KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Greenway Health

Is this your company?

Greenway Health

Add a Review

Greenway Health Employee Reviews about "upper management"

Updated Oct 6, 2020

Found 27 of over 699 reviews

3.3
Greenway Health CEO Richard Atkin
Richard Atkin
Pros
  • "Lots of great people all working to do the right thing and make things happen(in 45 reviews)

• "Unlimited PTO and the flexibility to work remotely, promtoe a very healthy work/life balance(in 33 reviews)

• Cons
  • "I am covered because it is the law but I cannot afford medical care due to the high deductible(in 31 reviews)

• "Horrible upper management that is constantly throwing more than their employees can handle(in 27 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Greenway Health and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "upper management"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Better than most

May 24, 2017 - Accounts Receivable in Tampa, FL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Smart people They care about their people They know what they are doing

Cons

Constant upper management change over leaves an organization that doesn't know what it wants, how to get there, or who is going to help get it there.

Continue reading
      Be the first to find this review helpful
    2. 3.0
      Former Employee

Eh

Oct 6, 2020 - Experienced Associate Claims Analyst in Carrollton, GA
      Business Outlook

Pros

It was alright. Not good, not awful. Just alright.

2 people found this review helpful

Sr. Director, Talent

Thank you for your feedback on Greenway Health. As always, our goal is to provide a collaborative, supportive environment that encourages professional growth and the best possible service for our customers. We empower employees to drive change and process improvement and we strive to constantly evolve our operations to better serve our customers. Employees with ideas or concerns are always encouraged to discuss with their leader or Talent partner.

3. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Overworked, under paid, and under appreciated - the sinking ship that is Greenway.

Nov 14, 2019 - Product Manager in Tampa, FL
      Business Outlook

Pros

There are some fairly competent people working here.

Cons

How can you even start to convey how bad this company has become over the previous year? Current employees are fixing issues from the past. Major turn overs and loss of knowledge across every department. No internal training worth looking at (even though they tout this constantly). Poorly directed projects. Every day, every thing is putting out a fire. Wages are increased below marginal amounts and they under pay for the job categories across the entire American market. No product knowledge. Domain knowledge is low. Company is starting to outsource instead of hiring qualified Americans. They just cut out our better health care option to save themselves money. No information dissemination from upper management. Leadership has no shown a roadmap in a year. I imagine they are hedging their bets on selling the company. Most employees are disgruntled. In an Annonymous Q&A employees asked why CEO is making millions and half our employees are making slightly above minimum wage and working 60+ hours a week. Company decided to stop having Q&As and ignore the employee morale.

9 people found this review helpful

Sr. Director, Talent

Thank you for sharing your review, and we’re sorry to hear your experience wasn’t a positive one. Our industry is one that changes rapidly, and our work must adjust to meet those challenges. We review our compensation structure on an annual basis to ensure our total rewards package is competitive to attract and retrain talent in our industry. Greenway is committed to helping our employees manage their healthcare costs in the best way possible. It’s for that reason we offer up to $2,000 per year in Health Savings Account contributions and are driving meaningful improvements in our wellness program as well as the healthy resources and initiatives we offer employees. The recent removal of one of our health plan options was a difficult decision, but also the best decision to help manage the costs. The plan in question, which had a 17% enrollment rate, had developed a consistent negative trend in spending not indicative of a consumer health plan. Keeping it would have led to all employees receiving a 23% increase to medical premiums. Removing the plan, on the other hand, allowed us to absorb a greater cost share in the remaining health plan option so we could minimize the increase to employee premiums. It also allows us to head off the negative trend that was developing so we can get back to either maintaining or improving employee premiums as we’ve done every year for the last 5 years. Members of our Talent team are available to every employee to discuss any concerns about scheduling. We’re committed to giving our employees the tools and support they need to successfully perform in their roles. Our team members have many opportunities to develop professionally through training and education. Our company’s top priority is to build a culture of quality, compliance, and transparency. Our compliance program requires the ongoing training and education of all team members. This puts our organization at the top of the industry in ensuring team members are properly educated and trained for their roles.

4. 2.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Transformation has been a disaster

Nov 12, 2019 - Anonymous Employee in Carrollton, GA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great coworkers, decent benefits, great time off system.

