Guaranty Bank Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

2.8
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Doug Levy

Pros
  • I love the work/life balance and the people I work with (in 7 reviews)

• Its not hard to be successful, and the company loves to promote from within (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • Fire you if you do not meet sales goals (in 17 reviews)

• Super high turnover and does not surprise me at all (in 10 reviews)

1. "Great company to work for, great culture!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

I have been working at Guaranty Bank full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I love the opportunity I have here to influence the business. I have a voice and the company is willing to listen. They welcome feedback and are supportive. It’s refreshing to be at a company where people truly want to help you succeed. The company is transparent about the direction and initiatives they are taking to improve/ enhance the business. With that, the CEO, Doug Levy, and Senior Leadership are very visible. I truly believe the company and its employees embody their mission by having the customers at the center of their decisions. I am constantly learning in my role and they give me the flexibility to do so. I appreciate the diversity throughout the entire organization and am proud to work for a company that values that not only in its employees but in its customer base as well.

Cons

Technology isn’t always up to date but I have seen changes in certain departments that support a move to more efficient systems and processes.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing! I love to see all of the positive changes within the last few years and am feeling extremely confident in the future direction of the company.

2. "Good bank to work for if you are new to banking."

Former Employee - Personal Banker in Hamtramck, MI
    Former Employee - Personal Banker in Hamtramck, MI

Pros

They have flexible hours, good for new employees to start a banking career, eventually you can work your way up of your good in sales and operations.

Cons

They constantly change their commission structure, we got less and less money back every year. They should pay out more in bonuses.

3. "Great Company to Work For!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Guaranty Bank full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I love the work/life balance and the people I work with. My colleagues care deeply about the success of everyone around them, and know how to keep it professional but fun! The company strives to live by its value propositions, and wants to promote only quality products to customers that the customer genuinely will benefit from. If you are an employee that is reliable, dependable, and will come to work with a great attitude, then you will shine here. Its not hard to be successful, and the company loves to promote from within. It is a great place to start your career and work your way up!

Cons

Operating hours are retail based, which can be a challenge.

5. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bloomington, MN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bloomington, MN

I have been working at Guaranty Bank full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

GB has great benefits, flexible schedules (which is great for a work life balance) and you feel the people you work with truly care about you. This same feeling is extended to our customers. It feels good coming to work everyday and trying to make a difference in peoples lives. GB has a lot of opportunity for career advancement and does many internal promotions.

Cons

A few branches hold Sunday hours which can be challenging.

6. "Great company"

Former Employee - Banking in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Banking in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Guaranty Bank (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great company, located inside grocery store

Cons

Very demanding when it comes to making the target sale every month

"relationship banker"

Current Employee - Relationship Banker in Milwaukee, WI
    Current Employee - Relationship Banker in Milwaukee, WI

I have been working at Guaranty Bank full-time (More than a year)

Pros

great PTO, fairly easy job.

Cons

Goal Bonuses and pay are lower than other banks, company took away 401k match, company is not doing well. huge inconsistency of information within company. Bad management.

"Assistant Branch Manager"

Current Employee - Assistant Branch Manager in Glendale, WI
    Current Employee - Assistant Branch Manager in Glendale, WI

I have been working at Guaranty Bank full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

At this time, I don't have anything positive to say.

Cons

Hours aren't the best.
    Lack of leadership from Management.

"Self Experience"

Current Employee - Assistant Branch Manager in Dearborn, MI
    Current Employee - Assistant Branch Manager in Dearborn, MI

I have been working at Guaranty Bank full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Easy to get hired. Good training programs for new hires. Improving business structure.

Cons

Strictly sales based work. It is a bank but meeting sales target is must or you're in trouble. This creates cut throat competition among all employees. Dying bank business wise. High employees turn over. Very limited services in terms of banking services. Most services are NOT free. Bank is happy to charge you late fee or overdraft fee and never reverse it.

Advice to Management

The over draft fees that you guys are relying on... is like someone is putting(or pushing) hand in and pulling food out of your belly. It is painful and sinful. Improve services, instead.

"It was great in the beginning but horrible ethic work with staff, its pathetic"

Former Employee - Relationship Banker in Acworth, GA
    Former Employee - Relationship Banker in Acworth, GA

I worked at Guaranty Bank part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It was pretty laid back, but can't say that is even a good thing

Cons

NOT PROFESSIONAL AT ALL IN EVERY ASPECT! Its strictly sales, more worried about QUANTITY of accounts VS QUALITY!!! and staff does anything to sign someone up for an account or service without even explaining thoroughly all the fees that come with it or when they will be coming out. They see a joy in overdraft fees and never giving a client a break, just sad and pathetic that they cater to hardworking family but make it hard for them to keep their hardworking money. Sales is so competitive within the staff that they will be quick to take credit for others staff hard work, so sad. Manager there is so rude with comments to staff and clients. There has been plenty of racial comments, comments of someones appearance, sexuality and much more. Embarrassed to say i worked here and will never refer a soul here. Super high turnover and does not surprise me at all!

Advice to Management

You need to hire other races, be way more diverse. Theres a lot of talking behind clients backs and within staff which is just childish and even managers. Dress code has been the sloppiest i have ever seen out of banks. and even hair and makeup is gross. ladies at best bank need to learn to clean up as well.

11. "Comfortable"

Current Employee - Internal Auditor in Milwaukee, WI
    Current Employee - Internal Auditor in Milwaukee, WI

I have been working at Guaranty Bank (More than a year)

Pros

This is a great family company to work for. There is a lot of positive community and a laid back culture.

Cons

The company has struggled with it's financial position in the last few years.