KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Guild Education

Engaged Employer

Guild Education

Add a Review

Guild Education Employee Reviews about "growing pains"

Updated Dec 3, 2021

Technical Account Manager

57 Comments

Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "2) Great benefits!(in 24 reviews)
  • "1) Great people!(in 23 reviews)
  • "Senior leadership truly cares about employees as well as our customers (students, and the employers we work with).(in 14 reviews)
  • "line mission being important, but our products and services are developed with a student's first mentality.(in 11 reviews)
  • "Great coworkers, good location, you have the potential to make a difference if the right people take interest in you.(in 9 reviews)
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Guild Education and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "growing pains"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 5.0

Great place to work!

Dec 3, 2021 - Career Coach in Kansas City, KS
    Business Outlook

Pros

Interesting work where you can make a difference. Engaging remote environment. The company invests in your learning and development as well.

Cons

There are some noticeable growing pains resulting from the rapid and high-growth that's occurred since the start-up phase of the company, but overall, that's a good problem to have and is being managed in a way that is inclusive and welcoming of any feedback from employees.

2 people found this review helpful

Guild Education Response

Thank you for sharing this feedback. I’m delighted that you’re enjoying the ability to make a real difference, our environment, and the investment in your growth. There are certainly some growing pains associated with our rapid scaling and it seems like no sooner have we addressed a batch than new ones pop up. It’s great that you appreciate the collaborative way we solve these “good problems” though. Thanks again, Josh Hadden - Leggett VP, Coaching

2. 5.0

Forward Thinking People First Company

Jun 21, 2021 - Data Engineer in Denver, CO
    Business Outlook

Pros

Guild is constantly growing and improving, in my years at the company there has never been a cut in benefits or services offered to employees, not even in 2020, only raises and rewards. Guild values it's employees, from pay transparency to career growth, from work flexibility to team activities. Guild's greatest positive is the Mission. You could make more money working for an ad agency, or a real estate investment firm, or an oil company. But would any of those or other similar industries provide you with a sense of accomplishment? With the knowledge that no matter how scary the world is, at least you're playing a small part to make it just a bit brighter? That you're not just a cog in a machine bent on exploiting our world, but instead a mighty sprocket in an engine that seeks to enhance and elevate the lives of millions of Americans and the very foundations of Democracy (through education)? This is Guild.

Cons

- No 401k Matching - Growing company means growing pains, have to keep on top of internal org structure or risk being slightly confused for a minute or two while you just ask someone who you should contact about such and such.

3 people found this review helpful
  3. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Never felt more valued

Oct 4, 2021 - Student Success Coach in Denver, CO
    Business Outlook

Pros

Guild truly values its employees. This is shown through both the awesome benefits for all employees and through coworkers truly being collaborative. There is a lot of room for internal movement and following whatever career goals you may have.

Cons

Guild is a startup, which comes with all of those startup growing pains. Things change a lot and systems aren't perfect. But at the end of the day, everyone here knows why we are here and that's what truly matters.

Guild Education Response

Thank you for your willingness to share your experience and excitement. Connecting and collaborating with our hyper-talented, mission-focused colleagues has been a highlight of my time with Guild as well. It's also great to hear that you're already feeling the investments we've made in our benefits package and professional development. The growth that Guild has experienced certainly hasn't always led to smooth sailing - but I like to think that the challenges that come with rapid growth are the "good" problems to have. Don't hesitate to reach out to share any additional feedback on your experience. - Josh H-L, Senior Director of Student Services

4. 5.0
    Current Employee

Great workplace, incredible team!

Oct 18, 2021 - Senior Associate in Denver, CO
    Business Outlook

Pros

Responsive, hard-working and expert teams in a world-leading education benefits company. Incredible clients and really thorough interview process.

Cons

Extremely long onboarding (do not regret it though) and lack of internal processes (company is growing quickly so more so growing pains).

