Grubhub Reviews | Glassdoor

Grubhub CEO Matt Maloney
Matt Maloney

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • "Wear and tear on personal vehicle" (in 20 reviews)

• "Inconsistent pay, driver care hard to get a hold of" (in 31 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"A great place"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in New York, NY

I have been working at Grubhub full-time (More than a year)

Pros

* Good and improving engineering culture.
    * Good and improving transparency, no silos or inter-departmental secrecy.
    * General relaxed, friendly atmosphere.
    * Customers love the company.

Cons

I found no major downsides.

2. "awesome company to work for"

Pros

Awesome company to work for.

Cons

Being a delivery driver but there are to many pros to count

"Great way to make extra income"

I have been working at Grubhub part-time

Pros

-pays a guaranteed 10.50 per hour minimum when you sign up for scheduled blocks
    -extremely easy job
    -choose your own schedule

Cons

-occasional app glitches
    -so many drivers, it is sometimes hard to get a scheduled block
    -wear and tear on your car

Advice to Management

The app needs a better algorithm for assigning deliveries because sometimes it will send me to a restaurant 40 minutes away and say that the food is supposed to be picked up in 10

4. "GHdoes Do indeed steal your money!"

Current Employee - Delivery Driver in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Delivery Driver in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Grubhub part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good for extra cash on the side. Simple concept. Money adds up compared to other Delvery apps.

Cons

You wouldn't think this job would be that stressful, but when your GPS messes out and takes you to the wrong places, and you end up 10 mins away from the drop off, you dont get paid for it. Driver care doesn't always solve the issue and sometimes gives you an attitude like how dare you not take this order and stick it out. Sometimes thought they can be helpful and try.
    You could be sent to a crazy confusing mall and have to struggle to find your way around while getting orders coming in.
       Weather can be hectic, obliviously kills your car and of course people dont tip. Dont get me wrong I have gotten some great tips from people, but it always seems like someone doesn't tip when you have to travel 15-20 mins away for a small order just to come right back to the same location. And remember this. Good tips will most likely always depend on your location.

This past week I worked 3 day, and I kept noticing each day that my tips weren't being included. I started screenshoting some of my tips because I noticed they weren't being displayed with my order pay. Though on The total screen it shows the tips and mileage pay added up. Just not the specific amount and for the specific order right.
    So if I added everything up, being the total from all the orders. The tips and milage pay, I should be earning alot more than I am. So from the app view, I'm not receiving my tip pay and my milage pay. I messaged driver payment for a layout sheet of all my orders, they pay and tips for the week. After messaging them 4 times, because it seemed like they didnt want to give me solid log, I finally got it out of them. It shows for all the deliveries. Only 4$ and then it shows the tips. Either way in my eyes, they are displaying numbers for the order but not giving me those numbers. Or their stealing my tips. It has to be one or the other I believe. Please help me to understand this. I worked hard for these orders and tips, so when they show me I'm going to make 20 bucks(which this actually happened last week) with a 20$tip
     I'm booking it, getting too my location. But really am I only making 4 bucks plus tip? Or are they just stealing my tip ? I shouls. E making around 300$ for 3 days Instead of 161$..Very confused...I wish I could show screenshots for proof of everything, it's just sad to be so mislead. Even though you make better money here. And this would be the ideal delivery app, no one appreciates hustling and destroying their car only to be making technically 4$ a deliver, or however they do things. Their explanation was confusing as hell and not very helpful. I wanted a simple answer. Why are you taking the money our my orders, like just why?? Currently looking for new employment!

Advice to Management

Stop displaying what we want to see vs what were actually receiving!!! I work hard for you guys to be treated like I'm the lowest scale of your business. We are the bread and butter and should be compensated appropriately!

5. "Job would be so much better if managers knew what they were doing"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Chicago, IL

I worked at Grubhub full-time (More than a year)

Pros

free food and pop and employees are cool

Cons

managers suck!!! They promote managers based off favoritism and then the managers behave like children. Highly unprofessional. management make you feel like they don't want you to succeed. management make this a terrible place to work and they are not at all flexible.

Advice to Management

Stop bending rules for those who youre cool with and make the same policies apply to everyone.

6. "Nickeled and Dimed"

Current Employee - Field Sales Representative in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Field Sales Representative in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Grubhub full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Loose vacation policy, work from home, great teammates,. Good place for fun.

Cons

low base, commission structure is not written down, so money goes up or down on a whim and you won't know why or have advance notice, shifting expectations each week. Not a good place a for a professional sales career.

Advice to Management

It seems like it's part of Grubhub's culture/business plan to shortchange their sales reps and figure out ways to make more money without paying a commission, so don't see them changing anytime soon.

7. "Good Placeholder"

Current Employee - Operations Specialist in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Operations Specialist in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Grubhub full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Easy job that does not require a high degree of skill. Low stress.

Cons

Not much room for upward mobility.

8. "Great Job"

Current Employee - Corporate Care Specialist
    Current Employee - Corporate Care Specialist

I have been working at Grubhub full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They feed you so much, haha! Great environment! Everyone is so nice and helpful. The job itself is great. Helping customer's with their issues and going back and forth on the phone with different restaurants. Also, bonuses are available. Dependent on your service levels.

Cons

I can't think of any at this moment.

9. "Nice Side Gig"

I have been working at Grubhub part-time

Pros

Flexible hours
    Can make good tips

Cons

Wears down your car fast

10. "Basic Call Center Position"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Chandler, AZ
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Chandler, AZ

I worked at Grubhub part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You can eat at your desk and wear whatever (and I do mean whatever) you want.

Cons

Dealing with cranky people complaining about food orders.

Advice to Management

Learn the positions at the bottom so you know how to deal with all employees