Grimco Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated February 14, 2017

5.0
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Bob Hummert

Pros
  • Lots of energetic, fun, and hard working people (in 8 reviews)

• Good company culture and great people to work around (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • 5 days off during first year (no sick time) is unacceptable (in 4 reviews)

• sick time were extremely lacking (in 4 reviews)

1. "Best company ever"

I have been working at Grimco full-time

Pros

Been here close to 20 years. They really take great care of their employees.

Cons

System are good but maybe could be a bit better.

Advice to Management

Keep it up I love the business model

"Great place to work"

I have been working at Grimco (Less than a year)

Pros

So far so good. Wonderful company.

Cons

Lack of knowledge for some personnel.

"Great Career Progression Program"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fenton, MO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fenton, MO

Pros

I came to Grimco with very little experience and they were willing to work with me and train me to be comfortable working with customers. I come to work everyday because I love the people I work with and I feel like I am contributing to the larger picture. I'm really lucky to have found a place where they will give you the tools to be successful with realistic expectations and goals where I can hold myself accountable and work with my manager to layout my own progression.

Cons

Haven't had a bad day yet!

Advice to Management

Keep up the positive reinforcement and continue casual Fridays!

"Great Company-Fast Growth- High Tech"

Pros

This is a fast paced company with solid management and big growth and advancement opportunities. The company now has 45 branches throughout the USA and six in Canada. It is the industry leader in the sign and color graphics industry with great products from HP and 3M and other industry leaders. Employees who work hard advance quickly with opportunities in branch and regional management.
    Grimco has won numerous customer service awards from its national accounts.

Cons

Grimco's "can do" culture is a big part of its success. Employees are given a lot of responsibility early and encouraged to take ownership and responsibility for their customers and their own success. Sales and profitability goals are very important. If you are not a motivated individual with a good work ethic, this may not be the place for you.

Advice to Management

Keep growing the company and that will create more and more opportunities for employees.

"Manager"

Current Employee - Manager
    Current Employee - Manager

Pros

Forward thinking company, always working to improve and grow.
    Non discriminatory based on gender, race, sexual orientation. Also falling in line with forward thinking and growth.
    Every day given an opportunity to make decisions like it is your company. You are treated like an adult- knowing your goals, true cost of products, ability to adjust price and inventory levels to improve your branch and growth.
    Fun work environment.
    Management is challenging, but fair. Always encouraging you to improve and do your very best for your own growth and the betterment of the branch and company.
    Owner truly cares about his employees:
    Haven't raised employee portion of health insurance costs in 6 years- this is unheard of these days!
    More than generous 401K contribution by Grimco.
    His door is the first you see when you walk into headquarters and it is always open. He is willing to sit down and talk/ hear out his employees. You can tell he genuinely cares.
    People who work hard are rewarded and appreciated.
    8-5 M-F
    I wouldn't suggest this job to everyone because you have to work hard, it is not super easy, but for those who want a healthy challenge and have a solid work ethic it is a wonderful place to work. I enjoy coming to work every single day. The people who haven't made it simply didn't see the overall vision and that is too bad because they are missing out on an awesome opportunity. If you have a strong work ethic, have the ability to prioritize your time with a high attention to detail, are looking for a career and not just a stepping stone to your next adventure Grimco is an wonderful place to look! The individuals who give Grimco poor ratings probably didn't see the overall vision or buy into it.

Cons

Time off could be adjusted to include specified sick days. We work very hard, 'mental health' days are a need.

Advice to Management

Would like to see more activities on the branch level for employees to get involved and bond. I know they do this at the corporate level, but not much at the local level. I think it would improve on the cohesion of the branches and promote a team atmosphere.
    Don't hang on to employees who aren't performing. This doesn't do them or the team any favors.

"Warehouse Manager"

Current Employee - Warehouse Manager in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Warehouse Manager in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Grimco full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great people to work with! I have a Manger and a Regional manager that listen to me and understand my questions, comments, and concerns.

Cons

I think that the one thing that sticks out the most is our delivery service could be much improved. They need to have a more structured crew.

Advice to Management

I would suggest that the company provide the warehouse employees some uniforms so that they do not mess up their own clothes.

"Great place to work"

Pros

Small Team
    Great Place to develop entrepreneurial skills
    Freedom and ability to market how you want
    Great people to work with

Cons

Start you off at low pay
    Goals are sometimes unattainable

Advice to Management

Pay more to new candidates and you might get a better pool of candidates to choose from

"Great Company, Great Opportunity"

Current Employee - Branch Manager
    Current Employee - Branch Manager

I have been working at Grimco full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

1.) Opportunity for growth. Grimco is growing rapidly. New branches are opening each year and new opportunities are being created for employees. Grimco promotes from within, so there is plenty of opportunity for hard working employees to move up the ranks.
    2.) Small business feel. Teams are small and each employee is crucial to the overall success of a branch. Lots of helpful, friendly people create a family type of atmosphere.
    3.) Fast pace. Working for Grimco is never boring. Teams are small and employees are expected to be flexible and wear multiple hats. Grimco employees gain experience in inside and outside sales, resolutions, accounting etc.

Cons

There really are no significant Cons. If you are a hardworking self-motivated person looking to join a company with tons of opportunity, Grimco is perfect for you. If you are simply looking for a paycheck, and you are not willing to go above and beyond to make your branch successful, then you are not going to be a good fit for Grimco.

Advice to Management

Management is attentive and easily accessible. There is always an open door policy here and management does a great job of making employees feel important.

"CDR"

Current Employee - CDR in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - CDR in Houston, TX

I have been working at Grimco full-time (More than a year)

Pros

If you take care of Grimco, they will most definitely take care of you. This is my first job out of college, and I would recommend it to anyone interested in sales, or to someone who knows they want to be in a business setting, but aren't quite sure of what they want from it. You're given so many opportunities to grow the company and work from every angle of the business. There's always a new opportunity - you just have to want it. Aside from just the company as a whole, the people I get to work with everyday are amazing. It's a very positive, fun, and exciting environment.

Cons

With great power comes great responsibility. As previously mentioned, you're presented with so many amazing opportunities and clients, that it does get difficult to juggle. It has definitely taught me to prioritize. It's a constant, growing, changing company, so there's always something new to tackle. There are times that it's tough to get it all done because our sales focus changes so frequently.

Advice to Management

n/a... Another beautiful thing about Grimco? You're able to shoot suggestions over to them anytime you want. I feel comfortable enough with my company that I've given them all the suggestions I have. There's no need to give "advice" on a reviews website... I just pick up the phone / shoot an email with my inquiry, and we have an actual conversation about it.

"Hard Work Equals Endless Opportunity"

I have been working at Grimco full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Grimco is the kind of company that rewards hard work in a big way. If you want a company that is going to give you endless opportunities for career growth, Grimco is the place. The company promotes from within so you have every opportunity to work hard and prove yourself and build a long career with the company. It is a fast paced sales environment with great pay, incentives, and great people around you and across the entire company.

You have the ability to build your own path in a company that is growing larger by the day. More opportunities create themselves in every aspect of the business as the company grows and it builds a career and not just a job for everyone that is willing to put in the hard work and dedication. I myself have seen the company grow and change over the years, and couldn't be happier to continue to be a part of it.

Cons

There are not many cons I can think of. The company continues to be a great place to work and gives everyone all the opportunity in the world.