KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Guidewire

Engaged Employer

Guidewire

Add a Review

Guidewire Employee Reviews about "insurance industry"

Updated Apr 2, 2021

Found 45 of over 1,068 reviews

4.5
Guidewire CEO Mike Rosenbaum
Mike Rosenbaum

What people are saying about Guidewire

Join the conversation on
Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Guidewire and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "insurance industry"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee

Excellent, stable place to work

Oct 31, 2013 - Software Engineer in Foster City, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Thoughtful, intelligent colleagues; excellent work-life balance; very stable company. Provides software to a very stable industry (insurance) that really needs the applications in order to function.

Cons

Not much to say here -- doesn't have all the "perks" of some other companies like Google and Facebook, but those "perks" (cafeterias, bars, toys) seem mostly aimed at keeping people at work 100% of the time, which doesn't seem healthy.

Be the first to find this review helpful
  2. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Wonderful coworkers and a great company

May 3, 2013 - Implementation Architect
    Business Outlook

Pros

I was a little worried when I first was ask to join Guidewire. I was a programmer with a lot of experience but not in the insurance industry. When I went through training I found that all the folks that I trained with and all the developers, instructors and others were so helpful. Great folks that help insure that we all grow and achieve our maximum potential. What a wonderful feeling to ge a Guidewire employee. I have been with the company for over a year now and the experience continues to be rewarding in so many ways.

Cons

The amount of travel as a field consultant can be a bit stressful. Guidewire is well aware of this and makes every attempt to reduce the impact of being a Professional Services employee. They make it feel like you are part of an extended family.

Continue reading
    1 person found this review helpful
  3. 5.0
    Former Intern, less than 1 year

My experience was extremely rewarding.

Sep 28, 2014 - Software Engineer, Intern in Foster City, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

The company had a very friendly atmosphere and it was very easy to get work done there. The compensation was great and people are motivated to get things done and to help each other out.

Cons

Insurance is not the most glamorous industry to work in. The company itself is also not very well known, mostly because of the nature of the insurance industry, but that is not necessarily a negative.

Be the first to find this review helpful