Guardian Pharmacy Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

2.8
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Fred Burke

Pros
  • We strive to provide World Class Service and a World Class Work Environment and I think we do a spectacular job (in 3 reviews)

• s a never ending struggle to truly achieve world class service (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • As the supervisor of Data Entry, the current team has been together for 2 (in 5 reviews)

• We were constantly behind on filling our cycle fill, we are never staffed right (in 3 reviews)

1. "Courier-Customer Service"

Current Employee - Courier-Customer Service in Ormond Beach, FL
    Current Employee - Courier-Customer Service in Ormond Beach, FL

I have been working at Guardian Pharmacy full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Being a driver your basicly your on own...company keeps good care of cars.

Cons

should have 3 work shifts.

Advice to Management

More raises.

2. "Fantastic Company!!!!"

Current Employee - Cycle Fill Auth in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Cycle Fill Auth in Phoenix, AZ

Pros

This company is ran top notch from the owner down to the leads. The owner knows the names of each of his 100+ employees and greets us with a smile and with his very positive attitude. Each department gets what ever they need to make our jobs faster and easier. We have a slow internet connection with numerous problems. The owner purchases the top of the line servers to help us all. We have problems with faxes, we get more lines coming in. I think you get the picture here. Front line supervisors rock and make each day a fun and great place to come to work.

Cons

None whats so ever, just a very well ran company!!!

Advice to Management

Keep up your fantastic work

"Reality Check"

Current Employee - Data Entry Technician in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Data Entry Technician in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Guardian Pharmacy full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I truly hope anyone considering working here carefully considers all of the reviews on this site.

Saliba’s Extended Care pharmacy had humble beginnings and no initial aspirations to become as large as it has become. The goal of this organization has been to provide top-notch service to its customers, while creating an exceptional work environment for its employees. As it turns out, more and more people want to experience our truly exceptional service, and here we find ourselves today.

Management is responsible for more and works more hours than you could possibly imagine. On top of dealing with the constant situations life deals you, these managers are responsible for making sure medications get out of the building and to their intended recipients in a timely fashion. They make every effort to accommodate as many situations as possible, while keeping the needs of the patients and customers serviced at the forefront of their priorities.

Quality work is noticed and absolutely rewarded in this company. The President and management team has the utmost loyalty to its quality employees who provide exceptional work, the end. There are yearly bonuses and preferable schedules for those who earn them. I will put this in quotes and capitalize for emphasis: “EARN”. Perhaps some of the previous opinions shared on this social media site are written by employees (current or former) that do not have top notch quality work or work habits, if judging by the improper word usage, spelling and overall sentence structure is any indication.

I hate meetings too. The “meetings” being referred to are stand-up meetings given by the president of the company to help keep everyone in the company abreast of what is happening. These are motivational to most of us and it really helps us put in perspective where we have been and where we are going. By the way, these are a direct result of someone saying, “why does everything have to be such a big secret?”

Pharmacy is a fast-paced, often confusing, and always stressful career. Those who tend to do well in the environment that Saliba’s has created are those who have worked difficult jobs and understand what real, awful work is. By nature, this is a stressful business, but we try to have fun and make each other feel good because sometimes our customers don’t. The training process is lengthy and the workflow a bit confusing at first. I have found myself groaning about some new process or exception, only to find out the reasoning behind it was quite well thought out. We are in a service industry, like it or not, and must bow to the demands of our customers to have the opportunity to service them. Sometimes these demands are difficult to manage and a plan is thrown together to manage it. Is it always perfect the first time? Of course not. However, we strive for perfection with each iteration; it’s a never ending struggle to truly achieve world class service.

The personal attacks that have been made on the President and Owner of this company are childish and unfounded; he is one of the most caring individuals you could have an opportunity to work for. He is often times here before anyone else arrives and is still here when most have left for the day. He has an open door policy and is genuine. He truly makes a conscious effort to be supportive to every one of his 140 plus employees and goes above and beyond to do everything in his power to make everyone feel valued and appreciated. However, as much effort as he makes to make everyone feel part of the Saliba’s family, remember this is also a business. Bottom line: Create value, do your best, have pride in your work (and yourself), try and be positive and I PROMISE you will be rewarded and love your family at Saliba’s Extended Care Pharmacy

Cons

Every company has cons, at Saliba's we have grown quickly the last few years, this causing work stations to be shared and training rooms to double as meeting rooms.

