Guardsmark Salaried Account Manager Reviews | Glassdoor

Ira A. Lipman
  1. "Liars and Cheats"

Former Employee - Salaried Account Manager in Chicago, IL

I worked at Guardsmark full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

Their paychecks never bounced and the office was heated in the winter time. Other than that, very little. Office location was nice.

Cons

If the corporate staff in Memphis tells you that the sky is blue, take a look out the window to make sure. I have never had an experience with a company like this where virtually nothing that was promised to or said to me during and after my employment there was true or accurate. Illegal posting of personnel based solely on race.

Advice to Management

Rein in your sales staff. If you have a customer who insists on paying peanuts they should be told they will get monkeys to work for them. Too many times a sales person handed operations an abortion and then got mad when it didn't live. Knock it off with the pre-employment polygraphs. During happy hour bull sessions, branch staff would try to one up each other about what they lied about on their polygraph and got...

Guardsmark2015-07-16
  2. "I have managed to move up from being a Security Officer to Management"

Current Employee - Salaried Account Manager in

I have been working at Guardsmark

Pros

Benefits and salaries are good for both Management and officers and there is a certain degree of autonomy. I have a very good boss who lets me do my job, but I can always come to him when I have a problem.

Cons

Sometimes long hours, and if one wants to move up past account manager, it is unlikely, unless the person is either from a famous school, ex-military or ex-law enforcement. Also,way too much paper is used instead of distributing and storing soft copies of documents such as post orders, Some clients are also unhappy with the lack of advanced technology offered by Guardsmark.

Advice to Management

Look more at your long-time management employees for promotions to branch manager or Manager-in-Charge instead of mostly hiring for outside for these positions. There are a lot of us out there who are perfectly capable and you will see the benefits of having tenured people in those positions who are already familiar with the accounts, the area serviced by that branch, and how Guardsmark works.

Guardsmark2011-05-03