Group Management Services "work from home" Reviews | Glassdoor

Group Management Services Employee Reviews about "work from home"

Updated Oct 17, 2018

4.1
Group Management Services CEO Mike Kahoe
Mike Kahoe
Pros
Cons
  • "No cons to mention at the moment(in 6 reviews)

• "Starting salary for sales reps is extremely low and it typically takes 3-6 months before a new rep will see commissions(in 4 reviews)

Reviews about "work from home"

Return to all Reviews

"Professionally challenged in an upbeat and collaborative environment"

I have been working at Group Management Services full-time for more than a year

Pros

We work hard to bring quality customer service to our clients yet we are also fortunate to have a flex schedule and the opportunity to work from home. After starting with GMS my work/life balance changed tremendously, for the good! We work hard and play hard. We enjoy being around our team members on a professional and personal level! We challenge each other, and constantly look for new ideas and best practices to bring better results to both our clients and our internal practices. Over the past year our company has grown tremendously and our staff is excited about the direction we are headed.

Cons

Occasionally I have to work past 5:00pm.

Group Management Services2014-03-27

"Horrible HR/Management"

I worked at Group Management Services full-time for more than a year

Pros

Work from home, reimbursement for cell/gym

Cons

Extremely 'click'ish', wasn't given an opportunity to do an exit interview and I believe it's honestly because they just didn't care. Micro managing is the life and you're always wrong, opinions don't matter because the manager is always right. Outrageous client amounts at times. GMS, your loss

Advice to Management

Be more concerned, listen before it's too late and when it is too late for feedback on what could have been better. Try to keep people that are wanting to leave and/or frustrated

Group Management Services2018-10-17

"Drama filled and unprofessional"

I worked at Group Management Services full-time

Pros

Depending on your position, you may get to work from home a couple days per week.

Cons

Can't trust ANYONE within the corporation, especially upper management and HR. You will get special treatment if you're friends with managers, otherwise they have no problem screwing over all other employees. Literally, every week there's someone new quitting because of the way they were treated by managers.

Advice to Management

Promote a professional work environment- focus on clients and reward all who have a good work ethic,.not just the ones who bring in the most money for the company.

Group Management Services2017-10-26

"Benefit Coordinator"

Current Employee - Benefits Coordinator in Richfield, OH

I have been working at Group Management Services full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

work from home flexibility, year end bonus

Cons

poor management, poorly distributed workload

Group Management Services2017-01-25

"Management is clueless. Underpaid employees. 0/5 Stars. Is more of an insurance company. But, co-workers are friendly."

Former Employee - N/A in Richfield, OH

I worked at Group Management Services full-time for more than a year

Pros

Work-from-home option to some, friendly overall environment/workout program. Keeps deleting my review so I'm going to expand my pros and see if this unethical company stops deleting this. Sometimes free food is available when meetings/events end.

Cons

They do not pay you the correct hourly pay rate so that they can tell you that you are getting a Christmas "bonus" but it's really just the pay you need to have to show correctly on your W2..."legal" harassment. HR did not mediate or help resolve problems. Overall, very disrespectful and unprofessional management. Sales oriented company. Employees' voices and opinions are often silenced. There are not very many career opportunities...

Advice to Management

My advice is to improve HR department and improve management...

Group Management Services2015-09-30