Gregory Poole Reviews | Glassdoor

Greg Poole III

"Sales"

Former Employee - Sales in Raleigh, NC
    Former Employee - Sales in Raleigh, NC

I worked at Gregory Poole full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good co-workers and mgt. The work schedule is great with Monday - Friday work weeks on most job titles. Start times vary depending on job titles as well.

Cons

Poor software system thats very cumbersome and slow. Some of the older Mgt team have been there too long and not very willing to help when situations arise. Some people need to retire and let others take the lead so the company could be more productive.

2. "PC Support Specialist"

Current Employee - PC Support Specialist in Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - PC Support Specialist in Raleigh, NC

Pros

Awesome place to work. We are all like family here

Cons

There are no cons that I can think of

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work

3. "Great company to work with"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Gregory Poole full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Very nice staff and people respect the work and the environment and Management really take care of their staff.

Cons

None at this point of time.

"Account Mgr"

Former Employee - Account Manager in Richmond, VA
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Richmond, VA

I worked at Gregory Poole full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Well Balanced, Financially Sound as well as challenging

Cons

Weak leadership and direction, lots of finger pointing and butt covering

Advice to Management

leadership needs to learn about accepting responsibility and engaging their workers more

"Racially Discriminatory and Ethically corrup"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Garner, NC
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Garner, NC

I worked at Gregory Poole full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Difficult to get fired from. Benefits are fair.

Cons

Good ole boy network. To advance you need to be either male and or Caucasian as nobody in middle or upper management belong to any other ethnic group. During the course of almost 2 decades I applied for close to 10 different jobs and was selected for none. All this while holding a 2 year and 4 year degree. While at the same time watching others move to different positions and be promoted for doing work of a similar caliber. After a decade and a half in the same positions I was informed by accident that a supervisor position had been created specifically for a person from outside the company and that I and my colleague would be responsible for training this person. Training this person to supervise us and help us do our jobs better. This information came the day before the person started so no one other than this person (namely me) would apply for the position. When an issue was made over it and the fact that the person had no formal education where I did I was told "College was not as important as I thought it was." And summoned into a meeting where an attempt was made to convince me that race had nothing to do with this decision. My former supervisor also fraternized with associates under her charge and showed them preferential treatment in scheduled work. one such episode almost led to a physical altercation between a tech and dispatcher. So if you are not Caucasian and male this company may provide you with a job but not much else.

Advice to Management

Make a conscientious effort at diversity. It makes good business sense. A segment of your workforce is being marginalized and being made unable to reach their full potential. If you plan to do business into the next half century its smart to make an effort to make your workforce most closely resemble the demographic trends.

"Passion lost"

Current Employee - Parts Counter Representative in Garner, NC
    Current Employee - Parts Counter Representative in Garner, NC

I have been working at Gregory Poole full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Colleges and direct supervisors are the closest thing to a support network there is here. The benefits and pay are decent.

Cons

Merit Raises are more like participation trophies. Benefit plans are one size fits none. It feels as though you are trapped most of the time. There is no potential for professional growth nor is there a professional development program. "Thank you" feels hollow and empty. This company at one time did a great job of taking care of
    It's people. Now it feels as though no one listens, no one cares, and everyone is in it for themselves. The family atmosphere is gone. I guess that is why you shouldn't work for family.

Advice to Management

Before investing in new computer systems, no logos, and dealership acquisitions invest in the people who are willing to invest in you. Work to live up to the core values and your mission statement. Give your employees a reason to care and stop talking to and treating them like children.

8. "Strong Stable Company."

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Manassas, VA
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Manassas, VA

Pros

The company is very stable and strong. It is a good place to work with a nice work atmosphere and friendly people. Management sees the big picture and allows you to work withing their parameters without undue pressure to perform.

Cons

Third generation family ownership has kept salaries a bit low and limited top end earnings. Upward mobility is somewhat limited as it is a relatively flat organizational structure.

Advice to Management

Do not change salesforce compensation plans every year making it difficult to repeat previous earnings. Motivate employees with incentives.

9. "Coordination"

Pros

Good place to work for money

Cons

Bad place if wanting to excel

"Company has no direction"

I have been working at Gregory Poole (Less than a year)

Pros

Fellow hourly workers. Two weeks paid vacation after a year.

Cons

Health plan is poor. Old management is stuck talking about the glory days of the company, while the new younger management people that are getting hired right out of collage have no clue what they are doing.

11. "Tech"

I have been working at Gregory Poole full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Steady reliable work, company still growing

Cons

None to list at this time