Greythorn Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

3.6
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Ben Weber

1. "Honest, ethical and a great place to build your book of business"

Current Employee - Sales in Bellevue, WA
    Current Employee - Sales in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at Greythorn full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great commission structure for sales and recruiters. Career growth. Global company with relocation possibilities to the UK, Australia and many many more. Very competitive base salaries compared to other firms in the area.

Cons

Some of the cons are also some of the pros. Almost feels like they are a perpetual start-up, always changing processes, but at the end of the day, they’re just trying to improve the way they do business. Health Benefits could also be better and I would like to see a match in my 401k.

"Don't believe reviews written by management...."

Former Employee - Recruiter in Bellevue, WA
    Former Employee - Recruiter in Bellevue, WA

Pros

The office environment is pretty nice and the coworkers are some great people. There is an opportunity to earn good money.

Cons

Management. The office is run with an "old school" micromanagement culture. Employees are looked at as expendable and their experience and expertise is not valued. They actually had a meeting specifically to address all of the bad reviews they were getting and launched an initiative where employees were intimidated by lawsuits if they posted anything other than a positive review on the company.

Additionally, if you are a recruiter, look VERY closely at your commission statements. My check was consistently short and I had to constantly be talking to payroll to correct it. Just unacceptable.

Advice to Management

Leave. Seriously. The company has NOT GROWN in over a decade specifically because of the archaic, outdated management style.

Greythorn Response

Dec 12, 2014 – Sales Operations Manager

Appreciate the feedback. You're right; we used to micro-manage and by leadership who may or may not have appreciated staff as much as they should have. You're also right, I have seen ... More

"True Believers In Recruiting Through Networking/Leg Work"

Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in Bellevue, WA
    Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at Greythorn full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Greythorn gives you the ability and support to really dig into a vertical you are passionate about. They definitely are believers in hard work and hard-core recruiting by meeting the candidates, meeting with clients, meeting with industry professionals just to network, going to meetups/events, creating a reputation in your field--just getting out from behind LinkedIn to build a brand and drive work your way simply through reputation.

-Everyone is passionate and wants to be here and loves recruiting
    -Leadership supports its recruiters/AEs, has the resources available to ensure they succeed, and offers a flexible environment that supports their varied work styles
    -The more you dedicate, the more success you will see. It's well worth the effort to build your business.
    -We are work hard, play hard, and honestly have fun together. Company sponsors many events to give us an opportunity to blow off steam and recharge.
    -Definite advantages to working for an international company
    -Leagues better than the last firm I worked for which was all heads down job board search, no personal connections, plug and place environment with no concern for quality--all bottom line with no benefit to you. Greythorn is the exact opposite and approaches recruiting exactly how it should be done to achieve the most success.

Cons

-Really direct and open bunch of people, everything in good jest, lots of respect (pro). Great for the outgoing types; might not be great for those who offend easily.
    -If you need to be micromanaged or would hate being out late occasionally having dinner with the best of the best in your vertical, it's probably not a great fit for you.

Advice to Management

-Doing a really good job creating an environment where employees want to stay and supporting those who do in any way possible. Keep it up.
    -Obviously weekly company happy hours are a must and should be scheduled immediately

"The recruitment firm you want to work with..."

Current Employee - Senior Recruiter - Big Data and Cloud in Bellevue, WA
    Current Employee - Senior Recruiter - Big Data and Cloud in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at Greythorn full-time (More than a year)

Pros

True vertical specialization, solid team, strong company culture, honest and ethical.
    I love that I’m able to manage my desk like my own personal business. I can come up with new ideas and ways to impact the industry.
    Ideas are allowed to become reality – we truly have all the control in the world to create a space that is “ours”

Cons

Not as well known as they need to be yet. We need to get our name out there more outside of the Seattle market. We are starting to make a dent in the San Francisco market, we just need to keep building.

Advice to Management

Solid management team - really beginning to understand the importance of flexibility.

"Entrepreneur based business model with the ability to be creative"

Current Employee - Recruiter in Bellevue, WA
    Current Employee - Recruiter in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at Greythorn full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

New Director of Technology comes with amazing industry experience and connection. You are encouraged to develop your own business and manage your own time. Newly remodeled office with lounging are and lots of employee perks and insentives

Cons

Office can be a bit on the cold side.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing! Great partnership with your team!

"Educational, ethical, smart, fun"

Former Employee - Full Desk Recruit/Account Development in Bellevue, WA
    Former Employee - Full Desk Recruit/Account Development in Bellevue, WA

I worked at Greythorn full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Team (minus a bad egg or two)

Cons

Remote management not seeing the big picture.

Advice to Management

Dont try to box everyone into mgmt roles. Build on the skills each individual has.

8. "NA"

Pros

Amazing company, amazing people!! I would highly recommend working for Greythorn.

Cons

I don't have any complaints.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!!

"Excellent EPIC consulting firm, quick onboarding of consultants."

Pros

Great follow through with processes. Someone is always available by phone if needed. Quick turn around to assist Corporate client with staffing needs. Caleb, Chris & Linda are terrific.

Cons

Helpful with looking for next gig, but nothing available. Not really a con.

Advice to Management

Thank you with the position at HOU, TX.

10. "Awful experience"

Former Employee - Senior Recruitment in Melbourne (Australia)
    Former Employee - Senior Recruitment in Melbourne (Australia)

I worked at Greythorn full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Free fruit, great bonuses and top billers staff days out. Not much else to say.

Cons

Corporate psychopaths as managers. No training. Poor Infrastructure. Don't get paid commission until client pays. Bad office environment. Very fake.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees.
    Give proper training and support
    Follow up on serial complaints
    Treat staff how you'd like to be treated
    Upgrade your IT database and infrastructure
    Hire managers who can manage people
    Pay commission up front not after client has paid
    Transform your culture
    Stop having favourites!

11. "Great Flexibility, Good Company Overall"

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Melbourne (Australia)
    Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Melbourne (Australia)

Pros

Flexible working hours for family; good, mature team; fair pay.

Cons

Outdated technology (data bases and processes); somewhat stiff corporate culture

Advice to Management

Update technology.