Group DCA Reviews | Glassdoor

Group DCA Reviews

Updated May 30, 2018

Found 11 reviews

2.4
Group DCA CEO Nancy Lurker (no image)
Nancy Lurker
  1. "Improved and liking it..."

I have been working at Group DCA full-time

Pros

Culture has improved, leadership has arrived and saved the day! Great culture, talented people, giving environment.

Cons

Old connotations that stick with the company. It's changed so much for the better but people don't see that through the posts.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work - GDCA has come full circle and is a great place to work again.

Group DCA2014-03-04
  2. "Worst job I've had in my profession"

Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I worked at Group DCA

Pros

• few coworkers are nice to work with • pretty laid back hours and

Cons

• scatterbrained meetings • no real sense of direction • awkward disputes that can be overheard by everyone

Advice to Management

Management needs to go. Hire people that can actually manage and organize productive meetings and give recognition to the workers who actually do the work. Seems like all the credit goes to the managers.

Group DCA2016-04-08
  3. "Great people, but unstable"

I worked at Group DCA

Pros

I met a lot of great people here and gained good experience in the pharmaceutical marketing industry. Good benefits, decent pay.

Cons

Laid off employees like crazy.

Group DCA2015-10-07
  4. "sold"

I have been working at Group DCA

Pros

Good co-workers, good life work balance

Cons

poor management and CEO had no vision. Spends money like a drunken sailor

Advice to Management

The EC at PDI has to find a new CEO

Group DCA2015-02-21
  5. "Small, account-driven, directionless marketing department of a large European firm (PDI, Inc.)."

Former Employee - Creative LEad in Parsippany, NJ

I worked at Group DCA full-time for more than a year

Pros

Short days and WFH is possible.

Cons

Lack of understanding or value of any real creative thinking. Creative concepts are often dissuaded and cookie-cutter solutions persuaded. No forward thinking leadership -- creative, innovative, or otherwise. Under-valuation of projects leads to budget issues and in-fighting between departments. NO CREATIVE COLLABORATION or ideation processes between design, UX, Copy at all. Depressing corporate setting,... corporate management, and corporate business structure. NOT A DIGITAL AGENCY OR EVEN A NICHE CREATIVE SHOP -- just a subordinate to actual AORs.

Advice to Management

Improve leadership and develop an office culture?

Group DCA2015-01-28
  6. "Fine, not creative."

Former Employee - Interactive Designer in Parsippany, NJ

I worked at Group DCA full-time for less than a year

Pros

Work-life balance is great, you have the flexibility to work from home, come in late or early, leave late or early. Pay was fair, benefits were decent.

Cons

Inconsistent. Management is inconsistent in quality, some are great others are terrible. Their parent company is PDI Inc and the priorities coming from the top shift monthly, they don't know where or what to focus their energy on. Creativity is not a priority at this agency, account service runs projects and acts as creative director.

Advice to Management

Get on the same page, increase accountability, communicate better across departments.

Group DCA2014-11-25
  7. "This place is poison and sucks the life out of you!"

Current Contractor - Freelance/contract worker in Parsippany, NJ

I have been working at Group DCA for less than a year

Pros

Some (and only a select few) of the coworkers are nice when you get to know them outside the company.

Cons

Where to begin... 1. the office environment is horrendous, same with the kitchen and the bathroom 2. communication is BY FAR the worst..people talk behind your back and they won't directly confront you 3. they have unrealistic expectations on short deadlines and incompetent team members 4. things have to be repeated and spelled out and people play the blame game, so best cover your rear when you're working (and... document everything because people won't remember and accuse you) 5. very outdated technology and behind on what's current 6. management that's suffering from ADHD and does not listen to anyone else's advice 7. too many obese people 8. when issues arise, the confrontation becomes super awkward..there's a thing called professionalism and etiquette, but no one seems to know about it 9. not really related to the actual work, but this place is in the middle of nowhere!

Advice to Management

I don't even know how to fix these issues.. Maybe hire people who know what they are doing and can communicate or can compromise? Inspire your employees? Change the work environment? Get in with the times? There's just way too many issues that I find it highly impossible to help this place. I'm surprised this place even exists with the way it is functioning.

Group DCA2013-10-24
  8. "Very Dissatisfied"

Former Employee - Software Developer in Parsippany, NJ

I worked at Group DCA full-time for more than a year

Pros

The people in the trenches are great...

Cons

...just don't get too attached because they lay people off *all the time*. Management has done its best to create a toxic environment. There is no interest in raising salaries to keep them competitive. If you put in extra effort it will not be rewarded (no good deed goes unpunished).

Advice to Management

You may want to re-think the people you've put in charge. I recommend firing the lot. Then you really need to think about morale. From what I heard, the company used to do quite a bit to support its employees. I hear that there used to be barbecues and free lunch on people's birthdays... those might not be free but they are small things which would really help.

Group DCA2013-01-29
  9. "Sweatshop Environment"

Former Employee - Management Position in Parsippany, NJ

I worked at Group DCA full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Co-workers are great people. Easy commute if you live in Morris County.

Cons

Management has sweatshop mentality and works employees beyond what is healthy.

Advice to Management

Slow down the pace so employees are not so stressed.

Group DCA2012-07-12
  10. "Good"

I worked at Group DCA full-time

Pros

It's a friendly environment for employees

Cons

Position Hicks not available

Group DCA2018-05-30