Advice to Management

Don't let the negativity change what you're trying to accomplish.

"Technician Supervisor"

Former Employee - Pharmacy Technician in Tulsa, OK
    Former Employee - Pharmacy Technician in Tulsa, OK

I worked at Guardian Pharmacy full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

nice building, nice coworkers . would be a dream job for someone.

Cons

Poor management equals poor leadership.

Advice to Management

Please choose your Pharmacy leaders more carefully , they are what drives the company, and your poor choice cost you very experienced employees

"Salibas rocks!"

Former Employee - Pharmacy Technician in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Pharmacy Technician in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Guardian Pharmacy full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

They are so great at deleting the true reviews. If your review is too negative and too true, it WILL be deleted. So smart John!

Cons

They can't keep all the negative reviews off here. That's just too bad. Too many to keep up with. Keep tricking people into working here !!!

Advice to Management

Get real. Let the truth show.

"Always Amazed"

Current Employee - Data Entry Tech in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Data Entry Tech in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Guardian Pharmacy full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Just had another Christmas party its just so fun. So glad we get a party once a year instead of a bonus like all our bosses apparetly get according to the rphs. But like my gramps always said hard work is its own reward so why would I want silly things like money for mny family. I get to spend even more time with my coworkers and supervisors in a crammed loud room! Hey, that's just like a regular day at work! Oooops, they tricked me. It is is cash bar and the alcohol costs more then the free food is worth so its almost like I lost money. There are prizes you can win, especially if your in management or one of their kids! It's just great. Most companies will have management take their names out of contests, but not Saliba's! At least several in management win major prizes each year. I'm happy for them that they can reward themselves like that because I would feel to guilty if it were me. They already get lots of company paid vacations like Disneyland and resorts so why not have some free gifts too! By buying themselves gifts with company money it's like a bonus they don't have to pay taxes on. Wow our bosses are so smart! Maybe if I suck up long enough I'll qualify for that someday to! I guess in the mean time Ill just have to work hard in the Q's all day. Sometimes we are interupted working for pointless team meetings or even better when managers and owner want to give pep talks to turn morale around. I guess people complained they were being treated like kids so they are doing new slogans and employees can do team activities about how world class we are, costume days or even pizza and ice cream days! I think thats great because those were all my favs in 3rd grade. Oh noooo- they confused us with kids again! Darn! After meetings we have to work even harder to get the piled up work out. It said challenging on the job application, so near impossible really holds up! In fact, I feel like my career is taking a ride on the Challenger! It sure is nice to have your management telling you that you have to have pride and share their core values. The core values remind me of those from a historic guy with a funny moustache. They thought they were world class too! I bet the owner is a big history buff. They have a new program to recognize people who are extra suckups calling them "champions" to help formalize who the favorites are. Management thinks it will improve morale somehow but it really just divides us even more. And if you guessed management's family are champions, you'd be right! I enjoy predictability in the workplace.

Cons

Well I listed so many pros it will be hard to think of cons. Ill try tho. My first little concern is we are completely overworked not just by hours but the stress. Because every day we miss our runs or barely make them. And there's always another run like every 4 or 5 hours. You finish one and we are all ready behind on the next one. It feels like failing everyday and it's just to stressful. The processes in place make things take so much longer then they should, that's the main problem. The building is loud and too small, there are not enough desks for everyone so we rotate. Its hard to work with how loud it always is plus theres terrible music playing all day. People yelling. Secondly our bosses never listen. If you recommend something youll be sorry u asked because you will be so stressed when you see how they all react. Usually most ideas for how to fix things are ignored. They are threatened by people who might actually be smarter then them. Sometimes they respond but argue back and forth with each other or make you feel stupid for bringing it up, or my favorite when they say employees are to "stupid" (well they use other words for it) for a confusing process change that would actually be simpler. And then the final option is a supervisor steals your idea and acts like it was theres. Everything we do is probably the longest most confusing way possible and they act like these are in to prevent errors. Guess what- we have tons of errors! More errors then any other pharmacy I have worked at. There are plenty of errors like wrong drugs but we have tons of other major problems like forgetting meds, delivery wrong cycle fill or messing up medical records and forgetting to fill when we are supposed to. Is this the job for you? Do you want to sit at a desk in a loud room and have people just yelling at you? We have people calling and complaining all day and everyone just things this is normal here. Part of it is that half of our staff is always new because so many people get quit or get fired, so we hire new people ASAP even when they aren't fit for this type of job. Not like anyone could ever have experience for Salibas. The things you learn here will have no use anywhere else. You try to tell your boss or trainer about all the errors you see and they never respond. The problems are never fixed. Or if they do it turns into an argument. So what's the point in trying here? Also everyone in management is too close and the higher up you go the closer they get. It makes a lot of people uncomofrtable.

