KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Found 148 of over 148 reviews

Groendyke Transport Chairman | President and CEO John D. Groendyke |Greg Hodgen
John D. Groendyke |Greg Hodgen

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Great people to work with(in 9 reviews)
  • "They have competitive benefits (BCBS) and decent 401k matching 2.5 percent(in 5 reviews)
  • "You can make good money without having to being out on the road for weeks at a time.(in 5 reviews)
  • "Always accommodating with personal time off and emergencies.(in 4 reviews)
  • "Great equipment to work with(in 3 reviews)
Cons
  • "every terminal doesnt have the great terminal managers such as i had.(in 8 reviews)
  • "Better pay! but that is always the case no matter who you work for.(in 8 reviews)
  • "Higher than average insurance(in 6 reviews)
  • "FORCED to work days off due to management's inept scheduling.(in 6 reviews)
  • "Shop and tank wash’s get HUGE bonus as Christmas time.(in 2 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Sexual Orientation

This rating reflects the overall rating of Groendyke Transport and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0

tanker driver

Jul 10, 2022 - CDL Driver
    Business Outlook

Pros

flexible hours great good pay home every night

Cons

demanding hours work weekends not for everybody

Communications and Brand Development Manager

Thank you for the review! We're glad to hear you're having a good experience with Groendyke. If you ever have questions or concerns, feel free to reach out to the Groendyke Talent Office at 580-234-4663.

2. 1.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Horrible company Tulsa - back-stabbers

Aug 1, 2022 - Chemical Driver in East Tulsa, OK
    Business Outlook

Pros

They work with your schedule.

Cons

I had a very negative experience during training that is of great concern. I was lied to, demeaned and just treated very lousy. I have a concern about the Tulsa location where Jaso Billows and Mike Whiteman work. They basically took turns telling me how lousy I was for about an hour back and fourth. I was then sent to another trainer Mike Reese who stated I was catching on quickly, I knew the job and was doing very well. The next day I was told to come into the office instead of going with my trainer on a load. The person above Jason proceeded to tell me that I was not catching on after 28 days and they had to let me go. I told him that Mike Reece just told me yesterday that I was catching on quickly and that I knew the job well. He just kept repeating that I was not catching on after 28 days and they had to let me go.

Communications and Brand Development Manager

Thank you for taking the time to discuss this with a member of our Talent Office. At Groendyke Transport, we pride ourselves on our professionalism and treating each and every employee with respect, so we take matters like this very seriously. I want you to know that we are currently investigating this situation and plan to take appropriate action to address it.

3. 3.0
    Current Employee, more than 8 years

Not what it used to be

Jul 5, 2022 - CDL Driver
    Business Outlook

Pros

Daily Home Time Good working atmosphere only because of Terminal Manager Maintained equipment Co Workers

Cons

Pay is decreasing due to loss of work No appearance of upper administration trying to get new new work contracts Losing family atmosphere Change in upper corporate management has changed direction of company Spreading Terminal Managers too thin, usually handling 2 to 4 Terminals

Social Media Specialist

Thank you for reviewing Groendyke Transport, we are glad you are enjoying your time working with your Terminal Manager and co-workers. Rest assured, our sales team is working hard to bring in new business across the company regularly. We encourage you to reach out to the Talent Office during normal business hours at 580-234-4663 so we can take a closer look at the loads available at your specific location.

4. 2.0

Dont work here

Jul 10, 2022 - Driver in Saint Louis, MO
    Business Outlook

Pros

Home daily about it .

Cons

Cheap and greedy company.. turning into nothing but a “butts in the seat” type company. They do the minimum they can get away with for drivers

5 people found this review helpful

Social Media Specialist

Thank you for your review, we appreciate open reviews that allow us to improve as a company. We have been continuously putting in efforts to increase driver satisfaction within the company. One of these being pay among our drivers, we’ve provided pay increases across the board as well as an increase of PTO recently. We also offer bonuses and other perks for years of service as well as safe driving. That said, we would certainly like to know your specific situation to see what we can do to help. We would welcome a call to the Groendyke Talent Office during regular business hours at 580-234-4663 so we can discuss. During that call, we can also get you in touch with our Benefits Team to discuss health insurance.

5. 3.0

Jun 29, 2022 - Terminal Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Consistent work and good clients.

Cons

Losing family atmosphere, eliminating positions. Employees in the field leaving the company. Other than drivers or possible corporate, they are not current on salary pay scales. Corporate is not concerned with how changes effect those in the field.

Social Media Specialist

Thank you for leaving your candid review for Groendyke Transport. We are always looking for ways to increase employee satisfaction and reviews like yours help us do so. We have seen how times are changing and have recently increased the pay for our drivers as well as increased PTO. Our efforts on this matter are ongoing and we encourage you to reach out to the Talent Office at 580-234-4663 during normal business hours to immediately address any of your concerns.

6. 5.0

Driver

Jun 3, 2022 - Class A Truck Driver
    Business Outlook

Pros

As a driver they really treat you with respect and dignity

Cons

Work 6 days a week

Social Media Specialist

Thank you for your review! We are glad to hear that you are happy overall with your career at Groendyke Transport, we also love hearing that our employees feel respected and are being treated well. If you ever need anything or have any questions, you can always reach out via social media or by contacting the Talent Office during normal business hours.

