72% would recommend to a friend
(3505 total reviews)
83% approve of CEO
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Can be a great environment for growth and development if you are surrounded by the right managers Benefits were great as well" (in 441 reviews)
- "You're just another stat for them but the pay is good and rent discounts are nice" (in 216 reviews)
- "Great people and company to work for" (in 111 reviews)
- "Great opportunities for growth WITH THE RIGHT PROPERTY AND TEAM" (in 59 reviews)
- "Lovely people and a great culture." (in 58 reviews)
- "Upper management is not great No upward mobility unless you kiss up to management" (in 102 reviews)
- "Overworked and no work life balance" (in 99 reviews)
- "poor management you end up having to do a lot of things that are not in the job description unprofessional environment" (in 87 reviews)
- "Oh and if you have a problem with your manager, NOBODY in the corporate office will even call you back despite their policy because they're friends with all the managers and regional managers so they're interested in protecting their friends not in the manner the company is actually being run." (in 83 reviews)
- "No training !!!" (in 78 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Greystar and is not affected by filters.
Found 3,505 of over 4K reviews
Updated Dec 6, 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
- 5.0FEATURED REVIEWNov 7, 2023Assistant Property Manager (APM)Former Employee, more than 1 yearSeattle, WA
Relatively light workload with good work/life balance, incredible benefits and PTO/sick time (the best I've ever seen), great fully paid insurance, lots of support from upper management and easy to coordinate with other properties for assistance, huge footprint makes it very easy to transfer to other opportunities/move/etc.
The industry itself is draining but I feel Greystar does a great job with making it nice.Greystar Response4w
Thanks for your review! We truly appreciate the hard work put in from our on-site team members and are happy to hear you have had an overall positive experience working with Greystar.
- 5.0Nov 13, 2023Leasing ProfessionalCurrent Employee, less than 1 yearCharlotte, NC
Great benefits & ample vacation time
Starting pay could be better.Greystar Response2w
Thanks for the positive review! We are happy to see you are enjoying your experience with Greystar and thank you for your hard work onsite!
- 3.0Nov 13, 2023Leasing AgentCurrent Employee, less than 1 year
My community manager and team are great, and the benefits can make it worth it for the right person. Most residents are friendly. Some properties have great amenities for both residents and staff.
Training was rough, too much going on during work hours to really train someone. Training is through videos but most of it was in person. Not enough coverage to easily train someone but no other options either. Sometimes I even had to work through training videos because I was already left alone early on. Cranky residents can ruin your day and will. Plan to get reamed by both the residents and the property owners regularly. If you have the right personality for this, you'll fit in and love it, but otherwise you'll get burned fast. You need to have thick skin. The 40% discount is great in theory but can feel risky to take since you may not be able to stay if the property sells or if you leave. It doesn't feel secure to rely on your employer for housing. I plan to leave for another industry when I can.Greystar Response2w
Thank you for taking time to leave a review! Your feedback is very important to us.
- 4.0Dec 6, 2023Make Ready TechnicianCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearHouston, TX
Good benefits, fair pay, weekends off, employee rent discount
Management turnover, inconsistent responsibilities, physical labor
- 5.0Dec 5, 2023AMM Area Maintenance ManagerCurrent Employee
Full benefits, very competitive compensation, matching 401K, Service department, internal courses and certifications
Can be very challenging, physically and emotionally demanding.
- 3.0Dec 4, 2023Assistant Community ManagerCurrent Employee, more than 3 years
It has Great pay; great benefits
It feels more like a clique. If you’re not a part of it, you won’t get ahead
- 5.0Aug 26, 2023Senior Community ManagerCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearCalifornia City, CA
Benefits, Paid Time Off, Encouraging Leadership, Organized Processes lightening fast IT Support! I left Greystar a few years back, and joined one of those ‘ up and coming’ property management companies. Exciting at first, gave it my all, but in the end, the disorganization, lack of support and leadership, I felt suffocated by bottlenecked tasks, unanswered important direction, and a felt really defeated and frustrated. I came to the realization that company I was working for not only had literally none of the above, but was a LONG way off to even compete with Greystar! (except maybe the PTO) I’m back, and here to stay. It IS challenging, but in a good, empowering way! If you have a strong drive, and don’t mind a fast paced environment, try to get your foot in the door, and close it behind you!
The onboarding training with tight deadlines (for some positions) is a bit excessive. For example: in my case, the properties have been without a manager a few months, so trying to address all of the lingering important tasks, etc on top of trying to watch seemingly endless training courses, was a bit burdensome.
- 1.0Sep 26, 2023Assistant ManagerCurrent Employee, less than 1 yearDenver, CO
Benefits that’s literally it. Everything else sucks
Everything! Training is non- existent, they claim to have “ Oh so much support” not true at all, we had a “ team” come “support”us only once and that’s it. Their SOPs are out dated and give you the wrong info. You higher ups don’t care about you if you aren’t the manager. Our regional doesn’t even introduce her self to us or care to remember our names or faces. When you reach out to them for support she only responds with one sentence answers and no additional info or support. Literally. They claim to have a diversity panel and the main person is not even a person of color, when you go to big Greystar events the only people of color they have are all in Mainteance so if your white, blonde hair and blue eyed you will do amazing here! They will pass you for promotions no matter how qualified you are, or how long you have been with the company. They make to many empty promise and clearly don’t preform, ask our owners they are not very happy with them.3
- 5.0Nov 25, 2023Maintenance SupervisorCurrent Employee, less than 1 yearHouston, TX
My Team has been awesome, I have been in the industry 8+ years this is the best company so far
As a maintenance supervisor I dont get quarterly bonuses or any extra bonuses like most companies
Greystar Reviews FAQs
Greystar has an overall rating of 3.8 out of 5, based on over 3,642 reviews left anonymously by employees. 72% of employees would recommend working at Greystar to a friend and 67% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -2% over the last 12 months.
72% of Greystar employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Greystar 3.5 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.8 for culture and values and 3.9 for career opportunities.