Grimco Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

3.5
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Bob Hummert

Pros
  • Lots of energetic, fun, and hard working people (in 8 reviews)

• Good company culture and great people to work around (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • I can't say there is room for growth or opportunities to move up and the compensation is par (in 3 reviews)

• 5 days off during first year (no sick time) is unacceptable (in 4 reviews)

"Great Place to Work! MUST LOVE SALES!!!"

Current Employee - Accounting in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Accounting in Saint Louis, MO

Pros

Great leadership from the top down... They only hire the best and expect the best in return. Start out compensation 30-40k per year usually. Must have college degree to get hired on. Very youthful... Mostly college graduates.

If you do not absolutely love sales you will not make it within Grimco. I don't care if you are in accounting, hr, or sales... everything is sales oriented and pleasing the customer.

Cons

You will never work just a 40 hour week as a newbie if you want to stay in the company and move up. This should be expected within any company. Bob Hummert is an AWESOME man. He is the owner of the company (multi million dollar company) and knows everyone at corporate by name. I would recommend Grimco to anybody.

Like everywhere else... everything is political. I was let go because of politics.

Advice to Management

Solid leadership. Keep doing what you are doing.

"Great Place to work and nice people to work with"

Pros

Great corporate support
    Like running your own business (You make the rules)

Cons

All the employees are in the same room

3. "Current Employee"

I have been working at Grimco full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Grimco- Company recognizes when employees work hard. Great company to move up quickly and take on responsibility. Good company culture and great people to work around. This is an excellent company if you are looking for growth and the ability to move up within a company that is expanding. Many employees that work for Grimco have been here a long time and have held many different positions and contributed to the growth and success of the company.

Cons

Sales is not for everyone, if you are good you will do well.

"Grimco is a great place for aggressive, hard-working individuals!"

I have been working at Grimco full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Grimco is growing considerably and has numerous opportunities for future growth. Salaries and commission plans will show 10-15% raises per year for performing employees. The benefits package (for health insurance, profit sharing, etc.) is second to none. Many employees in this company have become managers is less than two years.

Cons

Must have a strong sense of urgency to work here. If you are passive, you will not fit the company culture.

Advice to Management

Need to invest more $$$ into Grimco web and e-commerce site. That is the future!

"Grimco provides great opportunities"

I have been working at Grimco full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Grimco is the first job I've worked at that truly does provide advancement opportunities based on your results rather than your seniority with the company. It is extremely fast paced and challenging. If you are a hard worker and looking for a company to make your own mark, this company is it. I came to Grimco a few years removed from college so I did not have a ton of business experience, but Grimco gave me the opportunity to learn and improve my sales skills without being micro-managed. Through hard work and dedication to growing the business, I was able to contribute to my branch's success of hitting goals. It is definitely not easy, but the company really does promote based on merit vs. just putting in your time, which was huge for me being a young professional. They provide a career opportunity and not just a job!

Cons

There is a very large product offering that can be a lot to learn and the pace of the job is very fast. You have to be able to multi-task because each location is made up of small teams so the importance of each team member performing is critical to a location's success.

"Successful, fast-paced, caring company!"

Pros

They really do treat you like family, but also push you to be the best you can be. As long as you do your best, there are a variety of opportunities for you. Management is great to work for and they trust and believe in your decisions. They want to see you succeed. I feel Grimco is the perfect company to work for if you are driven and hard-working and want to be rewarded for those qualities. It is very fun and exciting environment to work in on a daily basis. Plus you have the ability to build a solid, stable career. The health and 401k benefits are out of this world.

Cons

Not much negative to say here. They do try to learn from past issues/mistakes. Its an ever-evolving company that grew really rapidly so perhaps more focus on training and development of current managers.

Advice to Management

I love that there is a core group of people at the top that are honest, hard-working, and kind-hearted. This provides such a rewarding environment. Keep up the great work!

"If you want to learn a lot about how to run a successful business and be a leader, this is the place for you!"

I have been working at Grimco full-time

Pros

Employees at Grimco are energetic and passionate about what they are doing. There has been a lot of growth over the past few years which has given people new a lot of new opportunities and there is more growth to come. The possibilities for what you can do within Grimco are endless as long as you are hard-working and prove yourself. The executives and top management truly have an open door policy and are willing to teach you about the business beyond your job responsibilities - all you have to do is ask! If you want to have the chance to make an impact on a solid, growing company take a look at Grimco. They put a lot of trust in their employees - sometimes it works out and sometimes it doesn't but the fact that the opportunities are given is huge, especially in today's world.

