Grizzly Industrial Inc. Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

3.4
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Shiraz Balolia

"It was an excellent environment to work in, with the potential for annual raises with your review, and end of year bonus"

Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Bellingham, WA
    Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Bellingham, WA

I worked at Grizzly Industrial Inc. full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Excellent environment, great people, and caring management, flexible schedules and occasional overtime if you want it.

Cons

No cons that I can think of. Great environment and beautiful location. Would gladly work there again if I hadn't relocated

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work

2. "Non-disclosure of material facts"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Springfield, MO
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Springfield, MO

I worked at Grizzly Industrial Inc. full-time

Pros

None that I can think of

Cons

Company not honest or forthcoming about what to expect with employment and working conditions. Most employees miserable and attribute most problems to owner's greed and lack of concern about employees and working conditions.

Advice to Management

Lobby owner with industry stats and info to upgrade working conditions and employee benefits. If he simply refuses to care, not much you can do.

Grizzly Industrial Inc. Response

Feb 22, 2017 – President

Unable to make sense of this review. People that want to work hard for the company and themselves get paid really well. We have a very large staff of loyal employees of which at least 55 have ... More

"Technical Writer"

Former Employee - Technical Writer in Bellingham, WA
    Former Employee - Technical Writer in Bellingham, WA

I worked at Grizzly Industrial Inc. full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Coworkers were all very supportive, inclusive, and friendly. A lending library was also established for employees, and was a tremendous asset.

Cons

Management was terrible and constantly reevaluating is policy, with no time given to see the actual effect policy change had. Very restrictive dress codes. Ridiculous adherence to time clocks.

Advice to Management

Employees are assets, not children. They could stand to be treated like adults, and if management takes issue with an employee's mannerisms or approach, the issue should be addressed directly, not become the subject of endless meetings.

Grizzly Industrial Inc. Response

Feb 28, 2017 – President

Thanks for the advice. Been there, done that! Most people think that policies just come about because management has nothing better to do. Policies actually come about because of various abuses ... More

5. "Employment Review"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bellingham, WA

I have been working at Grizzly Industrial Inc. full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I feel very fortunate to be working with such a great group. The combined knowledge and ability to help me on-the-fly with any questions I may have has been outstanding. There is a process for each step--a well-oiled machine of a company.

Cons

The only downside I can see thus far would also go hand-in-hand with that I mentioned in the Pros column: process structure. Sometimes the rigidity of a predetermined process can interfere with innovation on the ground level, though they (the processes) are in place because they do work!

Advice to Management

Everyone has done a great job of getting me up to speed, from HR all the way up, I appreciate the thoughtful feedback from my managers.

"supervisor"

Former Employee - Supervisor in Muncy, PA
    Former Employee - Supervisor in Muncy, PA

I worked at Grizzly Industrial Inc. full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The company has a solid place in their niche of the market and lots of loyal customers. If you work hard and want to follow directions- you are in the right place. Many of my co workers were long time employees and were very helpful.

Cons

The local management rules by dictatorship and fear. the corporate management doesn't see what is happening on the front lines and thinks everything is fine. There is a big disconnect from the mission of great customer service and actually allowing the employees to do that. They keep customer service and sales completely understaffed and undertrained.

Advice to Management

provide time to train and keep up to date on the products. An hour a month is not real training. and trust and respect your employees- you hired them there must have been a good reason.

"Awesome Place to Work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Springfield, MO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Springfield, MO

I have been working at Grizzly Industrial Inc. full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I have worked at Grizzly for many years and can say in all honesty the Company is the best I have ever worked for. You are rewarded for your hard work and loyalty. The team environment is what makes it all work. You are treated with respect and given many opportunities to grow and advance. Customer service is our main focus and we have the best in the industry. Our training programs are designed to help every employee succeed. We have many employees that have 15 plus years with Grizzly and still love what they do. If you are looking for a stable company, with good pay and benefits, advancement opportunity, and a team environment, Grizzly may be what you are looking for.

