Guardian Angel Home Care Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

2.3
CEO

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "office and field nurse"

Current Employee - Registered Nurse
    Current Employee - Registered Nurse

I have been working at Guardian Angel Home Care full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

one of the best companies out there in this industry, I've been here for almost 6 years, and I've seen many homecare companies come and go. The owners started this company because their son needed 24/7 care after an auto accident. They work very hard and are on-call 7 days a week, they have an open door policy to all.... They even give employment chances to people who are new in this country and know nothing about this industry... They take the time to teach them everything they need to know depending on what their skills are or what degree they have from another country and adapt it to Guardian Angel Inc.

Cons

None. I wish there were more companies out there like Guardian Angel, sadly I have not seen any yet.

Advice to Management

keep doing what you're doing because you make a difference in the lives of people every day, patients and employees. much respect!

2. "Case Manager"

Former Employee - RN Case Manager in Grand Rapids, MI
    Former Employee - RN Case Manager in Grand Rapids, MI

I worked at Guardian Angel Home Care full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The staff you work with are very good and truly do a good job in caring for their patients.

Cons

Poor orientation. Expect you to just jump in and go. No orientation to their computer system. Owner has unrealistic expectations for everyone. When I first started he came to our local office and during a meeting told the marketer who had only been there about 2 months, that he expected 50 referrals in the next 3 months!! Seriously???? They have lost alot of good management staff because of his expectations. He has no clue about clinical things and obviously not about marketing, even though he says he does.
    One individual that I worked with who is a professional and has been there about 8 years has never received a raise.
    All I can say to anybody looking for a job,
    "Run, run very fast!! You don't find out about all this stuff until they get you in there. Never any money given to offices to celebrate Christmas with a meal. Never heard owner say," good job" to anyone, anywhere. Too many family members working at corporate. I found out after I started the job that there had been 7 nurses in my position in the last 15 months!!!

Advice to Management

Let your management staff do their job and let your individual offices run themselves along with your management staff. Every community has their own culture. When your office is in a community that is over loaded with HHC Agencies, it's a dog-eat-dog world, and then you give marketers a whole $300/mo. to put on lunches and market.
    Corporate staff , especially intake and a few others like to cause alot off drama and problems. They have central intake and all their admissions from all over the US have to go through them. They constantly try to push their work off on the individual offices, where it used to be and where it should be. Visit corporate office and everybody is yelling and screaming at each and talking about each other.

"My Job title and expectations have changed 3 times ? Unorganized chaos from day one - this position is my worst mistake"

Current Employee - Intake Office Administration Coordinator in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Intake Office Administration Coordinator in New York, NY

I have been working at Guardian Angel Home Care full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The story behind why and how the business got started attracted me and they may have started out with great intentions- their RN's other staff truly care and are very professional with their patients

Cons

Orientation and On boarding are done from home at your expense after you are hired ! No forewarning of this at all and it took me by surprise , 2 days of running around getting TB tests, physical, defensive driving test , Hippa certification etc . Then they do not provide any kind of training other than self guided modules for their software home Care home base , not even a true welcome on my first day , their is no consistency between the local offices and corporate, very poor communication all around and they operate on a shoestring budget with high expectations. I heard my director yelling on the phone several times my first week both with the door open and closed . Barely any office supplies, not even a coffee maker , semi hostile environment with no future

Advice to Management

let your offices function locally, trust that those you hire can do their job that's why you got them in the first place . look at your demographic area, invest in marketing tools and supplies , spend money to make money . If your employees do not feel welcome and confident how will that transfer over to their patients and interactions?
    Number one - develop a training plan for all positions and make them uniform , taking 7-10 days to shadow with someone experienced and work side by side you will then have a fully trained employee equipped and ready to work that may stay for many years or even retire with you . Make sure HR is giving the correct information to managers and directors and following through

"Hospital Liason/Sales"

Former Employee - Sales in Columbus, OH
    Former Employee - Sales in Columbus, OH

I worked at Guardian Angel Home Care full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Very nice people at the corporate level, good rate of pay.

Cons

The owner is a micro manager, he's very cheap, operates on a shoe string budget, unrealistic expectations. Doesn't trust anyone, company is not well known.

Advice to Management

Give salespeople time to create a sales funnel and generate consistent referrals from resources. Eliminate the bubble effect. Invest in marketing.

"sales"

I have been working at Guardian Angel Home Care full-time

Pros

Good nurses and staff does their job

Cons

terrible intake, and poor management

Advice to Management

sell your company

"Very Intense Micro Management by the Main Owner."

Current Employee - Accountant in Rochester Hills, MI
    Current Employee - Accountant in Rochester Hills, MI

I have been working at Guardian Angel Home Care full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Benefits are nice. Co-workers are so friendly.

Cons

Salary is minimum wages or 1 buck more. Co -workers are supportive, Main Owner uses new refugees arrivals to pay them minimum wages. He wants to run over 22 location by himself and practice micro management on each location by himself.
    Spending 5 years there with the same title and salary. Running the whole department with more than 22 locations with no gratuity. Owner uses unappropriated names when talking.
    Stay Away .

Advice to Management

Replace Management, Review your employee annually.

"DSW"

Current Employee - DSW in Alexandria, LA
    Current Employee - DSW in Alexandria, LA

I have been working at Guardian Angel Home Care full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The satisfaction of enhancing and helping the consumers in their everyday lives.

Cons

The owners morals, the pay and the fact that their is no overtime pay, holiday pay, raise opportunities, and no appreciation of the employees.

Advice to Management

Your morals are crooked.

8. "RUN AWAY!"

I have been working at Guardian Angel Home Care full-time

Pros

There are some great people who work for this company.

Cons

The owner is abusive and micromanages everything. There is no communication or support from the corporate office!

Advice to Management

LISTEN to the people who are doing the job!

"Unprofessionalism"

Pros

I can't think of any

Cons

I should have read the reviews before I got in this company. I didn't follow my gut when I realized HR and Directors lied about my full time position which never existed. I don't recommend this company at all.

10. "Family Company"

Former Employee - Executive Coordinator in Rochester Hills, MI
    Former Employee - Executive Coordinator in Rochester Hills, MI

I worked at Guardian Angel Home Care full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I liked the family atmosphere and the cause.

Cons

I cant think of any