KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Guaranty Bank (MO) Reviews

Updated Jul 28, 2021

Found 24 of over 24 reviews

3.9
Guaranty Bank (MO) President, CEO, and Director, Guaranty Federal Bancshares and Guaranty Bank Shaun A. Burke (no image)
Shaun A. Burke
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Part Time Teller

Jul 28, 2021 - Part Time Teller in Joplin, MO
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great people to work with.

Cons

Programs are clunky and impractical.

2. 5.0

Great Company!!!!

Jun 4, 2021 - Assistant Vice President Retail Banking Group Manager in Little Rock, AR
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great people who genuinely care and appreciate their employees.

Cons

Systems are in desperate need of upgrade.

Talent Acquisition Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to share your positive experience with us along with your observation for improvement. We remain committed to evaluating the systems we use and implementing upgrades as much as possible. We have recently hired a project manager to help direct our efforts in system upgrades and IT project implementation bank-wide, and have already noticed great improvements in the coordination of our efforts across multiple teams and locations. Our aim is always to increase efficiencies, decrease errors, and benefit our employees as well as our customers, while balancing budgetary considerations and increasing shareholder value.

3. 4.0

Great place to work

Apr 14, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

High standards of work, everyone pulls their weight. Great management team.

Cons

Some departments don’t exactly know what they are doing and aren’t up to the same standards as others

Talent Acquisition Specialist

We appreciate the time you took to share your review and feedback! Consistency across the organization is certainly a priority to us. If you have specific observations in certain department(s), please share them with your supervisor or Human Resources. If you are uncomfortable with those options, you may also submit feedback through the confidential Ethics Hotline. We are committed to making continual improvements in these areas and others and we value your open and honest communication.

4. 3.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Not a bad place to start, but move on to bigger things when you can

Jan 22, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Springfield, MO
    Business Outlook

Pros

Formal Environment, but still pretty relaxed for the most part. banking hours/holidays are probably the best part.

Cons

the starting salary is a bit low, and forget about getting a decent raise, best bet is to move up to higher positions if you want more money, don't take less than you can because you are not getting more for a long time.

Talent Acquisition Specialist

Thank you for your review and feedback. We understand your concern and remain committed to looking closely at frequency and amount of pay increases across various departments in the bank. When considering annual salary budgets, we review available survey data for our industry. To give some perspective, financial institutions of our size reported a median salary increase adjustment of 3% according to the 2020 MBA (Missouri Bankers Association) Compensation & Benefits survey. Factors like the budget of the department, individual performance, and other needs and considerations may cause that amount to vary between organizations and individual contributors. We have and will continue to monitor starting pay for our positions through various industry-specific compensation surveys and make adjustments as appropriate based on industry benchmarks as well as individual performance in the position. Additionally, we encourage internal progression and promotion of our employees as they grow and develop in their roles and we compensate for those moves aside from annual merit increases based on performance. We are dedicated to continually evaluating our competitiveness in the markets we serve. We appreciate your feedback and will always strive to balance the expectations and needs of our employees with the business performance requirements of the company’s investors.

5. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Great place to work

Mar 22, 2021 - Branch Banker Representative in Springfield, MO
    Business Outlook

Pros

Get a real sense of Community

Cons

You have to use way too many systems to accomplish one thing

Talent Acquisition Specialist

Thank you for your review! We are thankful for the time commitment you have invested with us, and deeply value your feedback. We understand your concern and remain committed to looking closely at the systems and processes we use and are open to improvements that will increase efficiencies, decrease errors, and benefit our employees as well as our customers. We encourage open and honest communication regarding suggestions and hope that you are able to share your ideas with your direct supervisor as well as through our anonymous employee engagement surveys. Banking is certainly an industry of constant change, but we want to ensure we are doing our best possible to minimize that impact through offering consistent training, deploying new software and systems, and listening closely to suggestions from valued employees that are using the systems each day. As we seek to implement these improvements, we appreciate your patience as change is not always easy or smooth and sometimes we have budgetary considerations that prevent us from implementing everything we want to (especially in this Covid-19 environment that has been very difficult on business across a variety of sectors). Please feel free to reach out to us directly anytime with ideas for improvement. Although we can’t implement each and every idea for various reasons, we are very interested in talking through them and taking each one into consideration. We appreciate your feedback and will always strive to balance the expectations and needs of our employees with the business performance requirements of the company’s investors.

6. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great Company

Mar 19, 2021 - Personal Banker I
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great atmosphere to be in, really great management team

Cons

Hard to move up in the company

Talent Acquisition Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to share your positive experience with us along with recommendations for improvement. Based on the position title you listed (Personal Banker I), it appears that the dates you worked at Guaranty Bank were before we implemented the Branch Banker model, which was an improvement we made based on similar feedback we received. We believe that career pathways, growth, and progression are very important, not only for employees but for customers and the company as a whole! Through the Branch Banker model, every banker is given the tools and a clear outline of what is expected to grow and promote to the next level (Associate, Representative, and Specialist). As soon as required courses, modules, and on-the-job training are completed, the banker receives an increase in pay, an elevated title, and expanded duties and responsibilities. The beauty of this model is there is no need to wait for someone to leave or for a new job opening to come available at the perfect time in order to progress, it is all driven by the individual employee. We have seen great success with this model because it empowers bankers to expand their knowledge, fosters accountability with clear expectations outlined in a checklist, and ultimately gives the customer a better experience since each banker has the potential to help with any need at the branch instead of having the customer wait for another banker who is qualified to help them with that particular issue. We have actually been so pleased with the Branch Banker progression model, that other areas of the bank are now beginning to implement progression plans for employees within their areas of business as well. We are committed to reevaluating these career pathways bank-wide and continuing to build and improve these models.

7. 5.0

Pleased

Mar 23, 2021 - Assistant Vice President/Digital Marketing Specialist in Springfield, MO
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great community bank finding success.

Cons

Promotion opportunities can be unclear.

Talent Acquisition Specialist

Thank you for your review and feedback. A clear model of career progression exists in our Retail Banking Department, and we are working to implement progression plans for employees within other lines of business as well. We have limited options in some of the smaller and more specialized departments that offer less opportunities for growth, but we are always working to improve and open to feedback and suggestions. We appreciate your patience, value your input, and encourage you to continue to participate in our employee engagement surveys and have open conversations with your supervisor regarding your career needs and ideas about what you would like to see in your department.

8. 1.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Undervalued employees

Sep 26, 2020 - Commercial Relationship Assistant in Springfield, MO
    Business Outlook

Pros

Plenty of people to network with. Nice building to work in.

Cons

Cashiers at target have a higher pay rate than you will with this job. Pay is disrespectfully low.

Talent Acquisition and Management Specialist

Thank you for your review and feedback. We continually monitor pay for our positions through various industry-specific compensation surveys and then make adjustments as appropriate based on individual performance in the position. Based on our compensation analysis we have recently made a significant number of pay adjustments and will continue to evaluate our competitiveness in the markets we serve. We appreciate your feedback and are committed to continuing to work hard in all areas to meet the expectations and needs of our employees.

9. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Guaranty Bank

Oct 11, 2019 - Branch Banker
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great company that will help you grow

Cons

No cons, it’s a great company

Talent Acquisition Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to share your positive experience with us and with others who might be considering applying for Guaranty Bank. We are thrilled that you felt valued and were able to grow with us and hope that you might decide to return to us sometime in the future! (We like to call those our boomerang employees)

10. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Politics For Higher Pay

Dec 7, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Decent work-life balance Relatively easy to transfer to a different department Most executives show respect to all employees Most executives genuinely seem to value employees Very good vacation time policy Decent health insurance Not too much micromanaging

Cons

Horrendous pay - many positions pay as much or less than fast food restaurants. Expectations constantly grow disproportionately to salaries. More money could be allocated to salaries if less was spent on things like remodels, Christmas parties, catering, and unnecessary special accommodations for demanding (yet influential) employees. Lack of pay increase policy transparency - No baseline salary or hourly rate relative to its respective position is shared. You are also told not to discuss your salary with other employees. Politics - Those who do get large pay increases receive them as a consequence of the “who you know” principle.

2 people found this review helpful

Talent Acquisition and Management Specialist

Thank you for your review and feedback. We appreciate your positive comments and welcome the feedback you have provided. Several of your concerns have also been voiced through our annual employee engagement survey and we are actively using this feedback to continuously improve our organization. As a matter of fact, we have already made a significant number of pay adjustments this year based on feedback from our survey along with compensation analysis in the markets we serve. While we do not currently have pay grades or ranges associated with our positions, it is something that is being evaluated and considered. As an organization we try to be as transparent and consistent in our decisions as possible from pre-employment through the point in time the employment relationship ends, but we acknowledge that sometimes effective communication and consistency are not achieved. We appreciate your feedback and are committed to continuing to work hard in all areas to meet the expectations and needs of our employees.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 24 Reviews