Found 672 of over 708 reviews
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "People are nice and funny." (in 47 reviews)
- "Some of my favorite things were talking to the costumer that come in regularly, getting the morning shifts, and having great coworkers to work with." (in 38 reviews)
- "It's a unique place with a great culture." (in 22 reviews)
- "I enjoyed the flexible hours" (in 16 reviews)
- "Flexible schedule and nice owner" (in 15 reviews)
- "Low pay and some bad employees" (in 54 reviews)
- "No benefits with the exception of Christmas time we got 10% off for a week or two" (in 40 reviews)
- "The management is poor and you get yelled at for things that either aren’t your fault or things you weren’t even trained for." (in 37 reviews)
- "Store owners and managers do not give employees any credit for their outstanding performance even when it is pointed out by customers." (in 16 reviews)
- "Short staffed, no call outs, minimum wage is $13" (in 11 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Grocery Outlet and is not affected by filters.
- Race / Ethnicity
- Sexual Orientation
- Parent or Family Caregiver
- Veteran Status
- 5.0Sep 27, 2023CashierCurrent Employee, more than 3 yearsLodi, CA
Owners are great people to work with.
Pay could be a little better.Grocery Outlet Response2d
Thank you for sharing your experience as a Cashier. As you know, our stores are independently owned and operated. I would encourage you to reach out to your store’s independent owner to share more about your experience. Best of luck in your career endeavors!
- Grocery Outlet - Stores | Division of Grocery OutletSep 6, 20231.0ManagementFormer Employee, more than 3 yearsSpokane, WA
There are really no pros in working for most Grocery Outlets.
Low pay, no holidays, no paid vacation, no health insurance, no retirement, no benefits, cut hours, high turnover, no support from store management to move forward but they lead you to believe for years you will move forward only to use you as long as they can. Some of their store owners are felons. Some are mentally ill and abusive to their staff and have warrants for their arrest in various states. Most store owners are high school drop outs or graduates with no management experience, no people skills, envious of their student employees who are trying to better themselves.Grocery Outlet Response4w
Thank you for your feedback as a Manager in Spokane, WA. We're sorry to hear that tough work environment. We are working to pass this information along to the appropriate parties so that we can work to strengthen the experience of every employee who enters our stores. Thanks!
Grocery Outlet Reviews FAQs
Grocery Outlet has an overall rating of 3.5 out of 5, based on over 708 reviews left anonymously by employees. 63% of employees would recommend working at Grocery Outlet to a friend and 62% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.
63% of Grocery Outlet employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Grocery Outlet 3.3 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.5 for culture and values and 3.2 for career opportunities.