Gregory FCA Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

3.9
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Greg Matusky

"Opportunity for growth if you work for it"

I have been working at Gregory FCA full-time

Pros

For those who have the right talents and drive to get things done, Gregory FCA holds a lot of opportunity. In recent years, the company has done a great job of promoting from within and recognizing those who deserve to move forward. The atmosphere is fun and fairly casual and there are a lot of really smart people to learn from.

Cons

The grapevine is very active, so sometimes news gets out within the company before management has a chance to share it. This can lead to confusion, especially when important employees have left the company.

2. "Not how a business should act"

Former Employee - Financial Services Junior Associate in Ardmore, PA
    Former Employee - Financial Services Junior Associate in Ardmore, PA

I worked at Gregory FCA full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

For the first two weeks or so, I loved working at Gregory FCA--the people were great and friendly, there was always free food and drink around and the work wasn't too hard. That's honestly the only good thing I can say about this company is that there was always free food and drinks.

Cons

After the brief honeymoon stage of starting to work at Gregory FCA ended, the busy work became overwhelming. I ended up doing work in the morning before going into the office and when I got home at night. My supervisor even set up "quizzes" for me to take biweekly to make sure I was "grasping" the material for our clients. Mind you, this was two weeks into the position. So, I ACTUALLY MAKE FLASHCARDS and STUDIED them when I got home at night to prepare for these quizzes. Never have I studied this hard, and I just got out of college. But, the thing that enraged me the most was that nothing I did was EVER good enough for these people. I would study before work, after work, write up my briefs at home to double- and triple-check them for mistakes, but they would ALWAYS find something to criticize me for. And I do mean criticize. That is a great way to discourage your employees, GFCA, keep up the great work! Needless to say, it did not work out and I am now and an amazing job that is 1000000X better that the one I had there (and a TON more money, which is another thing they do not give their employees much of.) I also read a comment that there is favoritism and caddiness in the workplace and I could not agree more. The management clearly has their favorites and makes that crystal clear to everyone. I have never been so shocked and disappointed in a "professional" business in all my life. The people in this office, mostly women, had their cliques and it was almost like being back in high school where some of the girls, and I am intentionally calling them girls, would be downright rude to the newcomers. I am truly glad it did not work out because I was literally miserable when I was at GFCA and would go home crying almost every day. Pass on this one, there are better jobs out there--Trust me!

Advice to Management

There's really nothing I can say that I'm sure a million people haven't told you before, but I'll sum it up into three key tips: 1) Don't have favoritism--and if you do, don't make it clear to other employees, 2) offer your employees more money--if you want me to do all this work, you should pay me more than an intern and 3) cut down on the caddiness at work--it makes newcomers feel unwelcome and interferes with their work. Also, its just plain mean and rude. Good luck!

Gregory FCA Response

Nov 4, 2016 – hr director

The junior associate program at Gregory FCA is admittedly rigorous and is an important trial period for both the employee and the organization. We are a high performing culture that works hard to ... More

"Not the most exciting job"

Former Employee - Junior Associate in Ardmore, PA
    Former Employee - Junior Associate in Ardmore, PA

I worked at Gregory FCA part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Fun company culture
    - Greatly improved PR writing skills

Cons

- Very cliquey
    - Boring cubicle atmosphere, sometimes hard to make it through the day
    - Lots of busy work; often ran out of work to do. When I would ask about additional assignments I was often told there was nothing else for me to do. Spent a lot of time performing the same tasks rather than learning the skills I was promised when hired. Disappointing, since I turned down several other offers to work here.

5. "A mix of Romper Room and Scary Movie"

Former Employee - Account Executive in Ardmore, PA
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Ardmore, PA

I worked at Gregory FCA full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fun atmosphere, generous bosses, ability to step right in to big projects, working for some interesting clients, free cereal at all times

Cons

Everyone is seemingly 21 -- they have staff meetings reminding people not to wear ripped up jeans to work. You can fall out of favor quickly

Advice to Management

The company seems a bit schizophrenic; a more even keel would suit staff and clients alike.

6. "Excellent Experience"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Ardmore, PA

Pros

This job was my first in the "real world" and I had an excellent experience learning from industry professionals who took their jobs seriously. I was treated with respect from middle and upper management and think others were treated equally. Honesty and work ethic are two properties that differentiate the top employees from the bottom of the barrel. The best part, management notices!

Cons

I wish I could say the same about the respect I received from middle and upper management that I received from my peers. I almost felt bad outperforming them.

Advice to Management

You are an excellent company - there are many account executives that are lucky to be working there.