Advice to Management

Respect employees and reconsider your management choices. No matter what you think employees are not respected or listened to fairly. Dozens of us have opinions to share. We are growing in numbers. More than half of us are ready to fight for fairness here. This mistreatment from management must end.

"Guardian Cannot Listen"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at Guardian Pharmacy full-time

Pros

Some on-the-job training, learning of systems, and an understanding of non-retail pharmacy. Fellow employees are mostly okay to work with. This Thanksgiving with my family has given me time to relax and organize my thoughts on my current employer.

Cons

I am just amazed when I see these reviews posted here, since almost all the "good" ones seem to be written by the corporate office or local management/presidents. As someone who has dealt with the real struggles of Guardian Pharmacy firsthand, I am appalled. I wonder why they spend so much time crafting an artificial online presence, and so little time actually fixing problems that employees report. I guess it explains the corporate culture a lot, doesn't it? The most senior people at Guardian are truly cut-throat, and the bloated HR department is there to see that employees do not get in their way, and to quickly replace those who do. But truly the biggest problem, I feel, is that Guardian downright does not respect their employees. They are so focused on growth and going public someday (so that all the old-timers, initial investors, and other C-titles can finally cash out), that everything else happening in their pharmacies are just viewed as mere arbitrary annoyances by management. I can personally say that this company shuts down employee ideas, creativity, and practically any sane thoughts on how to do business better (that would be less stressful to our severely overworked staff.) Probably their biggest goal after forced growth is their attempt at controlling employee attitudes. Respecting employees and forcing everyone to all think the same way do not really jive. Guardian has a long history of forcing everyone to drink the kool-aid, and is disturbingly quick to fire anyone who brings opposing thought or doesn't fit their quiet, worker-drone mold. This company legitimately thinks that teamwork is getting their staff to become cheerleaders and gossip spies, while simultaneously disciplining any non-managerial person for what they interpret as dissonance. It's disgusting to see that a company that purports such a small-business, true-to-local-America, family-run, patient-fist appearance, has none of this at its heart and is solely motivated by its quarterly margins so everyone in management can get their big bonus checks.

P.S., Guardian has been systematically and successfully reducing benefits across the board for several years now. "Benefits" is false term, as the company has pushed 100% of the costs to the employee, which they must pay in addition to their copays and absurdly high deductibles. They intentionally did this slowly each year so (most) people would not notice. The so-called "benefits" are truly despicable and I'm quite lucky I have a spouse whose employer doesn't gouge their own employees when it comes to healthcare. Oh, the irony, since Guardian is in the healthcare industry.

Advice to Management

Please respect the opinions of your employees. Please take their ideas seriously. NO, this isn't just some disgruntled employee for you to dismiss. I work here and I can vouch that these are serious problems, for which I hope you have serious solutions. We all know anyone who says any of this in person would be terminated for some BS reason crafted up by HR. It has happened enough times already.

"Unfulfilling Fulfillment"

Current Employee - Fulfillment Technician in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Fulfillment Technician in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Guardian Pharmacy full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Current employee. Pay is OK, not great. I was hired around $13, but another person was hired around the same time at $2 more. He's a guy, so that doesn't surprise me here.

