GroupOne Health Source Reviews | Glassdoor

3.5
Arun Murali

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"GroupOne Experience"

Pros

I love working for GroupOne Health Source. Every day is different and I get to interact with such a variety of professionals. My job is awesome and challenges me every day in different ways; it means I am always learning. Everyone cares and we have the flexibility we need.

Cons

I only have positive experiences with administration and management!

Aug 29, 2017 – CEO

Thank you for the feedback. I’m glad that you have had a positive experience! I speak on behalf of all of the management team when I say that creating a positive experience where employees are... More

"The Big Brother Show in the Workplace"

I worked at GroupOne Health Source full-time

Pros

Vacation time was 21 days after you worked a year. I was fortunate to leave on my own before layoffs were announced.

Cons

Where do I start? The entire upper level management have no healthcare knowledge or experience. Promises are made starting in the interview process and are broken starting on your first day. There is no training program, so be prepared to hit the ground running. Most new employees would hit the ground, but never ran forward, they only ran OUT! I watched the executive leadership team lie to an entire room of people without blinking an eye, when I knew better in my gut. Even though the company is 30 years old, it is ran like it is a new start-up company. After training, be prepared to be on your own. Your coworkers will be your only support, but be careful! Management planted seeds and certain employees are moles for them. Working here literally felt like the work version of the show Big Brother or the movie "The Hunger Games."

Advice to Management

Sell the company and throw in the towel. You have ran the company into the ground by either eliminating roles or treating people so poorly that they walk out on you without notice. Your clients see the fact that the company is unstable when their entire Client Success Team had been replaced because they left or were fired. I do not think the company will be around in 2 years. Best of luck in hoping that I'm wrong.

May 3, 2018 – CEO

First, I want to sincerely apologize for the experience you had with GroupOne. We take these reviews very seriously and are disappointed that we left you with the impression you have. I cannot be... More

3. "Not Loyal to Employees"

I worked at GroupOne Health Source full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Options to work remote (sometimes).

Cons

Not loyal to all employees just a select few
    Never follow thru with promises made
    Poor Communication
    Owner has no medical knowledge at all
    Very unorganized

Advice to Management

Respect your employees more, especially the ones that are loyal to you.

May 3, 2018 – CEO

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review here and for the time you spent as a GroupOne employee. I am truly sorry that we made you feel this way. We are taking your feedback very seriously... More

"Company isn't a team player"

I worked at GroupOne Health Source full-time

Pros

The employees that I worked with are dedicated and hard working.

Cons

US jobs being moved to India and downsizing happens on a regular basis within GroupOne. Thankfully I resigned on my own and wasn't one of the unfortunate ones that was given walking orders. Upper mgmt has no experience in medical billing so it's impossible for them to give guidance when they don't understand the job needed to get the work accomplished. It's very frustrating when a new mgr is brought in and you are the one that has to train them to do their job.

Advice to Management

Realize that your employees are an important asset to any company including yours. Treat them as equals and not as something so disposable. Also have mgmt that knows what they are doing and how the company should run instead of bringing in upper mgmt that doesn't know the 1st thing about medical billing. Life shouldn't be all about the profits that you want to pocket!

Jan 10, 2018 – CEO

First and foremost, I’d like to thank you for your feedback and sharing your experience. I am sorry that you had a bad experience at GroupOne. In no way does this represent what we are trying to... More

5. "HR Manager"

I have been working at GroupOne Health Source full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Progessive solutions, entreprenural leadership, flexibility, autonomy

Cons

Self-directed workforce can be challenging if the right people are not hired

Advice to Management

Stay the course, the Company has a great future

6. "One day at a time"

Current Employee - PSR in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - PSR in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at GroupOne Health Source full-time

Pros

No strict dress code, Nice office space, Welcoming environment/ atmosphere and monthly treats and Holidays are always great to celebrate with the team. CEO is Awesome and actually, listens and take suggestions into considerations.

Cons

PSR Micro Manager. Low Salary compared to your workload. No advancement opportunity for Patient Account Reps. High Turnover rate. Horrible Training for all new employees regardless of department. Some Client advocates belittling Patient Accounts Reps. PSR Team is mostly ignored during company briefings. No weekly or monthly one on ones to see how one's performance is from a management perspective and nothing to go off on when it's time for your annual review.

Advice to Management

Make it mandatory for your managers to keep up with one on ones so the annual performance review will be fair. That way its documented why someone only received a 10% raise instead of a potential 50% raise. Patient Accounts need some sort of inner department advancement like a SME or assist manager or Quality Review Team with salary increase if you move one to one of the mentioned since no other team is willing to interview them. Keep coming up with bright ideas and ways to make G1 better.

Aug 29, 2017 – CEO

Thank you for taking the time to give us some feedback that we can use to help shape the future of the company. In order for us to be as successful a company as we hope to be, it's imperative that we... More

7. "New Perspective"

I have been working at GroupOne Health Source full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Being new to the organization I believe I can offer a fresh current perspective.
    The CEO cares about his employees. Let me allow that to sink in.....G1 is unlike any other job I've seen, where there is an apparent and obvious methodology to what they do and they go far beyond what most companies do to keep us informed. There is little corporate BS that I can see. No micro management at all, little tolerance for petty co worker interactions. Work from home is an option after a while.

Cons

The internal struggle between old vision/new vision is hard to look at. Some people work hard at excluding the new people from conversation.

Advice to Management

No titles in the signature line is unprofessional
    Need to hire someone to work on marketing/branding
    *see, there is nothing hugely wrong here at G1 😉

8. "Change is not always for the better"

Former Employee - Anonymous in Saint Louis, MO
    Former Employee - Anonymous in Saint Louis, MO

I worked at GroupOne Health Source full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Work at home/remote opportunities, up-to-date-tech systems,good benefits including personal days off

Cons

Recent changes to company positions left many employees over-qualified for their job with no opportunity for advancement. Management knows everything - you are unable to ask key management questions directly. Instead you will be forced to use a public forum where everyone can see your lack of knowledge so that they too can learn from the answer, which causes most employees to clam up.

Advice to Management

You are a billing company that has been successful since 1991. Stop changing the vision of what you do - hire billing professionals who can provide in-depth customer services to the clients, not superficial customer service representatives. Also, clients do not want to log on to a self service portal; they want to call someone who can take steps to fix any issues.

Jan 0, 2016 – CEO

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We are committed to creating a transparent and collaborative environment for all of our employees, so I am disappointed to hear that you believe... More

9. "Coding Resource Consultant"

Current Employee - Certified Professional Coder
    Current Employee - Certified Professional Coder

Pros

I love working for GroupOne Health Source. The company is always training us on new technology, customer service, coding/billing updates. They have flexible working hours. Great company values. The company has been around for 25 years.

Cons

Sometimes it takes a little bit to get new policies in place.

"Client Advocate"

Pros

Wonderful idea for company culture but meaningless when not really promoted

Cons

restructuring of position left majority over-qualified and dissatisfied in new position

Nov 30, 2016 – CEO

Thank you for your feedback. I am glad to hear that you support the culture we have built here at GroupOne. We’ve worked hard to create a culture that our employees love. I’ll admit that sometimes we... More