Greenway Health Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

Rating Trends Rating Trends
Greenway Health CEO Scott Zimmerman
Scott Zimmerman

Pros
  • There is a good work/life balance, and there is lots of internal promotion (in 14 reviews)

• Wonderful Company and Great People to work with (in 20 reviews)

Cons
  • High deductible health plan is costly (in 22 reviews)

• High deductible health plan, but once the deductible was reached you were covered 100% (in 10 reviews)

1. "Worst of the worst"

Former Employee - Finance in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Finance in Tampa, FL

I worked at Greenway Health full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Competetive paycheck
    flexible with schedule

Cons

Worst leadership team I have ever experienced in 15 years. No accountability. HR is run by underqualified, inexperienced staff. No real training. Benefits are horrendous
    Steer clear

Advice to Management

Invest time in your leadership team, find out what is going on with your employees.

"Constant Change of Management"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

I worked at Greenway Health full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great chance to learn a lot. Stable check until company gets sold again. Nothing else positive to say. Mostly cons

Cons

No training. 3 CFOs in 4 years. Layer off 100 or more people due to bad financial planning. No accountability for upper management. HR is a joke.

Advice to Management

Hire people that are qualified

3. "Claims"

I worked at Greenway Health full-time

Pros

It is a job and it pays the bills. Looks good on a resume

Cons

Could get monotonous sometimes, but it's decent

"This Paycheck is not Worth it"

Former Employee - RCM
    Former Employee - RCM

I worked at Greenway Health full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Lousy work, but if you're mediocre and show up sometimes - they'll keep you employed.
    Pie is good though.

Cons

Too many to list, but the most troubling of all is how often this company has changed hands. It will likely be sold again, and employees are just collateral.

6. "Sales management is strange"

Former Employee - Sales
    Former Employee - Sales

I worked at Greenway Health full-time

Pros

Support and references are very good. Company tries to create a positive culture. Technology is up to date and demos well for prospects. Compensation is competitive

Cons

I'm not going to name names but the upper sales management at Greenway is very strange. From what I hear they were successful in sales when they were actually in the field but I have no idea how. Both of the individuals I am referring to would be more at home in a basement writing code than shaking your hand and talking to you.That becomes a problem when you are trying to talk to them about deals. Just very strange.

Advice to Management

Dale Carnegie???

"Poor Management, poor network."

Former Employee - Senior Network Engineer in Birmingham, AL
    Former Employee - Senior Network Engineer in Birmingham, AL

I worked at Greenway Health full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You can wear jeans.

Cons

Management in the I.T. department is poor. All they care about is the bottom line dollar and very little about the network and it's stability. Example, the Russians hacked their network and turned a virtual server into a bitcoin server....and this is a company dedicated to protecting Personal Health Information.

I went to management several times about security holes and upgrading end of life equipment..."we can't afford it."

Advice to Management

Get your head out of your....and protect people's PHI, and do something to stabilize your network.

"CEO?"

I have been working at Greenway Health full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Some flexibility in various departments - good hub in Tampa

Cons

Might as well count yourself out if you don't live in tampa

Advice to Management

you have more than one office - I seem to remember a CEO that was going to move to the new atl office to be impartial - now he is moving his whole exec team there. hmm

9. "Have enjoyed working at Greenway"

I have been working at Greenway Health full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

There are people that make coming to work enjoyable. Enjoy the interaction with clients.

Cons

There are people that like to dump the "busy" work on others because they feel it is beneath them.

Greenway Health Response

Feb 13, 2017 – Greenway Health

Thank you for your review. We are excited to hear that you enjoy your work and the interactions with coworkers. We are deliberate in our hiring practices and search for those that we feel will ... More

"Depends what you want"

Former Employee - Operations in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Operations in Tampa, FL

I worked at Greenway Health full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

It's impossible to get fired. You can sit in an office or cubicle forever and collect a paycheck with little accountability or having to work hard. It's a culture company, so you'll get free food, can listen to music, and they do community work.

Cons

NO happy customers. You will get blasted about how bad the products and service are all the time. We're run by PE which only wants EBIDTA and is looking to sell the company in the next couple years. Leadership is awful, they're all awaiting the buyout paycheck.

Advice to Management

If you want to join Vista, do it already. Don't pretend you care about the development of the Greenway Staff.

"It's a good company, but the EDI department is the worst to work in!"

Former Employee - EDI Specialist in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - EDI Specialist in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Greenway Health full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The new CEO is actually an understanding person and is trying to make Greenway better

There's only two people on the team that are pleasant to work with as EDI specialists. They do not have an attitude when you ask for help, they are always nice to speak with, and they both work hard.

Cons

I can't speak on other departments, but the clearinghouse EDI department is a complete joke.

The training is mediocre. They pretty much give you a folder with a list of guidelines (some of which are outdated) and expect you to work.

When working in this department you have to deal with particular people with horrible memory and will throw you under the bus in an instant if it means saving themselves. They create new rules as the drop of a dime and will then judge your past work for not having implemented the change even though we weren't doing it at the time. They LOVE to cause miscommunication by taking what you say and twisting it around to be something completely different. You need to get everything in writing with them because they certainly will tell you to do one thing and then say they didn't. They have a way of creating problems when there were none and they have very little patience. They allow the environment to remain uncomfortable, stressful and tense.

There are some who don't even know how our work process flows, but has the nerve to try and always compare us to the group in Tampa who don't have the same work process as us.

Too many "team members" contribute to the overall dysfunction of the department. People love to point out when you've made a mistake, they attempt to make you feel stupid for not knowing certain things, and everybody rather blame the next person than take personal accountability for something they did.

When I started working for Greenway it was with one other co worker. They had a few others doing the same role as us. They pretty much got rid of the majority of people there (some left on their own accord) and we were left with the bulk load of work that was left behind. They didn't seem to care at all that we were swamped and then added extra mundane tasks like timing how long you've worked on a particular case and logging it on top of filling out a redundant form every two weeks for a "one on one" meeting that never did anything but take us away from our heavy work load and then they have the audacity to complain when things aren't getting done fast enough. Overtime was never offered either.

I was personally invited to attend a small meeting with the new CEO (a little over a year after I started) and it wasn't until I mentioned raises that we were even considered for them. If it were up to them they would have had us working as hard as they needed us to without properly compensating us.

I was terminated due to losing my transportation and not being able to make it into the office anymore. I was given a temporary "work from home" contract for 3 months. It was not enough time for me to save for a car when my raise was denied due to falsehoods that were given by others. They could have let me work from home (some of our teammates do even the supervisor) but they chose not to. The funny thing is Greenway was very adamant and determined to get a hold of me when they were ready to fire me. When we did finally get some communication going I was given the directions for filing my final expense report and sending back the equipment (laptop, keyboard, etc). I filed it and sent the equipment back via FedEx. I have been trying to get into contact with Greenway to let them know everything has been done and if they could tell me the status of my expense report. The person I initially spoke with has literally been avoiding me. I've sent emails and called her (lvm) but its like they no longer care about helping since they have their equipment returned.

I've heard talk about the same type of messiness going on in other departments but the EDI is what I know more about.

Avoid working in this department at ALL costs!!

Advice to Management

Stop looking at your employees like numbers and see them as human beings.