GreyB Reviews | Glassdoor

GreyB Reviews

Updated Jan 14, 2020

3.6
GreyB  Director & Head of Delivery Deepak Syal (no image)
Deepak Syal

"Sky is the limit"

Current Employee - Regional Sales Manager in Gurgaon, Haryana

I have been working at GreyB full-time for less than a year

Pros

Chakshu is the best mentor anyone can ever get- I mean it. Deepak has an amazing clarity of thought. Very high quality human capital, despite not having Harvard Grads. Despite being a small company, GreyB has been able to achieve what most organisations fail to do. When most founders speak the language of funding, ESOP, Exit plan, revenue growth, I’ve heard the founders speak of value creation, personal amelioration, long term relationships- things which I thought existed in books but not in the real World. I would not be ashamed in saying that it amazes me how the importance of getting the basics right can never be too accentuated.

Cons

Small office in Gurgaon. Operates like a small organisation in certain aspects . Matters, but the opportunities outweigh the cons May not be a place for people with mediocre ambitions, who would want certainty in life. Zero acceptance for “high Mach personalities”

Advice to Management

Keep Going! You’ll take time getting there, but once you do, the legacy will be a lasting one.

GreyB2018-08-25

"Work Ex"

in Nagar, Punjab

I worked at GreyB

Pros

Good perks, office time and benefits

Cons

Work life balance is next to nil

Advice to Management

Improve work hours

GreyB2018-09-02

"Place for hard work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in SAS Nagar

I have been working at GreyB full-time for more than a year

Pros

- the 4 PM break time where we literally dance on music to recharge ourselves - improvement on my email skills. I can write 10x better emails now - I like the HR department. I can always reach out to Pooja and ask any question. - the demand for quality work. I remember my first project where I thought there are no more results but then my manager pointed to the slogan - if it exists, we will find it. I got to know how to think when you feel you should give up and then again search and find the tier 1 results. It was like knowing your limits of performance.

Cons

- no cab service - long working hours - less restaurants near office for lunch

Advice to Management

Please do more all hands sessions. They are very exciting

GreyB2018-08-11

"Amazing work environment to grow in IP World !!"

Current Employee - Sales Support Senior Analyst in Mohali, Punjab

I have been working at GreyB full-time for more than a year

Pros

1. The work culture at GreyB is one of a kind. They deliberately select candidates who would delve in and have the same mindset which according to me is absolutely brilliant. This is the culture that fosters the growth of team and will never shun a thought, be a good one or a bad one. 2. This organisation is going to bring a lot of changes inside you as a person. You will be pushed all the times to share your thoughts, opening the creative side of yours (I was not a creative person before). 3. This is a chance to surround yourself with brilliant minds who will inspire you daily. 4. GreyB is going to be an extended family of yours. 5. Work is going to be fun but you take responsibility or ownership of whatever you are doing or have picked up. 6. Supportive HR, super amazing directors who will never leave a chance to make you feel like they are standing behind you like a wall in whatever role you take. 7. Pay is considerably decent. 8. I love the annual trip that we take every year apart from other regular fun activities. 9. Best part is regular on-site working opportunities for the employees as Directors believe this widens the horizon of team.

Cons

1. It is going to be a little difficult initially if you are an introvert person. But, don't worry. GreyB will open you up. 2. IP is not something that is very much known in India, so it is a challenge to learn the nitty gritties of patents initially. 3. Work load may increase at times if you don't manage your time properly. But again, they have a lot of internal training sessions focussed on such things.

Advice to Management

No advice as such but they may organise more training sessions for the employees so as to take their learnings to next level.

GreyB2018-07-30

"Learning Experience"

Former Employee - Senior Research Analyst in SAS Nagar

I worked at GreyB full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great Learning Experience Competitive Packages Good Management

Cons

Long Working Hours Half Day on Alternate Saturdays

GreyB2018-06-09

"Team Lead"

I worked at GreyB full-time

Pros

Good growth opportunities and chance to learn a lot

Cons

Long Hours, Useless HR and Admin departments, lacks basic facilities

GreyB2018-05-21

"Great place to work, learn, contribute and repeat!!"

Former Employee - Sales Team Leader in Gurgaon, Haryana

I worked at GreyB full-time for more than a year

Pros

I really loved the work environment - GreyB is great team of like minded smart and intelligent people. People listen to what you have to say, help you solve your/business problems and it turn this improves team coordination and hence your work output. I have been a big fan of Company's leadership, especially founders (Chakshu and Deepak) are great leaders - they listen to you and encourage you to push harder and learn more. In fact if you have an idea and you want to experiment it - they are there to support! In terms of work, you are exposed to different business scenarios - this imparts a great understanding of business. I have worked closely with the founders in strengthening Client engagements here- I got a great exposure and learning on improving client communications (in-person / online, both) and how to do strategic selling to C-Suites - a rare opportunity to have hands on! So if you are looking forward to work here, come with an open mind and rational outlook - its a place where your ideas are heard and best practices are encouraged.

Cons

You need a hustler mindset and strong work ethics to survive - at times stakes are high and work pressure mounts on, so you need to adapt to situations like this otherwise it will be difficult to produce quality work output. You need to ensure you get the assigned tasks done as everyone is occupied with their work.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work, keep encouraging and helping employees to realise their true potential - I have enjoyed working with you!

GreyB2018-03-05

"A good place to start"

Research Analyst in SAS Nagar

I worked at GreyB for more than a year

Pros

A company growing at very high speed. Individual get a lot of things to learn. You are not stick to just one type of work. On requirement a particular team member is shared with other team members, which develops more skills and confidence in working in industry.

Cons

Sometimes work life balance is difficult to manage.

GreyB2017-10-25
  9. "Definitely a good choice to start up"

Current Employee - Research Analyst in Mohali, Punjab

I have been working at GreyB full-time for less than a year

Pros

Growth is obvious along with the company.

Cons

Work load may sometimes get high.

Advice to Management

Add more number of employees.

GreyB2017-08-14

"Good Place To Work"

Former Employee - Research Analyst in Nagar, Punjab

I worked at GreyB full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good learning, great exposure and dedicated mentors. It is a good place to start your career. After one year I could see the difference in my growth and learning.

Cons

Late sitting on occasional basis. Less number of fun events.

Advice to Management

HR should arrange for fun activities to keep the environment light and joyous.

GreyB2017-07-18