Gtreasury Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. Featured Review

"Great place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lake Zurich, IL

I have been working at Gtreasury full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

GTreasury is a growing company with established roots in the industry and a knowledgeable team of seasoned employees. The team works collaboratively across the organization to partner together to implement and support clients. Every day is new and different – with new challenges and experiences. If you want to work for a company where you are provided with opportunities for growth and development – this is the right place for you. People are encouraged to express their feedback and suggestions. The organization is flexible and supportive. You don’t have to punch a clock in/out each day and benefits are great. In the past year, the company has added a 401k program with matching.

Cons

Since the company has grown so fast, people have to juggle competing priorities and projects. The company does not have a formal training program, however, they are very transparent about this in the interview process (and quite honestly, have taken steps to improve this in the last several months as new employees have come in). If you are the type of person who needs regular guidance and direction, you will be stretched while at GTreasury, as you are given a lot of autonomy to get your job done.

Advice to Management

Continue to engage the team to ask for feedback and take steps to incorporate where needed.

Jun 19, 2017 – Human Resources

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback and we are glad to hear that you are enjoying your experience at GTreasury! We are pleased to report that since your post and at the urging of... More

2. "solution analyst"

I have been working at Gtreasury full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

awesome people and good vibes

Cons

tooo faaarr from the city but still close enough to civilization traffic is bad

3. "Support Analyst"

I worked at Gtreasury full-time

Pros

Flexible Schedule, kind owners. There are a lot of great and knowledgeable people that work at GTreasury.

Cons

Some degree of micro management. A lot of things do fall on Support which aren't Support issues.

4. "It engineer"

I have been working at Gtreasury full-time

Pros

Flexible schedule, good people. Open to new technology.

Cons

Micromanagement. not sure if this is necessary. Writing all kinds of statuses.

"Solutions Analyst"

I have been working at Gtreasury full-time

Pros

Everything from the initial onboarding training program to the expansive growth that GTreasury is experiencing leads to my positive review and outlook for the company as a whole. Each day I learn something new and am fortunate enough to work collaboratively with experienced treasury professionals as well as technology professionals. While there is a steep learning curve, there are bountiful resources for a new hire to refer to. Outlook for the company is very positive and I am looking forward to continuing to grow both professionally and personally within the company.

Cons

No cons to be noted.

Advice to Management

The values and morals that the company stands for are to be admired; please keep it up as they are the best I've experienced in any workplace! Very proud to work for this growing family owned company!

6. "Learn something new every day!"

I have been working at Gtreasury full-time

Pros

Every day that you work at GTreasury you gain valuable knowledge and experience. You get to work collaboratively with professionals from many different areas of the company that do not hesitate to help you out if you need some guidance and rub some of their knowledge off on you. I have learned something new everyday and I'm excited to continue to grow as a professional with the many years to come at GTreasury.

Cons

I cannot think of any cons as they have been proactive in addressing any complaints that anyone has had and have been working hard to continue making this the best place to work for their employees.

Advice to Management

Keep it up

7. "Great company, great people"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lake Zurich, IL

I have been working at Gtreasury full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The work is both challenging and interesting and no two days are the same which will keep you on your toes. If you are looking for routine, GTreasury probably isn't the place for you. You truly have the opportunity to learn something new every day and grow professionally.

Great culture - laid back work environment with great co workers. People are here to get the job done and Management gives you the autonomy to do just that without breathing down your neck.

Cons

As a result of rapid growth, resources are currently stretched pretty thin which can be stressful at times.

Definitely time for a new/larger office (supposedly coming this year)

Advice to Management

Make sure to maintain the culture as the company continues to grow, don't try to fit into a mold.

Jun 19, 2017 – Human Resources

Thank you for your review! We recognize that our people and our culture are the foundation for our success and we are committed to preserving the culture that the team has come to appreciate. In... More

"Games and lies"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lake Zurich, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lake Zurich, IL

I worked at Gtreasury full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Nice cafeteria in the building

Cons

Top management makes promises they deny later, don't believe the hype

Jun 19, 2017 – Human Resources

We hate to hear that your experience with GTreasury was not what you hoped it would be after 3+ years. It is our aim to provide an environment where our employees are able to grow both professionally... More

"Encourages ideas, out of the box open minded thinking within a collaborative non-corporate environment."

