KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Eric Lindberg

Featured Divisions of Grocery Outlet

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
  • "Low pay; you're suck forever as Cashier(in 41 reviews)
  • "The management is poor and you get yelled at for things that either aren’t your fault or things you weren’t even trained for.(in 37 reviews)
  • "Doesn't allow employees to work full time (no benefits)(in 32 reviews)
  • "Store owners and managers do not give employees any credit for their outstanding performance even when it is pointed out by customers.(in 15 reviews)
  • "Short staffed, no call outs, minimum wage is $13(in 10 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Grocery Outlet and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. Grocery Outlet - Stores | Division of Grocery Outlet

Amazing

Jul 6, 2022 - Grocery Outlet in Tulare, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Amazing co workers, fun environment

Cons

Pay isn’t the best Cashier isn’t the funest job

2. Grocery Outlet - Corporate | Division of Grocery Outlet

Great place to work

Jun 29, 2022 - Clerk
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great place of employment for all ages.

Cons

The pay is not always the greatest.

3. Grocery Outlet - Stores | Division of Grocery Outlet
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great place

Jun 29, 2022 - Cashier
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great management and amazing co-workers

Cons

Very low pay compared to other places.

4. Grocery Outlet - Stores | Division of Grocery Outlet
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Employment

Jun 26, 2022 - Cashier
    Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible hours management very nice and respectful.

Cons

Pays minimum wage only No medical benefits

Corporate Recruiter

Thank you for sharing your experience as a Cashier. We're glad to hear you had such a great experience with us and that you felt appreciated throughout your time at work! As you know, our stores are independently owned and operated. I would encourage you to reach out to your store’s independent owner to share more about your experience. Best of luck in your career endeavors!

5. Grocery Outlet - Stores | Division of Grocery Outlet
    Former Employee

Love my Job!! (Owners need to care more)

Jun 27, 2022 - Grocery Store Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Equal opportunity for everyone to grow.

Cons

Choosing and training better candidates for store owners.

Corporate Recruiter

Thank you for sharing your experience as a Store Manager. As you know, our stores are independently owned and operated. I would encourage you to reach out to your store’s independent owner to share more about your experience. Best of luck in your career endeavors!

6. Grocery Outlet - Stores | Division of Grocery Outlet
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Expected work everyday

Jun 19, 2022 - Sales Associate/Cashier in Concord, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

You know what to expect Working here.

Cons

It's easy to get stuck working for this company forever

Corporate Recruiter

Thank you for sharing your experience as a Cashier. We're glad to hear you had a positive experience with us! We work to foster a family friendly environment. As you know, our stores are independently owned and operated. I would encourage you to reach out to your store’s independent owner to share more about your experience. Best of luck in your career endeavors!

7. Grocery Outlet - Stores | Division of Grocery Outlet

Decent job

Jul 2, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible hours, good staff, clear scheduling

Cons

Repetitive, short lunch, heavy lifting at times

8. Grocery Outlet - Stores | Division of Grocery Outlet

Cashier

Jun 14, 2022 - Retail Sales Associate
    Business Outlook

Pros

Cash bonus, dealing with customers

Cons

Hard, physical, Hot and some mean customers

Corporate Recruiter

Thank you for sharing your experience as a Sales Associate. As you know, our stores are independently owned and operated. I would encourage you to reach out to your store’s independent owner to share more about your experience. Best of luck in your career endeavors!

9. 3.0
    Current Employee

LC

Jun 27, 2022 - Learning Coach
    Business Outlook

Pros

Collaborative work, friendly environment and room for future expansion

Cons

Hiring process and initial pay

Corporate Recruiter

Thank you for sharing your experience as a Learning Coach. We're glad to hear you enjoyed the working environment. We pride ourselves in everyone feeling like "family" here! Please feel free to reach out to me directly in order to discuss the hiring process more in detail: 510-381-0879.

10. Grocery Outlet - Stores | Division of Grocery Outlet
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

It’s okay

Jun 21, 2022 - Aot
    Business Outlook

Pros

Learn some cool new things

Cons

I’m store training is more like free labor for IOs

Corporate Recruiter

Thank you for sharing your experience as an AOT. We're glad to hear you've had the chance to learn a lot in your new role with us and are excited to take on your next store. We understand the training process can be a lot and work to best prepare our AOT's to take on a store; supplying all of the tools they may need. We will be sure to pass along this feedback to the appropriate parties.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 548 Reviews

Grocery Outlet Reviews FAQs

Grocery Outlet has an overall rating of 3.6 out of 5, based on over 574 reviews left anonymously by employees. 64% of employees would recommend working at Grocery Outlet to a friend and 47% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -4% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Grocery Outlet employees rate their compensation and benefits as 2.5 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Grocery Outlet. This rating has decreased by -9% over the last 12 months.

64% of Grocery Outlet employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Grocery Outlet 3.3 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.5 for culture and values and 3.1 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Grocery Outlet to be career development, culture, coworkers and the cons to be diversity and inclusion, benefits, management.

Popular Careers with Grocery Outlet Job Seekers

JobsSalariesInterviews

Work at Grocery Outlet? Share Your Experiences

Grocery Outlet Careers

Cover image for Grocery Outlet

In 1946, Jim Read started selling military surplus for deep discounts in San Francisco and Grocery Outlet has been WOWing bargain-minded...More

• Work at HQ
  • Philanthropy
  • Own a Store

Company Updates

1730 days ago

Grocery Outlet continued supporting the communities we serve with our Independence From Hunger® Food Drive campaign this past July. Our more than 270 Grocery Outlet stores partnered with a local food agency, directing support to the communities we serve. Working together with our great customers the stores raised over $1.0 million dollars. Thanks to all who supported this great cause.

2558 days ago

Grocery Outlet has launched its 5th Annual Independence From Hunger® Food Drive today to donate food throughout July, traditionally a time when food agencies experience the greatest need to serve children who are off from school during the summer. According to the Food Research and Action Center, 6 out of 7 low-income kids who eat a free or reduced-price school lunch during the academic year do not get a free meal during the summer. (Source: Food Research and Action Center, Hunger Doesn't Take a Vacation: Summer Nutrition Status Report 2012).

Grocery Outlet Photos

+ Add Photo
Grocery Outlet photo of: Grocery Outlet store
Grocery Outlet workplace photo
Grocery Outlet photo of: Love the team!
Grocery Outlet photo of: Kokoda Class