Guardian Pharmacy Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated November 27, 2017

Full-timePart-time

Fred Burke

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • You'll meet some nice coworkers (in 3 reviews)

• Engagement activities allow coworkers to connect and build relationships with one another which provides a strong and fun work environment (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • As the supervisor of Data Entry, the current team has been together for 2 (in 6 reviews)

• All ways too many people coming in and no and no one sticks round (in 6 reviews)

1. "Technician"

Current Employee - Pharmacy Technician in Jacksonville, FL
    Current Employee - Pharmacy Technician in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at Guardian Pharmacy full-time (More than a year)

Pros

break, free lunch, free water

Cons

poor work environment, hostile, favorites

2. "False pretenses"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Springfield, MO
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Springfield, MO

I worked at Guardian Pharmacy full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The hours are good if you want something in pharmacy but not retail.

Cons

The training for positions for new hires is lacking in all areas. Management especially higher up does not support the supervisor or decision making of those in the “chain of command”. It allows its employees to be disrespectful to not only co workers but also customers and the atmosphere is extremely negative as well as the general attitude of the employees. No respect for others or superior. The golden rule, while it is part of the core values, is not practiced

Advice to Management

Support your staff and management positions. Create a training program outside of normal operations with a designated area and schedule before going “live”. Don’t have unrealistic expectations and communicate with coworkers and staff. Use the chain of command channels and adhere to it. Clean house to get rid of the negative environment and create a team that is honest, respectful, and ethical.

3. "Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Guardian Pharmacy full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I don’t understand the negative comments made about Guardian and Saliba’s Extended Care Pharmacy. I come from a corporate background and I find it refreshing to work for a local family-owned business that looks at people as ‘people’ and not numbers.

John Saliba cares very deeply about his business, but even more for the people who work for him. This is evident in the way he actively joins his employees in the Pharmacy greeting everyone by name and with a smile. He works very hard to make Saliba’s a great working environment and is very generous with his recognition.

He and the leadership team are always looking for imaginative ways to engage the employees in the success of the company. They have developed several recognition programs to reward those that go above and beyond.

I, personally, find it a really good sign that his leadership team and many employees have tenure with the company. People do not stay where they are not happy. Longevity speaks for itself.

Saliba’s is a wonderful place to work. I have been treated very well and feel like I am a part of the team. The leadership team recognizes those that work hard and have a great attitude. The culture fosters accountability and action. Any employee who is willing to apply themselves and ‘own’ their performance, will be appreciated here.

Cons

The only ‘con’ I can think of is to encourage work/life balance; however, I also know that can be difficult in this industry.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!

4. "Pharmacy Technician"

Former Employee - Pharmacy Technician in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Pharmacy Technician in San Diego, CA

I worked at Guardian Pharmacy full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Its a great learning experience

Cons

no cons here at the pharmacy

"Operations"

I have been working at Guardian Pharmacy full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Nice coworkers and good communication among them

Cons

Company is mismanaged and does not prepare for future well

"Decent Company with Poor Leadership"

Former Employee - Corporate Employee
    Former Employee - Corporate Employee

I worked at Guardian Pharmacy full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Company mission is admirable
    Decent Pay

Cons

Poor work/life balance
    Can't trust management
    Lacks diversity
    No advancement
    Expensive medical benefits
    Good ole boy culture
    Unprofessional HR Managers

Advice to Management

Place more emphasis on training and showing confidence in your employees.
    Stand up for your direct reports instead of throwing them under the bus.

"Not a True Family Company!"

Former Employee - Pharmacy Tech in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Pharmacy Tech in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Guardian Pharmacy full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Lots of people here. Unlabeled food in the fridge is up for grabs. They give you time off some times if they are ahead enough on stuff.