Cons

Grizzly Industrial is not for everyone, we are very structured and results driven, but that is some of what makes us the best in our industry. If you do not like punching a time clock or coming to work on time or in fact working while you are here this may not be for you.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

"Amazing Employer"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bellingham, WA

Pros

- Training. Almost every position has a training plan assigned to it. The training includes everything from basic functions of the position all the way up to in-depth leadership training. There is also a focus on cross-training with other positions so you are trained to do other positions as well.
    - Benefits. Medical and dental benefits are great and seem to be competitive with many other employers. There's also an FSA, 401(k) plan and paid time off.
    - Management. Management seems to really care about the success of their employees. They work hard to coach through issues and make sure employees have everything they need to do their job.
    - Job security. Grizzly is a growing company but focuses on lean staffing. They don't hire people for unnecessary or short-term jobs. When you are hired, you're hired for the long haul and don't have to worry about layoffs or anything of that sort.
    - Schedule. The office closes at 5 and you are expected to leave at that time. There is also no weekend work, except for one Saturday a year where everyone works for the annual tent sale. This makes it very easy for having a life outside of work. They are also very flexible about scheduling appointments during working hours or working a different shift if necessary.

Cons

Grizzly isn't for everyone. They promote that they are a structured environment and have very high standards for their employees, which is true. Anyone who has a hard time being at work consistently or on time, or who can't follow rules and policies won't succeed here. The rules are spelled out in black and white and are very reasonable, but may not work for someone who can't work in a professional environment. I, personally, have never had a problem, but I also appreciate knowing exactly what is expected and not having to deal with "gray areas."

"Seasonal employee - Exit interview questions"

Former Employee - Seasonal Call Center in Muncy, PA
    Former Employee - Seasonal Call Center in Muncy, PA

Pros

As I sit and wait for a return phone call on where my check is since I said I would pick it up when asked and being told they were mailed. I felt good as any time to review their company. This is partial to exit interview paper as in some areas were asked to grade on scale and I chose to put remarks instead.

What aspects of grizzly will you miss the most?
    Grizzly has managed to hire the nicest and friendliest of people. This amazes me as once you are on the floor working, conditions seem to crumble.

What aspects of grizzly will you miss the least?
    That the Grizzly management team is not able to be consistent with answers, policies, and procedures. Why is Supervisor allowed to act more in charge than Manager?

Supervision received
    When we are told 1 call resolution, than told to call customer back, than told to never call customer back, so which is it? It seems to depend on supervisor, PIC or their mood or situation with them. This is a great example of the inconsistency.

Company Communications
    Communication system works well with communicating with employees.

Feedback on Performance
    This was done in a professional manner. Trainer did a great job with my feedback session. Unfortunately not only Trainer but Supervisor, PIC listening to phone calls and having no one to help with situations leaves much to be desired and great frustration. My suggestion would be that when you are going to have a person listen to calls than there should be another individual available to help with the phone call issues. This is not the case on nights or certain Saturdays.

Training Opportunities
        This wasn’t applicable to me but I would like to comment on 3 weeks of training. This could easily be done in one week classroom, one week machines and policies and procedures, and last week with on the phones, and really having a person there to help the entire time. The jumping around in the material back and forth on the pages, especially in the machine sections was found to be extremely confusing. Keep the idle talk to a minimum and stay focused on the training.

Work hours/schedule
    Would be better if days off were Friday or Mondays so all employees could have a 3 day weekend. This also may be a way of keeping employees from not calling in if they felt like they had some time to do things on their rotating weeks.

Benefits, Salary and Advancement
        This did not apply to me.

