Grindstone Reviews | Glassdoor

1. "Great Company"

Former Employee - Vice President of Operations
    Former Employee - Vice President of Operations

I worked at Grindstone full-time

Pros

Excellent company to work for, and has been established for over 10 years. The CEO of the company and management work well with both clients and employees. The CEO has a future vision for the company, and is able to make changes to keep the company growing through changing times. A legitimate and credible work from home opportunity. Management operates with ethics and integrity. Able to hire top notch talent due to having a remote operations model.

Cons

None that I can think of. It is call center work and a results driven environment which some people will not like.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing!

2. "Great place to work if ypu dont mind not getting work and no money"

I worked at Grindstone full-time

Pros

Decent weekly pay via direct deposit

Cons

I was there for a year and a half and i went through periods where the flighty management will leave one without work for months ,when you tell them you need work they repeat themselves like robots saying they havent found work yet....i wish karma on the management that one day they will be struggling without work tryin to,pay bill with very little money

Advice to Management

DONT GIVE EMPLOYEES THE RUN AROUND HAVING THEM SIT AROUND WONDERING IF WORK WILL COME IN OR IF THEY SHOULD JUST FIND ANOTHER JOB DONT LEAVE PEOPLE GUESSING AND WONDERING, ANOTHER WORDS GROW UP AND LEARN TO BE PROFESSIONAL

"Poor Management, Low Pay, Hardly any work"

Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor
    Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I have been working at Grindstone as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

They pay hourly and have direct deposit.

Cons

Management is horrible. They are rude and they curse like a bunch of sailors. They are alway talking about how many anti depressant pills they are on during phone meetings and it makes you depress. They are brash. They will promise you 40 hours a week...I NEVER got more than 15-25.

Advice to Management

They just need different management. They don't have it together at all.

4. "Didn't even bother to fire me"

Pros

daily expectations from sups in morning conference call

Cons

Training was a mish mash at best.
    I was told I was getting one job but never got it
    I was put onto a dying account with an hour of training, then given another account with so many restrictions no one could manage to sell it
    I was told I would be getting another account and to just wait it out, would remind them once a week and showed up every single day to their early morning conference call. I fell down the stairs and hurt my back and was out for 2 days and no one even noticed at that point I realized I'd been let go 3 weeks earlier with no one bothering to even tell me about it.

Advice to Management

Give employees a real chance and don't let them hang for 3 weeks hoping to get paid without bothering to tell them they've been fired.

5. "OK"

Former Contractor - Caller in Florence, AL
    Former Contractor - Caller in Florence, AL

I worked at Grindstone as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

Paid a set hourly price to work from home. Pay is reliable

Cons

Shady management...promises unkept> I worked for this company for 2 years with hopes to manage and they strung me along...I did not feel like they were honest and fair.

Advice to Management

Don't string hardworking and loyal agents along and lie to them when they try to better themselves within your company...