KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Guidant Financial Reviews

Updated May 10, 2022

Found 96 of over 97 reviews

4.6
Guidant Financial CEO & Co-founder David Nilssen (no image)
David Nilssen

130 Comments

Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
  • "At first this seemed positive however, the group they hired seems to be operating off of poor information, and in a 100% remote environment/workforce, feels like an agenda is being shoved down my throat rather than providing actual training that may improve the team.(in 4 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Dreams do come true - never stop dreaming

Apr 21, 2022 - Account Manager II in Houston, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

For nearly 20 years I have been competing against Guidant Financial in the ROBS space. In February of this year I got "THE" call. The call I had hoped for but did not expect. Being able to join the #1 ROBS Provider in the Country working in my network of SBA lenders - just too too good.

Cons

I've not found one yet - mgmt is so supportive - even at the executive level.

Guidant Financial Response

We are so happy that you chose to join us and thrilled to be on the same team! It's great to hear of your experience thus far and would also share that we want constructive feedback. It's the only way we get better. So please do not ever hesitate to provide it. We're looking forward to the next 20 years with you! -- David Nilssen, CEO

2. 3.0
    Former Employee

Good But Not Great.

May 10, 2022 - Client Onboarding Specialist
    Business Outlook

Pros

The biggest pro was working from home! The opportunity to work remotely was great. The benefits they offer employees are wonderful as well. The team environment was very welcoming and felt very comfortable. I loved the company! So sad to not be apart of it.

Cons

So I was recently let go for expressing that it was more on the phone than anticipated. I had just finished “training”. I caught on quick and I know I was doing good. I never once said I wasn’t comfortable with the job or that I couldn’t do it. From the beginning you are encouraged to apply for other opportunities you think you will be more comfortable in. A compliance position opened up. I hadn’t been there long but decided to ask about it. My manger and HR was very helpful and encouraged me to go for I did I however didn’t get the position. I expressed that it was okay and I am still happy with the position I had. I met with my manger and told him I was perfectly okay with taking phone calls! Then 4 days later I was fired without notice. I feel like I was wrongfully terminated. I was mostly not comfortable with the phone call aspect because I feel as though we was not given adequate training for something so intense.

3. 4.0

Great Remote Opportunity

May 5, 2022 - Retirement Plan Specialist
    Business Outlook

Pros

Supportive team members, honest communication, and the ability to work autonomously.

Cons

Somewhat of a learning curve depending on your previous experience. Lot of information to process. Technology could be better.

Guidant Financial Response

Thank you for making the time to share your thoughts about working at Guidant. It's nice to hear your perceptions of the workplace and I agree, the learning curve is a bit long because of the annual nature to the business. Keep providing your feedback! -David Nilssen, CEO

4. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great Company

Mar 1, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great leadership who actually cares. That's rare to find. Small enough to feel like a start-up, but large and old enough to be stable and reliable. It's a great place to work.

Cons

All remote, work from home. You'll either love it or hate it. Another issue with being such a small company is room for advancement. The turnover is very low, so depending on your position, there may be nowhere to move up to.

4 people found this review helpful

Guidant Financial Response

Thank you for taking time to write a review! And, for your positive feedback. We like to refer to ourselves as a "mature start-up" and it's great you see it that way too. The company does have very low turnover but don't let that hide the fact that last year over 40% of our team took on new roles. We have lots of opportunity for advancement -- but, as you point out, it may not always be in your same department. Please keep talking about your aspirations with your supervisor. We want to support them! -- David Nilssen, CEO

5. 5.0

Take the Job Offer!

Feb 28, 2022 - Account Representative I
    Business Outlook

Pros

I always knew I wanted to work from home for a very long time however before the pandemic, those opportunities were very few and far between. When I was in the job market after graduating college and wanting to take on more of a challenge, I started looking. I came across the job posting, read the duties and requirements,, thought, 'I can do this!' and applied. -The interview process took awhile being there were 3 different and long interviews but I hung in there and kept advancing. (this is a good thing because it shows the company doesn't just hire anyone, aka, the turnover rate seems very low) -When I accepted the job offer, the HR manager understood that I had to give my current job notice, which I thought was perfect because that gave time for the equipment to be sent to me. -One of the IT team members reached out to me via email and phone to send my equipment to me. Now, I am pretty tech savvy so when I got the equipment, I was able to set everything up myself. -On my first day, I got a call right on time from the IT manager to set me up with all of the programs and make sure my equipment was set up correctly. -Also on my first day, the HR benefits specialist had a meeting with me to go over benefits and enroll in them also. She was very patient and answered ALL of my questions; which leads me to... -The benefits are wonderful! I am now able to get my dental work done. -My trainers and team made this a pleasant experience for me since it is my first time working from home. This was huge transition for me but I made the right decision in accepting the job offer from this company. -Work-Life Balance is second to none. They really do want you to take care of yourself and if something comes up where you need time off, they do not hesitate to make sure you are taken care of. -Diversity- I work with people all across the country and even internationally. Its so fun getting to know everyone and all the different ways of life and cultures. If you get a job offer from this company- take it!