Coworkers
    All coworkers seem to work well together although if given a chance and they weren’t afraid to speak I believe they would tell you how certain individuals are picked on, how one Supervisor flips from nice and happy to totally polar extreme. I would tend to believe the workload has a lot to do with this. Supervisor has treated each of us seasonal as if we were in grade school. This was very degrading to each one of us. A few examples: Being told I was not allowed to use restroom on way to training. Hearing Supervisor tell co-worker she could not help when we could not get in touch with Supervisor. Hearing Supervisor tell co-worker she could not sit at her desk at break. This should be a telling sign of 6 in training, 2 leave within a month, two same day and the other two are beyond stressed. I would think this would be a telltale sign of things are not good and change needs to be made. I also believe Grizzly’s management team would not want with their company.

Challenging Work
    Not being able to find help with job function with Supervisor, PIC or management very challenging, Leaving every single time this has had happened was a continual thought. This especially so when you see them sitting in their office, or in particular one time at night Supervisor on headphones listening to calls instead of helping us.

Honesty
    This is a hard one as when you get different answers from every, PIC, supervisor, or management team, so just who is being honest or should I say correct. I will give the example of asking about the rules for winter weather. The policy was given different each time asked.

Trust
        I would say not many employees trust what the consequences would be if they actually spoke what they really thought or what was really happening on their shift.

Team Work
    There is team work as much as possible except for when you need help than when management is unavailable and they aren’t allowed out of their seats to help us. They apologize but don’t want to get in trouble.

Ethic and Integrity
        I believe you have a company that is trying to be very ethical and have great integrity and think that with changes in your call center that this could happen. I do believe changes need to be made for this to happen though. My suggestions would be as follows:
        Get your management team to be consistent on policies and procedures.
    Not allow one supervisor the power she has if she cannot treat adults as adults instead of children. Reducing her workload would probably help with this.
    By allowing agents the ability to help the seasonal when management is not available, remembering we are only their as seasonals not permanent employees.
    Restructure your training and work schedule to what to suggestion above.
    Perhaps have upper management somewhere up on the floor when no management is aware of this to see what really is going on, similar to Undercover Boss.
    Although you read these exit interviews, I believe there is never enough action taken on what the exiting employees write and this is why there is problem after problem and why you cannot get employees. The case where you could not get anyone except one to come back after two left, and her work ethics on attendance are much to be desired. Rumors that have been heard on your companies call center seem to be quite true. Hopefully someone will soon listen.
    Thank you for this opportunity to work for Grizzly. I hope you take some of these suggestions to create and have a better workplace.
    Although my time at Grizzly was extremely short lived and I left for another position, from what was seen, heard, and experienced is my experience.

Cons

Cons and advice to management are all in Pros.

Advice to Management

Cons and advice to management are all in Pros

10. "I like the "TEAM" environment!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Muncy, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Muncy, PA

I have been working at Grizzly Industrial Inc. full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I enjoy all of the vacation time that I have. I have been with Grizzly for 16 years.

Cons

In the past, we have had to put up with some poor management. But, as expected, that was taken care of and that Manager no longer works here.

Advice to Management

Great job with pushing the team work and the great training that has helped me succeed with my jobs here at Grizzly! Keep up the good work management team!

11. "Steady, dependable employment"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Bellingham, WA
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Bellingham, WA

I have been working at Grizzly Industrial Inc. full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I've worked at Grizzly for about two years now and it is by far the best place that I have ever worked. The hours are consistent, the people are fantastic, and the work is engaging and challenging. My experience with Grizzly is that while they do expect you to work hard and get your tasks done, they have no problem being flexible and considerate if you need to leave early for an appointment or if there is an emergency. Grizzly seems to value hard workers, and they have no issue in rewarding and showing recognition for the employees who deserve it. I have never worked for a company who treats their employees as well as Grizzly does.

Not everyone is fit to work at Grizzly, they have a very fast-paced environment. They expect you to be on time, and be able to jump in to your work right away. But, if you are struggling with your work load or if you need assistance they are excellent at providing you with the tools and support you need to do your job.

Cons

The fast-paced environment can be a challenge, it's not a fit for everyone.