Guidewire Reviews | Glassdoor

Guidewire Reviews

Updated July 19, 2017

Full-timePart-time

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • The opportunity to work from home provides tremendous flexibility and allows for a good work-life balance (in 97 reviews)

• Everyone who works on-site gets to work from home on Friday (in 19 reviews)

Cons
  • Work/Life balance isn't a policy, but rather at the discretion of your manager (in 13 reviews)

• Small company getting big growing pains (in 18 reviews)

"Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Foster City, CA

I have been working at Guidewire full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

From the time I applied until today, each stage of the process was great. There is a true sense of collegiality and respect among all workers. Folks can agree to disagree and continue to be very respectful of each other. I have been with the company less than a year and my managers have encouraged growth and cross training across the team. This really is a wonderful place to work.

Cons

No cons at this time.

Advice to Management

You all are doing a wonderful job. We can see that you care. Continue to invest in your staff and encourage opportunities to work remote with flexibility in work hours. Your employees will go to the mat for you if they feel appreciated and valued. Thank you.

2. "Best product based company to work in insurance domain"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Foster City, CA

I have been working at Guidewire full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Competitive Pay in Bay area.
    Excellent company perks.
    Renowned brand.
    Excellent work life balanced work culture.
    Highly sophisticated and professional work culture.
    You get an opportunity to work with excellent technology stacks.
    This company is good for long term as well short term pursuant.

Cons

I don't see any cons with company's culture or growth until I really start comparing apple with oranges

Advice to Management

NA

"Guidewire is still amazing"

Pros

I have been here for 5 years and although the company is changing it is still an amazing place to work. It's great to work with a smart motivated team. The company mission and values still guide the decision making and direction of the organization.

Cons

None that come to mind.

Advice to Management

CEO is an amazing thinker, leader and speaker. It's important to spend time with the employees sharing your vision.

4. "intern"

Former Employee - Intern
    Former Employee - Intern

Pros

people are friendly, there's work-life balance

Cons

if there will be more open communication between ER and EE, it will be better

Advice to Management

open communication and in-time feedback to EE

5. "Best Job I Ever had!"

Pros

Guidewire stands by their core values and really cares about how their employees feel. It is difficult to message things in a huge company like this, and while not perfect, I feel that Guidewire is constantly trying new methods, soliciting input, taking suggestions, etc. I believe they adequately reward their employees based on Merit, and fully support the aspiration of each individual to help tailor their career path in the company as best they can. There is not micro-managing. The office environments are a pleasure to work in, and there is a lot of positive team spirit.

Cons

Some of the perks in other offices are not enjoyed in the Exton Office (free Gym & showers for example), but I believe they will look to address that in the future.

6. "Guidewire values its employees"

Pros

Guidewire provides excellent training and the tools I need to do my job. I am encouraged to bring my past experience to my new position, and my suggestions for process improvements are considered and acted upon. The company prides itself on communication at all levels, so employees are constantly in the loop.

Cons

I am concerned that the company is growing so rapidly, it may lose some of the small company features that make it such a great place to work.

Advice to Management

Keep doing the podcasts and sending out the surveys for employee feedback.

7. "I'm pretty happy here"

Pros

I've been at Guidewire and I still like my job. The more you prove yourself responsible, the more autonomy you have here, and I think that's a pretty good deal.

I'm both challenged and respected by my coworkers

Cons

Things seem to change pretty frequently. That's not necessarily bad, but it could be for some.

There's a bit more structure and bureaucracy than "the old days". Sometimes that gets in the way or slows things down, but these things seem to be put in place in a self-aware way, and it's a decision that needs to be made when a company grows.

8. "Guidewire is great"

Pros

I love working for Guidewire. The people who work here are top notch and friendly. Guidewire really makes you feel like they care about you. The leadership is up front and transparent with the goals and focus. The benefits, pay, and stock/bonus compensation is good. I feel like if I do well I will be awarded.

Cons

There is not a lot of flexibility when choosing your next assignment in services. You are kind of locked into what's available if it's a bad location, bad partners, or a demanding client it could be rough. I have not had a bad experience but maybe I'm lucky.

Advice to Management

Build up GSC more where it feels like there's advancement opportunities staying within the GSC.

9. "Guidewire - I believe in you!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Foster City, CA

Pros

After 10 years here, Guidewire has spoiled me. I have simply gotten so used to working with smart, collegial people who genuinely care about the company, the customers and one another. It is easy to forget that not all companies are like this. The leadership team cares deeply about doing the right thing for the employees. We are in exciting times and looking to once again disrupt the insurance industry with our offerings. This means some changes and adjustments, which are being carefully planned, but of course can still result in people being worried about the unknkown. We've been there before, and have even made some mistakes underestimating the complexity of products in the past. However, the leadership owned up, course corrected, and didn't compromise on quality. So, I continue to believe in the company's ability to deliver the best products for our customers, while providing a place with the character and values that employees can feel good about.

Cons

A few years ago, I said one con was that we were undergoing changes and I didn't know how those would work out. Well, here we are again, changing and adapting. So, I wouldn't call it a con, but a way of life in a growing company serving a dynamic industry.

Advice to Management

Keep listening

10. "True software company"

Pros

Too many to list but the main ones are:
    1. Leadership. Management team is filled with experts in their field all focused on the same goal.
    2. Culture. Collaborative and open. People are happy about what they do, eagerly help other on the team, and genuinely care about the customers
    3. Products. Industry leading products that the company continues to invest in heavily. The resources around training are also light years ahead of other places I've been.

Cons

Company could expand it's reach to other areas of insurance.

Advice to Management

Continue investing in the product and resources to support our clients -- they see it and so will the rest of industry