Gulf Coast Jewish Family Services, Inc Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

2.6
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Michael Bernstein

1. "Helping the community"

Former Employee - Vocational Tutor in Miami, FL
    Former Employee - Vocational Tutor in Miami, FL

I worked at Gulf Coast Jewish Family Services, Inc (More than 5 years)

Pros

I was able to contribute to my community children education.

Cons

Financial stability of the program.

2. "Offended and highly disappointed"

I have been working at Gulf Coast Jewish Family Services, Inc full-time

Pros

Love my job but today was disappointed and offended that politics reared it's ugly head into an all staff email!!!!! Very unprofessional!

Cons

It was suggested that all staff, on the own personal email of course, give non-support to our President and ask us to sign a petition to support refugees from Muslim countries; they care more about the bottom dollar than about Americans being safe! So offended that my employer would do such a thing!

Advice to Management

Keep politics to yourself and not try to sway opinion and suggest signing a political petition or trying to make others believe what you believe, or what your agenda is, like the crooked media does!

3. "Supervisor"

Current Employee - Case Manager/Case Manager Supervisor in Kissimmee, FL
    Current Employee - Case Manager/Case Manager Supervisor in Kissimmee, FL

I have been working at Gulf Coast Jewish Family Services, Inc (More than 3 years)

Pros

The people you work with daily in the office are great and feels like family setting. The staff is very supportive of each other.

Cons

The expectations are much higher than what's described. The senior management team doesn't interact with the staff when they visit the offices.

Advice to Management

Look at providing opportunities to retain quality employees which can include benefits like off-site trainings and growth in other areas within county.

5. "Case Manager"

Pros

Flexible schedule, able to work without too much over head in house, everything has to go through Eckerd which is too micro managing.

Cons

Pay is too low, they are so concerned about overtime, holidays fall on a Jewish schedule.

6. "Company Review"

Pros

Great Company,Flexibility,Great Pay,Benefits, and Co-workers Interaction

Cons

Communication
    Time Management
    Management is too busy to listen to concerns

Advice to Management

Listen to concerns of workers

7. "Terrible place to work"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lakeland, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lakeland, FL

I worked at Gulf Coast Jewish Family Services, Inc full-time

Pros

Got experience in case management

Cons

The supervisors are terrible, they don't give you the support you need and are more than willing to throw you under the bus for something they should have done. Workplace is very cliquey... lots of gossip and unprofessional work environment. High stress jobs shouldn't have more stress added because the management SUCKS. HR was notified I don't know how many times and they always say they'll change things, but nothing ever happens. I'm so glad I'm out of that place.

Advice to Management

Reevaluate the people you call "leadership".

8. "Office coordinator"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Clearwater, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Clearwater, FL

I worked at Gulf Coast Jewish Family Services, Inc full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Dedicated coworkers, good benefits

Cons

Management doesn't listen to employee concerns

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees' concerns regarding low salaries and low morale.

9. "CWCM"

Current Employee - CWCM in Lakeland, FL
    Current Employee - CWCM in Lakeland, FL

I have been working at Gulf Coast Jewish Family Services, Inc full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This an excellent opportunity to get your foot in the door.

Cons

Case Management is not for everyone. It is important to have good organization and time management skills.

"Dependency Case Manager"

Current Employee - Dependency Case Manager in Kissimmee, FL
    Current Employee - Dependency Case Manager in Kissimmee, FL

Pros

Good place to start after college but should not be considered for long term. Descent pay and good benefits. Compensation for mileage is nice.

Cons

The months of training that you attend feel like a waste of time once you come out and realize that you understand almost nothing about the job. You will feel as though are drowning for months on end before you even begin to understand what to do. Quite a few members of management love to be condescending while implying or even admitting that case managers are replaceable. One supervisor readily stated that she wouldn't care if anyone quit because there will always be someone do the work. Management has a very bad habit of writing things in the network that didn't happen and those above them are often times made aware of the situation but do nothing about it because it would result in a termination of employment which they can't afford to have happen. Do not ever get excited when someone says that help is on the way and that your case load will be going down soon. The majority of people hired in seldom last longer than a few weeks out of training. Management will lie just win short term appeasement out of you and if you call them out on it, they will find a way to turn it around on you being a lazy employee and often times end the conversation with "That's case management." The judge does not care and neither does anyone else about what the case worker before you didn't do. You will be scrutinized for it and your attorney will throw you under the bus without hesitation. While attending a meeting with the corporate members of management, they acknowledged that the turnover percentage was in the mid 30s and that they were looking into doing something to change that but not so much as an e-mail has come through since then suggesting otherwise.

Advice to Management

Respect your employees. Most of us are brand new to this field and we require patience before we can really understand the job. Those of us who have gone to school for this line of work are well aware of what the job entails and we understand that there are certain pieces that can't be changed, but make due with what you can. We are disrespected and berated enough by foster parents, parents, the Guardian Ad Litem Program, providers and the courts. We shouldn't go home on a regular basis feeling like we are replaceable parts of the agency that nobody minds doing without.

11. "Case manager"

I worked at Gulf Coast Jewish Family Services, Inc full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Helps brings families together

Cons

High stress
    Unrealistic expectations
    Extremely high turnover

Advice to Management

Learn how to treat your employees better and hear their cries for help. Morale is everything