Greenway Health Reviews | Glassdoor

3.3
Greenway Health CEO Scott Zimmerman
Scott Zimmerman

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • There is also an acknowledgement of the importance of work/life balance (in 18 reviews)

• Great people that are glad to help you out (in 29 reviews)

Cons
  • 401K match is at the end of the year, high deductible on health insurance (in 29 reviews)

• High deductible health plan, but once the deductible was reached you were covered 100% (in 11 reviews)

1. "5 years in and going strong!"

I have been working at Greenway Health full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

There have been many changes to this company over the years I have worked here. Some bad, some good, but I finally feel like we have found our stride. I LOVE working at Greenway. Leadership is fantastic and co workers are energetic and driven to make a big change in the industry. New CEO is really helping to usher in some amazing changes. Super excited to be part of the team! Some people complain about the high deductible insurance plan, but I think its great. If you know much about insurance right now, you know its really the best option. Plus, Greenway contributes quite a bit to your personal HSA, so you have tons of funds to put towards out of pocket costs.

Cons

A little bummed that we no longer have a big Christmas party for the company anymore. We used to have a fantastic party in Tampa every year and I feel like it was a great way to grow the company culture.
    Invest in the people that really care about the company. It has been a bit of an uphill battle to make the $$ I believe my role deserves, but overall, I am not going anywhere else.

Advice to Management

Maybe take a detailed look into your teams and make sure your star people are truly happy with the financial and work-life balance of their roles. Those that work the hardest seem to get more work loaded on them than those that "punch the clock"

2. "Great place to work"

I have been working at Greenway Health full-time

Pros

The work environment is extremely focused on the employees and the work/life balance is great. Good mix of older and younger employees and the office in Tampa is in a very easy to get location.

Cons

Parking can be tough, but there are perks with the parking garage right next door.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing!

Dec 14, 2017 – Senior Manager, Talent Management

Thank you for your recognition and celebration of our culture. We are extremely proud of our diverse employee population and thrilled that you are enjoying your experience at Greenway Health. That... More

"Long road to recovery ahead..."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

I worked at Greenway Health full-time

Pros

Great employees who truly care about each other and customers.

Cons

Complex product and systems. Senior management doesn't understand reality of challenges faced by employees, or doesn't care.

Advice to Management

Listen you your people, fix the products and make it easier for customers.

Dec 14, 2017 – Senior Manager, Talent Management

Thank you for your response. At Greenway Health, we agree that we have an incredible team of talented employees who aspire to be of service to our customers and each other. You would be encouraged... More

"Unclear Future, Layoffs, Inexperienced CEO"

I have been working at Greenway Health full-time

Pros

The Co-workers are amazing, I love the support staff, the training staff, sales team, etc. Great group of people, unfortunately half of them were given the opportunity to re-locate or leave which is a shady way to layoff half your staff.

Cons

CEO seems to have no idea what he is doing. All focus is on Tampa and Polaris, the product that is about 5 years too late. Greenway likes to release products before they are ready (Messenger, Community) so I'm sure the new web based product will be released in true Greenway fashion.....one giant mess with huge promises and a giant lack of follow up. Communication is non-existent and teams have lost all motivation and sense of pride. Every employee I talk to is actively trying to escape this sinking ship. Benefits are expensive and are horrible as well.

Advice to Management

You mean the management team that is left after we let them all "re-locate or leave"? Actively look to escape.

5. "Great company culture"

I worked at Greenway Health full-time

Pros

They genuinely care for and respect their employees. The atmosphere is one of tolerance and acceptance.

Cons

I didn't really care for the nature of the work. Not Greenway's fault! I just wasn't cut out to be a claims analyst.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work and don't move everything to Florida.

Dec 14, 2017 – Senior Manager, Talent Management

Thanks for your feedback. We are focused on creating a culture built around integrity, respect and caring for our teams and our customers. We appreciate your contributions to Greenway Health. We... More

"A place of deep misery and uncertainty"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Greenway Health full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

In most, if not all, departments, the co-workers are great! There's a strong sense of camaraderie in all aspects, even in the face of Greenway's many shortcomings.

There's plenty of catered food throughout the week, and most teams invite others to partake. That's about all.

Cons

This place is absolutely abysmal. I was here for over 5 years and I'll admit that I drank the Kool-Aid early on. I bought what they were selling. Now, though, their dirty laundry has been unveiled... and everyone's sick of it.

First, let's talk about the current events. Greenway just went through a massive layoff of over 300 employees, but you won't hear about it. Why? Because the company spun their layoffs as "relocation" and "consolidation", and basically put their jobs back on them. If the employees who were selected chose not to relocate, they were let go. Because they were "let go", it was seen as a termination versus a layoff and therefore, wasn't required to be reported.