Cons

Due to the rapid growth they have experienced and the large number of employees that they have hired on, training is lacking. Developing a training program that gives employees resources beyond their first two weeks with Grimco will be essential if they want to have an educated and successful staff.

Advice to Management

Commit resources to ongoing training and keep the open dialogue between executives, managers, and employees open. Don't lose the good aspects that you had a small business as you continue to grow larger (try to not become too corporate),

"Company full of opportunity"

Current Employee - Sales Management in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Sales Management in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Grimco full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Personal growth is by far the key highlight to this company. It is a "Good to Great" kind of company. Very forward thinking, always looking toward its good people to improve, always evolving to stay ahead of the industry. What impresses me most is how many decisions are made to invest in our people and internal systems to help ensure our stability and success for decades to come.

Every opportunity to grow within the company is mine to grab. It's a very goal-driven company. I am always asked what my personal goals are, what I hope to do some day, and what the company can do to help support my goals. And more importantly, we then set plans to help make those things happen.

I definitely think that the company is family-oriented, reminding its good people that family is first....I have countless stories to support this truth. I have always had opportunities to take charge and try new things if I want. I feel well compensated. I've compared Grimco to many other companies, and few other companies offer the growth path both in responsibility and income potential that I've seen at Grimco.

Cons

Perhaps I've been with the company too long, but I cannot think of any cons. Any possible con I might consider has an overwhelming pro to wipe it out.
    If you can call it a "con", I'd say that constant change is a guarantee here. At all levels, we are challenged to get stronger, adjust to market conditions/competition, and not just trot down the same path every time. If constant activity and routine change (I call it "opportunities to do more") are not your cup of tea, it can be difficult for that type of person to adapt. But if you want to be successful and learn how a great business is run, then there isn't a better place for that. A strong, stable company is hard to find these days, but I truly believe that this is one of them.

Advice to Management

Keep striving to get better and find great future employees to be our leaders. The key to my success doesn't just lie in my hands, it lies in the hands of our future employees.

"Hard work pays off"

Current Employee - Branch Manager in Quakertown, PA
    Current Employee - Branch Manager in Quakertown, PA

I have been working at Grimco full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I had the opportunity to grow and become part of decision making and process understanding quickly. I am being given the ability to make my own future in Grimco. I have worked hard to develop new sales and grow my client sales for 5 years and have been rewarded with raises each year, along with trust to teach others how I have done my work. New branches open and new opportunities are presented every year in Grimco. Work hard, show the desire to become a member of the branch, not just an employee, and Grimco will see your influence. Be vocal, show results and you can enjoy a career with this company. Grimco requires dedication to the processes and maximum efforts. It is very rewarding and is a career opportunity, but will not be enjoyable if the desire to become part of Grimco is not with you. I remember meeting the Vice Presidents, Bob Hummert and John Burkemper in training and instantly thought to myself, "I want to work for these guys. I want to be part of this".....seeing the company growth and being able to literally see my influence clearly in the branch's numbers is self rewarding daily

Cons

If you are just looking for a "job" Grimco is not for you. These are careers and opportunitiy driven positions

Advice to Management

Continue to share experiences and growth results. The Presidents, Vice-Presidents, Regional Managers and Branch Managers are all open for conversation and questions. Continue to work as a team, promote from within like you are now and develop new leaders in every branch monthly and yearly.

"CDR"

Current Employee - CDR in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - CDR in Houston, TX

I have been working at Grimco full-time (More than a year)

Pros

If you take care of Grimco, they will most definitely take care of you. This is my first job out of college, and I would recommend it to anyone interested in sales, or to someone who knows they want to be in a business setting, but aren't quite sure of what they want from it. You're given so many opportunities to grow the company and work from every angle of the business. There's always a new opportunity - you just have to want it. Aside from just the company as a whole, the people I get to work with everyday are amazing. It's a very positive, fun, and exciting environment.

Cons

With great power comes great responsibility. As previously mentioned, you're presented with so many amazing opportunities and clients, that it does get difficult to juggle. It has definitely taught me to prioritize. It's a constant, growing, changing company, so there's always something new to tackle. There are times that it's tough to get it all done because our sales focus changes so frequently.

Advice to Management

n/a... Another beautiful thing about Grimco? You're able to shoot suggestions over to them anytime you want. I feel comfortable enough with my company that I've given them all the suggestions I have. There's no need to give "advice" on a reviews website... I just pick up the phone / shoot an email with my inquiry, and we have an actual conversation about it.