Guardian Protection "customer service" Reviews | Glassdoor

Guardian Protection Employee Reviews about "customer service"

Updated Oct 1, 2019

3.1
Guardian Protection President Bryan Cipoletti  (no image)
Bryan Cipoletti
Pros
  • "Good benefits and they are personable throughout the company on a corporate level(in 7 reviews)

• "That being said, the career progression in the customer service role is there is you are motivated and want it(in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • "Like many customer service jobs, working with customers can be tedious and frustrating if you get the wrong person(in 6 reviews)

• "Upper management did nothing to remedy the situation and because of this, 5 employees resigned within 5 days(in 6 reviews)

Reviews about "customer service"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Family Environment"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at Guardian Protection full-time for more than a year

Pros

This Company is one of the best. It is a true family feel. Everyone works really well together. Turnover has been decreased dramatically and we have a good core group of people. We do have some openings and management is working hard at trying to get other departments into the building for additional career progression. That being said, the career progression in the customer service role is there is you are motivated and want it. Those that complain on here are those that don't want to work hard and put forth any effort. The leadership team here is amazing and very supportive and approachable. I love all of the extra activities they plan and small things they do to let us know they appreciate us. Pay may seem low to start but once you have put forth effort and proven your abilities you are paid very competitively and well. All of the TL's have started as reps and moved up, the training is very thorough and there is always new training that you can participate in if you want to. They have changed the career progression so it is available more quickly. I love coming to work everyday!

Cons

As a new center it does take time to get other departments to come down from corporate. Once that happens it will be really amazing to see the opportunity here! There was turnover in the beginning but honestly it seemed like people that wouldn't really work out anyways because they didn't want to put forth the effort and were happier jumping from job to job. If you want a career, this is definitely a place to be - again, you have to work hard and prove yourself though. Guardian is very fair to those that want to grow.

Advice to Management

Get some other departments down here and grow this center.

Guardian Protection2017-09-11
  2. "Hit or Miss"

Current Employee - Customer Care Representative

I have been working at Guardian Protection full-time

Pros

For a very individualized company, there is a surprising amount of good camaraderie among employees, though it's often a shared frustration about how customers can be rude.

Cons

Like many customer service jobs, working with customers can be tedious and frustrating if you get the wrong person.

Guardian Protection2019-10-01
  3. Create your profile to get personalized information

4. "Rewarding employer"

Customer Service Representative

I worked at Guardian Protection

Pros

Customer service appreciation week, holiday catering, rewards for meeting certain goals, great management

Cons

Pay is not all that, slow at giving raises

Guardian Protection2018-09-12
  5. "Guardian review"

I have been working at Guardian Protection full-time

Pros

Good work environment. Good helpful colleagues. People that work here are for the most part professional and dedicated to providing excellent customer service. The manager of software development is very supportive of her developers.

Cons

Developers really aren't dedicated to developing or maintaining software but also serve/overlap duties of business analysts. Developers also serve essentially as level 2 support. Tools for performing the job are not necessarily cutting edge. Lack of good quality assurance testing.

Guardian Protection2017-06-20
  6. "Awesome place to work, horrible job"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Tempe, AZ

I worked at Guardian Protection full-time for less than a year

Pros

Managers- Best management I've ever seen. You actually like your managers here Benefits- Good insurance and sick/PTO days Atmosphere- very laid back. No micromanagement, nice desks, lunches and special planned fun events

Cons

Customer service job is horrible. You get stuck doing every departments job and they will purposely just send people to customer service because they don't want to deal with it. Horrible communication between other departments. QA- their QA is disturbing. They expect a lot and always have criticism even when you get passing scores. Very discouraging environment. Nothing is ever good enough Lack of help- you are discouraged from transferring to any TLs. Wait times are long for other departments and if their wait is too long, you get stuck having to call customers back Negative job- you are being yelled at on a frequent basis for third party company issues and techs who don't show up and not even being able to help a customer. Too overwhelming for pay

Advice to Management

Don't throw a full que load on new trainees, people get overwhelmed too quick and causes the high turnover Focus on the big issues. Stop worrying about your CSRs causing escalations and look at why customers are really escalating calls.....third party issues and techs not showing up. Lessen your QA standards Get some more technical help. CSRs are not told they are full technical support and have to relay how to fix complex issues by telling the customer what another person said that is in house tech. And not being able to transfer causes money being wasted on service calls

Guardian Protection2016-12-10

"5 Years Employed"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Ambridge, PA

I have been working at Guardian Protection full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Decent pay. Some departments have flexible schedules. Benefits are okay. A great place to get your foot in the door for Security Industry, Call Center Experience, Sales, ect. Their training departments actually do a decent job for Customer Service. The culture and people are friendly. Some career progression opportunities acrosss departments.

Cons

Guardian Protection Services has a major problem with internal processes and procedures, procedures are constantly changing and most changes are very poorly communicated and structured. Guardian is like the IRS of procedures. There are literally books and books of procedures and sometimes it's hard to keep up. Your average work day will have you accessing over 10+ programs, tabing between multiple screens of the same program, some procedures require you entering the same information twice in multiple areas. If you are not proficient with a computer or capable of extreme multi-tasking usually under moderate stressful conditions then this job isn't the one for you. Your time and phone conversations at work wil be closely monitored and micro managed.

Advice to Management

Your focus for most departments should be to hire and promote from within the company. Most outside candidates have too long of a learning curve to make any meaningful difference or contribution to the company & department. Average salaries company wide could stand to be raised, turnover and attrition rate reflects this, especially in call center departments. Marketing department needs to step up their game - I've worked at the company several years and i'm still uncertain what they do all day.