Cons

At this time, I cannot think of a con because any concern that I have voiced has been addressed.

2 people found this review helpful

Guidant Financial Response

It's so great to hear of your onboarding experience. And, I'm glad you're finding the "balance." We want people to put in a hard days work and then shut it off and spend time with those that matter most. I'm glad you're here and thankful for your feedback. -- David Nilssen, CEO

6. 5.0

Dream Job

Feb 3, 2022 - Operations Support Supervisor
    Business Outlook

Pros

Even in the beginning before being hired, during the interview process you feel how connected everyone is and the passion they have working for this company. This company stresses the importance of its values, principles, their vision, and their mission and stand behind it. Once hired, the feeling of being a part of something amazing doesn't stop and still hasn't stopped. Everyone is ready and available to help one another and they are willing to help at any time. From the meetings that are consistent, to the emails that keep you up-to-date, to the information about this company and it's procedures and it being readily available at any time and always updated, it's in my opinion the best company I've worked for in a very long time. It almost sounds like I'm being paid to say these things, but I assure you, I'm not. Working for this company doesn't even feel like "working". It's full of amazing people who want to see you succeed. The people that I work with make it fun to come to work. (smile)

Cons

I honestly can't name 1 con. I think it would be cool with everyone being located all over if one day we could plan a company gathering if covid-restrictions permit it so that we could meet face-to-face. I love that we are remote and that even in being remote things still run so smoothly and we still feel so connected to one another and can still get the job done!

Guidant Financial Response

I'm thrilled to hear about your experience. We will have more in person opportunities in the future. COVID makes that challenging but it seems restrictions are slowly lifting. Thank you for your thoughtful feedback! -- David Nilssen, CEO

7. 1.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Unwilling to listen to feedback

Mar 19, 2022 - Onboarding Specialist in Seattle, WA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Benefits are great and culture is good in teams

Cons

Overall management had no REAL interest in increased diversity.

Continue reading
    Be the first to find this review helpful
  8. 4.0
    Former Employee

Fun team

Jan 31, 2022 - Vice President Marketing in Seattle, WA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great team environment and competitive salaries

Cons

Sometimes it's more about profits than making the best overall decisions

9. 5.0

Great Place to Work

Dec 1, 2021 - Sales Development Representative (SDR) in Sarasota, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Very fun environment, everyone is a team, you can trust your coworkers and superiors and there is a lot to learn.

Cons

Honestly none for me, but to give fair advice, here are some possible cons for certain professionals: * If you do not like the idea of calling prospects - Sales is likely not the best position for you in the company. * If you do not like to hear no, this job and the sales career itself are probably not a good fit. * If you do not have the discipline to work remote or just prefer an office, this might not be a company you would want to consider, as it is fully remote.

Guidant Financial Response

Thank you for taking time to write a review. Trust is the foundation of any successful relationship/partnership so I'm glad you feel we're doing well there. And, I think this is a fair assessment for anyone considering a sales opportunity. - David Nilssen, CEO

10. 5.0

Awesome Company!

Nov 8, 2021 - Account Representative in Atlanta, GA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great team atmosphere, competitive compensation and benefits, good training program.

Cons

I honestly haven't found any yet.

Guidant Financial Response

We appreciate the review and the positive feedback. If you every have some constructive feedback, please share it. We always welcome the opportunity to improve. - David Nilssen, CEO

Viewing 1 - 10 of 96 Reviews

Guidant Financial Reviews FAQs

Guidant Financial has an overall rating of 4.6 out of 5, based on over 97 reviews left anonymously by employees. 89% of employees would recommend working at Guidant Financial to a friend and 93% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -4% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Guidant Financial employees rate their compensation and benefits as 4.3 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Guidant Financial. This rating has improved by 1% over the last 12 months.

89% of Guidant Financial employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Guidant Financial 4.8 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.7 for culture and values and 4.4 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Guidant Financial to be benefits, senior leadership, career development and the cons to be compensation .

Popular Careers with Guidant Financial Job Seekers