Grid One Solutions, Inc. Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Meter Technician"

Current Employee - Meter Technician in Pottsville, PA
    Current Employee - Meter Technician in Pottsville, PA

I have been working at Grid One Solutions, Inc. full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You get to take home the truck and use that instead of your own vehicle

Cons

the pay isn't all the high. plus the traveling is long unless you stay in a hotel all week and you only get to go home for 2 days so if you have family you'll never get to see them.

Advice to Management

Management need to revamp the way they do there work if you have men that work in the monroe County area then let them do that work so they don't have to travel 3 hrs two work there and back. and the ones that live up that way give the work to yhose workers. Plus They need to pay more money to start.

2. "This company loves to screw you"

I have been working at Grid One Solutions, Inc. full-time

Pros

You get paid if the HR department doesn't "make mistakes" that particular week.

Cons

Management are a bunch of immature children. ZERO work-life balance. Lies lies lies at your interview. You DONT make $25/hour and they've just implemented a new rule that you have to work some Saturdays... mandatory. It's not enough that they keep you away from your family 25 days out of the month, they now need that extra day.

Advice to Management

Man up, stop throwing temper tantrums, learn how to lead, and listen to your team. The reason your turnover is so high is because you lie to get your new guys' hopes up and then screw them once they start. Despite the fact that SOME guys obviously want to escape their home life, most people actually like to see their family for more than a few days a month. Your turnover will improve if you accept the fact that your workforce is human and respect their need for work-life balance.

3. "Don't waste your time!"

Former Employee - Field Meter Technician in Lampeter, PA
    Former Employee - Field Meter Technician in Lampeter, PA

I worked at Grid One Solutions, Inc. full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You can make good money, you work by yourself
    You drive a company vehicle you get paid weekly and have insurance

Cons

You're not going to make good money unless you kiss up and even then it's a long shot. You're are going to get harassed if you don't install 50 regardless of wether you tried hard or not. You don't get any downtime to account for the morning meeting, loading your truck or taking a lunch.
    Be careful when giving this company consideration.
    You have to install 50 meter a day if you want to get paid 10 hours. If you're out in the field for 12 hours and only install 40 meters you will only get paid for 8 hours.
    The veteran and kiss ups get the easy work. Everyone else has to work like a slave just to hit 50.
    You're going to live in a hotel and have a roommate.
    Your paycheck is always going to be short,
    You will encounter a lot of bugs, bees and spiders mostly along with dogs and a lot of vegetation. You are expected to work in the rain, the supervisors only care about the number of meters you install they don't really care about anything else unless there is a big shot or an auditor watching. This company has the potential to be a good company but not with the current leadership.

Advice to Management

Be real stop being fake, in case you didn't notice that's why people do the things they do in retribution.

4. "9 years at Grid One"

Former Employee - Director of Operations in Palm Bay, FL
    Former Employee - Director of Operations in Palm Bay, FL

I worked at Grid One Solutions, Inc. full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great work environment and ability to work out side the box thinking

Cons

Contract driven so advancement and rewards where geared to that

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees. They are the engine that drives the company and have good ideas

5. "Not Great"

I have been working at Grid One Solutions, Inc. full-time

Pros

4 day work week was cool.

Cons

I had to fight with HR to get paid what was offered to me.

6. "Job is not for people with a clumsy or a nonchalant nature."

Current Employee - Electric Meter Installer in Pottsville, PA
    Current Employee - Electric Meter Installer in Pottsville, PA

I have been working at Grid One Solutions, Inc. full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great pay with chances to earn much more based on very reasonable performance goals. When you stay in a hotel, you get $25 per diem per day. So $125 a week. Independent work if you like that type of work. Work truck you get to take home.

Cons

If you live an hour or longer away from the job site, you must stay in a hotel. This specific job is a 2 1/2 year project, so you may be looking for a new job in 2 years if they don't retain you for another project.

Advice to Management

Need better layout structure for schedule, and coordinate the hotel stays and keep workers informed on the progress of each sector we are in.

7. "Work life balance sucks"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New Cumberland, PA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New Cumberland, PA

I worked at Grid One Solutions, Inc. full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Decent pay but never home

Cons

Not clear on what's happening from week to week

8. "A mixed bag of dog turds"

Former Employee - SFO in Baltimore, MD
    Former Employee - SFO in Baltimore, MD

I worked at Grid One Solutions, Inc. full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The guys you work with are some of the best guys you could ever meet.

Cons

Grid One operates completely at the will of whatever utility they are scrubbing for. They paid us half of what a normal utility worker would make, and gave little to no support. The training was a joke, and they shuffled guys through so fast it was hard to keep track. The management was both spineless and petty, with little to no care about how us as workers were treated. They would throw us under the bus at the drop of a hat, and volunteer us for jobs that were dangerous and not in our title. They also operate under the constant threat of losing the contract, creating a nice could of drama to pull at our strings from. They have reams of safety forms to fill out with little to no care about them. Even though you drive around 200 miles a day, 6 days a week, if you get in an accident you are fired. They are a subsidy of a subsidy and dont care about their employees.

Advice to Management

Stop sucking up to the utilities and actually stand up for your guys.

9. "meter tech"

Pros

good pay and good benefits

Cons

nothing actually good place to work

10. "Great experience and environment"

Former Employee - Utility Worker in Glen Burnie, MD
    Former Employee - Utility Worker in Glen Burnie, MD

I worked at Grid One Solutions, Inc. full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Grid One Solutions stands by there employees, training them with the best training needed for the field.

Cons

I do not have any cons for this company