Next, let's talk about Project Polaris. Firstly, Greenway loves to give these "buzzword"-type names for their projects to get people excited. Our customers aren't stupid. They've seen this facade time and time again. Back on track: Polaris is NOT going to be the hit that Greenway thinks it is. This "web-based" take on the current platform isn't going to mean anything to our customers because it's far, far too late. You've burned enough bridges with customers by making them spend hundreds of thousands of dollars on obsolete hardware... why would they, or should they, trust you now? This product will most likely fail and fall into obscurity.

Continuing with Project Polaris talk, I hope our current customers understand that Prime Suite and SuccessEHS development has now been offshored to a team in India. What's that mean for them as a customer? It means someone who doesn't know MIPS/MACRA, doesn't understand the US Healthcare system, and doesn't have YOUR needs as a customer in mind will be trying to write code to support you and your practice. Hope it doesn't fail.

Let's switch gears to communication. In three words: communication is terrible. The CEO is a nice enough guy, but boy does he get long winded. If you ever get an email from him, make sure you've got some down time to read it all. They've tried to get him to switch it up and make him do videos instead, but I just can't listen to him spew his rhetoric about innovation for 11 minutes. It's hard to take him seriously when he references "innovation" when some of our products still run IE 5. The customers and employees know it's just a buzzword.

All around the office, there's propaganda to entice employees to leave positive reviews on Glassdoor. If you notice, they don't waste time responding to negative reviews... only positive ones "praising" the reviewer. If you look at the CEO's past history with other organizations, you can see that this is pretty much the standard. The HR team is an absolute joke. If you ever have a problem or need them, they'll sell you down the river in a heartbeat. THERE IS NO CONFIDENTIALITY. They're maniacal and dishonest. If you're reading this review and considering a job here, I implore you to think long and hard about it.

The benefits are grim. 401K match is 100% up to 3% max. You do not get any 401K employer contributions unless you're an employee on 12/31. Those 300+ employees I talked about earlier who didn't relocate? Yeah, most of them won't be seeing an employer contribution. Compensation is an absolute JOKE. The salaries are embarrassing low and non-negotiable. You'll get every excuse in the book about why you won't get what you asked for.

The bottom line: this is a burn and churn company. This company will sell you out if it means saving a buck. It's the typical "slash and grab" mentality that plagues every equity-owned company. If you accept a job here, get ready to enter the spin zone.

Advice to Management

Learn from your mistakes. What you've been doing for the last 3 years isn't working. YOUR EMPLOYEES HATE YOU. Your customers hate you! Stop driving everyone away. Update your products. Pay your employees better.

Dec 14, 2017 – Senior Manager, Talent Management

Thank you for taking the time to respond. It sounds as if Greenway Health has not lived up to your expectations. The fact is, we agree with some of your perspectives, and we take full responsibility... More

"Unstable Company"

I have been working at Greenway Health full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Friendly co-workers, onsite gym/cafeteria

Cons

Leadership has no pulse on the employee or the customer. Decisions are made from the golden throne of the CEO with no thought on how it will effect the customer or the employees. Employees are being eliminated in order to get the company ready to sell (disguised as relocation offers) which creates a toxic work environment. Customers are being misled on the future of the company, and many customers are in the process of leaving for competitors as they see the writing on the wall.

Advice to Management

Start involving your employees and Managers, their opinions are not valued and the business is on a slippery slope of a mass exodus of both employees and customers.

Dec 14, 2017 – Senior Manager, Talent Management

Thank you for your perspective. We are concerned though organizational communications that correct information is not getting to you. We genuinely care about our employees, and we are committed to... More

"Bad PTO, Inconsistent Standards"

Current Employee - QA Engineer in Alachua, FL
    Current Employee - QA Engineer in Alachua, FL

I have been working at Greenway Health full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great work/life separation. Fun corporate attitude. Diverse workforce. In depth on-boarding process. Sprint socials and game room are nice. Variation in work.

Cons

Extremely lengthy interview process and little to no flexibility on salary. Laughably bad time off policies. PTO and sick are combined and very limited. Massively inconsistent standards. Certain offices totally lack professionalism. Snitches attempt to garner favor with managers. Be careful who you trust. Company not stable, many owners and office closings.

Advice to Management

Pay attention to satellite offices. Give reasonable time off.

Dec 14, 2017 – Senior Manager, Talent Management

Thank you for your feedback. We are continually striving to implement positive changes to transform our culture for our employees and customers. We have received feedback about our PTO (paid time... More

9. "Claims Analyst"

I have been working at Greenway Health full-time

Pros

Flexible work hours, remote opportunities

Cons

Job security, low pay grade compared to others

Nov 20, 2017 – Senior Manager, Talent Management

Thank you for your feedback. We are dedicated to creating a culture where our company's mission and vision is fully understood by all of our employees and we allow for flexible work environments to... More

"Great place to work but lost my trust"

I have been working at Greenway Health full-time

Pros

Entry Level Positions Available, Growth Oportunity

Cons

Can't trust Management, medical benefits are outrageous

Nov 13, 2017 – Senior Manager, Talent Management

Thank you for your feedback. At Greenway Health, we are committed to living our values which include integrity and respect at the foundation. As such we encourage two-way communication between our... More