Grimco Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated October 24, 2017

5.0
Bob Hummert

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Lots of energetic, fun, and hard working people (in 8 reviews)

• Good company culture and great people to work around (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • No room for growth- sales reps are all the same title, no tiers (in 4 reviews)

• 5 days off during first year (no sick time) is unacceptable (in 5 reviews)

1. "Amazing all around"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Grimco full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Grimco's culture is awesome, from the executives down. I feel that everyone cares about eachother's success and growing with the company.

Cons

Not a con, but I would love to have more interactions from branch to branch.

2. "Great Company"

I worked at Grimco full-time

Pros

Grimco hires employees based on personality and work ethic. I have worked for Grimco for 2 years and still love what I do and who I work with. Management cares about their employees, unfortunately you can not make everyone happy.

I have seen first hand the amazing things this company has done for employees during their times of need. If you work hard and are passionate about what you do, you will stand out and be rewarded for your work.

Cons

Keep up casual Fridays and more competitions.

"Phenomenal Company to work for"

I have been working at Grimco full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Grimco really knows how to take care of its people. Great work environment and very focused on developing their employees. Overall great company top to bottom.

Cons

Not really any that I can think of.

Advice to Management

I can't say enough good things about Grimco. The way the company is managed and the care for their employees doesn't go unnoticed.

"Best company ever"

I have been working at Grimco full-time

Pros

Been here close to 20 years. They really take great care of their employees.

Cons

System are good but maybe could be a bit better.

Advice to Management

Keep it up I love the business model

"Great place to work"

I have been working at Grimco (Less than a year)

Pros

So far so good. Wonderful company.

Cons

Lack of knowledge for some personnel.

"Great Company-Fast Growth- High Tech"

Pros

This is a fast paced company with solid management and big growth and advancement opportunities. The company now has 45 branches throughout the USA and six in Canada. It is the industry leader in the sign and color graphics industry with great products from HP and 3M and other industry leaders. Employees who work hard advance quickly with opportunities in branch and regional management.
    Grimco has won numerous customer service awards from its national accounts.

Cons

Grimco's "can do" culture is a big part of its success. Employees are given a lot of responsibility early and encouraged to take ownership and responsibility for their customers and their own success. Sales and profitability goals are very important. If you are not a motivated individual with a good work ethic, this may not be the place for you.

Advice to Management

Keep growing the company and that will create more and more opportunities for employees.

"Manager"

Current Employee - Manager
    Current Employee - Manager

Pros

Forward thinking company, always working to improve and grow.
    Non discriminatory based on gender, race, sexual orientation. Also falling in line with forward thinking and growth.
    Every day given an opportunity to make decisions like it is your company. You are treated like an adult- knowing your goals, true cost of products, ability to adjust price and inventory levels to improve your branch and growth.
    Fun work environment.
    Management is challenging, but fair. Always encouraging you to improve and do your very best for your own growth and the betterment of the branch and company.
    Owner truly cares about his employees:
    Haven't raised employee portion of health insurance costs in 6 years- this is unheard of these days!
    More than generous 401K contribution by Grimco.
    His door is the first you see when you walk into headquarters and it is always open. He is willing to sit down and talk/ hear out his employees. You can tell he genuinely cares.
    People who work hard are rewarded and appreciated.
    8-5 M-F
    I wouldn't suggest this job to everyone because you have to work hard, it is not super easy, but for those who want a healthy challenge and have a solid work ethic it is a wonderful place to work. I enjoy coming to work every single day. The people who haven't made it simply didn't see the overall vision and that is too bad because they are missing out on an awesome opportunity. If you have a strong work ethic, have the ability to prioritize your time with a high attention to detail, are looking for a career and not just a stepping stone to your next adventure Grimco is an wonderful place to look! The individuals who give Grimco poor ratings probably didn't see the overall vision or buy into it.

Cons

Time off could be adjusted to include specified sick days. We work very hard, 'mental health' days are a need.

Advice to Management

Would like to see more activities on the branch level for employees to get involved and bond. I know they do this at the corporate level, but not much at the local level. I think it would improve on the cohesion of the branches and promote a team atmosphere.
    Don't hang on to employees who aren't performing. This doesn't do them or the team any favors.

"Warehouse Manager"

Current Employee - Warehouse Manager in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Warehouse Manager in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Grimco full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great people to work with! I have a Manger and a Regional manager that listen to me and understand my questions, comments, and concerns.

Cons

I think that the one thing that sticks out the most is our delivery service could be much improved. They need to have a more structured crew.

Advice to Management

I would suggest that the company provide the warehouse employees some uniforms so that they do not mess up their own clothes.

"Great place to work"

Pros

Small Team
    Great Place to develop entrepreneurial skills
    Freedom and ability to market how you want
    Great people to work with

Cons

Start you off at low pay
    Goals are sometimes unattainable

Advice to Management

Pay more to new candidates and you might get a better pool of candidates to choose from

"Great Company, Great Opportunity"

Current Employee - Branch Manager
    Current Employee - Branch Manager

I have been working at Grimco full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

1.) Opportunity for growth. Grimco is growing rapidly. New branches are opening each year and new opportunities are being created for employees. Grimco promotes from within, so there is plenty of opportunity for hard working employees to move up the ranks.
    2.) Small business feel. Teams are small and each employee is crucial to the overall success of a branch. Lots of helpful, friendly people create a family type of atmosphere.
    3.) Fast pace. Working for Grimco is never boring. Teams are small and employees are expected to be flexible and wear multiple hats. Grimco employees gain experience in inside and outside sales, resolutions, accounting etc.

Cons

There really are no significant Cons. If you are a hardworking self-motivated person looking to join a company with tons of opportunity, Grimco is perfect for you. If you are simply looking for a paycheck, and you are not willing to go above and beyond to make your branch successful, then you are not going to be a good fit for Grimco.

Advice to Management

Management is attentive and easily accessible. There is always an open door policy here and management does a great job of making employees feel important.