Groupware Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated March 15, 2017

4.2
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Mike Thompson

1. "I hope to be at Groupware for my entire career!"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Campbell, CA

I have been working at Groupware full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Vibrant culture, challenging but rewarding work, growing rapidly and working with cutting edge vendors.

Cons

none that I can think of

Advice to Management

Keep it up!

2. "Exceptional Company"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Campbell, CA

I have been working at Groupware full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Groupware is a wonderful company with strong recommendations from customer and partners. Love the company values with a focus on giving back. If you like working at a place where people have fun, work as a team, and customer success is important - check out Groupware!

Cons

Pace at company can be fast and expectations are high. Not certain those are cons - depends on your perspective.

3. "Wonderful Place to Work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Campbell, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Campbell, CA

I have been working at Groupware full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

1. The best part about Groupware is the people. Starting at the top, the owners take excellent care of their employees. The managers are very supportive and have a true open door policy. All of the employees seem happy to be here and are always more than welcome to pitch in to help with a moment's notice!
    2. Groupware's core values are Customer Service, Excellence, Having Fun and Giving Back. These are lived every day at Groupware.
    * Customer Service: Every employee is empowered to do the right thing for the customer, without question. We support our customers 24 x 7 - making sure to do anything we can to enable their initiatives, whether the request comes through during the day, after hours or on a holiday.
    * Excellence: Excellence is expected in support of all of our customers - our internal customers, our external customers, our partners and our employees. We strive to build Customers for Life and to do this, excellence is key.
    * Having Fun: I have never worked at a more FUN company than Groupware. We have an office holiday party, an annual summer picnic, quarterly all hands meetings with pizza, a St. Patrick's Day party, gong parties to celebrate our wins, Halloween party and more! The best is the owner-sponsored breakfasts and BBQ's which are impromptu but build a huge sense of community as we get to take a break and meet new team members and reconnect.
    * Giving Back: We have built playhouses for children, built bicycles, put together backpacks, built a playground with Kaboom! for autistic adults and children and have donated literally TONS of food and groceries. Groupware coordinates an annual giving tree and new pajama/new book drives for foster children. We have employees who teach children technology in the classroom and who offer technology training to "at risk" teens. The company grants every employee 1 PTO day per year to give back to the community. Groupware also supports employees' favorite causes as well - with thousands of $ being donated to support local sports teams, school events and more.
    3. Our customers are WONDERFUL! They support us by attending our awesome events (dinners, movies, tech day, soiree, holiday parties and more) and give us great feedback on new approaches, new technologies and company direction.

Cons

We work hard and we are rewarded well for the work we do.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work! Thank you for the new, beautiful office building, thank you for your generosity, thank you for always being supportive and thank you for making Groupware my favorite place to work ever!

5. "Great Place to Work"

I have been working at Groupware full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Friendly Peers and Management. Fast Paced environment focusing on Selling IT and Professional Services Team. Engineers are highly skilled and knowledgeable in the following pillars (network and security, storage, virtualization, enterprise software, and cloud). Account Managers and Inside Sales teams go above and beyond for their customers and truly adhere to the company slogan "we answer the call". Groupware is always willing to work with employees to balance their home and work schedules. I wouldn't be here for 8 years if I didn't think it was a great place to work.

Cons

Employees could work long hours (most gladly do that for the customers)

"Work hard. Play hard"

Former Employee - Business Development Representative
    Former Employee - Business Development Representative

I worked at Groupware (Less than a year)

Pros

Work hard, Play hard is their motto. Good benefits. good pay.

Cons

Nothing. Upper management is great. Employees are great.

Advice to Management

Keep working hard.

"Cut-Throat Company"

Former Employee - Senior Systems Administrator in Campbell, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Systems Administrator in Campbell, CA

I worked at Groupware full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

1. Decent Salary
    2. Nice people
    3. Company parties/events/BBQ

Cons

I'm not surprised if some of these reviews down below are fake. Here's what I really think of Groupware. The turnover rate is very bad.. Micromanaged to death by management, it's a hierarchical company. There's not much growth, and workload becomes stressful and draining. Work life balance isn't great, expect long hours. The sales and marketing team are in favor to top management when the engineers are not appreciated. It becomes a thankless job.
    Top management is good at making promises and terrible at following through. This is a daily routine. Additionally, the hypocrisy runs wild. Project Managers are incompetent and unable to lead or manage resources amongst them, and one specifically is a dolt... They like to take the success of their subordinates and make it there's.
    Be aware that top management takes pride and credit; lower employees are scared to make changes if they still have their jobs after the last round of layoffs.

Advice to Management

Groupware "doesn't" answer the call.
    Listen to employees concerns and then rather than debate and defend previous action, think upon what's been expressed and research it. Stop playing favorites. Management is very unprofessional and micromanages.

8. "One of the best VAR's I have worked for"

Former Employee - Account Manager in Portland, OR
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Portland, OR

I worked at Groupware full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Very professional, well run organization. Some of the best sales professionals and engineers I have worked with. Management is well structured. Company is customer focused first and foremost. They take care of the employees

Cons

Culture fit is key. Not necessarily a downside or "con" for everyone but like many organizations, people will have a hard time staying long-term if they don't fit the culture.

Advice to Management

Keep up to good work and continue to hire top resources to support the sales team.

9. "Review on company"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ

I worked at Groupware full-time

Pros

Good at placing and marketing

Cons

they used to pay less

10. "Good starting place in high tech"

Former Employee - Business Development Representative in Campbell, CA
    Former Employee - Business Development Representative in Campbell, CA

I worked at Groupware full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Excellent training in a wide variety of enterprise data center technologies. Sales reps and managers are energetic and supportive. Great networking opportunity to break into high tech.

Cons

Slow to promote, compensation lower than market value.

11. "Work hard play hard is their motto and it holds true"

Former Employee - Enterprise Account Manager
    Former Employee - Enterprise Account Manager

I worked at Groupware full-time

Pros

The people at GW are great to work with. They are very knowledgeable and will go the extra mile in helping you close deals and deliver projects. It treats it's employees very well but don't get me wrong this is a very competitive company and you need to perform.

Cons

Open territories are bit of a challenge for new hires without list of established clientele. No effective lead generation program you are primarily on your own.

Advice to Management

Stay the course, Great job