Guild Education Response

Thank you for sharing your Guild experience. It’s so great that you see the responsiveness of our hard-working experts. I’m confident that this incredible team can both continue to deliver transformative work for our clients AND address the inevitable growing pains that come with growth - so that we can, in turn, continue to deliver transformative work for our clients at great scale. It’s a virtuous cycle - it’s just bumpy at times. Thanks again, Lorna Hagen, CPO

5. 5.0
    Current Employee

Great company to work for

Jan 11, 2021 - Education Coach
    Business Outlook

Pros

The people here are amazing. Everyone that works here is truly compassionate and cares about our mission but also each other. Management is helpful and engaging with team members. The work life balance is a 10/10. When I go to work, I enjoy my job. I don’t feel like it’s just a job that I’m doing in an everyday routine. I enjoy my conversations with students and taking those next steps to help Individuals go back to school. The hours are flexible as long as you are getting your work done, great PTO benefit, great medical/healthcare benefits, monthly phone and wellness stipend, and engaging team check-ins. The main difference from guild and other companies I’ve worked for in the past are the people and management. Working with people who truly care, want to change for the better and improve as a company, are kind, and hardworking makes me love working here. It’s rare to find that in a company that is growing as fast as Guild’s.

Cons

Guild is a fast growing company which comes with some growing pains. Being able to adapt to change quickly and roll with the punches is something I’ve had to learn working here.

6. 5.0
    Current Employee

Best job I have ever had!!!

Sep 20, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Amazing mission, great leadership, generous benefits (including stock)

Cons

lack of 401k match, typically growing pains associated with scaling a startup quickly

Guild Education Response

Thank you for posting this review. It’s wonderful that you feel so connected to the mission, feel that leaders are stepping up to the task, and that we reward the team with a strong benefits offering. With continued scaling, leaders will have to lean in and step up even more to make sure the mission is served, and that growing pains are remedied one by one, so this can stay the best job you’ve ever had. I’m proud of our strong benefits offering - but that doesn't mean we’re done making improvements! Thanks again, Lorna

7. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Pros

- Mission driven plus v. interesting industry (intersection of future of work & economic mobility) - Smart, compassionate coworkers - Exciting energy that Guild is growing and changing the landscape of education benefits for big companies - Fun that is brought to work (feel that I can bring my full self to work; also Guild definitely has fun celebrating when good things happen!)

Cons

- Growing pains from high growth but putting into place more foundations now (doing a good job of doing this now; will be a continued effort) - Guild is highly cross-functional which is much more challenging than simply doing one's work within one's own function (requires patience, compromise, frequent communication, and learning about what other teams are working on)

8. 5.0
    Former Employee

Excellent Coworkers

May 25, 2021 - Student Success Advisor in Berkeley, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

My colleagues were very supportive during my onboarding, and I immediately felt a sense of community and connection.

Cons

The Student Success team had many growing pains, and it felt like a forgotten section of the startup. The team felt very overworked and unclear on the job responsibilities.

9. 4.0
    Current Employee

Great place to work and grow

Apr 21, 2021 - Senior Data Engineer in Denver, CO
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great place to work. I have a lot of autonomy to do my job while also having a nice cross functional team, makes it great to be here. Work life balance is awesome too.

Cons

Growing pains, in terms of deprecating old services and software. Also, trying to get best practices being implemented is challenging when moving from the scrappy start up to a mature environment.

10. 5.0
    Current Employee

Growing company making a real impact!

Sep 26, 2020 - President, Learning Marketplace
    Business Outlook

Pros

The opportunity to do well and do good is rare, but you can find it at Guild. The mission, growth, and opportunity for impact at scale are unparalleled. This particularly true, if you believe in the value of providing education to working adults. This company has a real opportunity to make a difference in the lives of people, and it's building a large business in the process.

Cons

Guild was just named the 23 fasted growing company in the county, that kind of incredible growth causes growing pains. The pace is fairly intense, and was particularly intense during the summer (but has calmed a bit).

Viewing 1 - 10 of 19 Reviews