Cover image for Guaranty Bank (MO)
Logo

4.2
82% Recommend to a Friend

Found 36 of over 36 reviews

4.2
Guaranty Bank (MO) CEO of Guaranty Bank  Monte McNew  (no image)
Monte McNew
0 Rating

The latest conversations about Finance

Join the conversation on

Finance

14d

a

Commercial Customer Service Representative

What’s the best way to have a lack of compensation and incentive conversation in your department? I went above and beyond for years doing extra work, organizations etc and nothing has been reflected in pay. I thought my 5 year was going to finally show something but it did not. I’ve inquired about pay but it’s gotten nowhere.

7 Comments

Finance

109.5K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/finance/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=Guaranty Bank (MO)~4154
Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Friendly coworkers, but very judgemental superiors(in 3 reviews)
  • "Great people to work with.(in 3 reviews)
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Best Place I've ever worked! : )

Nov 6, 2022 - Branch Banker Representative in Springfield, MO
    Business Outlook

Pros

The people! You couldn't ask for better coworkers and upper management! You definitely feel valued and part of a family! I genuinely love and think the world of my Gbank family! : )

Cons

There are no cons! : ) the only reason I left was to stay home with my child but when I decide to rejoin the workforce, I know there is no place I would rather work and hopefully retire from someday!

2. 5.0
    Former Employee

Work Environment

Oct 18, 2022 - Accounting Assistant
    Business Outlook

Pros

Friendly and helpful coworkers & management

Cons

I don't have any cons to report.

3. Join the Guaranty Bank (MO) team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Good starting point

Aug 30, 2022 - Branch Banker Representative in Springfield, MO
    Business Outlook

Pros

Was a lot of fun, met some great people, great entry-level job.

Cons

Sales incentives are pretty bad. Depending on your branch, you may have a manager that hounds you about sales to the point of turning you into an android who pitches something to every single customer.

5. 4.0
    Current Employee

Guaranty bank

Jun 30, 2022 - Assistant Bank Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

PTO, health, dental, vision insurance, 401k

Cons

High turnover at each location

Talent Acquisition Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We appreciate that you have highlighted our benefits package, as we are always striving to remain competitive in what we offer our employees. We are working each day to reduce turnover and welcome any ideas you have to aid these efforts! We understand that the nature of the banker role can be temporary for students in school or lead to employee promotions and/or transfers to other departments within the bank. After enhancing our training program by adding a dedicated retail trainer, raising our starting wage, and implementing more of a universal banker approach that allows for more growth within the role, we have certainly seen positive results. We value your feedback and remain committed to continual improvement!

6. 3.0
    Former Employee

Temporary fix

Jan 17, 2022 - Branch Banker in Joplin, MO
    Business Outlook

Pros

Friendly coworkers, but very judgemental superiors

Cons

Slow to advance, no matter how hard you try. It's at their convenience.

Talent Acquisition Specialist

We appreciate the time you took to leave feedback on your personal experience at Guaranty Bank. We are glad to hear about your positive experience with friendly coworkers. In regard to career advancement, a few years ago we moved away from a traditional teller/personal banker model to a branch banker model with 3 levels (Associate, Representative, and Specialist) to empower our employees to grow and advance in their positions without having to wait until someone in a higher level to moved up or out. Using the branch banker model, employees can utilize training resources and objective checklists to track their progress and know what is required to progress to the next level. While we strive to regularly offer the training and resources necessary to progress, COVID has made it challenging for all employees to attend in a timely manner due to class capacity limits, fluctuating staffing needs, and temporary branch closures. Even though we have adjusted many trainings to be available via WebEx and shared staff across locations to cover time away from the banking center, learning and development throughout the organization has been slowed more than we would prefer. We remain committed to continual learning and improvement throughout the organization while also balancing the needs of our customers, the employees, and the organization and will continue to evaluate our training and progression models bank-wide. Thank you again for your feedback.

7. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great Community Bank

Jan 6, 2022 - Commercial Loan Processor in Springfield, MO
    Business Outlook

Pros

Family oriented, Monday through Friday scheduling, yearly bonuses, and employee appreciation celebrations throughout the year.