Cons

Leadership is letting everyone down. Migrations is a nightmare and has left customers unhappy. No one seems to care about the customers. Operations managers or whatever they’re called are so stressed by management and it’s trickling down to analysts. Management being outright rude to each other is not empowering. Things were so much better before July. I used to love coming to work and now I really dread it. When concerns were raised upper management essentially said “if you don’t want to be here then leave.” I believe we can get back to how things were. I think the company is wanting things to be better, but transition was rushed and management seems to be to be ignoring it. We know how bad this has been.

7 people found this review helpful

Sr. Director, Talent

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with us, and we’re glad to hear that you enjoy working with your team. When we began offering unlimited time off earlier this year, we were hopeful it would be a plus for our employees! Our industry is changing rapidly, and our business is evolving to reflect those changes. That’s why one of our Greenway values is Agility, the ability to learn and adapt quickly. It’s not always easy, and we want to make sure you have the resources and support you need to succeed. We encourage you to share your concerns with your manager or any member of the Talent team.

5. 1.0
      Former Intern, more than 1 year

Happy to be done with a toxic environment

Apr 23, 2019 - Customer Support in Tampa, FL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Not many. Well paycheck was in my account every two weeks.

Cons

I can go on for days. Poor leadership, lack of communication, horrible decision making, low pay, endless hours, no training, multiple changes with no follow up; completion or complete thought of how it will affect other teams or customers for that matter, incompetent processes, lack luster motivation, disorganization under the guise of “transformation”, multiple lawsuits waiting to happen, upper management has too many separate visions that do not coincide, so many tenured employees gone without capturing key information, willing to tell clients anything but the truth, “senior executives” promoting themselves after small time with the company but make lower employees scrounge for scraps (this is celebrated as promoting talent), company fun committee is a joke (large company —no real execution of major holiday events but will throw some candy at you every now and then), shady hiring practices, executives & department leaders do not understand the product but expect staff to, MyTime is the worse addition added as well & abused by hourly employees but Talent celebrates it as a success so remaining employees are over worked, ok I’m done, I think you understand—apply only if it’s your last option in life before becoming homeless.

2 people found this review helpful
    6. 2.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

A mess

Oct 21, 2019 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Most of the people here are really great, and lower level management (our leads and CRMs in GRS) are GREAT. They teach a lot and are just very genuine people in my experience. I don't think my overall experience at this company is bad, but it does leave a lot to be desired over the past 8 months or so. And in terms of pay in my area this company pays more than other jobs, but that's not saying much.

Cons

-Pay: we do not get paid the industry standard and there are a lot of disparities as to where starting pay is. A lot of replies to the compensation complaints on here are "we review compensation yearly" and yes they do, but trust me it's not a lot. I got a bonus of a whopping $60 or so and a raise of $00.11. -Miscommunication and shifting goals: things are always changing and not in the good ways. There are a lot of "special projects" happening since the settlement (re: lawsuit) and they seem like pointless endeavors and frustrate the staff working them and the clients being forced into them. A particular project group has some people working support when they have not been trained to do so. -Lack of support techs/lack of allocation in GRS: Support is bleeding. They have a lot of people doing much more than any one person should be doing and do not compensate them properly much of the time. -Mistrusting of corporate: Many of the non-corporate employees absolutely do NOT trust anything upper management has to say. It feels like we are made to do ridiculous changes and asked to be agile when we are being fed sugarcoated information. Everyone feels uneasy and like the company may shut down a branch soon or do mass layoffs. -Sales: Sales is making promises to customers that are not doable- either by software or by employees, they are just aiming for commission without caring about those who take the brunt of clients' anger. -Upward mobility: there's none. -Insurance: Could be much better considering we're a company that deals in health insurance solutions

8 people found this review helpful
    7. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 5 years

Most toxic place I've ever worked. Don't walk away-RUN!!

Dec 12, 2019 - Project Manager in Carrollton, GA
      Business Outlook

Pros

There are few pros. I was there before it was bought by Vista and it was better back then. You were at least treated like a person then and not an expendable number like post Vista.

