Greenway Health Reviews | Glassdoor

Greenway Health CEO Scott Zimmerman
Scott Zimmerman

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • 401K match is at the end of the year, high deductible on health insurance (in 27 reviews)

• High deductible health plan, but once the deductible was reached you were covered 100% (in 11 reviews)

1. "Great Company"

Current Employee - Product Development Manager in Alachua, FL
    Current Employee - Product Development Manager in Alachua, FL

I have been working at Greenway Health full-time

Pros

Benefits. 401K matching. PTO. HSA matching.
    Advancement opportunities.
    Non-cut throat workplace.

Cons

Could be closer to Gainesville. Long drive.

2. "Leaders living the values"

Current Employee - New Leader in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - New Leader in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Greenway Health (Less than a year)

Pros

I've seen first hand the executive team put employees and customers first with Hurricane Irma heading toward Florida and Georgia.

Cons

We need to continue to strengthen our communication processes so employees completely understand our strategy and values and can live them every day.

Advice to Management

Keep at it! And help employees understand how they can better learn how to live the values.

Greenway Health Response

Sep 18, 2017 – Greenway Health

Thank you for your review.

The safety of the Greenway Health family will always be our first priority. Every leader in our organization was committed to making sure their team members were safe... More

3. "Feeling like a kid in a candy store"

Current Employee - PS Team in Carrollton, GA
    Current Employee - PS Team in Carrollton, GA

I have been working at Greenway Health full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Very good, knowledgeable and respectable people in the company to work with. I feel like I am a kid at a candy store, where a kid has so many choices and wants possibly everything in the store. I feel the same with Greenway Health, so many choices/departments in the company to expand your knowledge and build your career. I love every moment I spend with this company.

Cons

401K match is at the end of the year, high deductible on health insurance

Advice to Management

Stay the same, keep motivating us to achieve our goals.

4. "Putting the safety of employees above revenue"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Greenway Health full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The company has placed the safety of its employees above revenue concerns. They ensured the business needs of our customers are being met by offices outside Florida and in remote locations and gave the Tampa office a paid day off to allow ample time to prepare for the unpredictable direction of the hurricane. There is no doubt that they truly care about their employees.

Cons

There is definitely room for improvement on benefits

Advice to Management

Continue to make decisions that focus on the well being and quality of life for both internal and external customers above revenue and God will provide to grow the business.

5. "Great People - Great Products - 15 Years in Research & Development"

Current Employee - Software Development Manager in Gainesville, FL
    Current Employee - Software Development Manager in Gainesville, FL

I have been working at Greenway Health full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

People have passion for what we do and the difficult challenges we face.
    Learn something new every single day.
    Plenty of opportunity to move up and around in the company.
    Amazing working on something that matters to so many people.
    From the day you start, you can have your ideas heard and implemented.
    I plan to be here for a long time to come.

Cons

High deductible health plan
    401K matching only at the end of the entire year

6. "Claims Analyst"

Current Employee - Claims Analyst in Carrollton, GA
    Current Employee - Claims Analyst in Carrollton, GA

I have been working at Greenway Health full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Growing company providing great products.

Cons

Very complex business and can be difficult to understand.

7. "Claims Analyst"

I worked at Greenway Health full-time

Pros

Best work environment I have ever had. Everyone is friendly and always there to answer any questions you may have.

Cons

Takes awhile to get the hang of the job.

Advice to Management

You guys are doing great.

"Management-Generated Reviews Are Boosting the Average, Buyer Beware"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Carrollton, GA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Carrollton, GA

I worked at Greenway Health full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

So, I really don't want to disincentivize people from working here. It isn't a bad place to start your career - you'll get some good experience and learn to work in an office - but it isn't exactly a landing spot. They do some things to try to keep morale up but over time you'll realize that the money they spend on "team-building" would be much better situated in, well, your paycheck.

Work-life balance is good, I suppose - it's not the kind of work that you think about when you go home. Ever.

