Guavus Reviews | Glassdoor

Guavus Reviews

Updated 21 Aug 2019

Found 157 reviews

3.3
Guavus CEO Faizel Lakhani (no image)
Faizel Lakhani

"Great opportunity to work with super smart, driven people who are committed to success"

in San Mateo, CA

I have been working at Guavus

Pros

great technology with enormous market potential. Really exciting opportunity for people who get jazzed about building a high value company, and aren't afraid to jump in and use their initiative to get things done.

Cons

The company is growing fast which means sometimes their are rapidly shifting priorities and you need to insert yourself into conversations to make sure you're always current and focused on the most important projects.

Advice to Management

Given that employees are spread across varying time zones and regions it would be helpful to implement a more user-friendly social collaboration platform for easier communications and sharing of ideas.

Guavus2012-05-10
  2. "Data Scientist"

Current Employee - Data Scientist in Gurgaon, Haryana

I have been working at Guavus full-time for less than a year

Pros

Qualified peer group, Employee first policy

Cons

I will come back and write more here.

Guavus2019-08-21
  3. "Fantastic place to work and grow"

Former Employee - Team Lead in Montreal, QC

I worked at Guavus full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- Great deal of data processing and analytical technologies - Huge investment in personal improvement and learning - Solid employee-first-policy - Dynamic environment - Lots of activities to do and have-fun-together like a family - Few levels of hierarchy where the "boss" of your "boss" is coding next to you on the same project - Work/life balance - Very competitive benefits (hardly could find companies... competing with Guavus)

Cons

Guavus is in transition to shape a new culture of work and product development. That may not be easy for everybody to jump-in and needs adventurous people.

Advice to Management

The engineers can handle more than it seems!

Guavus2019-07-05
  4. "Great Team"

Former Employee - Software Developer in Montreal, QC

I worked at Guavus full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great team to work with. There is always an expert is all data related domains. Great place to learn and play with new technologies.

Cons

Company is pivoting to a different internal structure. It could mean small projects, but it's not proven yet.. Some uncertainty there.

Advice to Management

Trust the devs!

Guavus2019-06-10
  5. "good"

I worked at Guavus full-time

Pros

Very good company to work for

Cons

No cons in my opinion

Guavus2019-06-03

"very curious to know why"

Current Employee - Engineer in New Delhi

I have been working at Guavus full-time

Pros

great ppl to work with very friendly policies good work life balance people who are motivated to do good work and really think of the company as their own good technology exposure freedom to try new ideas subordinates who value our work

Cons

Dear CEO Sir and people operations team --- Let me start by saying all of us are in favour of having our ex guavuns join us back as they all leave for various different reasons. But what is currently happening in hiring process is beyond astonishing. People that are joining us back are setting up bad hiring examples - case in point being newly appointed data scientist who left Guavus in May 2016 to form his own... analytics company. He also forced a lot of current employees to resign from Guavus creating false rumours about the centre and also kept the higher management in dark stating employees wanted to resign themselves. Not just this, for 1+ year that he was forming his own company, he made some of the employees work on his personal projects hiding a lot of truth from them. This was done on company’s time and cost. He also brought along his partners to Guavus premises to propogate about their company. All of this was done with the support of a top level VP and the employees were forced to keep quiet by misleading the top management that the team is not capable. Some loyal employees decided to fight and stay back with the company. Now this person is hired back in a role that he does not even have the qualifications for….. In US, if such an event occurs, it would be consider as violate company policy but since it was India, everything was hushed under the table as one high level VP was also involved. CEO sir, my beleif this is against the work ethics we want to have at Guavus. I am suprised the the HR is acceptable of such employee behaviour. If we are hiring such people, then the impression this sshows to the other loyal and hard working people such behavior is acceptable. urge you to please look at this because it creates an environment of distrust. And if hiring continues like this, very soon a lot of the workforce will again loose the trust in their CEO (which by the way they have has recently has started to have)

Advice to Management

Request to HR - just do a simple CV check and you will know he has no qualifications or experience to be a scientist….! This is an insult to other people in same roles who work and prove themselves to get a title like that.

Guavus2019-06-07

"Nice working experience"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Gurgaon, Haryana

I have been working at Guavus full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

1. Use of niche technologies 2. Lot of opportunities to learn Big data space & ML 3. Flexi timings 4. Get time for trainings & new learnings 5. Lot of fun activities to keep employees engage 6. If you want to do something good, you are allowed to do.

Cons

1. Like normal companies it has problems which can be solved.

Advice to Management

1. Keep time & measurement of strategic plans 2. Hire people who are aligned to organisation

Guavus2019-04-26

"A place to enjoy work and life"

Current Employee - Technology Lead in Gurgaon, Haryana

I have been working at Guavus full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

- Get to work on amazing stuff that invigorates your mind. - Good colleagues from whom you get to learn a lot. - Most of the managers are good. - Amazing perks and benefits - good amount of leaves and much more than expected holidays. - This is the best part - Guavus respects all its employees equally. Even if you are the junior most engineer, you get to travel Business Class if you travel on a long haul flight.... Same benefit as what a VP or a Director would get. Not many companies give you a Business Class flight, and those that they do, reserve it for elite honchos. - CEO is reachable, and to make himself more reachable, he has launched an incognito tool that makes it easy to give critical feedback that you might not give openly. And the best part is that he reads out the harshest of those and answers them in all hands. - I am excited about the work I do and get paid reasonably well.

Cons

Some senior folks who were used to generous hikes when they were young, crib about not getting 25% hike every year.

Advice to Management

Things have improved vastly in the last 1-2 years. Keep on doing the good work !

Guavus2019-04-04

"If you in Guavus, you are definitely learning"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Gurgaon, Haryana

I have been working at Guavus full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Open Culture. Everyone is reachable. Work-life balance. WFHs. Management open to listen any new ideas.

Cons

Transparency doesn't have the same meaning in Guavus. Too many managers, lesser actual working force.

Advice to Management

Make decisions and take stand.

Guavus2019-04-18

"Nice place to work"

I have been working at Guavus full-time

Pros

Good salary take home you get Good work culture, ppl can choose what they want to work upon

Cons

Middle Management can improve with time

Advice to Management

Great times to come, keep up the good work !!

Guavus2019-04-03