Cons

I worked at Greenway for over 5 years and don't have many nice things to say about it. You get low pay and get worked to death. You're expected to work 24/7 and I never took a vacation that I didn't have to work during. Expected to travel at a moment's notice. The culture is super toxic and women are treated as lesser than, paid less, and not promoted. The VP of our department proudly walked around saying he was a "walking HR violation". There was a federal investigation/lawsuit into Greenway that showed how thoroughly toxic it is there from the top all the way down. There's also a huge amount of nepotism, especially for the people at the director and upper management level who have no business being in their positions, but their boss liked them the best so that's where they are. They try to sell you the illusion that you're family, but once I was laid off, I never heard a single word from my "family". For the people in Carrollton, they know they are the only large employer in the small town and they can pay people dirt, but just enough dirt to keep them from commuting to Atlanta.

11 people found this review helpful

Sr. Director, Talent

Thank you for taking the time to share your review, and we’re sorry to hear you didn’t find your time at Greenway to be a positive one. We’re puzzled by your comment about the company’s promotion of women. We prioritize diversity and inclusion at every level within the company. In fact, women hold 6 of the 11 positions on our Executive Leadership Team, including General Counsel, Chief Medical Officer, Chief Financial Officer, Chief Compliance Officer, Chief Organizational Transformation Officer and VP of Marketing. All of our employees have opportunities to develop professionally through training and education, and we’ve launched an entire platform dedicated to continuing education. Our compliance program requires the ongoing training and education of all team members. This puts our organization at the top of the industry in terms of ensuring team members are properly educated and trained for their roles. Our compensation package is reviewed on an annual basis and remains consistent with industry standards. Additionally, we offer a competitive total rewards package that includes open paid time off. Greenway Health remains financially strong and dedicated to improving lives through innovative solutions.

8. 2.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Avoid Greenway if you are a developer

Oct 11, 2017 - Software Engineer in Carrollton, GA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good people in lower-level development Some minor perks like free coffee and soda, relaxed attitude towards occasional working from home Regular social events with catered food

Cons

Upper management is terrible. The product is built on 20 year old technology but there has been no consistent plan on how to modernize and move forward. First they said we would simply update the codebase gradually, then they decided we would build a modern application concurrently and drop self-contained modules from the new thing into the old application as they were completed (which turned out to be a technical disaster) and now they are putting the product in maintenance mode and writing a replacement from scratch. There is a feeling that management is just throwing different ideas at the wall and going with something until it gets hard then switching to something else. They have been adding more and more offshore resources leaving everyone unsure of how long until they simply get rid of the American developers and turn everything over to cheaper offshore teams. The American developers already make far below national average salary. Last week the company announced that they were moving all development positions to the Tampa office, giving all the developers in other locations the option to relocate to Tampa (with no increase in salary and laughably small relocation assistance) or leave the company in January. It is clear that there is no loyalty towards employees.

27 people found this review helpful

Senior Manager, Talent Management

Thanks for your feedback. We agree with some aspects of your perspective. There hasn’t been a formal plan to modernize our platform and focus on customer demands because we have needed to focus on the regulatory requirements our providers were facing. Now, we are excited to be moving forward on the new state-of-the-art platform are employees and customers have desired. We have committed tremendous resources to what’s next for Greenway Health. This plan has lead us to create an offshore sustaining engineering team, which creates great opportunities for our employees to be on the ground level of the new platform. The One Greenway announcement will make this organization more integrated and connected, allowing us to provide world class service to our customers. Our focus has always been, and will continue to be, positioning providers to provide exceptional care to their patients. We are also dedicated to our employees and although we understand that not everyone is able to relocate to Tampa, Carrollton or Alachua, we are thrilled that we have received such a positive response to the opportunity for relocation from many employees. We remain committed to assisting those employees that are unable to relocate by providing an extended notice period, outplacement/ resume writing assistance and a severance package to help with the transition to a new employer. We know we are doing some great things at Greenway Health to help our providers and we are optimistic about the future.

9. 2.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years

Slow spiraling death.