Cons

Limited benefits with slightly higher insurance premiums, low salary raises, high employee turnover

Continue reading

Talent Acquisition Specialist

Thank you for your review and feedback. We appreciate your positive comments and welcome the feedback and observations that you have provided. We are continuously reviewing our benefit package to ensure that we are offering valuable benefits to our employees and make changes based on employee feedback. We have recently made a significant number of pay adjustments based on feedback from our survey along with compensation analysis in the markets we serve. In fact, we increased our starting wage by $2.00 per hour in all entry-level positions across the bank. As an organization, we remain committed to looking closely at frequency and amount of pay increases across various departments in the bank. When considering annual salary budgets, we review available survey data for our industry and make adjustments as appropriate based on industry benchmarks as well as individual performance in the position. Additionally, we encourage internal progression and promotion of our employees as they grow and develop in their roles and we compensate for those moves aside from annual merit increases based on performance. These internal promotions, along with several other initiatives that we are in the process of deploying, are aimed at helping improve overall employee retention rates. We are striving to become an employer of choice in this region, and are committed to attracting and retaining top talent so that we can provide the best value to our customers, employees, community, and shareholders. We are dedicated to continually evaluating our competitiveness in the markets we serve. We appreciate your feedback and will always strive to balance the expectations and needs of our employees with the business performance requirements of the company’s investors

8. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great experience

Dec 10, 2021 - Branch Manager in Springfield, MO
    Business Outlook

Pros

People, company culture, small size

Cons

Pay, staffing model, software, training length

Continue reading

Talent Acquisition Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to share your review. We value your positive comments regarding our size, people, and company culture and appreciate your observations for improvement. We are always seeking ways to operate more efficiently and support continual training while balancing operating needs of the branch locations. We have chosen to offer several shorter training courses for our retail employees spread out over a long period of time to allow for a deeper understanding of content. By providing extra time between learning modules, we believe this allows bankers to absorb and practice course content before moving on to the next learning module. Additionally, we are soliciting more frequent feedback from new hires regarding the hiring, onboarding, and training processes to continue to uncover ways we can improve in these areas. We are committed to continually reviewing pay, staffing models, training programs, and software that we use to provide the best for our employees, customers, and shareholders.

9. 5.0
    Current Employee

a

Nov 4, 2021 - Investment Banking Analyst in Charleston, SC
    Business Outlook

Pros

i like this place cool

Cons

not much is fun here

Talent Acquisition Specialist

We appreciate the time you took to leave a Glassdoor review. However, we believe you have left this review on the wrong company profile. Guaranty Bank (MO) does not employ Investment Banking Analysts in Charleston, SC. We currently operate in Missouri and partner with another local business for investment services.

10. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Part Time Teller

Jul 28, 2021 - Part Time Teller in Joplin, MO
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great people to work with.

Cons

Programs are clunky and impractical.

Talent Acquisition Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to share your positive experience with us along with your observation for improvement. We remain committed to evaluating the systems we use and implementing upgrades when possible. Legacy systems are a challenge for many banks to overcome as they strive to serve customers in new and exciting ways, which we are committed to doing. Our aim is to increase efficiencies, decrease errors, and benefit our employees as well as our customers, while certainly balancing budgetary considerations and increasing shareholder value. Thank you again for your positive review and feedback, it is appreciated.

11. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Hard to move up

Aug 5, 2021 - Branch Banker Representative in Springfield, MO
    Business Outlook

Pros

The training provided was pretty good, but it could take a while for the training you needed to advance to be offered.

Cons

It was hard to move up within the company, they hired from outside frequently.

Talent Acquisition Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We value your feedback and we regret that this has been your personal experience. Thank you for acknowledging the value of our training programs. The branch banker model was implemented several years ago as a way to offer growth and promotion to retail banking employees without having to wait for an opening. After completing all of the necessary requirements on the checklist provided by their manager and demonstrating mastery of these concepts, they are promoted to the next tier which includes higher pay, an elevated job title, and expanded job duties and responsibilities. The challenges of COVID-19 are not an excuse, but they did severely limit our training capabilities as we had class capacity limits, branch closures, staffing difficulties, and other barriers that we all worked to navigate together. Unfortunately, this has delayed many of our bankers working to complete the scheduled training courses that are a part of that required checklist. We have adjusted many trainings to be available via Webex to allow for greater flexibility in this area. We pledge to continue enhancing our training and progression models bank-wide. We often strongly consider internal employees who apply for promotions or other positions across every department in the bank, but do believe in ultimately hiring the best person for that particular role. Again, your feedback is valuable and we will certainly use it to better ourselves in the future.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 36 Reviews
</>Embed

Guaranty Bank (MO) Reviews FAQs

Guaranty Bank (MO) has an overall rating of 4.2 out of 5, based on over 36 reviews left anonymously by employees. 82% of employees would recommend working at Guaranty Bank (MO) to a friend and 80% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 5% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Guaranty Bank (MO) employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.7 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Guaranty Bank (MO). This rating has improved by 8% over the last 12 months.

82% of Guaranty Bank (MO) employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Guaranty Bank (MO) 3.9 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.0 for culture and values and 3.8 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Guaranty Bank (MO) to be culture, management, benefits and the cons to be workplace, career development, compensation.

Popular Careers with Guaranty Bank (MO) Job Seekers