Cons

These aren't in any particular order, but here goes.

1) Terrible HDHP. You pay a lot, the deductible is pretty high for what you pay. They do have a good match on HSA and 401(k) but aside from that it's suboptimal.

2) As often is the case when you combine three companies with three very different cultures, there are some very diverse leadership styles in each office. In one office, for instance, there are a LOT of people in management that basically "fell upwards" or arrived at their position via nepotism. There is not a ton of interest in promoting based on ability from the ground up; it's not exactly a "baton in every private's knapsack" sort of situation. For whatever reason, they're reluctant to hold management accountable for the failings of their subordinates. The reason for that most likely is....

3) Nepotism. There is a large amount of favoritism in each office on the part of management towards....well, other management. I realize this is the case in many offices, but you get ahead by sucking up. Annual performance reviews are not tied to *promotion*; instead, they are tied to raises that, at the maximum, can only keep up with inflation. Unless you a) fall upwards due to a mass exodus or downsized or b) suck up, you are basically going to be stuck where you are indefinitely. Only in VERY few cases are individuals promoted based on ability, and in those cases the individuals promoted are often vastly overqualified for their positions.

4) Cost cutting. Boosting production and reducing workforce are huge corporate priorities. There are frequent hiring freezes, thus preventing career advancement (seriously, they never fire any managers). Similarly, their methods of "boosting production" are not really tied to any peer-reviewed methods; I think the number of Lean Six Sigma people they have in the whole company is probably ten or fewer. Seriously, it is not a particularly logical organization, and managing and addressing these issues over multiple offices is incredibly difficult. Another review mentioned that HR does practically nothing, and that's fairly accurate. Also, going back to the title -

5) Most of the current 5-star reviews are being generated by management. Speaking from experience, the corporate image is hugely important to the CEO and to the "talent management" (nominally HR, but really just puts out job postings for new positions and responds with inanities to Glassdoor posts). If you look back at the CEO's previous stops, you'll see an interesting trend: all of those companies have excellent Glassdoor scores! The reason for that is simple: the CEO wants to make whatever company he's with look as good as possible so he can himself move to a bigger company. With that in mind, (and, again, based on his track record) it is unlikely he'll be with Greenway past 2020.

There are more cons, of course, but it would take me a while to list them all. Anyway, just know what you're getting into here.

Advice to Management

1) Fire subpar managers and directors, please. Send out anonymous surveys to their subordinates (or even not anonymous) and figure out what their weaknesses are. If you are actually willing to review these individuals based on their actual job effectiveness (and not just the sheer amount of time they have been in their position or how well they can suck up) you will quickly find that there are SO many people in roles they are NOT qualified for.

Also, please don't respond to this with some inanity about your strict hiring process when most of the people in these roles were hired five or more years ago and would not be hired today. That's a big part of the reason that they are not qualified.

2) Seriously, stop boosting the reviews, acknowledge your issues, and fix them. As the old saying goes, you can put lipstick on a pig but it's still a pig. Do you think enough lipstick can hide the obvious pig-shaped body and pear-shaped balance sheet? Yeah, I doubt that.

9. "Great company culture with potential for growth."

Current Employee - Talent Acquisition in Carrollton, GA
    Current Employee - Talent Acquisition in Carrollton, GA

I have been working at Greenway Health full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Greenway allows for an excellent work/life balance. They also have a great culture built with a supportive work environment. Also, the company is growing so the potential for career growth is everywhere.

Cons

No deal breakers for me.

10. "So far have loved everything about Greenway Health, culture is great and you feel like a valued employee from day one"

Current Employee - Talent Acquisition in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Talent Acquisition in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Greenway Health full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Awesome company culture, open door policy is actually true, everyone in management always has time for you if you need to speak to them. A lot of transparency into where the company is headed.

Cons

So far have I do not have any negative things to say about the company, everything I have experienced here has been awesome and I truly enjoy coming to work every day.