Jan 26, 2019 - Customer Service Specialist in Tampa, FL
      Business Outlook

Pros

The campuses are clean, secure and modern. The Tampa campus I work in is located in a professional building close to the International mall and the airport. There is plenty of parking in the garage adjacent to the building. The office is mostly cubicles with offices reserved for managers of different levels. People are not stacked on top of each other. This environment may change due to some campuses being closed and space consolidated into two major facilities. Here in Tampa and the other in Carrollton GA. There are some remote users but those are about twenty-five percent of the workforce. I will talk more in depth about that in the cons portion. The equipment is current and well maintained for the most part with a responsive internal IT department to resolve any problems. They do try and make it a fun place to work. There are numerous luncheons and other events all year long. There is a chance for advancement inside the company. There are many employees that have moved up the “totem pole” to senior or management positions. If you work hard it is noticed by immediate supervisors.

Cons

Salaries are below average for the region. Even with quarterly bonus incentive program, it falls short. When Vista Equity Partners (the parent company) investment in their technical employees dried up. Greenway routinely sells and deploys new tech both on the hardware and software side. This is done with little or no warning to support staff leaving them sounding confused and resulting in poor customer experience. This is a software company that for whatever reason refuses to invest in their people. Yes, they offer free online training but it is outdated and dry. Loaded firearms should not be in the general vicinity when taking these classes. There are monthly leadership classes given by executives. Unless your goal is to be a Senior Vice President they are useless. Some lower-level managers are good. Some of the older ones are technical and have worked their way up. Younger ones are just managers and ineffective in both their managerial skills and able to assist in tech-related problems. Upper management is distant and has no idea of the day to day needs of the person in the cubicle. There are monthly meetings but it is mostly informational and sunshine sessions. Questions are few and never really worked or answered. This is clearly illustrated by the ongoing campus restructuring program. New employees showing up to work without a phone, a chair, or piece of IT equipment needed to perform their duties. While the planning was there the execution seems to have failed miserably. It is incomprehensible to me how something that was planned so many months in advance fell so short. Finally, the company’s insistence of having new hires work from the two campuses really hurts filling open positions. There is a difficult DPAT test one must pass to even be considered and with the limitations on these two facilities restricts potential candidates. There are plenty of people who can work effectively while telecommuting. The revolving door on the CEO office has not stopped spinning since Vista bought the company. New CEO means new priorities and loss of focus. The companies numerous application flaws have seriously crippled industry trust. Good people are not valued and have left Greenway for higher salaries for the same or lesser positions.

11 people found this review helpful

Sr. Director, Talent

Thank you for your review of Greenway Health. We appreciate your feedback. We value each member of our award-winning customer service team and strive to provide an environment that is conducive to collaboration, innovation, and growth. Compensation is reviewed on an annual basis and we strive to have a competitive total rewards package. We constantly work to provide innovative training and development solutions in many different formats to maximize opportunities for employees to learn and grow their careers. If employees have suggestions on how to improve training offerings they are encouraged to contact our Talent Learning & Development team to share insights and ideas. Since you have used an extreme description to imply that you do not find our current online training offerings to be interesting, you are encouraged to share your thoughts for improvement with a member of our talent management team. Our leadership team did undergo change in 2018, and we are excited about our direction and our overall efforts to provide more communication and transparency throughout the organization. Thank you again for your review.

10. 2.0
      Former Contractor, more than 3 years

Poor Management, Great PTO

Aug 27, 2018 - Claims Analyst in Carrollton, GA
      Business Outlook

Pros

One of the best reasons to work at Greenway Health is the hours. They are flexible and you can come in as early as 7:00 AM and leave at 3:30 PM or come in as late as 9:00 AM. The PTO is good too. You are constantly accruing PTO and it is a generous amount of time.

Cons

Management is a very closed off group. They are all friends and nothing is kept private or confidential. When there is an issue, and it is brought to upper management, the issue is always told to multiple people. The pay is not competitive and does not keep up with other organizations. Every year you are given approximately a $0.25 raise. Starting out at $13.00/hr, it is very hard to reach a sustainable wage for at least several years. The client leads and revenue managers also have favorites on their teams. There are so many people on the floor who do nothing but sit on their phones all day scrolling through social media, and talking to their friends, but never get reprimanded. Then the other people who actually do their job, have to clean up their lack of work on top of what they already have to do. If I was a provider's office and knew what went on every day on my account's receivable, I would be very disappointed. Their is a large amount of unprofessionalism at Greenway Health.

1 person found this review helpful