Greystar "upper management" Reviews | Glassdoor

Greystar Employee Reviews about "upper management"

Updated Dec 4, 2019

3.9
Pros
  • "Great benefits and they take care of their employees(in 124 reviews)

• "Great company to work for because the starting pay can be really nice with the bonuses(in 56 reviews)

Cons

Reviews about "upper management"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "I LOVE GREYSTAR"

Current Employee - Community Manager in Denver, CO

I have been working at Greystar full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Being that Greystar is the Largest Apartment Management company in the world, they really have to have their stuff together! They have systems and support for everything and they are extremely organized. They are huge, but each Region is given the reins to hold fun employee events and recognition ceremonies. The upper management is full of energy and support, as well. There are also numerous opportunities for growth..., advancement and education. They are passionate about the community and do so many things to give back to many charitable organizations such as St Jude and their internal organizations, such as Stars in Need.

Cons

Some of their global initiatives and polices don't work on the individual property level.

Greystar2019-10-04
  2. "It got me the needed experience to get out of there."

Current Employee - Leasing Professional in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Greystar full-time for more than a year

Pros

The benefits package was great. That's about it.

Cons

I hated working for Greystar. Upper management is unresponsive always to any concerns both lower level employees have as well as residents. It's all about numbers, numbers, numbers with them.

Greystar2019-11-18
  3. "Horrible company to work for. Does illegal things to make bottom line look better"

Former Employee - Assistant Community Manager

I worked at Greystar full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Little pros to mention. I guess I can say that because I was at such a horribly run property for 3 years I learned all the things NOT to do at future properties for a new property management company. - I tried to transfer to another property after my long and horrible experience. I did not want to give up on Greystar. I spoke to the RPM about my very bad experiences with Greystar and she did not seem surprised nor... did she care about it. When I requested a transfer it was denied. That is when I left Greystar.

Cons

Greystar is nothing short of a nightmare to work for. In my 3 years with Greystar I experienced the following: - I was clocked out by upper management and told I needed to stay (illegal). The site I worked out was grossly understaffed (I’ll get into that more later) and as a result overtime was constant. I was clocked out by the CM because I had to much overtime. When I questioned it the CM said she would let me... go home early next pay period and keep me clocked in to make up for it. That never happened, additionally I should have made time and half for those hours and didn’t. - paychecks were constantly messed up & wrong. One time the CM missed the deadline to fix paychecks for the whole office and everyone was missing days off their checks. She said she would fix it and never did. I was missing 8 hours. I never got paid for to this day. My coworker was missing 32 hours and never got paid either! That’s a lot of time to be missing from a paycheck. - In Greystar it’s all about who you know. There was a CM brought to our site that did legitimately nothing but would take credit for everyone else’s work. She wasn’t received well by staff and never responded to staff or resident emails for weeks. She would get mad and agressive when someone would attempt to address it with her in private. After speaking to the CM about staff frustrations and concerns to no avail I finally decided to go the regional about it. The regional must have spoken to the CM about it and told her I said it and additionally what I had said. The CM came storming into my office the next day yelling in front of staff about what I had done. The CM’s words were, “do you know what a hierarchy is?” “I outrank you. You can tell whoever you want in Greystar bad things about me but I’m secure in my position. I’m very close with very high people in this company. I’m not worried about my job.” - The same CM blocked a door entrance and would not allow me out of a room in the office. It just so happened no one was around to witness when this occurred but I was done and explained I would be putting in an HR complaint at which point she walked away for about 20 minutes and came back profusely apologizing. I never put in the complaint because I felt she was right. If I did put in the complaint nothing would happen because of her associations in Greystar. - Greystar’s so focused on growing that stuff become numbers. They do not care about their teams. It’s all about what looks good on paper.

Advice to Management

Slow down and take care of your staff. Growing isn’t everything. Take a deep look at your upper management. They make the numbers look good on paper but look more into how they are treating their team. Look at employee satisfaction.

Greystar2019-12-04
  4. "Top Workplace!"

Current Employee - Community Manager in Denver, CO

I have been working at Greystar full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I've been with Greystar for almost 7 years and it's been nothing but amazing. They offer great benefits, competitive pay and room for growth! You won't feel like you're stuck in your position forever. Upper management takes time to get to know individuals so you're not just a number. Company events are always fun as well.

Cons

No cons at the moment.

Greystar2019-10-04

"Started off Great then ended Horrible. Regionals make all the difference and the latest one was a snake who was fake."

Former Employee - Community Manager

I worked at Greystar full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Benefits and the residents you ended up meeting along the way.

Cons

Lack of support from regional. You inform many higher up managers or upper management of the issues and they turn other way. They over work and try to low ball you. Dont like to compensate for milage when forced to go to company meetings, appear in court, training. Etc. They say "welcome to property management " when you say anything. Other employees can steal (petty cash) twice with days apart amd nothing, I... dont answer my work phone and I receive an email on why and I can not let it happen again. Beyond over worked, staffed with 1 employe at site (again you say anything welcome to property management) and under paid. To be honest GREYSTAR only cares about how many clients they have not how their employees feel or are treated. The good hard working employees get stepped on while the ones who dont do nothing but bark get lunch dates.

Advice to Management

Get rid of old senior management amd replace with ones who not only work bit care about what they do. My regional sucked and so do all the people that knew the environment I went through and apologies and then turned the other way.

Greystar2019-10-22

"Just ok"

Former Employee - Community Manager

I worked at Greystar full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great benefits and perks

Cons

No support from upper management

Advice to Management

Cater to your employees instead of ignoring them.

Greystar2019-07-31

"Medical benefits are great. Upper Management-not so much"

Current Employee - Community Manager

I have been working at Greystar full-time

Pros

Medical benefits, depending on your ownership group-pay is great, after 5 years your medical cost is free but until then-for you and your child it's almost $500 monthly.

Cons

Promotions depend on the clique you're in-if you're not in one, you're not offered squat, upper management puts in bare minimal effort, must be self sufficient. If you're good at your job-they make you do other people's job too!

Advice to Management

Actually value the employees that deserve being valued.

Greystar2019-07-31
  8. "Good Company to work for...."

Former Employee - Leasing Consultant in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Greystar full-time for more than a year

Pros

-Company discount on apartment 20% - In house training - Company in most states.....can relocate

Cons

- Upper management is not involved as they should be.

Greystar2019-07-07

"Upper management sucks"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at Greystar full-time for more than a year

Pros

Only good thing about this company is the pay is above average for the national standard.

Cons

Everything!!! one of the worst companies I’ve ever worked for no support from upper management no back bone From upper management each site is run any type of way they Can get away with there are no policies and procedures across the board from job site to job site or complex complex complete joke !! you get paid to have a headache That’s why they say the pay is higher than other companies because you’re getting... paid to have a headache. LMAO!

Advice to Management

Know what’s going on at your site Upper management does nothing but turn a blind eye and acts like nothing is going on because you’re basically just replaceable there is no loyalty to hard-working employees

Greystar2019-07-28