Guardsmark "low pay" Reviews | Glassdoor

Guardsmark Employee Reviews about "low pay"

Found 302 reviews

2.8
Guardsmark CEO Ira A. Lipman
Ira A. Lipman
Pros
Cons
  • "Management that doesn't back up their employees, low pay, high turnover, menial benefits, pretty much a dead end job(in 17 reviews)

• "I would like to see the company allow direct deposit(in 14 reviews)

Reviews about "low pay"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Typical Security Job"

Former Employee - Security Guard in Oak Brook, IL

I worked at Guardsmark full-time for more than 4 years

Pros

Fairly easy work. Not much else.

Cons

Management that doesn't back up their employees, low pay, high turnover, menial benefits, pretty much a dead end job.

Advice to Management

Quit going to the graveyard to find employees. You need more then dead bodies and mindless twits with huge egos to the job.

Guardsmark2018-01-25
  2. "Security Guard"

Current Employee - Security Guard in Stratford, CT

I have been working at Guardsmark part-time for more than 2 years

Pros

Receptionist front desk position, good hours

Cons

low pay, tenants don't obey rules

Guardsmark2016-04-03
    • "Absolutely awful, don't wish this on anyone."

Current Employee - Security Officer in Denver, CO

I have been working at Guardsmark full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

This pittance they pay is better than $0 per hour and I get to be alone. Being alone gives me time to think about other things or nothing at all.

Cons

What's not a con? Does not promote from within Management does not admit when they make mistakes Low pay Frequent payroll errors No access to pay stubs as they have gone "green" and will not provide access to pay stubs without you begging for it. Some sites do not even have a restroom available. You either get $10.50 an hour plus two extra hours for having to drive to the...

Advice to Management

Do the opposite of the things I listed in the cons section. Start to care about your people, instead of just using them to make money and considering everyone disposable.

Guardsmark2016-02-22
    • "It's ok"

I have been working at Guardsmark full-time

Pros

Really no pro. It's just a stepping stone if you want to get into security. They just got bought out by another company.

Cons

Low pay, bad management/communication skills, vacation after a year of working there, meaning after 1 year, your vacation year is going to be the next year.

Advice to Management

Communicate with your staff, raise wages.

Guardsmark2015-12-16
      • "Security Officer"

Current Employee - Security Guard in Lithonia, GA

I have been working at Guardsmark full-time for more than a year

Pros

Flexible hours and days. Overall its a great company to work for.

Cons

Low pay and no yearly pay increase Private own company that is being sold to a company that I know nothing about.

Guardsmark2015-12-01
        • "Just use to get a better job or go to school"

Former Employee - Security Officer in Austin, TX

I worked at Guardsmark full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

There is really no pros besides having an hour long lunch and the job is easy.

Cons

Committing to revolving schedule, working holidays, low pay, no benefits, terrible supervisors, no pto until after 2 years. Honestly it is a good job if you have nothing going for you and you are desperate. If you work here consider going back to school or finding a better job while you work here. Oh and who still uses paper time sheets any more? Stop being so cheap.

Advice to Management

If you keep hearing that a supervisor is bad and you can clearly see they are terrible then remove them or send them to a different site.

Guardsmark2015-08-19
        • "Good starter job"

Former Employee - Human Resources Specialist in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at Guardsmark full-time for more than 4 years

Pros

Decisive management style, former FBI colleagues, small branch locations, interesting work, bonuses. Great for a starter job out of school. If you like structure it's a good fit for you. Bases in Tennessee.

Cons

Cheap at times, many directives from corporate, low pay for security officers, high turnover. Corporate feels disconnected at times.

Guardsmark2015-06-25

"Guardsmark is a piece of Garbage"

I have been working at Guardsmark full-time

Pros

It's a job....barely to survive with the income but it's job. I guess better this than staying home for nothing.

Cons

Very long hiring process and lots of paper work. ( Background check, drug test, polygraph test, 40 pages application, 500 psychological questions test) Low pay(usually $10-11/hr) Old and already worn by other officers uniforms Monthly training( it's not a real training, they will ask you to read some materials and copy the answers on the sheet every month. totally waste of...

Advice to Management

This company is not going to change. Officers are treated as numbers not employees. The goal is to make Lipman and his buddies happy and rich. Listen big boss! Stop sending those stupid newspapers which everyone throws to garbage trash anyway. Stop sending those stupid Christmas cards showing you and your family. Who cares about that? Nobody! Start treating officers as employees. Offer them better pay and benefits.

Guardsmark2015-07-26

"Security Officer - Park Building (Pittsburgh branch)"

Former Employee - Security Officer in Pittsburgh, PA

I worked at Guardsmark full-time for more than a year

Pros

I enjoyed meeting a lot of new people. The job required interaction with a wide variety of people, and this gave me valuable experience.

Cons

The management was very seedy and dishonest, failing to keep their promises to employees, overlooking a lot of inappropriate conduct by employees (including sexual harassment and failure to fulfill responsibilities), and being very careless and indifferent with the hiring process (they basically would take in anyone, even if they were not qualified). My coworkers mostly did not care about their jobs (e.g., ignoring alarms...

Advice to Management

There is a great need for more integrity. You should put a lot more thought and care into who you hire and why. You need to communicate with your employees, listen to complaints and suggestions, and demand accountability for mistakes rather than letting things slide.

Guardsmark2015-07-24

"Guardsmark review"

I worked at Guardsmark

Pros

The only pros I can think of are flexible scheduling around my classes and the people I worked with.

Cons

Pretty much everything else. Low pay. The managers don't care about you. You're just a body to cover what they need. They only care about keeping their contracts and keeping them cheaply. No paid time off. Only paid for holiday if you work. No one had any raises in the 5+ years they've been there.

Advice to Management

Whatever you're doing, do the opposite.

Guardsmark2015-05-15