Greystar Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.6

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • "Work/life balance is kind of hard to deal with" (in 41 reviews)

• "Takes a long time for upper management to get things approved/handled" (in 49 reviews)

"Not just the biggest, but the best"

Current Employee - Community Manager
    Current Employee - Community Manager

I have been working at Greystar full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

With 17 years in the industry and having worked with some of the strongest competitors, I have to say that Greystar is the best. My previous company was acquired by Greystar in 2014 and although an acquisition of that size could have been a nightmare, I have never seen more thought and collaboration. The transition seemed seamless. The result, from my perspective, was a bigger, better company with even more benefits and resources than we had before. Senior leadership is truly inspirational and stresses a healthy work/life balance. I know that I work with some of the top talent in the industry and it feels amazing to know I will only ever be asked to do what is right for us, our vendors, our residents and our clients.

Inviting new people to this company couldn't be easier for me because I can say with complete honesty that a person's potential is only limited by the effort they put forth. New positions are always being created that didn't exist before and there are always opportunities to grow in many different directions. This company also offers amazing benefits and invests time and money back into its associates.

Cons

There is an abundance of training offered with this company to help associates grow personally and professionally. I wish I had time to take it all!

2. "Leasing Consultant"

I worked at Greystar full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good Management, Great Pay, Great opportunity.

Cons

Take care about their employees.

3. "Good company with great benefits"

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Houston, TX

I have been working at Greystar full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Always an opportunity to grow if you're willing to put in the work
    - Like a family

Cons

- Not a super great work/ family life balance if you want to move up
    - Pay is okay compared to other property management companies

4. "Good Company"

I have been working at Greystar full-time

Pros

Stable company to work for

Cons

None that I can think of

5. "Greystar is a fabulous place to work!"

Current Employee - Community Manager in Scottsdale, AZ
    Current Employee - Community Manager in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at Greystar full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I have worked for Greystar since 2004, and I have loved it as a company I love the culture they have developed, and all the vast improvements to the property management world. I'm excited about coming to work each day, the team or the family as I like to call it, all strive to help make Greystar a great place to work and for residents to call home. I'm excited to see what the future brings for Greystar and all of the properties as well as all the amazing teams out there working for such a great company. I have such an amazing support staff not only with our amazing Regional Robin! But even my fellow managers we all have someone to go to if we need advice! If you are looking for a great company to work for, please check out Greystar, you won't be sorry!

Cons

I really don't have any cons, I have an amazing support staff with my regional, and my fellow managers!

Advice to Management

The only thing I could say is maybe preplan, we know in the summers we get hit hard, so maybe hiring some extras prior to Summer so if a property falls short of staff they have a team they can reach out to.

"Leasing Professional"

Pros

Room to grow
    Beautiful Properties
    Great benefits

Cons

Greystar has much lower pay than other property groups. I found out that Wood residential started employees off at $17.25 ( $3.25 more then I was making hourly after working for Greystar for 2 and a half years) and when an employee makes a lease, they get a full 1% of the profits that will come from the lease term while employees at my property made $75 per lease. So if I rented a $1600 apartment on a 12 month lease, I would make a sales bonus of $75. If an employee of Wood rented out an apartment for the same price and lease term, they would get $192. There was no big differences in properties. The building Wood owned/ managed was one of our direct competitors in the market. We should have been making a similar amount of money.

Advice to Management

Compensate your employees fairly.

7. "Overall positive experience working in leasing at Greystar."

Former Employee - Leasing Professional in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Leasing Professional in Austin, TX

I worked at Greystar full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Greystar is revered in the property management industry. Great training.

Cons

Starting pay isn't great, unless you're at a lease up.

Advice to Management

Remember to take care of the employees who are onsite.

"Property Accountant"

I worked at Greystar full-time

Pros

Lax dress code. Some work from home opportunities.

Cons

Work load. Only Property Accountants held responsible for their duties while others consistently throw you under the bus for their failures. Upper Management does not know how to manage people, only care about getting work done and do not support career growth. Training is the responsibility of your manager. If your manager sucks at training, you will have to teach yourself the job the hard way. GOOD LUCK WITH THAT! Promotions are given primarily based on how Upper management likes you instead of your ability to be a manager. If you apply through a recruiter or job board you may not get hired even if you are qualified because they don't want to have to pay the recruiting fees.

Advice to Management

Advice to Executive Management: Look at all the turnover there has been. Accountants don't like jumping from one job to the next. When the average tenure is 2 years, that's bad. You are the problem, you are also he solution, if you want to be. Change your approach. It's not working. If it was, people wouldn't leave...

"Housekeeper"

Pros

Very passionate about cleaning. I love my line of work. Keeps me motivated and on my feet. Off on weekends!

Cons

No overtime, no raises, no bonuses or commission.

Advice to Management

Learn to be more compassionate towards your employees.

10. "Awesome company to work for"

Former Employee - Assistant Community Manager
    Former Employee - Assistant Community Manager

I worked at Greystar full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great pay and good benefits

Cons

Had a poor regional manager