Greystar "good benefits" Reviews | Glassdoor

Create your profile to get personalized information

Greystar Employee Reviews about "good benefits"

Updated Oct 24, 2019

3.9
Pros
  • "Great benefits and they take care of their employees(in 124 reviews)

• "Great company to work for because the starting pay can be really nice with the bonuses(in 56 reviews)

Cons

Reviews about "good benefits"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Excellent Company to work for"

Current Employee - Community Manager in Houston, TX

I have been working at Greystar full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Tons of training Good benefits Great colleagues Team work Decent salary

Cons

Having to use different softwares

Greystar2019-08-13

"Good company, but poor selection of regional and property managers"

Former Employee - Leasing Professional in Austin, TX

I worked at Greystar full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good benefits, offer some training if your property manager would let you take it. Good reputation overall in the industry

Cons

Regional management selected poorly. Quick turnaround and nobody cares who you are. Never offer any holiday or leasing extra bonuses.

Advice to Management

care about your onsite team a little more. Maybe at least remember their names? regional managers act like they are superstars, be more down to earth when arrive to your onsite team. Also such a large company and no holiday bonuses? try to take your employees to have a nice dinner at lease - cheapasses..

Greystar2019-10-24
  3. "Good Company with Good Benefits"

Current Employee - Community Manager in Denver, CO

I have been working at Greystar full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Greystar has lots of good benefits to offer with health and PTO. I also like that they encourage employees to participate in company events and learning seminars

Cons

Biggest con is work life balance needs to be practiced and people sometimes are spread too thin when they should have a bigger staff onsite.

Advice to Management

1 person per 100 units rule of thumb does not always work.

Greystar2019-10-14

"I wish I had never taken this job."

Current Employee - Community Manager in Alexandria, VA

I have been working at Greystar full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good benefits. Good growth potential.

Cons

They say they value employees, and encourage you to have a personal life, but in reality you better be married to your job and that's that. You are expected to work hours outside of normal work hours. It is expected that you leave all else behind to dedicate yourself SOLELY to the job. Coming into the company, do not expect support at all. You are on your own. There is no real training. It's sink or swim. Do not... expect your property to be anything like it's described, it is all a mess. Expect management to allow owners to talk down to you, even curse at you. Offices are understaffed, and when you mention that to upper management, get ignored completely. HR is a joke. Can't/won't answer the simplest of questions. They brag about being the best out there, but they are growing too fast and can't keep up. Taking a job with Greystar has been one of the worst decisions I have ever made in my life.

Advice to Management

Live up to your own so-called "pillars and values". Offer support to new employees and management. Do ACTUAL DUE DILIGENCE on new properties. Properly staff your properties. Protect your employees from toxic owners.

Greystar2019-09-30
  5. "Love them!"

Current Employee - Corporate Support Systems in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Greystar full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I've been with Greystar for 7 years and they stick to their Pillar's and Values. One important one is People. They truly care about their people's development and growth. You work HARD, but you also play hard, the pay is good, benefits are excellent, and I feel valued.

Cons

Because Greystar is leading the industry there is constant change which comes with turnover - not everyone can handle the pace. My only wish is that they had more people!

Greystar2019-08-23

"Anonymous"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I have been working at Greystar full-time for less than a year

Pros

There are many specialized teams and skills to lean on for support. Good benefits package and the company embraces new innovative technologies and processes.

Cons

Work life balance and gossip from senior leadership. Training could also use improvement as there are so many things to know and understand. There are a lot of people for support but it can be hard to know who to go to for help when it is needed because there are so many people with specialized roles.

Advice to Management

Focus on the pillars and core values and continue to survey the team members about their experience.

Greystar2019-07-28
  7. "Great experience"

Current Employee - Property Accountant in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Greystar full-time for more than a year

Pros

-Learn a lot about real estate accounting (multifamily) - Work with really smart/knowledgeable people -Breakfast every pay day (every other Thursday’s) -Work from home every Friday plus an additional day after 6 months -Pretty good benefits

Cons

-Low pay compared to industry average -Long hours at times -High expectations with little training offered

Advice to Management

Accountants could use a little more support from managers and controllers. The dynamic at the office has changed and people seem a lot more down in spirit due to the amount of work and lack of appreciation. Pay is really low for the amount of Work hours we put in. Too much portfolio shuffling is causing frustration for accountants with having to clean up previous outstanding items. Accounting managers could use a... lot more training on how to interact with and train their accountants.

Greystar2019-07-06

"Unrealistic expectations and under appreciated employees"

Former Employee - Anonymous

I worked at Greystar full-time for more than a year

Pros

Progressive and generally good benefits

Cons

Greystar will cut every corner if it means saving them a few bucks. They will sacrifice good employees and resident relationships without a second thought. They will make excuses not to fully staff offices because it means saving money, putting unacknowledged stress and weight on others’ shoulders. You can only say “thank you” so many times before it becomes meaningless because nothing is being done to help. It has... become manipulation, taking advantage of employees and expecting that your “thanks” are enough to make up for the fact that everyone is burned out and stressed beyond belief. The lack of acknowledgement and understanding of what the reality of being onsite is like is unbelievable. The lack of transparency and overwhelming facade of “everything is great!” is robotic. Greystar expects more and more with no intention of providing the support that is necessary. Stop cutting budgets and forcing unrealistic numbers on your communities. BE human to your employees.. BE empathetic.. BE supportive.. BE proactive. Live by your own pillars and values.. Stop waiting for things to fall apart or for people to threaten to quit before any action is taken. We are your people.. your worker bees. We want to be here but we are burning out.

Advice to Management

See cons.

Greystar2019-07-24
  9. "Sales Professional"

Former Employee - Leasing Consultant in Sandy Springs, Fulton, GA

I worked at Greystar full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great team work environment, good benefits for their staff, room for improvement.

Cons

I don't have any complaints about this company

Greystar2019-05-06

"Low salary, long hours"

I have been working at Greystar full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good benefits, nice co workers

Cons

Low pay, long hours and weekends

Greystar2019-04-30