Grow Financial Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

3.4
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Robert L Fisher

1. "Great place to work!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Grow Financial full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Values personal and professional development, promotes employee engagement

Cons

If you don't like working with people, don't apply!

Advice to Management

Continue to work to establish a clear purpose and communicate it down

2. "Call center"

Former Employee - Member Contact Center
    Former Employee - Member Contact Center

I worked at Grow Financial full-time

Pros

The company was great. Everyone so friendly.

Cons

Working in the call center was horrible. Understaffed and crazy expectations.

"Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Grow Financial full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great work environment and people. Awesome training program that really prepares you for the job.

Cons

Have to work shift hours but overall the location is easy to get to. Lots of traffic in the area.

5. "They say 1 thing and do another"

I worked at Grow Financial full-time

Pros

Love to develop employees, always updating things and making changes to conform to the new and trendy approach.

Cons

Their mantra is "Be Bold, Be Great, Have Fun"....but if you are bold and voice an opinion other than what the executives support, they will find a way to performance you out.

Advice to Management

Don't offer an open door for people to express their ideas or opinions if those opinions will get them terminated if they don't align with executive leadership.

"Lack of Proper Training"

Former Employee - Relationship Specialist II in Charleston, SC
    Former Employee - Relationship Specialist II in Charleston, SC

I worked at Grow Financial full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Members are treated extraordinarily. Very member obsessed. Constant goal keeping and number motivated. "Friendly" competition. Pay is great; especially if you are coming in with no experience and working on a degree. You are able to communicate moving up within the company. Have a great idea of work culture and diversity. Provide classes such as public speaking, integrity and etc. Live and breathe Gallup.

Cons

The friendliness soon fades and the genuineness is a facade. In the SC region, training is terrible and basically nonexistent. You are over looked and expected to self teach and train in an office space alone. Personally told to my face by my market manager and supervisor, that no one knew how or wanted to train me. When they have enough and you aren't performing as expected, they lack accountability in training, place the blame on you and you are pushed out the door. Turn over in newest Charleston branch is 5 or 6 employees in less than a 2 year period. You are told to communicate and express your concerns and when you do they are disregarded and dismissed. You are reminded very often that you are replaceable. A lot of bosses and lack of leaders.

Advice to Management

Provide better training for the SC region. Video conferencing is not enough when you aren't able to get the hands on training to follow. I'd recommend placing someone in position for the sole purpose of on boarding new employees. SC region needs to value and invest in all of the employees with long term intentions, rather than hiring and offering promotions because they need the body.

7. "Great company with big ideas."

I have been working at Grow Financial full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Grow is a great company to work for and there are opportunities to move up.

Cons

There are not too many negatives with Grow, but communication is something that can be better. Leadership does like to try new things, but at times changes aren't implemented properly and then everyone involved becomes confused.

Advice to Management

Continue to be bold and allow the employees to Grow! Allow teams to grow rather than shrink. Let's be leaders in the marketplace not followers.

8. "They made me feel like part of the team at every step!"

Former Employee - Content Specialist in Brandon, FL
    Former Employee - Content Specialist in Brandon, FL

Pros

What a great group of marketing professionals that I had the pleasure to work with for about two years as a freelancer. I assisted with overflow work like enewsletters and catalogs and met with them every couple months or so. They always treated me like part of the team, including me in meetings and always made me feel comfortable. Their offices are amazing inside too. Its a very comfortable atmosphere.

Cons

Nothing. It takes a little time to get on to their approved vendor list, but that's pretty standard for a large company.

9. "Retail Credit Union"

I have been working at Grow Financial full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

- Flexible scheduling.
    - In general the people are nice.

Cons

- The entire company is based on sales, sales and sales. It does not matter if the members do not need loans are credit cards, even if we think they will not be approved - we must try to get them to apply. They do this to fund their expansion into new states.
    - If your sales are not there, there's absolutely no way you will be promoted.
    - The company does not value formal education at all.

Advice to Management

Shift your focus back to member service and start treating members and employees like people again.

"Great place for advancement"

Current Employee - Supervisor in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Supervisor in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Grow Financial full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Manager shares advice on what training to take internally and externally to help you grow. Good benefits and pay, to include tuition reimbursement up to $2500 per year, great 401k match.

Cons

Tuition reimbursement could be higher for full time team members maybe have an increasing availability based on tenure say more than 5 years. Although, Im not part time I know part time team members don't get benefits directly other than pay and time off.

Advice to Management

We need to start from the top management levels and work our way down and take advice from all team members. We need to bring our formal training process back into PDG so that we can be more consistent and dedicated to our team members and members.

"Relationship Specialist 3"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Grow Financial full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great company to work for especially if you enjoy being cross trained to perform both platform and teller transactions.

401k contribution is 6% dollar for dollar.

Great Benefits

Management is very accommodating and willing to help you succeed

Cons

Tough to move up if you are not phenomenal in sales from the branch perspective.