KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Sales Engineer

219 Comments

Join the conversation on

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Guild Education and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0

AMAZING COMPANY

Oct 4, 2021 - Education Coach in Lansing, MI
    Business Outlook

Pros

I have worked for Guild just over a month now and I love the atmosphere that Guild has. Everyone has been and continues to be supportive. Guild truly wants all of their employees to succeed. They offer amazing benefits, which are being added continuously. My role as an education coach is extremely rewarding helping students go back to school and accomplish their lifelong dreams.

Cons

Haven't come across any yet.

Guild Education Response

Thank you for sharing your experience and welcome to Guild! We're proud of the work that we do, the team that we've built, and the support that comes with being a Guilder. Please don't hesitate to reach out if you have any additional feedback. - Josh H-L, Senior Director of Student Services

2. 5.0

Feeling cared for

Oct 4, 2021 - Education Coach
    Business Outlook

Pros

Guild does a great job at helping folks stay rested and well. There are many mental health conversations, talks about work/life balance, and taking care of yourself along with the resources to do so such as counseling and phone apps that you may otherwise have to pay for.

Cons

Some positions are very metrics driven which can be hard for someone who hasn't worked in a metrics driven role before. The adjustment period takes some time but the support systems and managers I have interacted with have helped make my adjustment smooth.

Guild Education Response

Thank you for sharing your experience. We know that our rapid-growth, culture of continuous improvement, and serving our students can mean our coaches give a lot of themselves to the role . With that in mind we've invested in our benefits package and support systems so that you can continue to bring your full, best self to work. While we do ask our teams to monitor and hold themselves accountable to some critical metrics, I hope you're able to connect them to our desire to ensure every student receives the support they need to be successful in school and beyond. Please don't hesitate to reach out with any additional comments or feedback. - Josh H-L, Senior Director of Student Services

3. 3.0
    Current Employee

Good place to work if you are mission driven and don't care about pay

May 19, 2021 - Education Coach in Denver, CO
    Business Outlook

Pros

-Very mission-driven company, important and good work is being done for students and front line workers. -Education benefits, free bachelor's degree (but limited amount for master's programs). -Kind coworkers. -New and updated cool office downtown (haven't been able to use for over a year but slowly opening). -$30 a month phone reimbursement and some small monthly student loan help if applicable. - Very effective and thought-out lead scoring system. -Large referral bonus.

Cons

-Coaches are not paid competitively for Denver's market or cost of living. -401k isn't even matched despite being valued as a billion-dollar company!! -The education coach role is very "call center", lots of dials are needed to be successful. -Raise opportunities are only once a year. No cost of living raise for coaches, you have to be meeting the metrics. Lots of recent miscommunication with back and forth from higher-ups and management on qualifications. -Metrics (around raises) are constantly being changed. To get this last raise you had to have been exceeding or succeeding in the last 2 quarters but it wasn't announced until 1 quarter had already passed! -EXTREMELY HIGH turnover with upper management and executives. -Only select individuals are considered for promotions. -IT supply request wasn't sent out until 7 months into the pandemic and being at home.

6 people found this review helpful
  4. 5.0
    Current Employee

Great company to work for

Jan 11, 2021 - Education Coach
    Business Outlook

Pros

The people here are amazing. Everyone that works here is truly compassionate and cares about our mission but also each other. Management is helpful and engaging with team members. The work life balance is a 10/10. When I go to work, I enjoy my job. I don’t feel like it’s just a job that I’m doing in an everyday routine. I enjoy my conversations with students and taking those next steps to help Individuals go back to school. The hours are flexible as long as you are getting your work done, great PTO benefit, great medical/healthcare benefits, monthly phone and wellness stipend, and engaging team check-ins. The main difference from guild and other companies I’ve worked for in the past are the people and management. Working with people who truly care, want to change for the better and improve as a company, are kind, and hardworking makes me love working here. It’s rare to find that in a company that is growing as fast as Guild’s.

Cons

Guild is a fast growing company which comes with some growing pains. Being able to adapt to change quickly and roll with the punches is something I’ve had to learn working here.

5. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Growing pains to be expected at this size.

Feb 1, 2021 - Education Coach in Denver, CO
    Business Outlook

Pros

Forward thinking company placing emphasis on employees and diversity. Your voice is heard and the focus of your work is much more than just profits.

