Cover image for Grubhub

65% Recommend to a Friend
67% Approve of CEO

Found 1,345 of over 2K reviews

3.7
Grubhub CEO Adam DeWitt (no image)
Adam DeWitt

What people are saying about Grubhub

Join the conversation on

Tech

467.5K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/technology/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Employer-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=Grubhub~419089
Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "I like working for GrubHub because I can choosemy own hours in the pay is good ..(in 122 reviews)
  • "Great people to work with(in 114 reviews)
  • "great culture and work environment plus meal credits each week(in 105 reviews)
  • "Free Food and they provide some great job functions like the Christmas Party(in 77 reviews)
  • "Great benefits and PTO.(in 76 reviews)
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Grubhub and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year
    Featured Review

Great Tech Company for New Grads

Aug 25, 2022 - Software Engineer I in Chicago, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Very good work-life balance, and the people make you feel comfortable and able to be yourself. It doesn't feel like a high pressure environment but everyone works hard because we enjoy it and enjoy building technology that provides values to our customers. Onboarding as a new grad has also been really good.

Cons

None that I can think of!

2. 5.0
    Current Employee

Best in Driver Care

Nov 30, 2022 - Night Patrol Officer
    Business Outlook

Pros

Pays least amount of fees and offers mileage reimbursement, quick to help when in need of assistance. The key is to stay calm so that your support may be as well. So we are all professionals here.

Cons

App optimization still needs a lot of attention. Graphics rework would be nice, more intuitive map design, give hot spots added depth and realism? something to make it look futuristic? it needs a spice up that is for certain. Fix the compass and accelerometer issues all phones seem to suffer from. So we can start on the right page with our technology lol point me in the right direction!

3. Join the Grubhub team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 2.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Definite Pro's & Con's

Dec 6, 2022 - Sales Executive in Philadelphia, PA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Work Life Balance, Commission Structure, GrubHub credit

Cons

Terrible Management, Rude to own employees. Lack a degree of humanity. Super fast turnover (I saw my team of 12 go to 2 employees as I was fired and was told I was the problem). They want to instill a "fun office" but instead reinforce a rigid corporate environment. Despite numerous personal attempts this won't ever change. You cannot be late, sick, or take too much time off or you'll be fired. I was always a high earning employee but was still fired without a direct explanation. "At will employment". Many people struggle to meet their sales quotas which can at times feel unrealistic IMPORTANT TO CONSIDER - APPLY TO THIS ROLE REMOTELY IF THAT IS WHAT YOU WANT. They will not under any circumstances let you change this - and will view you negatively for asking (despite there being countless remote employees).

5. 2.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Poor, aggressive management

Oct 28, 2022 - Engineering Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Smart colleagues Half day Fridays Reasonable compensation

Cons

Poor, biased, and aggressive management which uses withholding information and lack of transparency as opposed to empowering engineers. Management makes poor decisions that can't be backed up and get defensive when if you ask for more information. Aggressive management is promoted rather than discouraged. Lack of strategy which is based on highest paid person's opinion rather than an organized, collaborative, data-driven process. As a result, these decisions without explanations seem biased. Engineers need to participate in hours of business review meetings that are a forum for whomever is most aggressive. Company decisions are similar: requiring everyone to go into the office with no more communication than: "we miss seeing your faces". DEI efforts are as minimal as required, and also not transparent. Reports which took years to see will state only positives like the whole company is diverse, but not that the engineering department has gotten considerably less diverse and with more turnover. The HR/People team don't aim to be partners for employees, and are not transparent on their initiatives, goals, or process.

6. 2.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Would NOT recommend

Oct 17, 2022 - Sales Executive in Tempe, AZ
    Business Outlook

Pros

$50 weekly meal credit, hybrid schedule 3 days WFH, 2 in office. Half day Friday’s (up until October).

Cons

Cold calling restaurants that have told multiple reps before you “no” and to stop calling. Constantly moving goal posts. Once you feel like you have a good process and rhythm going, the company focus and sales expectations will change and there will not be any transitional period. Missing quota does not lead to assistance or coaching, it leads to “better not miss it again or you’ll be fired”. Base salary is laughable ($32k) however the commission structure USED to make it worthwhile. Commissions were recently cut in half and in the meeting reviewing the changes, the site director took the approach of “stop whining, they could be worse”. Unless you’re a top 5% performer, likely nobody outside of your teammates will know your name or talk to you.

1 person found this review helpful
  7. 5.0
    Current Employee

Great Company Culture

Nov 27, 2022 - Inside Sales Executive
    Business Outlook

Pros

1/2 day Fridays No micromanagement as long as you are hitting goal good pay fun company culture low stress sales position

Cons

cold calling can become old after awhile.

8. 2.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Could do better

Nov 14, 2022 - Sales Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

A lot of freedom to operate.

Cons

A lot of communication issues or general lack of communication altogether. You can ask the same question to 4 different members in sr leadership and get 10 different answers somehow and now one is actually accountable for having a correct one. Mismanaged expectations everywhere and near constant changes in direction from Sr leadership with no real structure as to when or how or even why things are happening. Basically everyone can say whatever they want and promise anything and never have to follow through because no one cares if you are upset, or if you leave.