Griffis Residential Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Assistant Manager"

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Austin, TX

I have been working at Griffis Residential full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

This company values their employees more than any company I have ever worked for. We have 8 paid holidays a year, they match our 401k, we have great health benefits, great PTO, clothing allowance, set 2 days off in a row, amazing commission structure, the list can go on and on. I absolutely love working for this company.

Cons

Consistency between communities is a little off.

May 16, 2018 – Talent Acquisition Manager

We are happy to hear you love working for Griffis Residential and feel valued! Our associates mean a great deal to us and it is our top priority to offer benefits that complement their lifestyles... More

2. "Great place"

Current Employee - Leasing Consultant
    Current Employee - Leasing Consultant

I have been working at Griffis Residential full-time (More than a year)

Pros

People are great, small company but you get to grow

Cons

Nothing really that is bad

May 16, 2018 – Talent Acquisition Manager

Thank you for your wonderful feedback! We agree, an exciting aspect of our organization is we are growing and this creates exciting opportunities for our associates. We value our associates’ career... More

3. "Insight"

Former Employee - Maintenance Supervisor in Aurora, CO
    Former Employee - Maintenance Supervisor in Aurora, CO

I worked at Griffis Residential full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good benefits, positional growth, multiple properties to work for.

Cons

Property managers can inhibit growth, and potential to succeed. Weather plays a major role on site-maintenance, poor planning of upper management can cause you to work way too much.

Advice to Management

Use more common sense.

May 2, 2018 – Talent Acquisition Manager

We are happy you saw career growth and how we facilitate opportunities to contribute & learn at different communities. We appreciate your feedback and it seems most of your experience with us was... More

"Smoke and Mirrors"

Former Employee - Manager in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Manager in Denver, CO

I worked at Griffis Residential full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Hard working employees, innovative, tenured employees that don't know the grass is greener

Cons

Management - Operations Managers up to Executive Team

Advice to Management

The leadership team is a boy's club that leads based on fear, manipulation, and intimidation. As a result, they have high turnover, expect you to work long hours, and the salaries are low compared to industry with a promise of outstanding bonus potential that is impossible to earn. The leadership team promotes a culture that they don't live up to. Unethical practices at the corporate level and less than educated operations team. This company is smoke and mirrors. Stay far away.

May 2, 2018 – Talent Acquisition Manager

Suggested Response
    Thank you for the feedback - we are committed to our residents and employees and it is helpful to receive constructive criticism as we strive to continuously improve the "It's... More

5. "Best company you will ever work for!"

Current Employee - Leasing Consultant in Auburn, WA
    Current Employee - Leasing Consultant in Auburn, WA

I have been working at Griffis Residential part-time (More than a year)

Pros

You're not just a number! Ive worked for many large & small corporations and I've never been treated so well. AMAZING benefits, support, and team members. This company is unbelievable! they inspire me to be a better employee and overall a more caring individual.

Cons

None, seriously. They have incorporated some of the old school values such as making employees, and customers feel like they matter.

Advice to Management

This isnt advice... I just want to state how fortunate I feel to have James Tirpak as a manager, hes one of the best managers ive ever had.

May 16, 2018 – Talent Acquisition Manager

It means so much to us that you love working with Griffis Residential! We feel fortunate to have you on our team. Thank you for all you do for our organization and residents!

6. "Leasing Consultant"

Current Employee - Leasing Consultant in Long Beach, CA
    Current Employee - Leasing Consultant in Long Beach, CA

I have been working at Griffis Residential full-time

Pros

Working for Griffis has been such a positive experience thus far.
    The company prides themselves by promoting "It's about you" which not only reflects to their residents but to their employees as well.
    Even though I have only worked with the company for a short period of time, I can honestly say that I enjoy getting up and going to work everyday. The staff is so friendly and everyone I have met in the company is so welcoming and genuinely cares about the work that they do everyday. This is the type of employer that many people search for and I am lucky to be apart of the Griffis Family!