Cons

My supervisor (one of too many) could be replaced with a robot that sends weird emails and prints out schedules. My director (one of too many) is like a child that gets into petty arguments about everything and makes processes more convoluted. That's my opinion. That would probably save us enough to hire another 10 techs. Everyone at Salibas mgmt is reworded greatly by Guardian for keeping employees working 24/7 with nothing to show for it.

People cycle through here because they have worked everywhere else in the valley. Saliba's is the last place, gets the bottom of the barrel employees, and has terrible turnover. So many people have worked here, they can't even keep track and keep rehiring employees they had previously fired!! Not joking. It is that bad.

It's impossible to get time off, so everyone is forced to call out sick. How's that easier than scheduling time off? My dept (one of many) is lucky enough to have a directors's kid (one of many) as a one of the dailys tech, and they are all born with the Salibas pharmacy spoon in their mouths, and are the only ones who that gets listened to, even if nothing even said or recommended makes sense. It's like that all over this company, with family and family-friends given respect and roles they should not have, while everyone else is ignored. You'd think the company would try harder to prevent things from being interpreted this way, but instead we all have to listen to their burn-out kids (not even just one family). Maybe if I married one of them I'd finaly have my opinion heard, because apparently thats what it takes for scrooge mcduck to respect you instead of calculating in his head how many more coins he could swim threw in his vault if everyone just shut up and worked harder. I'm always so frustrated because my ideas are never heard for all these reasons. But they just say "world class, world class" at everyone like some kind of propaganda slogan so people don't realize how bad it really is. It's not even that original, but they'd have you think they coined the phrase here. I really wouldn't recommend you work here, and I can hardly take it anymore. Too much crying involved.

We are forced to do ridic employee surveys and everyone lies them because they are not really annonymous. We consider them "loyalty tests" to prove your respect to the Saliba regime and the Emporer himself. The supervisors imply you will get in trouble unless you write nice things, so that's what everyone does. Plus, not even annonymous! In my opinion, it's the most poorly run pharmacy in the state and everyone is too afraid to speak up. This whole thing is a joke, and I am worried about our jobs, when a competitior snatches up our clients one day and we have to shut the doors.

Advice to Management

Fix everything I just said. You guys have so many bad reviews, ignore what's said, send out mandatory surveys, and then pat yourselves on the back when people lie and answer they love the place. Replace your management. Really. Problems start at the top and work their way down to the bottom. You can't fix problems in the company without fixing yourselves first.

"No, Just No"

Former Employee - Data Entry Technician in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Data Entry Technician in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Guardian Pharmacy full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Cool building, coworkers OK, vending machines are available for snacks. Big building with kind of a cool operation for delivering to people stuck in homes.

Cons

Prepare to be completely micromanaged by a dozen people in management who are completely unqualified for their jobs and are just cronies of the owners, promoted for being there so long. Supervisors treat everyone like children. Put your phone away. Take your watch off. You're a minute late. You have a bad attitude (I didn't.) You seem like a know-it-all (who says that??) You took your break late. You're on a warning. No snacks allowed anywhere. You brought chocolate into the buildling??? -- Yes, those are all things I heard from the band of enforcers and watchers at Salibas. But if you're in management or a pharmacist, you can ignore all these rules. Great examples? It's like the caste system. The owner is a multi-millionaire who acts like 25-cent raises will ruin the company, and is a truly eccentric strange person who has no one's respect. This is also the least organized and most confusing company you could imagine. Some people have been there a year and haven't completed training. Everything is just busy work. I enter prescriptions at less than half the speed I could due to all their weird policies. They have hundreds of exceptions you have to memorize, and keep adding to the list. The owner just touts his "world class" rhetoric down everyone's throats, but will never see that their business is doomed due to how poorly its run. I'm not trying to hate, I just really would not recommend this place to anyone looking.

Advice to Management

What can be said? No one in management will listen. Salibas and Guardian promote keeping their small aristocracy of management, owners, vice presidents, all in power, keeping the lower employees quiet and working, where their opinions and individuality don't count.

"Accountant"

Former Employee - Accountant in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Accountant in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Guardian Pharmacy (Less than a year)

Pros

great environment, cozy office, comfortable location

Cons

Low salary and growth opportunity.