Guarachi Wine Partners Reviews | Glassdoor

Guarachi Wine Partners Reviews

Updated Apr 29, 2018

Found 8 reviews

2.4
  1. "I can make a difference"

I have been working at Guarachi Wine Partners full-time

Pros

Smaller company with the opportunity to really have an impact and make a difference. Many opportunities as the company adapts to changing market conditions.

Cons

The owner is strong-willed and can be blunt, but he really likes to hear new ideas.

Guarachi Wine Partners2017-05-02
  2. "Regional Manager"

Former Employee - Director, Regional Sales Management in Newport Coast, CA

I worked at Guarachi Wine Partners full-time for more than a year

Pros

Aggressive compensation offered through perks and Standard add-ONs relevant to role

Cons

Structurally insufficient and key peronsel in national leadership positions are not fundamentally capable of running the amount of positions needed to function properly. Additionally, the company’s culture & mindset is that of one in which forces a decimation of positive workplace culture and growth. Also, search under TGIC, it’s well known they changed their name to get away from the negative track record.

Advice to Management

Re-evaluate senior executive roles that handle national roles. Ensure they have the people skills to manage multiple states and people. If their turnover / churn rate =‘s triple the national average ; maybe it’s time to strategically realign to grow at a healthier capacity.

Guarachi Wine Partners2018-04-30
  3. "Avoid working for this company until the owner steps away and lets management run the company."

Former Employee - Regional Manager

I worked at Guarachi Wine Partners full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good portfolio of South American wines with good value to quality ratio. Decent health insurance program. Decent website with brand and trade information.

Cons

Company/Owner does not know (or just doesn’t care) what it takes to build brands and create long term growth. Lack of investment in brands vs. competitive set. Unrealistic bonus program that cannot be achieved. Don’t expect annual raises.

Advice to Management

Owner should step aside and hire experienced sales management/marketing/finance team to run the business. Owner should stop constantly looking to make a quick buck and start doing what it takes to build brands for the long term. Don’t employ your unqualified girlfriend, keep your business and personal life separate.

Guarachi Wine Partners2017-11-02
  4. "Due diligence required"

I worked at Guarachi Wine Partners full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Outstanding array of South American wines/portfolio

Cons

Unstable ownership and demeaning of employees by ownership....lack of processes in place....poor work culture....constant turnover of sales force...........non payment of bonuses.

Guarachi Wine Partners2017-08-26

"AVOID - Most reviews are ghostwritten. Look up more reviews under "T.G.I.C. Importers""

I worked at Guarachi Wine Partners full-time

Pros

Great quality wine and excellent winery partners. Full health coverage.

Cons

It all stems from the top. The CEO is manic, selfish and stubborn. He is unwilling to listen or trust his employees to do their jobs. His employees are more like servants, and he is quick to blame them for his own mistakes. The turnover is frighteningly high because of this! Do yourself a favor and avoid this company like the plague.

Advice to Management

Advice to management is pointless for this company.

Guarachi Wine Partners2017-07-28

"Decent Place"

Former Employee - Administrator in Woodland Hills, CA

I worked at Guarachi Wine Partners for more than 3 years

Pros

Relaxed work environment. Wine is good.

Cons

employee turnover. A few people have been there too long.

Guarachi Wine Partners2017-04-14

"Avoid - for more reviews on this company look up T.G.I.C. Importers, Woodland Hills, CA."

Former Employee - Wine Sales Representative in Woodland Hills, CA

I worked at Guarachi Wine Partners full-time for more than a year

Pros

Refer to TGIC Importers for more reviews. Great wines, good people, a nice small corporate environment. There is so much potential.

Cons

Refer to TGIC Importers (prior company name) for more reviews. A LOT OF TURNOVER. Very negative management from the Owner who does not seem to know what he is doing so he blames everyone in his employ. The owner has created an environment of distrust and fear. People do not stay long.

Advice to Management

Treat your employees better. Be respectful and appreciative. Your employees will be loyal, stay and work hard to increase sales.

Guarachi Wine Partners2017-01-08

"Great Opportunities and Exciting Career Change"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Woodland Hills, CA

I have been working at Guarachi Wine Partners full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The owner of this company really makes this job all worth while. He is extremely motivational and his positive energy excites us all to be proactive and innovative. He really puts his heart into everything he does and sets a good standard for his employees. A very inspiring man! All my co-wokers here make this place feel like family. I plan to be with this company for a very long time. I highly recommend this location...

Cons

traffic in the morning :)

Guarachi Wine Partners2016-02-18