Gregory FCA Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

4.2
Greg Matusky

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Gregory FCA is the place to be"

I worked at Gregory FCA full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I had an amazing experience at Gregory FCA. I learned so much about media relations, public relations and also the financial services industry.

Pros: The people, the atmosphere/culture, the breakfast and drinks fridge, the location (right in downtown Ardmore “eight miles west of the Liberty Bell”), the opportunity for growth, working on multiple accounts in a team environment, the gym, the hair salon... the list goes on!

Cons

I don’t see why you wouldn’t want to work here. Gregory FCA is a great place to start your career.

Advice to Management

Trust your entry-level employees!

2. "Account Executive"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Ardmore, PA
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Ardmore, PA

I have been working at Gregory FCA full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

My time here at Gregory FCA has been extremely educational. The firm is very invested in training its employees and holds regular lunch and learns about public relations, influencer marketing, write and content marketing. They want their people to gain competencies quickly in order to be among the best in the business.

Cons

While top management emphasizes training, team leaders often fail to follow through and provide hands-on training.

Advice to Management

Make team leaders follow your example and share their knowledge and expertise with younger members of the firm.

"Great Company, Great Culture"

Former Employee - Former Employee
    Former Employee - Former Employee

I worked at Gregory FCA full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I came to Gregory FCA with over 10 year of experience in the communications industry.

When I first started, I knew very little about finance, but that didn't stop me from flourishing as a storyteller and securing coverage for my financial clients.

Gregory FCA not only teaches you financial terms with presentations and classes, but they send all of their employees to national finance conferences to learn more about the industry.

The company also allowed me to work with real estate and cybersecurity clients too, which shaped me to be a well-rounded employee.

Gregory also has a great team structure in place that allows you to work efficiently with 3-5 clients instead of getting burnt out with too many clients (like most other PR firms do).

Gregory FCA gave me the opportunity to work with prominent national clients and I was therefore able to work closely with some of the best media outlets in the world including CNBC, Fox Business, The Wall Street Journal, Forbes, Fortune, NY Times , LA times and more.

The owners, managers and vice presidents work very close with their employees too. They treat their employees like family and there is a great team culture.

Unlike most CEOs and owners who focus mostly on revenue, Gregory FCA's owners are passionate about creating the best office culture for their employees. They do this by organizing social gatherings which include happy hours and sporting events.
    They provide free breakfast every morning and stock the fridges with juice, water Gatorade and soda. There is a gym and the company offers a personal trainer once a week. The company also makes you feel like a contributing member of the community by organizing volunteer events such as helping veterans, the homeless and less fortunate.

The office hours are better than most comm positions I have had. They are typically 8:30 am-5:30 pm and no one is required to work after hours, so it gives you a chance to hang up your coat at the end of the day and spend time with family and friends and also have a social life. In the summer, employees get released at 3:30 pm on Fridays.

My short time at Gregory FCA was worthwhile as it helped me advance my career and become a PR Manager of a private company.

I recommend the firm to anyone who is passionate about media and is looking to advance their career in communications.

Cons

I worked at Gregory FCA for almost 2 years and I don't have any negatives to say about the company. The people at Gregory FCA are some of the nicest I have ever worked with. Advice: Keep doing what you're doing.

"Not how a business should act"

Former Employee - Financial Services Junior Associate in Ardmore, PA
    Former Employee - Financial Services Junior Associate in Ardmore, PA

I worked at Gregory FCA full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

For the first two weeks or so, I loved working at Gregory FCA--the people were great and friendly, there was always free food and drink around and the work wasn't too hard. That's honestly the only good thing I can say about this company is that there was always free food and drinks.

Cons

After the brief honeymoon stage of starting to work at Gregory FCA ended, the busy work became overwhelming. I ended up doing work in the morning before going into the office and when I got home at night. My supervisor even set up "quizzes" for me to take biweekly to make sure I was "grasping" the material for our clients. Mind you, this was two weeks into the position. So, I ACTUALLY MAKE FLASHCARDS and STUDIED them when I got home at night to prepare for these quizzes. Never have I studied this hard, and I just got out of college. But, the thing that enraged me the most was that nothing I did was EVER good enough for these people. I would study before work, after work, write up my briefs at home to double- and triple-check them for mistakes, but they would ALWAYS find something to criticize me for. And I do mean criticize. That is a great way to discourage your employees, GFCA, keep up the great work! Needless to say, it did not work out and I am now and an amazing job that is 1000000X better that the one I had there (and a TON more money, which is another thing they do not give their employees much of.) I also read a comment that there is favoritism and caddiness in the workplace and I could not agree more. The management clearly has their favorites and makes that crystal clear to everyone. I have never been so shocked and disappointed in a "professional" business in all my life. The people in this office, mostly women, had their cliques and it was almost like being back in high school where some of the girls, and I am intentionally calling them girls, would be downright rude to the newcomers. I am truly glad it did not work out because I was literally miserable when I was at GFCA and would go home crying almost every day. Pass on this one, there are better jobs out there--Trust me!

