KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

3.8
Greystar Founder & CEO    Bob Faith
Bob Faith
1,424 Ratings

What people are saying about Greystar

Join the conversation on
Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Great benefits and hard(in 338 reviews)
  • "You're just another stat for them but the pay is good and rent discounts are nice(in 161 reviews)
  • "Great people and company to work for(in 93 reviews)
  • "They are very inclusive and have great training.(in 62 reviews)
  • "Great opportunity for growth in the company and education continuation.(in 45 reviews)
Cons
  • "Overworked and no work life balance(in 84 reviews)
  • "Bad upper management.(in 80 reviews)
  • "Management can be poor.(in 78 reviews)
  • "Oh and if you have a problem with your manager, NOBODY in the corporate office will even call you back despite their policy because they're friends with all the managers and regional managers so they're interested in protecting their friends not in the manner the company is actually being run.(in 65 reviews)
  • "Hours are long and stressful(in 27 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Greystar and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year
    Featured Review

Property manager

Jun 5, 2022 - Property Manager in Chicago, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Competitive pay, great benefits, promote from within.

Cons

I don’t have much cons to say about this company. The only reason I left was because my husband and I relocated.

1 person found this review helpful
  2. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great place to work

Jun 15, 2022 - Leasing Professional in Washington, DC
    Business Outlook

Pros

the benefits, the team I work with is amazing

Cons

getting off at 6pm and working saturdays

Be the first to find this review helpful
  3. 4.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Love Company but BEWARE experience depends on management you are assigned

Jun 13, 2022 - Leasing Professional in San Jose, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great benefits! Absolutely love my access to full benefits; medical, dental, vision, and even mental health care is covered. The upfront vacation time hours given is enticing too. My immediate team (the team I directly work with on-site is wonderful too)

Cons

I'm sure this is true everywhere but your experience with Greystar can differ severly depending upon: 1 - who your PRM (property regional manager) is, 2 - what property you are assigned to, and 3 - who owns that building. I absolutely love my immediate team but DESPISE my RPM and the ownership group that hired Greystar to manage their property. They are absolutely greedy, selfish, and not supportive which is why I will be leaving them immediately to work with a company that makes you feel supported when you have a question, concern, or issue. My training wasn't even allocated to me or my team properly and yet we were held responsible for things we didn't know and not supported on even after asking for help and being unanswered to our pleas for support. Absolutely shameful.

1 person found this review helpful
  4. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Way more work than it should with no team to support

Jun 16, 2022 - Director of Employee Relations in Seattle, WA
    Business Outlook

Pros

The operational teams were amazing! Core Values and Pillars are AWESOME! CEO is an incredible human being. The property management leadership team in Washington and Oregon were absolutely amazing. There is genuine care, compassion and competency there. Really HATED leaving them! Absolutely loved that group. For the Employee Relations team specifically they are an incredible group of professionals. Everyone was more than willing to pitch in to help and share their expertise and experience. Definitely given the opportunity to learn new things and to sharpen skills on others.

Cons

The volume of work with the limited resources was unrealistic. The ratios were incredibly disproportionate (example more than 1000 to 2000 employees to 1 director. The work was more of an HRBP to generalist. Not all the directors had support team members. The complexity of the work and the volume of engagement demands were not equally considered. The amount of stress was unbearable and when added to a personal life that was crumbly apart, there just wasn't the support needed to be successful.

2 people found this review helpful
  5. 2.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Bonus structure cut 3x in the last year, higher expectation lower pay.

Jun 13, 2022 - Assistant Community Manager in Denver, CO
    Business Outlook

Pros

-Free health insurance - Paid time off

Cons

In the past year I have been employed with Greystar they have cut our commissions 3 separate times to less than half when I initially started. My understanding is that Greystar as a company is now implementing a tier concept 1-5 leases $150 6-10 Leases $175. etc. Our delinquency bonus is now based on how many resident pay with electronic payment. Here's the catch, our lease still requires us to accept cashiers check, and all move in's have to pay with cashiers check, and we still need to be at 95% considering those 2 things. My delinquency bonus was $500 a month and now I am only eligible for $400 if 95% pays electronically but we are STILL required to take cashiers check, and all move in's have to be certified funds. In the last 2 months I have lost $300 equaling $1800a year. We are a high end luxury building bringing in over a million a month. The leasing office is under valued and under paid in the Denver Market. Like throw us a bone.

Be the first to find this review helpful