Greystar Reviews

Updated May 5, 2021

3.8
Pros
  • "Great benefits, Place for growth(in 141 reviews)

• "Opportunity for growth all over(in 75 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Upper management was not great and there was no work life balance(in 90 reviews)

• "Work-Life Balance can be difficult(in 85 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Greystar and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
    1. 5.0
      Featured Review

Best employer I have worked for.

Feb 2, 2021 - Talent Acquisition Advisor in Denver, CO
      Business Outlook

Pros

Advancement, pay, benefits, culture, management, empowerment, professionalism.

Cons

You will stay busy but that's not a bad thing.

2. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Big company, lots of opportunities!

May 5, 2021 - Community Manager in Irving, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Large company gives many options for growth and internal transfers/promotions

Cons

Honestly, I love the training opportunities and the pay/benefits are awesome! No cons at this time, in my personal experience

3. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Your voice matters at Greystar

Apr 21, 2021 - Assistant Community Manager in Colorado Springs, CO
      Business Outlook

Pros

Greystar exceeds and stands behind what they stand for. Customer Satisfaction is #1 priority and that includes their employees. Employees are not just employees at Greystar. They are actually heard and cared for by their supervisors. I was hired on after being a temporary worker and it was the best decision I ever made. I wanted to find the best Property Management company that really cares for their employees and their residents and with Greystar, I found that and more. Every Manager that I have had or come in contact with is knowledgeable, kind, and motivating.

Cons

There is not much to share as far as cons are concerned. Every property, employee, etc has its ups and downs. It is how those are handled that make a difference. There are so many resources that Greystar has to help with any situation that arises. Every Greystar property can lean on each other to help with those struggles.

4. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Good company with right location

Apr 16, 2021 - Service Technician in Salt Lake City, UT
      Business Outlook

Pros

Newer locations are better to work at, less things wrong with apartments, and generally the same products in each unit. Great community. People that actually care about the culture and sustaining the “we,” which makes working with a team very pleasurable. Greystar has a good habit at hiring good fits for the job.

Cons

Older locations are more difficult as the brands and products become quite varying in units. Management and corporate standards expressed by management can get overbearing at moments, but that is usually due to the fact that they really care about doing a great job.

5. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Wouldn't consider working anywhere else!

Apr 21, 2021 - Assistant Manager in Colorado Springs, CO
      Business Outlook

Pros

Greystar has an amazing culture that takes care of its employees and all of its Residents. They provide every employee with the resources and tools they need to succeed and excel in their careers and encourage them to use them. They pay well, have amazing benefits, are growing rapidly, and appreciate their employees. It is definitely a forever company and I would not consider working for any other management company.

Cons

The only con I can think of is Greystar hasn't taken over the world with properties, they are close to it but not there yet. I love that I can transfer with Greystar to different cities and states and would selfishly like to see them everywhere and have more options than I know what to do with!

6. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 5 years

Nice people but overworked and underpaid

Apr 28, 2021 - Senior Property Accountant in Tampa, FL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Benefits -401k vesting and match, health insurance, etc Flexibility - can work from home, although that is mke the new norm so it doesn’t matter anymore. Managers told busy to invest in their employees, making it even harder to learn something new Or advance

Cons

Overworked and unappreciated No monetary compensation advantage for anyone under manager/director level. Made more out of college 10 years ago than I do now after being employed for years Even though they offer personal days, pto, etc. you can’t use the days unless you want to work 16 hour days instead of 12 to make up the time before and after your day off. there’s no one to cover for you when everyone works 60 hrs+ per week Unfair allocations - some teams work 30 hrs/week, some 70+ and when salaried it turns into pennies for the hours worked Stunts growth as a professional since they want everything automated and make it difficult to advance up unless someone leaves

7. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 8 years

A corporation concerned with their image and money over values, employees, and residents.

Apr 30, 2021 - Maintenance Supervisor
      Business Outlook

Pros

A large amount of locations to transfer to if the opportunity to do so is approved.

Cons

Never enough help or support provided when needed or required. Unbalanced and unrealistic operating procedures. Managers accepting gifts and compensation from vendors for business ( pay to play ) among other unethical practices. COVID safety procedures are not followed by managers and never checked symptoms of the people coming from the office . Residents, and workers health put in danger when managers refused to pay to use certified mold and mildew remediation company’s instead used a general contractor because they were the lowest bid. You are made to feel like a bad employee if the managers don’t receive a bonus because of any reason.Overall dishonest, uncaring, and the worst company I’ve ever worked for in my 12 years in the maintenance field.

8. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Good entry level job.

May 5, 2021 - Leasing Consultant in Corona, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Commission is good, if you have available units.

Cons

Work life balance. Your weekends will be consumed.

9. 5.0

Great, Fast Moving Company

May 4, 2021 - Senior Investment Accountant
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Flexibility - Professionalism - Culture - Friendliness - Beautiful office in great location

Cons

- Tight deadlines at times - Communication b/w departments could be better

10. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Company Pillars

May 3, 2021 - Executive Assistant in Dallas, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

I love how our company is at the forefront of recognizing and celebrating diversity within our teams!

Cons

I have nothing negative. I am thankful to work here.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 1,837 Reviews