Gresham Smith and Partners Reviews | Glassdoor

3.4
Gresham Smith and Partners Chairman & CEO Alan Pramuk
Alan Pramuk

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • It has demonstrated to me that GS&P truly do honor the values of a work/life balance, which has just meant so much (in 6 reviews)

• I was allowed to work from home so that I could recover more quickly, and to prevent spreading the virus at work (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Unapproachable leadership and old school business practices (in 4 reviews)

• I wish GS&P had regional offices in every state (in 2 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Excellent and Compassionate Company to Work For"

Current Employee - Senior CopyWriter in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Senior CopyWriter in Nashville, TN

Pros

I have been with GS&P for four years now and only have positive things to say about the company. I work with an extremely talented group of colleagues on a daily basis that make it a pleasure to do my job. What leads me to this review is the level of compassion I have received across the board from management during a very difficult time in my life due to the illness of a parent. Those I have directly worked for (and above) have shown me nothing but compassion in giving me the flexibility to telecommute so I can be closer to my parents and at their side when my dad was having major surgeries. It has demonstrated to me that GS&P truly do honor the values of a work/life balance, which has just meant so much. I can’t imagine going through this chapter of my life without their support. They are the best!

Cons

I wish GS&P had regional offices in every state! But they're certainly getting there!

Advice to Management

Please continue to remain flexible and compassionate when it comes to personal situations such as an illness in the family or other personal matters. That human touch in a corporate world has not only meant a lot to me but also to my family.

2. "Human Resources"

I have been working at Gresham Smith and Partners full-time

Pros

Great work/life balance
    Positive work environment
    Acknowledgment of good work
    Growing company

Cons

No parking onsite, but there is a shuttle available

3. "Great people are the reason for this amazing firm!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Gresham Smith and Partners full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I left an amazing job in 2016 for a position with GS&P and I am so glad I did!!! The people I work with are among the most talented professionals in the industry...the level of integrity, professionalism and concern for their clients as well as their coworkers is truly impressive! I have found those who are in management to be very approachable, dedicated, and concerned with providing opportunities for continuing education and training for all employees in the firm. I have observed my supervisor and director to be "servant leaders" and are great examples of how a person should manage self and then lead others. Their dedication to the highest level of customer service for internal clients as well as external is extraordinary! I am so proud and thankful to be a part of this wonderful company!

Cons

I truly do not have any negative things to say about the firm; the shuttle bus drivers are another story!

Advice to Management

So glad to be here and keep up the great work you are doing in leading this firm!

4. "Great People, Culture and Opportunities for Growth."

Current Employee - Human Resources Communications Manager in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Human Resources Communications Manager in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Gresham Smith and Partners full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I was hired for a 2-week contract assignment at Gresham, Smith and Partners and never dreamed it would turn into a 20-year career with the firm! During my tenure, I have been given the opportunity to work in 3 different roles including staffing, training and communications. I am thankful GS&P has supported and challenged me in my career growth, and I am a stronger contributor and professional due to this positive environment. In addition, GS&P allowed me to set a flexible schedule and telecommute 2 days a week for the last 6 years, which has helped me maintain a work/life balance with my young children. But, what has made me return day after day over the years is the PEOPLE. It’s the friends I work with that make GS&P great. It’s hard to leave a company when you love working for your manager and there’s awesome chemistry with your team. I know this combination is hard to find in the workplace and I don’t take it for granted. Bottom line: if you’re looking for a great place to work where you can diversify your resume, meet great people and have a little fun in the process, I highly recommend you consider building your career at Gresham, Smith and Partners.

Cons

Working in a larger corporate office can be a blessing and a curse. On one hand, you have tons of resources at your disposal—technical help, mentors, endless supplies, etc. But on the other hand, the bureaucracy of a corporate setting can easily slow down the work you need to get done.

Advice to Management

My hope is our new leadership will continue to work toward a more transparent workplace, be open to new ideas and empower our employees to make decisions or changes that improve our processes without having to jump through multiple hoops and approvals to get it done.

5. "Nice good job fun rewarding"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Gresham Smith and Partners full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Nice good job fun rewarding

Cons

nothing that i can think of

"Was a great company, but not anymore"

Former Employee - Senior Associate in Nashville, TN
    Former Employee - Senior Associate in Nashville, TN

I worked at Gresham Smith and Partners full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The company started off great and I definitely had the rose colored glasses on and was trying to work my way up the ladder. I got to work on really great projects over the years and work with some really smart people.

Cons

The partnership is not a true partnership so you don't have a say in how the business is being run or where your money is being spent. So what is the advantage of becoming partner....nothing. A lot of changes occurred over the past few years and not the best of decisions made by the leadership of the company. They were more about numbers and less about the people....and the people are what sell the work and do the work, so you should listen to them.

Advice to Management

Stop making unilateral decisions that only benefit one department and not the company as a whole. The corporate mentality is not working and you're losing all your "good" people. Let each division have a say in how it should be run, setup, etc. Start listening to your people, all levels of people because they are the ones that make you profitable.

"Great atmosphere"

Current Employee - Electrical Engineer in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Electrical Engineer in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Gresham Smith and Partners full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Very friendly co-workers and family oriented atmosphere

Cons

Project schedules are rushed. Quality isn't always over quantity.

Advice to Management

N/A

8. "Senior Transportation Engineer"

Pros

Excellent company who invests in their employees.

Cons

I have not determined any yet.

9. "Engineering Technician"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

I worked at Gresham Smith and Partners full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great for many years. But I was let go after over 29 years in which I hardly took any sick time and was involved with many work-related activities. My spouse is trying to work while on disability. So it's going to be rough going. I had really planned to retire from here.

Cons

Hard to advance or move into other positions that you might be qualified for. Half-hearted efforts to reassign an employee to another position versus getting rid of them.

Advice to Management

Have some respect for longevity, hard work, and loyalty. It's more than just a job-it's our livelihood.

"I'd not recommend this company"

Current Employee - Design Engineer in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Design Engineer in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Gresham Smith and Partners full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The company has good reputation in the industry. There are some sharp professionals to work with.

Cons

Working environment could be very detrimental caused by historical tensions between divisions and internal politics. Individuals wellbeing often is run over by those negatives. The latest industry-wide new concepts and technologies are not being adopted by certain teams due to the lack of communications with the peers in the industry and close mindedness of the leaders of the group. Too much overhead causes project budget high to lose competitiveness. Turn over when things are bad can be very cruel.