Griffis Residential Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Leasing Manager"

Current Employee - Leasing Manager in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Leasing Manager in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Griffis Residential full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Griffis Residential is owner-managed multi-family housing and provides excellent customer service by empowering its employees to do the right thing. "It's About You" is both the slogan and the company culture and very much a daily practice. The owners are approachable, supportive, and involved. I can honestly say I feel supported and valued by my managers.

Cons

Can't think of a single one after working in this industry for over ten years.

Advice to Management

It would be nice for management to consider allowing appropriate tattoos and piercings (depending on the local culture) without having to cover them up.

2. "Fantastic Property Management Company"

Current Employee - Assistant Community Manager
    Current Employee - Assistant Community Manager

I have been working at Griffis Residential full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I have met very personable people working for Griffis. Leasing salaries are the highest I've come in contact with.

Cons

Management hears our concerns, however they need to focus on developing current employees more.

Advice to Management

The industry in general should re-evaluate the Assistant Manager pay structure.

3. "Maintenance supervisor"

Current Employee - Maintenance Supervisor in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Maintenance Supervisor in Denver, CO

I have been working at Griffis Residential full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

You get back what you put into it.

Cons

Well opposite of above, which is not a con, just the way it should be in all industries.

4. "Incredible"

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Bothell, WA
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Bothell, WA

I have been working at Griffis Residential full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Griffis has been around for over 15 years and have not changed their values, mission and culture. That is very important to me.

Cons

Not enough Griffis Residential communities in my State for people I know who want to apply.

Advice to Management

Keep up the amazing work!

5. "Assistant Manager"

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Austin, TX

I have been working at Griffis Residential full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

This company values their employees more than any company I have ever worked for. We have 8 paid holidays a year, they match our 401k, we have great health benefits, great PTO, clothing allowance, set 2 days off in a row, amazing commission structure, the list can go on and on. I absolutely love working for this company.

Cons

Consistency between communities is a little off.

May 16, 2018 – Talent Acquisition Manager

We are happy to hear you love working for Griffis Residential and feel valued! Our associates mean a great deal to us and it is our top priority to offer benefits that complement their lifestyles... More

"Insight"

Former Employee - Maintenance Supervisor in Aurora, CO
    Former Employee - Maintenance Supervisor in Aurora, CO

I worked at Griffis Residential full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good benefits, positional growth, multiple properties to work for.

Cons

Property managers can inhibit growth, and potential to succeed. Weather plays a major role on site-maintenance, poor planning of upper management can cause you to work way too much.

Advice to Management

Use more common sense.

May 2, 2018 – Talent Acquisition Manager

We are happy you saw career growth and how we facilitate opportunities to contribute & learn at different communities. We appreciate your feedback and it seems most of your experience with us was... More

7. "Great place"

Current Employee - Leasing Consultant
    Current Employee - Leasing Consultant

I have been working at Griffis Residential full-time (More than a year)

Pros

People are great, small company but you get to grow

Cons

Nothing really that is bad

May 16, 2018 – Talent Acquisition Manager

Thank you for your wonderful feedback! We agree, an exciting aspect of our organization is we are growing and this creates exciting opportunities for our associates. We value our associates’ career... More

"Smoke and Mirrors"

Former Employee - Manager in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Manager in Denver, CO

I worked at Griffis Residential full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Hard working employees, innovative, tenured employees that don't know the grass is greener

Cons

Management - Operations Managers up to Executive Team

Advice to Management

The leadership team is a boy's club that leads based on fear, manipulation, and intimidation. As a result, they have high turnover, expect you to work long hours, and the salaries are low compared to industry with a promise of outstanding bonus potential that is impossible to earn. The leadership team promotes a culture that they don't live up to. Unethical practices at the corporate level and less than educated operations team. This company is smoke and mirrors. Stay far away.

May 2, 2018 – Talent Acquisition Manager

Suggested Response
    Thank you for the feedback - we are committed to our residents and employees and it is helpful to receive constructive criticism as we strive to continuously improve the "It's... More

"Best company you will ever work for!"

Current Employee - Leasing Consultant in Auburn, WA
    Current Employee - Leasing Consultant in Auburn, WA

I have been working at Griffis Residential part-time (More than a year)

Pros

You're not just a number! Ive worked for many large & small corporations and I've never been treated so well. AMAZING benefits, support, and team members. This company is unbelievable! they inspire me to be a better employee and overall a more caring individual.

Cons

None, seriously. They have incorporated some of the old school values such as making employees, and customers feel like they matter.

Advice to Management

This isnt advice... I just want to state how fortunate I feel to have James Tirpak as a manager, hes one of the best managers ive ever had.

May 16, 2018 – Talent Acquisition Manager

It means so much to us that you love working with Griffis Residential! We feel fortunate to have you on our team. Thank you for all you do for our organization and residents!

"Leasing Consultant"

Current Employee - Leasing Consultant in Long Beach, CA
    Current Employee - Leasing Consultant in Long Beach, CA

I have been working at Griffis Residential full-time

Pros

Working for Griffis has been such a positive experience thus far.
    The company prides themselves by promoting "It's about you" which not only reflects to their residents but to their employees as well.
    Even though I have only worked with the company for a short period of time, I can honestly say that I enjoy getting up and going to work everyday. The staff is so friendly and everyone I have met in the company is so welcoming and genuinely cares about the work that they do everyday. This is the type of employer that many people search for and I am lucky to be apart of the Griffis Family!

Cons

There is an Associate development program that is an amazing opportunity for employees to grow, however you have to be willing to relocate, which I would not be able to do anytime in the near future. It also requires a bachelor's degree which I also do not have nor do I have any extra time to devote in order to obtain.

Mar 2, 2018 – Talent Acquisition Manager

We are thrilled you enjoy coming to work every day! Thank you for all you do for our organization and sharing your experience. We understand pursuing education while working full time is a challenge... More