Cons

There is an Associate development program that is an amazing opportunity for employees to grow, however you have to be willing to relocate, which I would not be able to do anytime in the near future. It also requires a bachelor's degree which I also do not have nor do I have any extra time to devote in order to obtain.

Mar 2, 2018 – Talent Acquisition Manager

We are thrilled you enjoy coming to work every day! Thank you for all you do for our organization and sharing your experience. We understand pursuing education while working full time is a challenge... More

7. "Employees Matter! Eight Years In the Industry & Griffis Is The Best!!"

Current Employee - Assistant Community Manager in Auburn, WA
    Current Employee - Assistant Community Manager in Auburn, WA

I have been working at Griffis Residential full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I have been working with Griffis for a few years now and they are by far the best management company I have ever had the pleasure to work for. We have annual Holiday Parties, great social media platforms to stay in contact with one another and excellent support through Corporate! They make it very difficult for an employee to want to leave because of how well they pay , their non- stop commitment, loyalty and how they genuinely care about YOU and your goals! Their motto "It's About You" doesn't just go for residents, it goes for employees as well. :)

Cons

While I do not have a con I will say, I do hope for more opportunities for GRowth in the company.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work. I am not going anywhere. :)

Mar 5, 2018 – Talent Acquisition Manager

We are happy you are not going anywhere! Thank you for sharing your experience and all your hard work. We appreciate the feedback and we will keep up the GReat work.

8. "Griffis Residential says "It's About You" and they mean it!"

Current Employee - Community Manager in Long Beach, CA
    Current Employee - Community Manager in Long Beach, CA

I have been working at Griffis Residential full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Griffis Residential is a company that truly cares about the quality of it's customer and associates experience alike. From their un-paralleled standard of service to their un-wavering dedication to a set of core values that really set it apart - it's a company that genuinely embodies their "it's about you" slogan and makes me proud to be a part of the Griffis Residential family everyday!

Cons

Griffis Residential is a company that listens to feedback and is continuously evolving for the better!

Advice to Management

N/A

Mar 5, 2018 – Talent Acquisition Manager

We're proud to have you on our team and thank you for all you do! We look forward to continuing to improve and see you GRow with us.

9. "Terrible make ready apartments"

Former Employee - Assistant Community Manager
    Former Employee - Assistant Community Manager

I worked at Griffis Residential full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This company has higher bonus structures than some.

Cons

This company buys older properties and rehabs them. The rehabs are never completed before move in leaving residents living in a dirty work zone and office staff must be apologetic for poor maintenance constantly. Workmanship and quality of flooring terrible. Floor boards full of glue and constantly come up and scratch more easily than most.
    Mold in many apartments. Level of mitigation depended on manager and if they liked the resident or not. One resident was left without kitchen or bathroom and was forced to move due to mold. Management turned a blind eye.
    Management changes out every 2-3 months. Managers were shuffled around constantly.
    Shady pricing specials were implemented to increased occupancy.

Often interpretations of policies between managers were completely opposite each other when policy should be concrete black and white.

Consistency with policy is crucial for staff to enforce. Constant turn over left staff frustrated and on edge.
    Being a perfectionist won't help you get ahead. Management will promote siblings of staff and turn a blind eye on actual job performance.

Advice to Management

Training seminars for leasing consultants would improve their skills tremendously. Leasing consultants should jump up to greet each guest warmly and answer the phone every time. They should also be able to do the skill set required of them.

Managers should be committed to a property for 1 full year before being shuffled to the next.

Hiring dynamic qualified and motivated maintenance would help. This would be done if the most motivated weren't being paid $15/hour.

Mar 5, 2018 – Talent Acquisition Manager

Thank you for the feedback - we are committed to our residents and associates and it is helpful to receive constructive criticism as we strive to create the "It's About You" experience for everyone... More

10. "Great place to work!"

Current Employee - Community Manager
    Current Employee - Community Manager

I have been working at Griffis Residential full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Griffis Residential is a great place to work! Although it's growing fast, they still care about their employees and treat us well. I've worked for Griffis for several years now and couldn't be happier!

Cons

None to share at this time

Advice to Management

Thanks for making this a great place to work!