Grubhub Reviews

Updated May 9, 2021

3.9
Grubhub CEO  Matt Maloney
Matt Maloney
Pros
  • "Occasionally get free food (Red Robin, for example, gives drivers an order of fries for free(in 86 reviews)

• "Leadership truly cares about their employees and work/life balance(in 57 reviews)

• Cons
  • "You need a reliable car/wear and tear(in 44 reviews)

• "Long wait time for any pay problems and no direct number for driver care, only an email with a 5-7 Day response wait(in 37 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Featured Divisions of Grubhub

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Grubhub and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
    1. Grubhub - Corporate | Division of Grubhub
      Featured Review

Love it Here!

Nov 30, 2020 - Inside Sales Executive in Detroit, MI
      Business Outlook

Pros

Benefits + Perks; World class organization; Great leadership and managers; world class sales process; incredible onboarding; incredible community and culture; competitive; Great commission structure; Great hours; Around the clock care; Freedom + Flexibility to achieve goals; Great mentor program.

Cons

I can't think of any cons.

3 people found this review helpful
    2. Grubhub - Corporate | Division of Grubhub

Good pay

Apr 23, 2021 - Sales Executive in Los Angeles, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good commission if you work hard

Cons

low base but commissions nice

3. 3.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Semi Okay Benefits, but this is a Sales Role

Mar 23, 2021 - Restaurant Fulfillment Specialist in Chicago, IL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Grubhub really focuses on personal learning and would host bi-weekly Zoom calls about the BLM movement, inequality in the workplace, promoting women in tech, etc. It was great! The company is focused on creating a great community of well-rounded and educated people. Overall, some of the nicest people I have ever worked with. You will ask a question and have 10 people ready and willing to help you understand the answer. Amazing support from your peers. Decent perks and benefits.

Cons

The Managers in this department play favorites and either micromanage or are never around for support. You get most of your support from other coworkers in the trenches with you. I have a long-time operations background and honestly, this job is better for a salesperson. You push restaurants into onboarding when they aren't ready so you can get paid out more, you are pushed to sell owners on restaurant concepts that will fail and you are constantly stressed about metrics. Managers will have one on ones and all you talk about is how badly you are falling behind in numbers compared to your teammates. They changed the commission completely and are now paying out reps even less than before. You definitely need a sales mindset and need to feel motivated by money to do well. You won't be asked to work on projects and will be told to stay in your lane if you express interest in doing more than your job requirement. Your job is to onboard restaurants, hit your metrics and that's it. No real room for growth.

4. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Solid First Job

May 9, 2021 - Inside Sales Executive
      Business Outlook

Pros

Training is pretty great ( this was my first job out of college really showed me the ropes ) People are great Perks are nice Remote ( for now )

Cons

The turnover rate is extremely high. I can't count the number of people I've seen leave in just the past year Metrics are strange due to our environment. Holding us to a higher number of sales when half the places we're calling are closed due to covid? Plus the zips are burnt out No room to move at all, you're stuck in the same position Can't take PTO, because if you do you need to make up the Talk time and sales you missed

5. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Good Culture when in office, struggled to maintain that during remote work

May 4, 2021 - Inside Sales Representative in Philadelphia, PA
      Business Outlook

Pros

competitive pay for a entry level sales job, You can get out when you put it

Cons

Can be tough to move into management even after being there for years

6. Grubhub - Corporate | Division of Grubhub
      2.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Too heavily focused on metrics

Mar 10, 2021 - Restaurant Sales Executive in Chicago, IL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Really innovative, hip company. Big focus on company culture. Consistently changing to keep up with the demands of the market.

Cons

This role is WAY too focused on metrics. I was tasked with signing a designated number of restaurant partners up to use our platform. Every month, I managed to sign up the required number of restaurants. On top of this number, I was expected to hit 60 minutes of what Grubhub calls "talk time" per day - uninterrupted time speaking with restaurants over the phone. Even though I was consistently hitting my restaurant sign up numbers, I was ultimately let go because I wasn't hitting an average of 60 minutes of talk time per day. I spent more time making sure my restaurant submissions were flawless than I did on the phone and had to suffer for it. This told me that management had zero trust in my process and did not respect me as an individual - it felt as though I was viewed more as a "cog in the machine."

7 people found this review helpful
    7. Grubhub - Drivers | Division of Grubhub
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

work hard get paid well

May 5, 2021 - Grubhub Delivery Driver in Jersey City, NJ
      Business Outlook

Pros

your own schedule time always

Cons

tooo much time inside your car

8. Grubhub - Corporate | Division of Grubhub
      4.0

Great $

May 4, 2021 - Inside Sales Executive in Chicago, IL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good $, fun work environment

Cons

Recycled territories, burn out, revolving door of employees

9. Grubhub - Drivers | Division of Grubhub
      4.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Good Summer Job, Success not Guaranteed

Apr 25, 2021 - GrubHub Driver in Roseville, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Learning about new restaurants, not having to talk to people a lot, listening to music

Cons

Surprisingly tiring, non-tippers, need to be strategic in area and timeframe of shift, ending up really far from home

10. Grubhub - Drivers | Division of Grubhub

Grubhub

Apr 30, 2021 - GrubHub Driver in Denver, CO
      Business Outlook

Pros

Make your own hours, good schedule..

Cons

Mileage to the car, alot of driving

Viewing 1 - 10 of 819 Reviews