KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Guidewire

Engaged Employer

Guidewire

Add a Review

Guidewire Employee Reviews about "work life balance"

Updated Dec 2, 2021

Found 133 of over 1,053 reviews

4.5
Guidewire CEO Mike Rosenbaum
Mike Rosenbaum

What people are saying about Guidewire

Join the conversation on
Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Great people that help you succeed and motivate you to perform at your best.(in 130 reviews)
  • "Great culture and values that serve customers well(in 88 reviews)
  • "People here have a good work/life balance and people understand the needs of family life.(in 78 reviews)
  • "Benefits are good(in 50 reviews)
  • "Great Colleagues to work with.(in 48 reviews)
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Guidewire and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "work life balance"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 3.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Not what it used to be

Feb 4, 2020 - Engineer in San Mateo, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Generally a good work life balance and everyone generally gets on well.

Cons

Poor sense of focus and direction within the product team at the moment but hopefully will improve soon

3 people found this review helpful
  2. 5.0
    Former Intern, less than 1 year

Guidewire Intern

Oct 16, 2014 - Software Engineer Intern in Foster City, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good work life balance and a lot of experienced engineers to learn from. I was given a a very open project that required a lot of responsibility from me in designing the project. If I had an idea, I had the ability to propose it and then just run wild with it. Made me feel at home with a lot of intern events and and good mentors. Good pay and relocation benefits.

Cons

Not many people in the office on Fridays since most people work from home.

1 person found this review helpful
  3. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 8 years

Great people, great benefits, great work

Aug 29, 2017 - Engagement Director in Chicago, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

I work with really intelligent people who work as a team to get the job done. The works is challenging enough to keep me interested & the work/life balance is generally pretty good. I've had good opportunities for progression, having started as a consultant and worked my way up to director level. And as far as benefits are concerned, I feel pretty well looked after.

Cons

Generally life is good. I have a few things that frustrate me - like our time & expense system - but they are all minor in the scheme of things. Occasionally, we do drop the ball on communication but even that is rare now.

Be the first to find this review helpful
  4. 1.0
    Former Employee

Disorganized and little to no oversight on mid management

Jun 21, 2017 - Anonymous Employee in Foster City, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

The company does promote a good work/life balance and there are certain groups that have a very good rapport.

Cons

Title inflation is rampant and some groups have very little oversight, which leads to terrible middle management, especially in the finance org. Managers absolutely need to do a better job of being proactive about developing talent beneath them and they also need to have more oversight. Moreover, when participating in one of the acquisitions the company did I noticed that the whole process was incredibly disorganized compared to what I've seen elsewhere...this needs to be improved.

16 people found this review helpful
  5. 1.0
    Former Employee

Pound of flesh

Dec 10, 2016 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Remuneration and benefits package is excellent

Cons

Poorly set personal objectives Unreasonable and excessive demands on staff; work/life balance poor Unfulfilled (and very necessary) training requirements Appalling man-management

7 people found this review helpful
  6. 5.0
    Current Employee

Very Professional, open culture and Customer focussed

Mar 18, 2012 -  in San Mateo, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Test driven development. Many very talented individuals. Excellent Work and Life balance. Customer success is one of the main focus. Fairly open communication. Huge variety of Customers. Focus on building very high quality products.

Cons

Management hierarchy developing in the last of departments (Engineering) and this may not be good. Although different from many other companies, the performance review system is sometimes questionable. Since the focus is on P&C insurance companies, options for creating a lot of products may not be possible.

4 people found this review helpful
  7. 5.0
    Current Employee

Enterprise software doesn't get better than this

Dec 7, 2008 - Software Engineer in San Mateo, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Guidewire is full of talented people. Engineering, Sales and Services all excel at creating great products and delivering to customers. Best of all it feels like everybody here is working together toward a common goal. We have a flat corporate hierarchy and little or no office politics. Your bosses always know what's going on. Unlike most companies they can know more than many of the workers. There is a culture of o