Groove Reviews

Chris Rothstein
  1. "Proud to Work Here"

Current Employee - Sales Development Representative in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Groove full-time for less than a year

Pros

There are a ton of pros that we can talk about here but I think my favorite thing about Groove is the leadership that we have. Never is there a time where I feel that my managers aren't looking to help me improve and looking for feedback so that they can improve. It is awesome to have the transparency that they have and feel comfortable to talk about whatever your needs may be. I truly feel that my sales career here at Groove has no limit and I am being set up for success every day I work here!

Cons

Honestly nothing that comes to mind.

"Great Company, Great People"

Current Employee - Product Support Specialist in South San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Groove full-time for less than a year

Pros

Many pros about working here, but to just name a few: - great benefits, competitive pay - positive and fun work environment, strong work ethic throughout the office - kind and fun coworkers, always there to help - upper management not focused on punishing people for mistakes, rather focused on improvement and betterment of the product and team - constantly stocked pantry!

Cons

Genuinely am having a hard time coming up with cons. One I can think of: startup culture in general can get pretty hectic by nature. Sometimes an employee may need to leave what they're doing in the moment to fix a bigger problem elsewhere.

Continue reading

"A tactfully run team of compassionate people, offering ample opportunity for growth"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Groove full-time for less than a year

Pros

It's hard to come by such a talented, compassionate, and energizing team to work with in this industry, but Groove delivers on all marks in my book. In the engineering department specifically, there are always interesting technical challenges to be solved, and we are given time and flexibility to deliver quality solutions. One quality in particular that I appreciate is our ability to ensure that technical solutions are aligned with company goals-- in my experience across different engineering organizations, this tends to be a major pain point.

Cons

We're a startup tech company, and as such, we are sometimes building the road while the car is in motion. If you're uncomfortable working in an organization that is structurally in flux, you should be pursuing opportunities with larger organizations, in my opinion.

Continue reading

"Great Culture, Work Life Balance, I Believe in the Product"

Current Employee - Product Support Specialist in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Groove full-time for less than a year

Pros

-Everyone I work with is kind and friendly. It's cool to see how many different personalities can mesh together -People here actually believe in the product and you can see it in their work ethic. -The CEO is on the ground working with you. This is the kind of leadership that gets employees to actually want to work and be passionate in providing top tier support. -A lot of room to grow within the company since it is growing quickly and there is a lot of oppurtunity to create new positions.

Cons

-Sometimes I feel understaffed. But we are continuously trying to hire so that should fix that -Could get more catered meals

5. "From company culture to the product itself, Groove is a superior place to work"

Current Employee - Product Support Specialist in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Groove full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Amazing company culture - it has been Groove's intention to ensure that culture scales as it continues to grow and the interview process really ensures we are finding people who are the best fit for the role and the company. - Transparency - While a lot of companies like to tout that they are transparent, I've never been at a company before where I've been able to get so much face to face time with the changemakers within the org such as the CEO and CTO. They are open to having conversations with anyone on the team regardless of the role, and you can see real change being made from suggestions at any level. - Truly superior product - Although Groove is still growing and perfecting our offering, I can truly say I believe Groove is the best in the field at what we do and that makes offering support and aiding in sales so much easier.

Cons

While I don't truly see this as a con, Groove is a rapidly going company so if you're not comfortable with coming into a role, hitting the ground running, and taking on a variety of responsibilities Groove might not be the right fit for you.

Continue reading
  6. "Excellent place to be at"

Former Employee - Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Groove full-time for more than a year

Pros

Work culture is amazing. Everyone is kind and helpful to each other. I have nothing but positive things to say about the people I work with and the culture that Groove encourages. Your input is always valued, regardless of title. Nobody is "intimidating" to approach, including the CEO and CTO. In my opinion, staying purely for the culture is a perfectly valid reason to stay, because it really is that good. Work/life balance is extremely good- staying past 5 is at MY discretion. Unlimited PTO can actually be capitalized- guilt tripping from anyone, including management.

Cons

I would recommend Groove to any prospective job-seeker in a heartbeat, but any organization has room to improve. The work can range from engaging/challenging to mundane and unstimulating. From a duty-organizational standpoint, I think there is still room to improve. The codebase health can sometimes feel questionable. Corners get cut and I honestly feel obligated to do so based on timelines given.

7. "Superb work culture"

Current Employee - Software Engineer

I have been working at Groove full-time for less than a year

Pros

The work culture is amazing. The best I've experienced, hands down. The work I do at the company has met my expectations (a good thing) and I've encountered a lot of interesting technical challenges along the way. Compensation is competitive and the benefits are really good, aside from no 401k matching.

Cons

The workflow is decent, but not perfect. It's very fast paced and corners sometimes get cut

Continue reading
  8. "Awesome place to work!"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Groove full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Great product being built by a great team - Overall company culture is really wonderful - Leadership is very transparent - Work is challenging and their is a lot of room for growth

Cons

Nothing really comes to mind

9. "Personal Impact & Excellent People"

Current Employee - Customer Success Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Groove full-time for less than a year

Pros

-Product that satisfies customers and attracts big logos -Everyone has a lot of responsibility, with minimal bureaucracy, so you can shape your role and make a meaningful impact -Agile and responsive leadership that is responsive to feedback -Culture of trust, mutual respect, and collaboration (both within and across teams)

Cons

-Because of the size of the company, each person has depth and breadth of responsibility. You will have a lot on your shoulders. For some, this is motivating and exciting. But this is not a company where you could get by with coasting.

10. "Groove"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Groove full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great place to grow your career and learn while having a fun culture

Cons

Every startup has challenges/expected change, Groove handles them well and management keeps you informed, so not a con for Groove but you have to be adapted to that environment

Found 29 reviews