KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Found 619 of over 786 reviews

3.6
Grey Group Global Chief Executive Officer   Michael Houston
Michael Houston
Pros
  • "Comfortable environment, great people to work with(in 31 reviews)

• "Cool work environment, helpful colleagues, opportunity to do great work(in 26 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Intern program needed to be a bit more organized, long hours(in 46 reviews)

• "No work- life-balance at some position(in 34 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Former Employee

Good place

Apr 28, 2021 - Planning
      Business Outlook

Pros

good work and some big opportunities

Cons

big agency, easy to get lost in the mix

2. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Toxic and Unwilling to Change

Jun 2, 2021 - Creative
      Business Outlook

Pros

A good amount of people that I worked with were talented and kind

Cons

I was promised work/life balance when I joined on. This was the most imbalanced workplace I've ever experienced in my ten years in advertising. Whenever I would turn to my managers for help or support in regards to the unrelenting workload, I was told "This is just what you sign up for when you work in advertising." On top of that, my ECD was a totally disrespectful, and incompetent. He literally vaped during meetings, and would say inappropriate/insensitive things constantly. He was almost always late to a meeting or not pay attention during meetings and then ask us to begin explaining or presenting again. We asked for more support countless times. And we were promised that we would get it in the form of new hires to join our team. That never happened. There are certain team members that succumbed to a sort of toxic positivity too. There's a really bad "It is what it is" mentality, even when everyone's health, both mental and physical, is taking a toll from the insane amount of work that was expected of us. I can honestly say that this was the worst work experiences of my life and I'm so relieved to be done with this place.

2 people found this review helpful
    3. 5.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Wonderful

Jun 22, 2021 - Junior Art Director
      Business Outlook

Pros

Centered on teamwork and supporting our growth

Cons

slow to climb the ladder

4. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great place to work, but not great at compensating employees

May 28, 2021 - Senior CopyWriter in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Fun culture - Amazing people (everyone is nice) - Good work/life balance

Cons

- They refuse to give raises until they are literally about to lose the employee. If you do get a raise, it will not be significant or in line with the responsibilities you take on or the value you bring. When you ask for a raise, they string you along for a long time like they're "fighting" to get you the money but it rarely happens.

5. 4.0
      Current Employee

Producer

May 18, 2021 - Producer
      Business Outlook

Pros

Lots of great people really cool work

Cons

work/life balance can be stressful at time

6. 4.0
      Current Employee

Overall a Great Agency

Apr 23, 2021 - Account Executive in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

Excellent health and wellness leadership, and equally talented creative While Team dependent, I had opportunity for professional development and mentorship - made great relationships

Cons

Regular agency issues, like minimal work life balance Project Management Department seems a bit unorganized, and noticed quick employee burnout

7. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Excellent Company

Mar 22, 2021 - Assistant Account Executive in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

The onboarding process was very smooth and the company is excellent in providing training. Everyone is kind and respectful. The company has amazing values and an excellent atmosphere. They have great benefits and support career growth. Company truly cares about the employees well-being and provides a warm culture.

Cons

I been working here for almost a month and have no cons.

8. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Burnt Out, Exhausted and Grasping for air

Apr 5, 2021 - Account Supervisor in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

-the office location -working remote the past year -some of the people were really great

Cons

-Zero work life balance, and you don't get to order food if you work past a certain point, during the summer I was pulling 16-18 hour days and I wasn't allowed to expense take out -Your success really depends on the account you're on plus your team and manager which you can't control, if you don't have someone looking out for you that is a title like SVP or EVP you are just a pawn depending on where finances can support your role since things are constantly changing -I had to move teams 4 times during my 3 years of working there AND each time I had to start over since it was a new team, new client, new product etc. Basically it was as if I was starting a new job so no matter what I did on my previous account it didn't matter as there is no plan with management to help transition to ensure growth/proper merit and monetary compensation based on previous experience AT THE AGENCY is NOT considered. JUST BE VERY CAUTIOUS, this doesn't happen to everyone BUT you have no way to control this and it's very frustrating to have to stay the same title/role because you have to keep starting over at no fault to you -EVERY single decision is made by how the company can save a dollar, I think this has to do with WPP overall, I know someone senior who met the founder once and the first question the founder asked was "What's the rent/overhead cost on this space." NOT stuff like what do you envision for our corporation/what's working etc. LOL this should just give you an idea at the core how this company operates AND IT IMPACTS EVERYTHING -On the note above they outsource IT to another country and literally it can take weeks to get your computer fixed if you have an issue, you'll also have to spend numerous hours maybe even days trying to get help yet you're still expected to be able to do all your work. When you try to raise your hand your SVP/EVP deals with the same thing and has no answer, when you try to bring it up in your group department meetings the head of the department says to go to your SVP/EVP to escalate and the rig-a-marol continues -HONESTLY I could go on.... and my main thing is I think there really isn't an impactful mission driving the work you do which may be a more personal thing but keep that in mind if it's important to you

1 person found this review helpful
    9. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great Company

Mar 31, 2021 - Assistant Account Executive in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

Wonderful people to work with and you can learn a lot!

Cons

Long hours from both Grey and client

10. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Fantastic coworkers, mediocre HR

Feb 16, 2021 - Senior CopyWriter in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

I love almost everyone I work with here, and it's exciting that there are so many open briefs and cool things always happening.

Cons

There's very little transparency or consistency in the raise or promotion cycles, except that they never happen together.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 619 Reviews