Griffis Residential Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.9
CEO

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Awesome Company to work for!"

Pros

Amazing core values and great to work for

Cons

none that I can think of

Advice to Management

keep doing what you're doing

2. "Best Property Management Company"

Current Employee - Assistant Manager
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager

I have been working at Griffis Residential full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Everyone at corporate knows you by name. They have meetings with everyone across the country once a year to get together and share feedback/knowledge. Great commission structure for leases. Corporate really listens and works to improve standards for residents and employees everyday.

Cons

Personally I have none to share

Advice to Management

Higher wage for Assistant Managers. Once promoted you make significantly less than leasing agents with commission, although the structure has greatly improved.

3. "Front Desk"

I worked at Griffis Residential full-time

Pros

Beautiful office, friendly co-workers.

Cons

Boring position, very up-tight office environment.

4. "It IS about you!"

I have been working at Griffis Residential full-time

Pros

I feel genuinely cared for and valued as an employee. Everyone at Griffis has been so kind in my time here. They all are excited to come to work and are consistently positive day in and day out. Ian, Tom, and David are not "too good for it" which is unlike other executive leaders I worked with at last companies. People actually smile here which I am not used to but it's a very welcome change! People here want me to succeed and I always feel supported by everyone I work with.

Cons

I have none. It's a great place to work.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!

"New OM's are a MUST..."

I worked at Griffis Residential full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Compensation, Commission Structure, Strong Benefit Package, 401 K

Cons

As mentioned in previous reviews, some of the OM's at Griffis are just plain awful. My OM, in particular, was one of the most selfish, back-stabbing, conniving, manipulative, fake individuals I've ever come across in my years of working in property management. My entire experience was ruined by one individual. Griffis has lost a fair share of over-qualified and talented employees due to the lack of leadership and support from the OM position. These individuals are supposed to be the back-bone of this company and act as "role models" for their teams, instead they promote gossip, back-stabbing, childish-like behavior. There are far better companies who actually value their employees, Griffis sadly is not one of them.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees feedback and start making necessary changes. This company has a lot of potential, but the fat must be trimmed.

"Don't Be Fooled, It's NOT About You"

Current Employee - Property Manager
    Current Employee - Property Manager

I have been working at Griffis Residential full-time

Pros

Strong benefit package and compensation. There are some very nice and genuine people in the organization, if you can find them.

Cons

Cliques, "drink the kool-aid" culture, negligently poor leadership at the top of Operations. I would recommend being very fake friendly with everyone, as you will find they will be with you. There are lots of deeply layered relationships, so assume that no conversations are private. Brown-nosing and flattery are more important than talent and performance. As mentioned in a previous review, the OM lineup could use significant improvement. My OM is one of the least genuine, least knowledgeable, least inspiring, least supportive, and least talented individuals I have worked with in my career in Property Management. That person has very much ruined my experience with the company, however other OM's do seem more bright, qualified, and amicable.

Advice to Management

Listen to employees and respond, even when you may not like what they have to say.

7. "When you can't wait to get to work on a Monday! I love my job!"

Current Employee - Community Manager in Auburn, WA
    Current Employee - Community Manager in Auburn, WA

I have been working at Griffis Residential full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There are a lot of Property Management companies in the Seattle area. I've worked for a few different ones in the 19 years I've been in Property Management and Griffis Residential definitely sets themselves apart! What drew me to the company was their core values one which was Empathy. This is my heart all the way and to be able to work for a company that has the same values was very important to me. They give me the freedom to actually take care of my residents unlike most of the companies I've worked for in the past. They haven't lost the true heart behind customer service. Their motto is "It's about you" and they truly walk that out in every way. The new hire onboarding process was also very organized, just a smooth process with great help from everyone. They reward residents at the time of renewal with a gracious rewards program that is usually unheard of. Their compensation package and bonus plan are amazing and my Operating Manager is very supportive, helpful, encouraging and easy to work with. Its important to me to know that I can ask my Supervisor for help or support and not feel like I'm a burden or bother. I'm so grateful to work for such an amazing company!
    You know you love your job when you look forward to coming to work on a Monday! :)

Cons

I have none at this time.

8. "Love my job and what this company represents"

Current Employee - Sales and Leasing Consultant in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Sales and Leasing Consultant in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Griffis Residential full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This company truly cares about its employees and the residents that choose to live at their properties. There is great training, amazing support from management, many opportunities to display leadership and take responsibilities, awesome benefits, and they reward their employees for hard work.

Cons

No cons to share at this time.

9. "Great place to work!"

Current Employee - Community Manager in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Community Manager in Denver, CO

I have been working at Griffis Residential full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I’ve worked for Griffis Residential for 7 years and I can honestly say it’s one of the best companies to work for, not only are residents important to them but their employees are their #1. I get the support, training and leadership I need from my Operation Manager. Overall love working here.

Cons

None at this time

"Great Company with a Great Culture"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Griffis Residential full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

For the first time in a long time, I feel I work somewhere where my voice is heard and I can make a difference. Great camraderie and a welcoming, open environment. On-boarding was the best experience I've had at any company - to have everything ready to go on your first day is amazing! Fantastic benefits and good work life balance.

Cons

No cons to share.

Advice to Management

Excited about the growth of the company and continued opportunities for the team.