"Great training ground. Offered a lot of opportunities."

Former Employee - Associate Vice President in Ardmore, PA
    Former Employee - Associate Vice President in Ardmore, PA

Pros

I look back at my time at Gregory FCA as valued experience that opened many doors. I still think a lot about going back. The company is client focused and very fast-paced, and for employees that did well in that environment there was vast opportunity, but the ones that didn't left. I always felt challenged and rewarded there.

Cons

The one downside is the company's location. Selfishly, I wish it had been in downtown Philadelphia, but the train is a couple blocks away, so it was manageable.

Advice to Management

I can't say enough positive things about working at Gregory FCA. I continue to have strong, lasting relationships with the management and even call on them for advice in my new role.

8. "Opportunity abounds"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Ardmore, PA

Pros

Gregory FCA was a fast-paced, high energy PR agency that never lost site of its entrepreneurial roots. Despite being one of the largest and successful agencies in the Northeast, accounts are structured to enable even the most junior account coordinator to have an impact on clients. Senior management invests in strong employees, ensuring they have the skills necessary to advance their careers

Cons

at times, junior staff could be easily distracted by the petty and mundane which was counterproductive to the agency's mission.

Advice to Management

Continue to invest in your employees. Even if they don't stay with you for their entire careers, they'll always remember the time you took to make sure they were achieving their best. If they go to the client-side, they may even retain you!

9. "Creative Atmosphere at Gregory FCA"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Ardmore, PA

Pros

Gregory FCA is an innovative agency that fosters collaboration and creativity within its staff. Management understands that people are at the core of a successful pr agency so it takes great pains to ensure that creativity is encouraged and the needs of both clients and staff are job #1.

Cons

Some sparkling water or juice in the frig to go along with the soda would most likely be appreciated since so many staffers hit the gym regularly.

Advice to Management

Keep the creative atmosphere going since it is resulting in a dedicated staff and a core of new and longtime clients.

"Fun place to start working, but not to stay for too long."

Current Employee - Account Executive in Ardmore, PA
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Ardmore, PA

Pros

There are a lot of young people, so it can be a fun environment to work with. The company takes a trip to the Bahamas every year, in addition to other benefits.

Cons

In plain English, the company is not well run. They have grown too fast, without a plan for how to handle the growth. Employees are not valued nearly enough, despite benefits that the management thinks make up for that fact.

Advice to Management

Come up with a clear management plan and COMMUNICATE this to your employees.

"Great Company, Great Culture"

Former Employee - Former Employee
    Former Employee - Former Employee

I worked at Gregory FCA full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I came to Gregory FCA with over 10 year of experience in the communications industry.

When I first started, I knew very little about finance, but that didn't stop me from flourishing as a storyteller and securing coverage for my financial clients.

Gregory FCA not only teaches you financial terms with presentations and classes, but they send all of their employees to national finance conferences to learn more about the industry.

The company also allowed me to work with real estate and cybersecurity clients too, which shaped me to be a well-rounded employee.

Gregory also has a great team structure in place that allows you to work efficiently with 3-5 clients instead of getting burnt out with too many clients (like most other PR firms do).

Gregory FCA gave me the opportunity to work with prominent national clients and I was therefore able to work closely with some of the best media outlets in the world including CNBC, Fox Business, The Wall Street Journal, Forbes, Fortune, NY Times , LA times and more.

The owners, managers and vice presidents work very close with their employees too. They treat their employees like family and there is a great team culture.

Unlike most CEOs and owners who focus mostly on revenue, Gregory FCA's owners are passionate about creating the best office culture for their employees. They do this by organizing social gatherings which include happy hours and sporting events.
    They provide free breakfast every morning and stock the fridges with juice, water Gatorade and soda. There is a gym and the company offers a personal trainer once a week. The company also makes you feel like a contributing member of the community by organizing volunteer events such as helping veterans, the homeless and less fortunate.

The office hours are better than most comm positions I have had. They are typically 8:30 am-5:30 pm and no one is required to work after hours, so it gives you a chance to hang up your coat at the end of the day and spend time with family and friends and also have a social life. In the summer, employees get released at 3:30 pm on Fridays.

My short time at Gregory FCA was worthwhile as it helped me advance my career and become a PR Manager of a private company.

I recommend the firm to anyone who is passionate about media and is looking to advance their career in communications.

Cons

I worked at Gregory FCA for almost 2 years and I don't have any negatives to say about the company. The people at Gregory FCA are some of the nicest I have ever worked with. Advice: Keep doing what you're doing.