GreyB Senior Research Analyst Reviews | Glassdoor

GreyB Senior Research Analyst Reviews

Updated Aug 25, 2019

3.8
GreyB  Director & Head of Delivery Deepak Syal (no image)
Deepak Syal

"A Workplace of Freedom: One that would get you out of your cocoon..."

I have been working at GreyB full-time for more than a year

Pros

Before I tell you the pros, let me brief you about my tenure at this place: I have been working here for more than 2 years now. I will try not to sugarcoat anything and say it outright: It's not ALWAYS easy. And of course, I have thought about leaving this company more than a couple of times. But then, each time, I have found more than a few reasons to stay, too. And let me clear, money is not one of the reasons (albeit they pay you more than enough). As I said, it's not always easy, but it's definitely worth it. (Sorry for the cliché.) So, here are the reasons for me deciding to continue working here, even though my bond is complete, and I'm hundreds of miles away from home: 1. Freedom of thought, speech, action and interaction: This is a place where you'll get the freedom/independence/chance to exercise what you believe in or are passionate about or bring a positive change in the MO, no matter your designation. For example, when I joined the company two years back, I was able to identify that writing skills of my co-workers could be improved in order to further improve the deliverables that we send out the client. And guess what, I was given the opportunity to take sessions on English here! I mean, come on, in which company have you seen people being open to accepting that a junior would help them improve, and that too through sessions on communication. More than that, I felt the freedom to speak my thoughts and get them implemented. Furthermore, to encourage the culture of freedom, the workplace has been designed such that you can, any minute, go a few steps and approach the Group Manager or the AVP, without thinking twice. Yes, they do not sit in isolated, distant cabins here -- ones that would make you feel hesitant. Plus, to promote freedom of expression, we have an internal forum here, where any employee can create a thread for ANY topic that they want to discuss or spread awareness about. 2. Get paid for the quality of work that you deliver. Work good. Earn good. That's the policy. This is to say that if you possess/learn the virtues of a Manager within 4 years of job, you'll get promoted to being a manager even if there are seniors with 5/6 years of experience but lacking the required virtues. That's fair enough, right?! (Also, this creates a thought process of keeping growing all the time.) 3. One-to-one mentorship: Yes, I count this as a pro because you get your personalized training from a mentor who is dedicatedly assigned to you. And they are all in to groom you into a professional with the right values and virtues to have expedited learning and growth curves. Plus, the mentors and managers make every effort to make this place a healthy work environment for you (unless you are the office politics-lover sort). 4. Help you get out of your cocoon. I really cannot believe how much I've grown in just 2 years. Now of course, I led a couple to teams back in college, but what I actually needed to be a good professional needed me to get out of my comfort zone. And, even though that doesn't sound very comfortable, I was more than happy when I saw the end result. Today, I am more sorted, clear-headed, confident about what I am, know about where I need to improve, and what would keep me going. 5. Learning new things everyday. This place is for people who want to keep learning and growing their knowledge base all the time. So, I've worked on countless number of technologies till now, and know the newest happening in most domains. So, if you're the learning sort, this place is awesome.

Cons

No place is perfect, neither are we. So, I'll be as honest for the cons as I was for mentioning the pros. Longer-than-usual office hours. In the beginning, it was quite difficult to convince my parents that this is where I want to continue working. They were worried because the usual time when everybody ends their shift is between 7 and 8 PM. Plus, on some rare days, you sit till 10 or 11. And on even the rarest days, you sit beyond that, too. And well, both of my parents are government employees. So, for them, a 10-hour job is a lot for their little child, of course. Plus, the hours when we get off from the office on rare days would not be called the safest by many. (As a solution, though, you can have your own vehicle if possible. And if not, the company does provide free cab service at whichever hour demanded.) It gets worse in case of short-deadline projects, when we need to work for longer hours throughout the week or so; or if not that, we sometimes need to come of the weekend. It is physically and mentally exhausting. (But if slots are free, you can definitely take a day off after a busy project. I've been fortunate enough, I guess.) The thing is that people here prefer work-life harmony to work-life balance. This is to say that you should be able to get your personal work done, even on a weekday if that's the case, by taking a 2-hour break from work and compensating by sitting an extra 2 hours. So, that's that.

Advice to Management

My advice to the management would be: 1. To better the environment in such a way to hire and grow MORE people quickly. This way, the workload would be divided and the people might feel more relaxed while working. 2. Consider the "people" working here as people rather than just resources before saying 'Yes' to short-deadline/demanding projects. Following these might actually improve the retention rate.

GreyB2019-08-25

"Learning Experience"

Former Employee - Senior Research Analyst in SAS Nagar

I worked at GreyB full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great Learning Experience Competitive Packages Good Management

Cons

Long Working Hours Half Day on Alternate Saturdays

GreyB2018-06-09

"Team leads and managers are not qualified to take responsibility"

Current Employee - Senior Research Analyst in SAS Nagar

I have been working at GreyB full-time for more than a year

Pros

Salary is good Growth is very fast in this organization Experience is good to switch to other companies

Cons

Work pressure is very high and the team leads/managers are not qualified to deal with these situations. They have reached this position because everyone leaves company no one is present for these positions. This makes project execution difficult. Sometimes all the work is done by a single person but credit is not given. Working hours are very long 2 years bond, keep this in mind before joining. Not even mobile phone is allowed inside office. Worst work life balance

Advice to Management

Management has to realize that company is not growing because talented people leave when bond is over.

GreyB2017-02-24

"Better Place for Growth"

I have been working at GreyB full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good Place for learning. Full freedom to explore your views and ideas. In Greyb one can find their own goal. I have been working more than 2 years and I have achieved my own individuality which I am sure could not possible in any other place in the same domain. No matter what Position you are having, if you have ability it’s a right place to grow.

Cons

There are less parties, less holidays.

Advice to Management

There should be more training sessions and do more interaction with team members.

GreyB2014-12-28

"Great Learning"

I have been working at GreyB full-time for more than a year

Pros

I have been working in this company for more than a year and recently got appraised to the post of Senior Research Analyst. I joined directly from campus placement and to be frank was not much aware of what this domain is about. After joining, I really liked the work as it was all about new technology. I like the team in which I am working as everyone here is about my age and is working to grow fast. I think the people with whom you are working matters a lot how you will grow and I like this part. You can call your seniors by their name, you can talk to them as if they are your friends. I like my Team Lead as I think he personally takes interest in growing his team members. I had multiple discussions with him in last year where he clearly told me about my weakness and strengths. In one of the discussion he clearly told me that if I will not be able to overcome my weakness, it will be difficult for me to grow. I was not very happy at that time but I made sure to take that weakness out. Now when I look at the new Research Analysts, I think it was good that someone told me about it as I see the same problem in them.

Cons

1) There should be a yearly meet 2) There should be more communication between different departments 3) There should be more activites as we had on Dushera and Diwali 4) There should be external training options

Advice to Management

I have not much interacted with them apart being the part of the open discussions but I think its OK. Till I am having freedom to do the work how I want, I am good with it. Please do yearly meet.

GreyB2014-11-25

"“Extremely talented team”"

Current Employee - Senior Research Analyst in Chandigarh

I have been working at GreyB full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Patent Engineers are amazing, everyone is incredibly nice, and most co-workers are pretty talented. The competition makes you better everyday with every project. I must sya that there is excellent opportunity to learn and work with talented and smart individuals. I enjoyed the environment which stressed team work and everyone working in to meet a goal - best results for patent research.

Cons

It lacks a middle tier for individuals who want to grow in their career.

Advice to Management

Have a stromg HR department.

GreyB2014-01-31