Greenway Health Reviews | Glassdoor

Rating Trends Rating Trends
Greenway Health CEO Scott Zimmerman
Scott Zimmerman

Cons

"Employees are just "numbers", poor morale, no growth opportunities"

Former Employee - Analyst in Carrollton, GA
    Former Employee - Analyst in Carrollton, GA

I worked at Greenway Health full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Co-workers and direct report were the best people to work with! I had an amazing team and gained a lot of knowledge through my collaborating with them which I've been able to draw upon in my current job.

Cons

I'm very disappointed in the turn that this company has taken. I worked here for more than 10 years so I saw it at its best and I saw it as it declined. Management no longer values their employees - especially those with tenure. When you hit a certain payscale (which usually comes through performance increases over time-served) you're considered a financial burden and are a prime target for the annual (and sometimes even, semi-annual) lay-offs that have become their norm as a way to "balance the books". It appears that when they decide who to cut, dollars are the primary consideration and not performance or quality. I had stellar reviews and even received rewards and recognitions right up to the time I was let go. Yet, under-performers with less knowledge were kept on. I can only explain it by saying that those that were kept had lower salaries. This behavior is a shame because over the years of their doing this, morale has eroded, employees have become bitter and distrusting, and quality has fallen to the wayside.

However, through all of this you're expected to perform and grow. Yet there's really very little room for growth. In all my years there, I only remember one promotion from within. So, why bother with their career advancement program when you see those around you who are achievers being laid off. What's the incentive - fear that if you don't participate you'll be laid off sooner?

Also, I would be very wary of many of these positive reviews and the company's overall satisfaction score. If you look closely, you'll see a lot of positive reviews posted after one of their force reductions has occurred. It seems like they always try and maintain a 3.5 or higher score on glassdoor because I've seen it dip really low and then in no time it's miraculously 3.5-3.8 again due to a sudden influx of positive posts from supervisors and talent acquisition (HR). I guess it's harder to recruit people when you show a bad review!

If you're looking to "set roots" long-term somewhere, this company is NOT for you. If you're looking for advancement and growth opportunities, this company is NOT for you! Knowing now what I know, I would keep looking!

2. "Greenway takes care of employees: mind, body and spirit."

Current Employee - Receptionist in Carrollton, GA
    Current Employee - Receptionist in Carrollton, GA

I have been working at Greenway Health full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Inside and outside of the office Greenway allows their employees to reach and exceed their potential. Processional 55andeand personal opportunitie55tts6R allow you to grow in every wRetay. WT

Cons

As with any company experiencing growth and change, moral can dip at times. I'd love to see more executive and management involvement during those times.

Advice to Management

Get involved more with your employees during those rough patches. Come out of your office and share a laugh. We know you are busy but it will prove worth your time.

"Sales Executive"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Greenway Health full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great team environment. GREAT CUSTOMERS Great commission usually

Cons

Lots of.change. lack of internal communication. Departments cannot work together to support each other. We have been promised this is getting fixed. If true, this will be the best company to work for.

Advice to Management

Fix those departmentsame you say are broken

5. "Terrible place."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Carrollton, GA

I worked at Greenway Health full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Coworkers are awesome and the worklife balance is great.

Cons

Oh so many, terrible pay, they say that are competitive but they are so far from it it's insulting. Poor career growth, they use tenure based promotion i.e. You stay long enough you get promoted. Just a stepping stone to another job type of a company. Notice all good reviews come from talent. (A way to trick people into working here)

Advice to Management

Pay your development teams. They are the ones making your products not product management. Also get qualified people to do the work. Don't just take people from support and place them into rolls because they will accept that crap salary.

6. "A company that invests in your future"

Current Employee - Talent
    Current Employee - Talent

I have been working at Greenway Health full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-One of the leading IT companies in the nation, thus having one of the most innovative offices I have ever worked in
    -An open-door policy from entry-level to executives whenever you have a question
    -Programs that encourage positive affirmation for a job well done from employee to employee
    -Plenty of room for career advancement
    -Facilities include cafe, fitness center, & market

Cons

-Salary: what you see is what you get

Advice to Management

None at this time!

7. "Can't seem to get it together"

Former Employee - Sales
    Former Employee - Sales

I worked at Greenway Health full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I met some really great people working for Greenway, both other employees and customers.
    The revolving door of employees offers lots of open positions regularly.

Cons

The 'open door' policy puts a target on your back if it raises any sensitive issues, such as correcting unethical business tactics or unresponsive attitude to customer issues.
    'Change' is a bad word - even when it's aimed to make the company stronger & better.
    Customer service is an after thought, if it's thought of at all.
    Regardless of how hard you work, it is not enough. I covered areas outside my already enormous territory with not so much as a thank you. I repaired very broken client relationships, but was allowed no leeway when they were hesitant to sign again & no support from upper management to reassure these clients.

Advice to Management

If your employees are cared for, they will care for your customers, which will improve business. Asking employees to 'just get it signed' & worry about the contract errors or misrepresentations later will not have the same effect.

"Fake Reviews"

Former Employee - Consultant
    Former Employee - Consultant

I worked at Greenway Health full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

None at all. Disorganized, rotating door of employees on the sales side of the organization.

Cons

Everything. Benefits are expensive and have terrible coverage.

Advice to Management

Stop sucking at life.

9. "A place where you can make an impact."

Current Employee - Supervisor in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Supervisor in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Greenway Health full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- Very flexible and accommodating when personal issues arise.
    - Employees are encouraged to improve upon the current processes and are recognized for doing so.
    - There has been a huge focus on employee growth, so classes and courses are available for all.
    - There is an open door policy where you can discuss any ideas, issues or concerns with your manager/management.
    - The new CEO has implemented new processes since coming on board and the positive effects are starting to show as two of his initiatives, one-on-ones and development action plans have helped with employee engagement.
    - Quarterly team or department outings.

Cons

- Communication: This is an area where most companies could improve, but there is a disconnect between many departments and even within departments.
    - Certain departments do not have defined career paths, so to continued growth is possible only if you leave the department.

Greenway Health Response

Apr 5, 2017 – Greenway Health

Thank you for your feedback! We are excited that you are taking advantage of the many benefits that Greenway Health offers employees. We are dedicated to improving healthcare and know that each ... More

10. "Great Company"

I worked at Greenway Health full-time

Pros

They have the best benefits and awesome atmosphere!

Cons

I have no cons to add

Greenway Health Response

Apr 5, 2017 – Greenway Health

Thanks for your review. We have to agree that we have an awesome atmosphere. Have you checked out the photos in our profile? We have a work hard, play hard philosophy. Donuts, hockey, giving ... More

"Poor management, person leaves every week"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Carrollton, GA

I worked at Greenway Health full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Coworkers. Health club. Cafe. Close to home.

Cons

Poor management. They are adept at covering their mistakes and not the least concerned you keep catching them in a lie. They just lie again. Poor morals and lack of any integrity from your team lead and manager make job not worth it.

Advice to Management

Figure out why so many people leave. Don't band-aid, "we're the greatest" when people can see the discrepancy between what you want, and how team leads and managers actually treat their teams. You can't seriously believe all their stories, especially when some of their team backs them up. (That's called "clicks" and they're running good people off.)