Group Management Services Reviews | Glassdoor

3.8
Group Management Services CEO Mike Kahoe
Mike Kahoe

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "work life balance, great family culture and product" (in 18 reviews)

• "Work from home, reimbursement for cell/gym" (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • "No cons to mention at the moment" (in 6 reviews)

• "Sales reps are given a goal, and put on a performance improvement plan the second they don’t hit quota" (in 3 reviews)

1. "CSM"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Richfield, OH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Richfield, OH

I have been working at Group Management Services full-time

Pros

Work life balance. Great team and people.

Cons

Growing, alot of change currently. Moving to a new office building in August!

2. "Great place to work at"

I have been working at Group Management Services full-time

Pros

work life balance, co workers, atmosphere,

Cons

none that i can think of

3. "Very Good"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Cuyahoga Falls, OH
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Cuyahoga Falls, OH

I worked at Group Management Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

A great place to work

Cons

Slightly clickish and sometimes insensitive. Way to much cussing openly

Advice to Management

Thanks for the boot, I literally walked out of there into the perfect job for me. Thanks for the experience

4. "Horrible HR/Management"

I worked at Group Management Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Work from home, reimbursement for cell/gym

Cons

Extremely 'click'ish', wasn't given an opportunity to do an exit interview and I believe it's honestly because they just didn't care. Micro managing is the life and you're always wrong, opinions don't matter because the manager is always right. Outrageous client amounts at times. GMS, your loss

Advice to Management

Be more concerned, listen before it's too late and when it is too late for feedback on what could have been better. Try to keep people that are wanting to leave and/or frustrated

Group Management Services Response

Oct 22, 2018 – Human Resources Manager

We appreciate your feedback. As the HR Manager, I can assure you that we do care about our employees and we conduct exit interviews to use the feedback for any potential improvements GMS can make to... More

"Looks great from the outside"

Former Employee - Sales
    Former Employee - Sales

I worked at Group Management Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Benefits (company car, phone, gym etc) . Great people and fun environment. Very flexible.

Cons

For some of the outside markets there was major lack of communication issues. Management blames and points fingers instead of being proactive to find solutions.

Quota may be a little bit too high and unrealistic, especially for first year reps. Only about 30% of reps hit quota and most of them were in the state of Ohio (best market).

Advice to Management

Although you preach being proactive, that is not the case. Be more realistic with goals and be more open minded.

COACH your employees, don't baby them.

6. "Fine"

I worked at Group Management Services full-time

Pros

They had a flexible work environment

Cons

There are no cons to mention.

"HR Account Manager"

Current Employee - Human Resources Account Manager
    Current Employee - Human Resources Account Manager

I have been working at Group Management Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-GMS offers great benefits like a company car, computer, iPad, work from home days, cell phone and gym reimbursement, and competitive PTO.
    -I have great coworkers who are like family to me.
    -I love the work I do for my clients and that every day is different. This brings a lot of great experience.

Cons

-There is no work-life balance in the Account Manager role. Managers expect us to respond to clients after hours and on the weekends just because we are salaried. We are always expected to be "on".
    -It can take days or weeks to get responses from people in other departments because they are so overworked, yet us Account Managers are expected to respond to all internal and external requests and emails within 24 hours, even though we are overworked as well.
    -Not much room for advancement because there are only a few manager positions available.
    -Low pay for the amount and level of work we are doing.

Advice to Management

-Use your team members' strengths, rather than telling them something is wrong just because it's not the exact way you would say it. This is called micromanagement and no one wants to work under a micromanager.
    -Management needs to understand that a client's Admin does not always correlate with the amount of work you will be doing with that client. Many of our Red and Green clients are our most needy clients, but you focus so much on how much Admin we have and "What are you doing with your large clients?" and push us to do things with those clients that they don't want to do.
    -Be more transparent with the people who have to communicate changes to clients. We are told a change is being made and we are the ones who have to communicate it since we are the first point of contact for our clients, but we are usually given little to no information on the reason behind the change so clients get angry with us and threaten to leave, even if the clients love us and everything we do for them.

"Horrible sales company"

Pros

Decent pay and work life balance is good.

Cons

The head of sales has no clue what he is doing. Very frustrating when you go to that person and they tell you how to sell a suit or books in the summer! Going to HR about any matter is useless. HR sides with management every time.

Advice to Management

Get a real leader in the sales department. Or start selling suits and books!

Group Management Services Response

Jul 2, 2018 – Human Resources Manager

I am sorry to hear that you were not satisfied with GMS during your time of employment. Our VP of sales has successfully lead our sales team for the past 13 years. He certainly knows how to close a... More

9. "Sales Representative"

I worked at Group Management Services full-time

Pros

Unlimited earning potential. Fantastic account management process

Cons

Cold call Cold call Cold call

Advice to Management

None to recommend at this time.

"Human Resources account manager"

Current Employee - Human Resources Account Manager in Fort Myers, FL
    Current Employee - Human Resources Account Manager in Fort Myers, FL

I have been working at Group Management Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Benefits are awesome. Company car, laptop and iPad provided. Managers are very responsive, knowledgeable & assist with any tough situations. VP of client services is so knowledgeable in all areas and is super visible to the account managers which is unheard of at most companies. Owner and president of the company truly values his employees. I work remote and I still feel apart of this team! Family like environment!

Cons

I can’t think of any cons for this role.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what your doing management. It’s a great career.