Advice to Management

There's really nothing I can say that I'm sure a million people haven't told you before, but I'll sum it up into three key tips: 1) Don't have favoritism--and if you do, don't make it clear to other employees, 2) offer your employees more money--if you want me to do all this work, you should pay me more than an intern and 3) cut down on the caddiness at work--it makes newcomers feel unwelcome and interferes with their work. Also, its just plain mean and rude. Good luck!

Gregory FCA Response

Nov 4, 2016 – hr director

The junior associate program at Gregory FCA is admittedly rigorous and is an important trial period for both the employee and the organization.

We are a high performing culture that works hard to... More

5. "An unmatched workplace"

I worked at Gregory FCA full-time

Pros

Having worked at various international PR agencies as well as small boutique agencies, I believe there is really no other firm like Gregory FCA. What people have said in previous reviews about the great quality of life benefits at the company are spot on. Fresh breakfasts are provided daily, there is a free, private gym onsite, the company holds regular fun events (think chili cook offs or pumpkin carving competitions), they hold not one, but two annual parties, plus impromptu happy hours and more. There are consistent efforts to make sure employees stay happy and healthy while working there, and it really makes all the difference.

But more than that, Gregory FCA is a place that allows for individual growth and learning, and treats staff like people, not cogs in a wheel. The company is committed to its employees and is willing to reward hard work and dedication. They also don’t hold back when it comes to putting resources toward continued development for staff. For example, they host regular seminars and workshops on topics like writing for impact, strategic media relations, financial PR trends and beyond.

At some firms you get a sense that individuals are protective of their skill sets or insights so that they can use them to get ahead. But at Gregory FCA, those people act as mentors to help their colleagues grow. Some of the most talented writers, media relations pros and social media gurus I've met work out of Gregory FCA, and they were always willing to lend their time to help other colleagues adapt those skills to better their own abilities.

Plus, the company isn’t scared to try new things in the industry. Whether its new social platforms, technology, content ideas… the up and coming is always being explored there, which is fun to be a part of.

At Gregory FCA, I saw many talented junior-level staff that came with fresh insights and ideas and were able to contribute right from the get-go because of the open, collaborative environment. But I also saw managers and even the most senior executives who were involved in, excited about and supportive of the work that was being done. All in all, it is a refreshing, fast paced, rewarding work place, with good opportunities to grow -- and a really fun side to enjoy along the way.

Cons

If people are used to working in an urban downtown environment like NYC they might initially consider the location in Ardmore to be a con. But the office is a quick 3-4 minute walk to the train station that takes you into the heart of the city in just a short ride. Plus, the town of Ardmore is full of great shops, restaurants, bars, etc. that make it a fun, vibrant and beautiful place to work.

Advice to Management

My advice to management would be to keep it up, it is a great place to work.

"Gregory FCA gets it right"

Pros

Having come from a very media-focused large PR agency in NYC, I was used to long hours, fast turn-around clients and unengaged company leaders. Gregory FCA "gets" the media landscape to rival that of any NYC agency, but its company culture is certainly unique to the firm. This is a company that truly cares about the happiness of its employees and clients alike, and the executive team consistently runs day-to-day operations to reinforce the idea that happy employees do the best work for their clients. "Perks" include a daily catered breakfast bar, waffle wednesdays, free gym & fitness classes, endless beverage options, surprise happy hours and more. The team leaders truly want their supporting staff to succeed, and I consider myself very lucky to work within such a positive organization.

Cons

I honestly do not have any cons.

"Great People"

I worked at Gregory FCA full-time

Pros

This is a company that really cares about its employees. You could tell that everyone here not only cared about their work, but they cared about each other.

Cons

There seemed to be some internal disorganization and unlike a lot of boutique firms, the senior level folks were not as accessible.

"Not the most exciting job"

Former Employee - Junior Associate in Ardmore, PA
    Former Employee - Junior Associate in Ardmore, PA

I worked at Gregory FCA part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Fun company culture
    - Greatly improved PR writing skills

Cons

- Very cliquey
    - Boring cubicle atmosphere, sometimes hard to make it through the day
    - Lots of busy work; often ran out of work to do. When I would ask about additional assignments I was often told there was nothing else for me to do. Spent a lot of time performing the same tasks rather than learning the skills I was promised when hired. Disappointing, since I turned down several other offers to work here.

"Opportunity for growth if you work for it"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Ardmore, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Ardmore, PA

I have been working at Gregory FCA full-time

Pros

For those who have the right talents and drive to get things done, Gregory FCA holds a lot of opportunity. In recent years, the company has done a great job of promoting from within and recognizing those who deserve to move forward. The atmosphere is fun and fairly casual and there are a lot of really smart people to learn from.

Cons

The grapevine is very active, so sometimes news gets out within the company before management has a chance to share it. This can lead to confusion, especially when important employees have left the company.

"A mix of Romper Room and Scary Movie"

Former Employee - Account Executive in Ardmore, PA
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Ardmore, PA

I worked at Gregory FCA full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fun atmosphere, generous bosses, ability to step right in to big projects, working for some interesting clients, free cereal at all times

Cons

Everyone is seemingly 21 -- they have staff meetings reminding people not to wear ripped up jeans to work. You can fall out of favor quickly

Advice to Management

The company seems a bit schizophrenic; a more even keel would suit staff and clients alike.