Guaranteed Rate Sales Assistant Reviews | Glassdoor

4.2
Guaranteed Rate President and CEO Victor F. Ciardelli III
Victor F. Ciardelli III

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Optional work from home (I am never in the office) (in 19 reviews)

• Innovative "POD flow" processing, tons of support, marketing, literally everything a Loan Officer needs to be successful in a competitive industry (in 21 reviews)

Cons
  • The loan officers put all the work on their team and in return take home all the money (in 35 reviews)

• difficult work/life balance; expectations to high for new employees to perform at same level as employees who had been there for years (in 8 reviews)

1. "Sales Assistant"

Current Employee - Sales Assistant in Chicago, IL

Pros

Great place to work! Amazing technology and training.

Cons

Some of the systems are cumbersome due to the size of the co.

2. "A great way to start a career"

Former Employee - Sales Assistant in Chicago, IL

I worked at Guaranteed Rate full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Easy introduction into the world of mortgage
    Make great friends with many people at the company
    Great events and perks

Cons

Compensation isn't the greatest
    Entry level pay and work

Apr 7, 2016 – Customer Success

We appreciate the feedback! At Guaranteed Rate, we firmly believe in having a company culture that emphasizes successful career development combined with individual wellness. Cheers, The Customer... More

"Low Pay, Rude Managers"

I worked at Guaranteed Rate full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The 1 pro to this company is that insurance was not too expensive, well and the parties they host on the rooftop.

Cons

A lot of cons, low pay for the industry, but they give you a bonus structure to work for. The only issue being is if your manager or VP doesn't produce numbers you bonus will be hindered. Not only is that an issue, most the VP's/Managers think they are the greatest ever and expect you to be exactly like them. It's the VP's way or the highway. Rude all around with upper management, I can honestly say I regret my time at Guaranteed Rate, don't waste yours.

Advice to Management

Stop throwing parties to improve company moral and look at how the VP's treat your actual employees. The people who make sure the VP's loans are actually set up correctly and ready to close.

Jan 7, 2016 – Customer Success

You feedback is greatly appreciated. We make it one of our top priorities to give you the tool, resources and support to help you reach your personal and professional goals. Our employees are... More

"Very disorganized"

I worked at Guaranteed Rate full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Lots of resources to get the answers to your questions.

Cons

My direct manager and his senior would rudely and loudly talk about employees right in front of the entire office. They would swear and parade around the office causing a HUGE distraction.

Advice to Management

I'm sure the corporate office is different from the satellite offices, but keep a closer eye on your employees.

Feb 12, 2015 – VP - Client Satisfaction

Its unfortunate your time with us wasn't what you expected. The culture and employees at GR isn't for everyone. There are plenty of people and different departments you could have reached out to to... More

"GRate"

Current Employee - Sales Assistant in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Guaranteed Rate full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexibility in schedule, able to work from home if needed. Fun events and nice perks for employees.

Cons

Pay is below average. Not a lot of hands on training available, unless you have a co-worker who is willing to help.

Advice to Management

Better pay=better employees.

"Great place to work...for sales staff"

Current Employee - Sales Assistant
    Current Employee - Sales Assistant

I have been working at Guaranteed Rate full-time

Pros

They are very progressive, very tech advanced, and do anything and everything to help originators do more business and grow.

Cons

Operations staff aren't the priority at this company. They are given the bulk of the work to do on every loan to help keep originators in the field producing.

Advice to Management

I would recommend some sort of system to ensure accountability and product knowledge for the loan officers. A lot of LO's end up doing NO work and they push EVERYTHING onto the sales assistants and ops staff. They spend their time going out and having a great time with referral sources, bringing in leads and just sending them to their staff to handle (to do literally everything from application to selling the client to setting expectations to closing). Meanwhile, the LO's make the BIG BUCKS and the support staff is left in the dust... I would bet that many LO's don't even know how to use our LOS, pricing engine, etc. For such a progressive company with so much amazing technology to evaluate LO's based on pure numbers alone is truly a shame...

"Don't work here, unless you are a loan officer."

I worked at Guaranteed Rate full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You can move to different departments quiet easily by expressing your interest to certain managers.

Cons

If your not a loan officer or in the sales department, prepare to be disrespected and belittled. Upper management makes it consistently known that you are replaceable and cannot talk back to loan officers. If a loan officer calls you out of your name, or yells at you about how "stupid" you are, you must keep quiet. Otherwise, an HR rep will be at your desk within 30 minutes asking you to grab your things, because you are fired. I've seen this happen to many employees in the time that I've worked there.

Advice to Management

Stream line the organization so that there aren't over 100 Vice Presidents (no exaggeration here). Also, create a corporate culture that motivates employees by not belittling the operations/support staff and continuously explaining to us that the sales department "are our bread and butter."

"Keep looking"

Former Employee - Sales Assistant in Naperville, IL
    Former Employee - Sales Assistant in Naperville, IL

Pros

The company is growing but the market sucks. Great people to work for, room to grow if this is the industry for you. Supportive of your work and wanted you to succeed.

Cons

Training wasnt the greatest, but if you are into the mortgage world, you could get more out of it. The work you put into does not even come close to what you should be compensated for- bonus's suck. Also, for the time you put in, base salary should be higher. A lot of loan officers were not smart and sucked to deal with.

Advice to Management

Take more time to train.