Guesty Reviews | Glassdoor

4.3
Guesty CEO and Co Founder Amiad Soto
Amiad Soto
Pros
Cons
  • "Also a lot of new employees and roles - makes hard to remember names and understand their positions(in 3 reviews)

• "Since the company is growing, there's a lot of people and processes can take some time(in 2 reviews)

"Rare group of people"

I have been working at Guesty full-time for more than a year

Pros

- The most compatible and collectively fun and interesting group of people work at Guesty. Every department is fun to roam into (including management) and banter. - CEO regularly updates everyone and provides and candid report on what is going well and what the goals are. - You can move around departments and people who want to move up have the ability to do so.

Cons

- Growing pains going from small intimate startup to 4X that in one year.

Guesty2018-05-08
  2. "Keeping cozy vibe in spite of rapid growth"

Current Employee - Full Stack Developer in Tel Aviv-Yafo

I have been working at Guesty full-time for less than a year

Pros

- People. They are nice, and they are nice consistently. You can be sure that everyone around will be civil and friendly, despite the work-related pressure and stress. Management is rather open - you can chat with your manager's manager or even CEO in the elevator, safe in knowledge that a random word or an innocent joke will not backfire at you. It's a good community with a good vibe. - Nice office. Both placement and interior. Cozy, lots of places to escape your usual room for a while, like standing desks in halls or cafeteria. -Business itself. Solid product with understandable human and business value that one can care about.

Cons

-Typical growth pains: things change fast, tasks flash by, things get decided quickly, general tempo is very high and decisions are impactful - sometimes it's hard to find the time to breath out and settle your plans a bit - you just have to run to another task-defining meeting. Also, although the company is rapidly obtaining and renovating more floors in the building, recruitment somewhat outpaces workspace extension at the moment, so on your first day or two one may not be able to stay in the room with one's team, for example - just because there is no space available in a particular room. This is temporary, but some hopping around might be expected.

Guesty2020-03-06

"Nice company"

Former Employee - IT Help Desk Technician in Tel Aviv-Yafo

I worked at Guesty part-time for less than a year

Pros

a happy and hardworking company, they rely heavily on their employees and their abilities to do various things

Cons

you need to work overtime (like every startup i guess)

Guesty2019-12-11

"Worst place I've ever worked at"

Former Employee - R&D Team Lead in Tel Aviv-Yafo

I worked at Guesty full-time for less than a year

Pros

Dog friendly, great central location

Cons

Poorly organized and dysfunctional management. Very political, lots of gossip. HR is an erratic mess. Culture is super toxic no wonder the turnover is so high.

Guesty2019-12-13

Guesty Response

December 16, 2019HR Director

We are really sorry to hear this feedback. We pride ourselves on our culture, our amazing people and our relatively low turnover but we will definitely take all this feedback to heart and try to see what we can do to improve. One of our main goals in Management is to make sure people feel happy and cared for.

"Awesome Company"

Current Employee - Operations

I have been working at Guesty full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great and smart people, cool vibe, very international, exciting industry, fast growing and dynamic, fun work environment

Cons

Since the company is growing very fast you need to be ready for changes, but if you are flexible enough and ready to develop you see the beauty of growing with the company and taking part in something big

Guesty2019-08-26

"The hottest company"

Current Employee - Customer Success Manager

I have been working at Guesty full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great and attractive product and market, amazing work life balance (working from home and going out early is possible), they care only that you deliver the best work possible and trust their employees. Most of the current employees are +2 years and have all grew inside the company in different positions. Great perks (happy hours, once a year trip abroad)

Cons

Managament not really involved in the day to day department activities

Guesty2019-08-21

"5/5 does not recommend"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tel Aviv-Yafo

I worked at Guesty full-time for less than a year

Pros

Central tlv, beer on tap, young environment.

Cons

Poorly organized and dysfunctional management. Processes are inefficient. Very political, lots of gossip. HR is an erratic mess. Culture is toxic no wonder the turnover is so high.

Guesty2019-08-05

"The most savage treatment of employees I have ever seen!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tel Aviv-Yafo

I worked at Guesty full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Nice office in the heart of Tel Aviv - 10bis - beer and Gym!

Cons

Extremely high turnover rate as employees is blamed (and laid off). The most savage treatment of employees I have ever seen. - Clear favoritism. - No upward mobility. - Terrible communication. - Poor management structure. - HR is erratic and unprofessional. Toxic VPs!!! If you aren't in the inner circle, you have no growth opportunities. New employees are VPs friends. A chaotic workplace environment.

Guesty2019-06-24

"Great People, Great Startup"

I have been working at Guesty full-time for less than a year

Pros

Awesome, global group of people who you'll want as your friends outside of work. Good vibes across the company. It is a startup that is growing, so you can really see the impact of your work and touch various areas of the business. A collaborative group.

Cons

The building is under construction, so can be a tad annoying (but not a big deal). Was a meeting-heavy culture but that is now changing.

Guesty2019-04-14

"The hottest company in Tel-Aviv"

Current Employee - Vice President Finance in Tel Aviv-Yafo

I have been working at Guesty full-time for more than a year

Pros

Growing and scaling rapidly The best and fun to be with people I'v ever worked with Encouraging creativity

Cons

We grow fast - so meeting growth requirements take some time Not for people who are solo players who can't work in a non-quite environment

Guesty2019-04-04