Guardian Protection2015-08-20

"Sr Customer Service Rep"

I worked at Guardian Protection full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good and cheap benefits, decent pay but on the low end for customer service. Opportunities to increase pay aside from annual review with OT being offered regularly and shift differential for working after 12:00pm.

Cons

Lack of concern for employees best interest. Positions are hourly, but have "caps" so new employees are starting just under what long time employees are making. No room for advancement outside of Customer Service.

Guardian Protection2015-07-15
  9. "A Paycheck and little else"

Former Contractor - Customer Service Representative in Warrendale, PA

I worked at Guardian Protection for less than a year

Pros

They have pretty good health insurance. The are pretty easy to get a job with because they are ALWAYS hiring, the turnover rate is the highest I have seen anywhere. If you can last a year in customer service you can move to other departments. They train you for 3 months and if you work in customer service you have the help desk to call get easy access to help.

Cons

They put too much work on a person during a call. If you are on a call for too long, they hold it against you, if you don't pitch their latest unnecessary product they hold that against you. If you transfer a customer to another department sometimes other employees are rude to you. The shifts are bid for and are all over the place so you need to have flexibility. They pay is not on par with the stress level. Call volume is very high on a consistent basis.

Advice to Management

Don't hold it against people if they are late for their break because they were on a call helping a customer. Monitor how other employees treat other employees on the phones during transfers.

Guardian Protection2014-12-09

"The company is going to have to improve upon certain things if they want to be on the cover of SDM Magazine again"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Pittsburgh, PA

I worked at Guardian Protection full-time for more than a year

Pros

Paid training, good food, friendly/resourceful people, decent pay and benefits.

Cons

Guardian Protection Services needs to make some major leaps and bounds if they want to stay in the competition and back on the front cover of SDM Magazine. I would advise the company to conduct better research upon the products that they're selling to their customers. I understand from a business stand point of view that they want to sell all the bells and whistles and providing their customers with a "piece of mind". However a lot of the newer GE & Honeywell security systems (ex. touchscreens) still have some technical bugs that need to be fixed and worked out and therefore leading me into my next point which is a definite must. I would strongly advise that the onsite sales reps. always encourage the prosperous customers to get the "Extended Repair Agreement" and explain what it is to the customer so they are not having to pay an unreasonably high amount of money (Time & Material rates) to have work done if something is to go wrong with their security system. This isn't just going to be helpful for the customer and saving them money but the business as well in generating higher profits & revenue. The cost of some certain extra added devices are a bit unreasonably high as well and should be lowered to a much more reasonable and affordable cost. Also from another business stand point of view, the company should invest a lot more time and energy researching these 3rd party dealers that they collaborate with and the technicians that they're bringing on-board as well. There is a lot of miscommunication on the customer service floor and other departments all around too. My advice to management is to clean up this circle of confusion & misinformation. I can't begin to even tell you how many times that I had customers call in and complain saying to me that this rep. told him/her that but another rep. said something or offered something entirely different and I would check the system notes/comments but nothing was ever noted or specified. Please and I cannot emphasize this enough when I say this but they need to train their employees to leave more detailed notes. It will expedite the reps. call and leaving the rep. with a good call handle time. Another topic I would like to discuss and share is the Quality Assurance grading (which I found to be helpful and ridiculous). One day of every week all the customer service reps. would meet with their Supervisor/Team Leader individually in a room and listen to one or two of your call(s) and review how you had done in the past week. Your supervisor/team leader grades your call(s) based upon what's called a Quality Assurance sheet. Which is a grading sheet that's listed with all the "professional requirements" of things you have to say to the customer from saying "Please and Thank You" to "Offering additional assistance" and the list goes on from there. If you had missed anything on the list of those things to say or ask, or if your TL didn't like what you had said to the customer whether it was good or bad based upon their own individual opinion then you would get docked points which would effect your QA score and your QA scores would later on effect your rank/position for the shift bid which I found to be highly ridiculous. Management needs to look more into this. I think it's a terrible business tactic/idea when scheduling employees. I would like to address and shed some light on the amount of micro-management that goes on within the company. When employees are having conversations, whether it would be in the smoking area outside, the cafeteria, neighboring cubicles or even on the phone with the customers. If it's not negatively effecting the customers, other employees around them or their ability to work then I would strongly advise that certain TL's/Supervisors and managers to back off and to stop confronting their employee(s) and talking down to them. I know that some certain TL's and managers tend to get on these power rants because of their superiority within the company but I would advise them to be a lot more respectful towards the other reps. Last but not least. This place can be a "rumor mill" as someone else stated in a previous comment. Use your best judgement and cover yourself because certain employees in this workplace do like to stir up drama, rumors, and gossip about other employees. Which does occur in a lot of workplaces. However this should not be tolerated in a "professional working environment". I would strongly encourage management to look into this as well and take the proper disciplinary action(s) necessary.

Advice to Management

I was a business major and graduated with a bachelors degree in business administration so my advice to management is to be more understanding and caring of your employees within the company. Micromanagement is highly unnecessary.

Guardian Protection2014-08-16

"The scheduling system is unbearable but the people are nice."

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Warrendale, PA

I have been working at Guardian Protection full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The people are nice, helpful, always doing collections and group activities. Management is good, they are all enthusiastic about the company and know what it's like to actually deal with customers. Training is 3 months now, very thorough.

Cons

Morale is low due to the weird scheduling system they use for the customer service staff. Every minute of your life is micro-managed with an insane color-coded computer-phone time-tracking system which is inconvenient and kind of insulting. Every 3 months everyone bids for their shifts for the next 3 months and if you don't take their time-tracking system seriously enough, or are just new, you end up working weird shifts, like having Tuesday and Thursday off instead of a weekend...for 3 months.

Guardian Protection2014-06-08