I have been working at Gtreasury full-time

Pros

I have been in the finance and treasury software industry for over 15 years at multiple blue chip companies. I can say, GTreasury is the only environment where I have seen my ideas into action and it is very rewarding. Employees can say: “I designed and built this for 20 international corporations and created tremendous worth”. GTreasury Employees are leaders, not followers. GTreasury has grown exponentially in size over the last 3 years because of its employees, each and every one. You are rewarded by your value and what you contribute. Salaries are more than fair compared to other competitors, I know I worked for them. Hierarchal structure is a flat, culture is casual and open. You can walk into the president’s office to provide suggestions to improve the current application or tell him how much you currently bench at the gym. His door is always open. It is a fairly young environment and may appear to be a frat party at first, but is not, it’s a place of work. It’s hard to get an hour lunch or multiple coffee breaks as employees are required to finish their work on time and not blame others or provide excuses. We have tons of training material and I think there is something that is called the Web, look it up. If we can train a new client on cash management in 2 weeks, why do some new employees need 3 months? Think about it. I am not aware of any poor management as noted in other comments, pyramid is flat and micro-managing is non-existent. Upper management is treated like everyone else, they respect honesty, encourage growth and will be straight with employees. Overly sensitive people who cannot handle constructive criticism need not apply. Management encourages improvement. Culture is extremely diverse, dynamic and steers away from the corporate status quo. This is extremely refreshing and quite infrequent within other organizations. GTreasury will not stand for toxic, passive, hand-holding employees. Be prepared to work hard, learn it, and then own it. Please know that you and only you are responsible for your own success before you set foot in GTreasury’s door. If this is not understood, I will provide you with a blue participation ribbon, call your parents and demand them to pick up their sorry-@55, unemployed kid because they’re moving back into your basement. Value-created employees that provide solutions is greatly rewarded, but you need to work hard. Other blue chip companies will want to hire you given the experience and knowledge you gain at GTreasury. Yes, you will be poached by highly regarded global corporations. Some go, but most employees will stay. You will learn something new and valuable every day including software-coding, banking, finance and industry standards, but you have to work hard. Take these skills and use it, put it in your resume, and become a leader in the industry.

Cons

Cons:
    Turnover. Most of the negative responses were provided by past employees who could not handle the fast-pace culture, needed constant attention and help, had poor attitudes but mostly created no value or worse more problems than solutions. Then they whine about it. These misleading, fabricated comments are a clear reflection of their workplace manner in which they demand immediate respect, promotions, and higher salaries without producing any value whatsoever while trying to take credit by simply passing their work to other employees. Jeez thanks. Does anyone anywhere want to work with these people? Be my guest, they are no longer here and we could not be happier. GTreasury will not tolerate the blame game, laziness or entitlements. Leave your damn pumpkin sweater, cat poster, and that sardonic cookie cutter smile at the door. Transparent passive aggressiveness layered with excuses will not fool anyone at GTreasury. Our employees will only notice the valueless time you waste because someone in the organization is doing your damn work. The good news is that GTreasury is getting better at weeding these valueless, pass the buck, time gobblers. The bad news is we keep hiring them. They keep slipping through the cracks during the interview process throughout our current expansion. If you need constant hand holding, blame , whine and wear holiday blinking earrings because you’re so “unique and funny”, I suggest you go work for another institution with 10 other button pushers where you can blab about your sick cat and gossip about Joyce from the typing pool. Don’t apply if you have been doing the same thing day to day for 10 years and never took it upon yourself to gain any knowledge, we will not consider this as experience. GTreasury empowers knowledge and provide industry skills every day, but you need to own and earn respect. We don’t hand out free “your special” passes.

Advice to Management

Hire self-starting, skilled employees. Increase screening with multiple interviews.

"Rewarding Environment"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Gtreasury full-time (More than a year)

Pros

A very fast pasted but rewarding environment. Great company culture where everyone is very supportive and knowledgeable.

Cons

Be prepared to work hard and take initiative. Steep learning curve in a niche industry but everyone is very supportive of new employees.

Jun 19, 2017 – Human Resources

Thank you for taking the time to share your perspective with us! We are glad to hear that you find the work rewarding and challenging and agree with your assessment of what it takes to be successful... More