Guidewire Reviews | Glassdoor

1. Featured Review

"Consistently Solid"

Current Employee - Sales Representative

I have been working at Guidewire full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

- Very collaborative and friendly environment, everyone wants to help one another - Product is mature, very little churn - Serves a very real need in the world - Highly admire CEO and rest of management, they seem to care a lot about us and the company. Not just our stock value.

Cons

- Fast growth has made more management layers - Nothing else

Advice to Management

Continue to invest and us as much as you have and we'll continue what we've started!

"Never Felt like management cared for employees"

Former Employee - Solutions Consultant

I worked at Guidewire full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

- Educational reimbursement program - Ability to travel with work - Exposure to different software languages

Cons

- Management listened to problems about customers but nothing was ever done. - If problem with a client then you were moved to other projects rather than the problem being addressed. - Morale very low in whole workplace. - Compensation was average.

Advice to Management

Address concerns employees had with clients and push back on ridiculous demands by clients. Alot of troubles were simply pushed under the rug and most of the employees knew this causing very little morale.

"Liberté, égalité, fraternité"

Former Employee - Software Engineer

I worked at Guidewire full-time for more than 6 years

Pros

I met some nice and very smart people

Cons

Mottos like: integrity, rationality, collegiality.

Advice to Management

Guidewire has this motto: integrity, rationality, collegiality. I'm sure that the people who originally composed this motto had good intentions. But, over time, these three words have become a tool to control employees. If management feels someone is behaving in some undesirable way, disagreeing, say, with some engineering decision or company policy, s/he is told s/he is being "irrational" or "uncollegial." It's like...

4. "Company Values are Real"

Current Employee - Regional Sales Director

I have been working at Guidewire full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

Guidewire truly lives the company values of integrity, rationality, and collegiality... this is demonstrated through the successful track record of implementations, retention of customers, and most importantly retention of employees. Guidewire is a career destination company for employees and a true partner to insurers that rely on InsurancePlatform to be the chassis for their business.

Cons

Our addressable market is only P&C which means somewhat limited addressable market.

5. "Great Vision and Leadership"

Current Employee - Sales in Foster City, CA

I have been working at Guidewire full-time

Pros

team environment/strong support/clear leader in space/empathetic to customers

Cons

P&C only is only limitation

"Avoid GSC (Guidewire Services Center)"

Current Employee - Consultant

I have been working at Guidewire full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

Casual work environment. Travel over seas for training. Good work/life balance.

Cons

GSC work is not challenging or exciting. Hard to feel any sense of pride in the work being done. It is a rare to have to design any sort of algorithm to solve complex problems. Most of the work is dedicated to upgrades and other menial tasks.

7. "UX Designer"

I have been working at Guidewire full-time

Pros

Really warm environment, efficient communication between engineering team and product team

Cons

Exton is too far away from HQ..

"Don't be fooled by the high ratings"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Foster City, CA

I have been working at Guidewire full-time for more than 4 years

Pros

Guidewire has been trying to transition to the Cloud for the past few years now which means there are many opportunities and teams where you can work with marketable technologies and grow your career.

Cons

Things are no longer the same at Guidewire. Guidewire used to be a good company which supported flexibility and autonomy. This is why it was such a highly reviewed place here on Glassdoor and won accolades for being one of the best places to work for in the past. It used to have a pretty good work-life balance. However, new mandates are being rolled out right now which are going to change all of that. Before you had the...

9. "Senior Architect"

• Overall

I have been working at Guidewire

Pros

Great compensation, benefit, and growth potential

Cons

Not strong in project management and methodology

"Not as nice as it first appears"

I have been working at Guidewire full-time for more than 4 years

Pros

Company quick to make hiring decisions, provides competitive starting pay. So if you need a well paying job fast, consider company for short term.

Cons

Middle management very inexperienced, lacks skills and knowledge. Senior management clueless about day to day operations, doesn't seem interested in the general employee base. Limited opportunities to learn new things, knowledge you bring to the company is discounted as not important.

Advice to Management

Provide management training to middle managers. Improve overall management of company.

Found 696 reviews