Gulf Coast Windows Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.4
Bill Gaul

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Excellent Place to Work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I have been working at Gulf Coast Windows full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This company has been an excellent place to work. I have been given the opportunity to advance and learn about the window replacement business. Mr. Fiume, the owner is a caring and compassionate individual who has built this company on integrity and good moral values. Something that seems to have been lost on our new generation.

Cons

I have seen no cons to working at Gulf Coast Windows

2. "Good job to learn from and advance your career."

Former Employee - Texas in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Texas in Houston, TX

I worked at Gulf Coast Windows full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You will learn alot by working along side the owner. He's very successful and learning how he does things will help you in the future. The pay is very competitive. Management is very passionate on the business.

Cons

If you have a family life, it will be hard on you. Only the strong can survive the demanding hours.

Advice to Management

During my time, I feel management was doing a good job.

"Horrible"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I worked at Gulf Coast Windows full-time

Pros

NONE...i have nothing good to say about this company

Cons

Owner is THE most paranoid man on the planet. He rips off his customers and skirts so many tax laws that some day, it will catch up to him.

"Don't waste you time"

Current Employee - Sales in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Sales in Houston, TX

Pros

Oldest and largest window replacement company in Houston, TX
    Well respected company
    huge marketing budget
    excellent products

Cons

They opened a new division for radiant barrier, sun rooms, pergolas, and vinyl windows. The ENTIRE new division was supported by one mall kiosk! We only had 1-2 leads per week. What a joke. Management is arrogant and can do no wrong. They sell you on making $150k a year, but that only applies to the "other" division which is supported by a multi-million dollar yer round marketing campaign.

Advice to Management

Get off you high horse and provide a fair share of leads to your new employees, until the new division has enough leads to support the personnel. Treat your sales reps like employees and not "outsiders"

5. "Best Company in the Window Business"

I have been working at Gulf Coast Windows full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Jim Fiume, owner/CEO of Gulf Coast Windows is a "master marketer" and has established the best window brand in Houston. Additionally, in my 30+ years in the home improvement industry, I've never witnessed anyone with a stronger work ethic and passion for serving his customers than Jim Fiume. Great Company and getting better every day!

Cons

Sometimes we don't hire the "best of the best" people and that can hurt the customer and employee experience.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing!

6. "Good"

I worked at Gulf Coast Windows full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You will gain experience in the field no matter in what dept you work in.

Cons

Busy, not much down time but it's all worth it.

7. "Great Company"

I have been working at Gulf Coast Windows full-time

Pros

Very successful company who takes care of their customers and employees. They are understanding about work/life balance as long as you're honest with them about what's going on and still do your job or make up your time. They are the ones paying you, after all. The owner is a very respected person in the community and passionate about his business. He likes to see results and gives credit when credit is due.

Cons

If you understand that the owner has high standards and passionate about his business, you won't have any issues.

Advice to Management

I feel management is doing a good job

8. "You get chated out of your pay"

Pros

Nothing I can think of is positive about working there. Owner is paranoid. Owner has no regard for treating people well.

Cons

Commissions for doing sales are not a set rate. Their formula to figure out your commission is based on the "profit" in each job. BUT... the owner (Jim Fiume) can say all kinds of things went wrong with your job. They can say it needed all this extra work, and they do not provide any real proof as to the additional "cost" to the job. You're supposed to just believe them. I received checks that showed items were one cost one week and a different cost the next. THAT'S WHILE YOU'RE THERE. If you stop providing your services to the company, it just becomes ridiculous. They lie about everything. They promise up 20% commissions. You are lucky if you receive 10% by the time your job is completed. Management there has gone down the drain. Most of the installers have quit because of getting cheated on their pay. Their YELP reviews speak for themselves. Once a good window company has become untrustworthy, unreliable, and over-priced. Owner only cares about the quick dollar, paying no mind to the destruction of his own company due to bad management and greed. My old customers STILL call me trying to get my help because no one at Gulf Coast Windows returns their calls. Pathetic.

Advice to Management

Have some integrity. Learn to listen to the needs of the people working for you and with you. BETTER YET... let somebody else do the job right.

9. "Avoid this place"

I worked at Gulf Coast Windows full-time

Pros

Pro: forced to work 8-5 ONLY with hard cut off at 5pm.

Cons

Cons: Everything else about this company falls on the Con side. Management is a joke; no internal structure; owner is a horrible person - especially if you are female.

Please - avoid this place and keep looking. No job is better than working at this place.

Advice to Management

Grow up and learn how to manage employees.

10. "My experience has been very positive. The owner is very passionate about his customers, employees and his company."

I have been working at Gulf Coast Windows full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Companies reputation is unlike any other in the industry. Management has great experience and knowledge of the industry. Companies pay scale is much higher than other companies in the business. Excellent growth opportunities.

Cons

Owners passion can come across the wrong way to some people, but if you understand that his standards are much higher than most companies you want have any issues.