Cons

Transitioning from a start up to a mid-size company has it's pains. Changes are often made with little warning and can stress employees out. Not a great fit if you don't handle frequent changes well.

6. 5.0

An Encouraging Place to Start your Career

Jun 27, 2020 - Education Coach
    Business Outlook

Pros

-Opportunities for professional growth and support with lots of brilliant female mentors -A place to be yourself and develop your professional at work and have strong coworker relationships -Smart, social, and kind coworkers -Company rewards goal reaching with fun times -The work is engaging and enjoyable -A lot of authentic people you can learn a lot from -Strong feeling of social responsibility to team members and students -Great encouragement for work life balance -When the company focuses on the success of the people and students is when it thrives -Thoughtful business decisions -A group of people who genuinely want to help students have more opportunity

Cons

-Transitioning from start up life to a more corporate culture is difficult -More and more distance distance develops between higher leadership as the company scales and it takes longer to make decisions than it used to -I wish for less corporate language and more clear/direct language as it can alienate a lot of the group so we don't understand what's happening -Sometimes leadership can lack cohesion -A lot of choices are made by other departments that impact coaching teams negatively without consideration

2 people found this review helpful
  7. 1.0

Horrible Management

Jan 29, 2021 - Education Coach in Denver, CO
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great people and important mission

Cons

Terrible leadership and no communication

8 people found this review helpful
  8. 4.0

Great company, always learning

Jun 16, 2020 - Education Coach in Denver, CO
    Business Outlook

Pros

I feel well supported at Guild, especially the last three months that we've been going through a pandemic. Guild cares about its people, our leadership has been super thoughtful and flexible about supporting its employees.

Cons

We're definitely going through growing pains as we mature from start up mentality into a more structured, procedural way of life. We need to hire employees who are familiar and comfortable with this sort of transition and can help us build bridges between our cross functional teams.

9. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

not a company for people who dislike constant change and need structure and consistent routine

Jun 24, 2020 - Education Coach in Denver, CO
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Incredible benefits!!! Health, Dental, Vision, Parental Leave, monthly lunches, phone reimbursement, money for student loans, $50/month health and wellness reimbursement, access to our entire education catalog with different education benefit options, stock in the company, the office also is stocked with snacks, coffee, etc. Unlimited PTO after 1 year & 5 PTO days to use towards civil activism/volunteering (people less than one year get 15 PTO, 5 sick days, plus the volunteer) - A ton of opportunity for growth if you are willing to put in the work - A lot of freedom to contribute to change you want to see - Great opportunity for those who want to contribute to other roles and take part in projects - Working at a company that makes a profit but does good work in doing so (it feels GOOD to be connected to the mission!) - The company is full of progressive, like-minded individuals who all share a similar goal of bringing equity in education to everyone (we were even encouraged to purchase books to educate ourselves on this topic that was reimbursable!) - Incredible response to COVID - one of the first companies to start working from home, extremely open communication regarding the decisions made and how they will be made moving forward - Leadership acknowledges they are not perfect and they are really trying to figure things out. Lately, there has been a lot of conversations around inclusion and diversity - Getting to work for a company run by a strong woman who obviously is passionate about the work we do - feels good to not work for all white men in corporate America - Great work/life balance

Cons

- Things change frequently!! - Some roles have blurred lines - You may feel as though leadership is not as structured as it should be - We def have improvements to make in regards to structure - Not as diverse and inclusive as we should be even though it is something we try to pride ourselves on - Can be a difficult place to work if you are not outgoing/a generally social person

2 people found this review helpful
  10. 5.0

An Awesome Place to Work

Nov 12, 2019 - Education Coach in Denver, CO
    Business Outlook

Pros

It's great to help make a difference in people's lives, every day I help students take the first step to go back to school. The company truly cares about our clients and its employees The company was female founded and 75% of managers are women, which is very empowering You get weekly 1:1s with your manager, which makes me feel like my voice is heard, and I can improve skills that I want to work on

Cons

It's very difficult to get to know people outside of your department because the company is growing so quickly When no students answer and you make 100 calls in a day, it can feel a little discouraging

Viewing 1 - 10 of 15 Reviews