7. 3.0

Passing grade

Nov 19, 2021 - Professional Truck Driver in Saint Louis, MO
    Business Outlook

Pros

Terminal mangers are chill, willing to work with drivers on route and load issues. Equipment is generally in good condition.

Cons

Mostly outdoor work. Company does not provide sufficiently warm clothing, which due to the product hauled, must be fire resistant. Driver must supply this at own expense. Deceptive hiring practices claim drivers could earn up to 100K/year. However, these drivers are night shift only, and are willing to sacrifice a life for work. Rolling stock is starting to show its age, and even though terminal has a truck wash, trucks are rarely cycled through this process. Pay is per load, which is mentioned in recruiting, but as noted previously, can vary greatly. Piecework, basically. Vision insurance poor. No vision program for prescription safety glasses. Must use company vision insurance out of pocket. One lens replacement per year on VSP plan. High deductible in medical insurance.

1 person found this review helpful

Social Media Specialist

Thank you for your review, we strive to make sure all our employees are satisfied with their time with Groendyke Transport. It is unfortunate that your onboarding experience has not met expectations. We’d like to investigate your concerns further because we pride ourselves on being honest in our recruiting efforts and hiring practices. While it’s true we do have several drivers who make six figures annually, that potential should not be represented as a starting income. If you’d like to share more details, please call our Talent Office at 580-234-4663. If you’d like to request items to be added to your uniform, let us know by contacting your Terminal Manager or Field Safety Coordinator so we can address it. To address your other point, our vision insurance is completely paid for by the company and provides one prescription per year with a frame/contact allowance. If you have any more questions regarding benefits, please reach out to the Talent Office and they can assist you further. Also, our rolling stock is some of the newest in the industry as we’re on an advanced trade cycle to ensure our equipment has the latest in safety technology such as collision mitigation systems, air disc brakes and lane-departure detection. We hope this helps and look forward to hearing from you soon!

8. 2.0
    Current Employee

This company fails to face facts

Jan 2, 2022 - Class A Truck Driver in Wichita, KS
    Business Outlook

Pros

The local, home daily drivers, like working here because of convenience. Any truthful regional driver, is not happy with the way things are going.

Cons

This company doesn't care about their drivers, just covering the loads so they make more money.

4 people found this review helpful

Communications and Brand Development Manager

Thank you for the review. We’d really like to know details of why you’re dissatisfied and feel unappreciated as a regional driver. I can assure you we do listen to these reviews, and our responses are genuine. The unfortunate thing is that there are typically not enough details in these reviews for us to take meaningful action on the review alone. This is why we always request the reviewer contact the Talent Office at 580-234-4663, or, as a current employee, our anonymous ethics hotline at 1-855-467-3462 so more details can be gathered and action taken. Especially as a current employee, you have methods at your disposal for voicing your concerns that will lead to resolution. Unfortunately, while reviews on Glassdoor can be helpful for prospective employees of a company, they don’t provide the necessary detail and therefore don’t work as an avenue for helping us track down issues and correct them. I encourage you to contact one of the numbers above and voice your concerns so we can find out what’s going on and fix the issue.

9. 5.0

Awesome

Jan 27, 2022 - Driver Instructor in Jacksonville, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Monday- Friday. Great Pay. Great home time. Great Safety

Cons

Insurance plans Suck! Driver facing cameras can be a pain in the rear

Social Media Specialist

We’d like to thank you for writing your review as they give us great insight and a closer look at the needs of our drivers. We are very happy to see that you have an abundance of pros within your review! It is unfortunate, however, to see you’re feeling a bit discouraged with our insurance plans. If you’d like to contact our Benefits Team to answer any questions you may have, you can give them a call during normal business hours at 580-234-4663. We also encourage reaching out to your Terminal Manager or heading over to our Good to Great form on the GT Mobile App for any suggestions, we’d love to hear them!

10. 3.0

Mixed feelings

Aug 17, 2021 - Truck Driver in Houston, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

newer equipment, newer trailers, newer terminals

Cons

pay management dispatch home time driver-facing cameras governed at 65 mph

4 people found this review helpful

Communications and Brand Development Manager

Thank you for the review. It sounds like you have a lot of concerns, and we want to help. To do that, we’ll need more specifics about your situation and the issues you’re having. As a current employee, there are several ways to get the ball rolling. You can speak to your Terminal Manager, call 580-234-4663 and ask for a member of the Groendyke Talent Office, or call the anonymous ethics hotline at 1-855-467-3462. We hope to hear from you soon. Our goal is to make sure our drivers, and all our employees, are treated with respect and feel fulfilled in their careers.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 148 Reviews

Groendyke Transport Reviews FAQs

Groendyke Transport has an overall rating of 3.0 out of 5, based on over 148 reviews left anonymously by employees. 45% of employees would recommend working at Groendyke Transport to a friend and 38% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Groendyke Transport employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.0 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Groendyke Transport. This rating has improved by 8% over the last 12 months.

45% of Groendyke Transport employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Groendyke Transport 2.9 out of 5 for work life balance, 2.9 for culture and values and 2.9 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Groendyke Transport to be workplace, coworkers, compensation and the cons to be career development, management, benefits.

Popular Careers with Groendyke Transport Job Seekers