Grocery Outlet Reviews

Updated May 4, 2021

3.6
Grocery Outlet Co-CEO's Eric Lindberg/ MacGregor Read (no image)
Eric Lindberg/ MacGregor Read
Pros
  • "Flexible Scheduling, Nice Coworkers, The managers are really nice, Fun Fast Paced work environment(in 17 reviews)

• "Great place if you want to feel part of a team(in 12 reviews)

• Cons
  • "No benefits even if you are working full time(in 23 reviews)

• "Lower pay but above minimum wage, still just a grocery stocking job(in 17 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0

loose schedule

Mar 25, 2021 - Janitor/Cleaner in Chula Vista, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

loose schedule, friendly employees, easy going supervisor, naval base security

Cons

no strict payment; only got paid in tips

Corporate Recruiter

Thank you for sharing your experience as a Janitor/Cleaner. As you know, our stores are independently owned and operated. I would encourage you to reach out to your store’s independent owner to share more about your experience. Best of luck in your career endeavors!

2. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Fantastic People, Rewarding Job!

May 4, 2021 - Senior Director of Sales in Emeryville, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Unmatched culture and atmosphere that promotes creative thinking. The leadership of this company supports the culture from the very top. Great support in training and recognition for a job well done.

Cons

Retail is touch, but I don't think there is a better retail company to work with.

Corporate Recruiter

Thank you for sharing your feedback- we're glad to hear you're having an amazing experience with us! We agree that our culture is unmatched. The fun that we have at work with one another really allows it to feel like more of a family than anything else. Leadership works very hard to support the culture as a whole as well as provide recognition whenever possible. Please tell your friends!

3. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Great Culture!

Apr 17, 2021 - Senior Director Sales and Merchandising in Los Angeles, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

I love having the ability to innovate and empower my team to think outside the box as we strive to be the very best in the food retail space. Our culture of teamwork and personal accountability while we nurture our relationship with the Independent Owner/Operator is very special. We are a growth company and the pace is fast, and our executive leadership are best in class and very diverse.

Cons

As I said, we are a fast paced company and it can get tough to take time off during some periods, but the work is all around growth, so you need to be able to keep up.

Corporate Recruiter

Thank you for sharing your experience with us! We take pride in our culture as well as the relationships we have built with our IO's- we like to think of it as one big family. We're so glad to hear that this has been your experience as well as what has kept you here for so long.

4. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

fun place to work

May 4, 2021 - Sales Associate in Reading, PA
      Business Outlook

Pros

locally owned and operated. Good community vibe.

Cons

low pay and no benefits for most store jobs.

Corporate Recruiter

Thank you for sharing your experience as a Sales Associate. We love the community vibe too! As you know, our stores are independently owned and operated. I would encourage you to reach out to your store’s independent owner to share more about your experience. Best of luck in your career endeavors!

5. 5.0

Good part time job

May 4, 2021 - Cashier
      Business Outlook

Pros

How flexible they are with schedule

Cons

The rudeness you have to endure from customers

Corporate Recruiter

Thank you for sharing your experience as a Cashier. As you know, our stores are independently owned and operated. I would encourage you to reach out to your store’s independent owner to share more about your experience. Best of luck in your career endeavors!

6. 5.0

AOT

Apr 27, 2021 - Aot
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great future, positive environment, you create your own future, amazing products, great margins, great future, just an awesome place to work.

Cons

Wish the deliveries came in on better pallets

Corporate Recruiter

Thank you for sharing your feedback as an AOT with us- we love our environment too! We pride ourselves on being a family friendly, cohesive environment where everyone can be themselves at work. Please tell your friends!

7. 4.0

Cashier

Apr 28, 2021 - Cashier in Santa Maria, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Costumer Service, Good products, Team players,

Cons

more cleaning, more cashiers, small store

Corporate Recruiter

Thank you for sharing your experience as a Cashier. We're glad to hear that you've had a good experience in your work environment overall. As you know, our stores are independently owned and operated. I would encourage you to reach out to your store’s independent owner to share more about your experience. Best of luck in your career endeavors!

8. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Grocery Outlet Altadena

Mar 12, 2021 - Front End Cashier in Altadena, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

10% employee discount on most items in addition to low prices Friendly coworkers

Cons

No pay raises unless for significant promotion (new employees paid the same as those more experienced) Severe absence of employees designated for essential roles such as loss prevention, bagging assistance, and custodial duties Even minor misbehavior or mistakes can and will result in the severe and nonconsensual cutting of hours by the branch owner, which threatens and impedes the livelihoods of the employees relying on their job to pay the bills

Corporate Recruiter

Thank you for sharing your experience as a Front End Cashier in Altadena, CA. As you know, our stores are independently owned and operated. I would encourage you to reach out to your store’s independent owner to share more about your experience. Best of luck in your career endeavors!

9. 4.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Good

Apr 18, 2021 - Director in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

Very good company to work for

Cons

The pay is not that great

Corporate Recruiter

Thank you for sharing your experience as a Director. We're glad that you've had a positive experience with the company and the environment. Best of luck in your career endeavors!

10. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great place (with the right people)

Apr 7, 2021 - Grocery Clerk in Norco, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Friendly, works with their employees (owners) to get them set up

Cons

Sometimes the owners are not a good fit.

Corporate Recruiter

Thank you for sharing your experience as a Grocery Clerk. As you know, our stores are independently owned and operated. I would encourage you to reach out to your store’s independent owner to share more about your experience. Best of luck in your career endeavors!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 386 Reviews