Gulf Coast Western Reviews | Glassdoor

Gulf Coast Western Reviews

Found 13 reviews

4.5
  1. Great company to work for.

I have been working at Gulf Coast Western full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

Gulf Coast Western is a great company to build a career with. Everything is done well; from the in-depth training, to the outstanding support. The projects managed by Gulf Coast Western are bar none and the family- oriented culture makes it a great place to work.

Cons

No cons to speak of.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you do best.

2. My experience

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Gulf Coast Western full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

Gulf Coast western is a prolific company, that strives for excellence in every way. It has been a breath of fresh air working for a company that actually does what they say they will do, and that actually has the clients best interest in mind as much as their own. They literally do seek out the best opportunities for their investors and do everything top notch from start to finish. This approach ensures good long term...

Cons

I can't think of any cons to working here.

Advice to Management

Keep up the classy work.

3. My stance

Current Employee - Associate Vice President in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Gulf Coast Western full-time for more than 6 years

Pros

I have worked for GCW three separate occasions, which in my opinion speaks volumes about the company, because I keep coming back. I've worked for several oil companies and I can assure you that there is no company out there that is as a well oiled machine, as GCW is. If you can't be successful here, you won't be successful in the industry. Everything that you need to be successful will be provided for you. And if you...

Cons

It's a tough job, it's not for everyone. You have to have a good mental mind set for this industry.

Advice to Management

Excellent manager and I'm proud to work for him.

4. Efforts Are Rewarded

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Gulf Coast Western full-time for more than 4 years

Pros

Currently employed for the last 3 years Family atmosphere makes it easy to love my job Compensation is directly related to my efforts Clients are treated fair and valued as people Very happy with the company overall and my current lifestyle

Cons

This is a niche job that requires significant effort, but the rewards are more than worth it...

Advice to Management

I would like to thank management for the awesome job they do here!

5. Great company to work for!

Current Employee - Senior Vice President in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Gulf Coast Western full-time for more than 6 years

Pros

I have worked there going on 6 years. It is a great company to work for. They provide all the tools you will need to be successful. The training program is very comprehensive and the managers always there to help you. You have unlimited earning potential if you put the work in, Great benefits, health insurance, 401(k) and Very generous vacation time

Cons

It is not for everyone., you must have a self starter mentality and strong work ethic. If you put the time in you will succeed.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work. I like the direction we are headed!

6. Vice President

Former Employee - Vice President Sales in Dallas, TX

I worked at Gulf Coast Western full-time for more than 4 years

Pros

The company is run as a TRUE family business. The CEO, the office manager, and the back office are always willing to provide you with the tools and support for the reps to be successful.

Cons

The firm expects and DEMANDS their reps to work hard and always keep their investors up to date. A LOT is expected from the sales team...but it is worth it...you MUST be willing to totally immerse yourself in the way that GCW expects you to conduct business, or you will "not make the grade"....and be gone

Advice to Management

Nothing really.....they seem to have the best sales people in the business... I left for an opportunity in a different field

7. Administration

Former Employee - Administration in Dallas, TX

I worked at Gulf Coast Western full-time for more than 6 years

Pros

Gulf Coast Western was a fun place to work. A company that still shuts down for 10 days so the employees can spend time with their families, without taking away vacation days! A true family business with multiple generations in the office.

Cons

Insurance was a pretty high deductible, but the company pays 100% of premium for the employee.

Advice to Management

I don't know insurance, but a lower deductible would be appreciated.

8. Associate VP

I worked at Gulf Coast Western full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

Family owned firm treats you like family even during the tough oil market we are in (Beverly the CEO’s 84 mom has been here for decades)with good benefits. The training program is detailed here and a great place to start a career in investments/sales. All sales staff go to well drill sites and meet operators within their first year. Product knowledge and regulatory standards are taught in great detail.

Cons

Not enough room for career advancement due to the size (50 employees)

Advice to Management

Keep promoting from within and listening to employee feedback,this was improving significantly before I had to relocate to another state.

9. Commission sales opportunity!

Former Employee - Account Executive in Meridian, ID

I worked at Gulf Coast Western full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

This job has huge earning potential! The commissions are real.

Cons

Must be comfortable selling over the phone.

Pass on this place

I worked at Gulf Coast Western

Pros

Nice office, that's about it

Cons

You are swindling people into making an oil investment. Nobody makes any money. It's all about finding wealthy people that need a tax credit. if you have no moral compass, feel free to try and make sales here.

Found 13 reviews