Cons

Clearly they dont care about having a diverse staff here!! You know what I mean. Way too strict on attendance and showing up right at the exact second of your shift. You get in trouble for a few minutes early and a few minutes late. Theyll find any reason to write you up and then fire you. Our whole departmant was a CF literally. Boss text you and makes no sense. All ways too many people coming in and no and no one sticks round. The training sucks. They keep forcing us all to act a certain way and obey the values and work on their cores. We lose homes all the time cause our services so bad and too many mistakes. You know why so many people leaving? Cause its terrible to work here! All the supervisers buzzing round and making the place worse. Not a family at all!

Advice to Management

Don't think any one there even cares so have fun loosing all your customers and workers

"Terrible directors, terrible company"

Former Employee - Fulfillment Technician in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Fulfillment Technician in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Guardian Pharmacy full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I can't think of anything good. My employment here didn't last long. The girl near my station was always fun to talk to. :)

Cons

This is a real shady company. It's completely unclear what we do here. Put the pills in the holes, it's "pharmacy". Training is almost non-existent and then you get yelled at by pharmacists for doing things wrong. How is it "wrong" if it's not part of training? 90% of the rules here aren't written down. The failures here stem from the poorest quality of senior management, especially regarding the fulfillment and inventory departments. There are many in management, some not so great, but my supervisor was completely incompetent. And my director (so many, why are there like 10 of them?) probably the worst manager I've ever seen. That is my honest opinion as someone who was here and learned of the failures of this pharmacy. What is a quality director? Should a director spend the whole day is spent nitpicking every minor things, butting-in on things that don't pertain to the department, and ignoring the few things that the director needs to be involved in, you know, overseeing fulfillment and inventory. For example, I wouldn't get responses on procedural things for weeks because fulfillment management should be busy complaining about what billing department does. Or what data entry is doing. Or how the phones rings in the front. But anytime it's something to do with the pharmacy filling prescriptions, unless someone was being a tattletale or feeding her drama, she practically ignores it. Acts like everything she oversees run perfectly on its own, but in actuality this place hardly functions. And when they aren't ignoring their department's needs, a senior manager supposedly needs to walk around, complain about where things are on the shelf, spy on people over their shoulders when she thinks we aren't looking, and then trash talk other management personel, again thinking no one is listening?? Now directors responsible for some in-house driver program that is completely failing?? The drivers they hired are practically hobos, who shouldn't be trusted with things like narcotics. They get in accidents and deliver stuff to the wrong place all the time. Our old delivery company wasn't great but at least before they tried to take over it WORKED. My director's responsible but instead of fixing anything she ignores actual problems and tries to blame others so corporate guys in atlanta don't realize how bad she's running it and how much MONEY they are probably losing now. We have to put up with their kids, they makes us report to their Dailys kids with a very suspicious past. It's nepotism at it's worst. If you work for Guardian, you'll be ignored, dismissed, forced to listen to unqualified management's kids, blamed, and trampled over by incompetent directors who are "in" very close with the owner and could run the company into the ground but still get raises! Some people are much too close to the owner and everyone talks about it, even the other management. We can always hear them bickering and complaining. HR refuses to do anything about it. More people have quit over how this particular department is run than any other place, because of who runs it! No one wants to work for someone who backstabs, nitpicks, blames, and is solely responsible for making the whole business miserable. I would bet that all management problems are caused by one person (I won't say who), but they refuse to do anything about it because she so close to the owner. Maybe someone should look into this. This place will ruin your personal and at-home life with how miserable you become.

9. "pharmecutical assistant"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Guardian Pharmacy part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

very calm and efficient environment, very easy to get work done.

Cons

pristine position that amplifies perfection, since it is in the medical field no mistakes is expected, thus stresses out self growth in company.

10. "Courier-Customer Service"

Current Employee - Courier-Customer Service in Ormond Beach, FL
    Current Employee - Courier-Customer Service in Ormond Beach, FL

I have been working at Guardian Pharmacy full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Being a driver your basicly your on own...company keeps good care of cars.

Cons

should have 3 work shifts.

Advice to Management

More raises.